• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
i miss 104th Ymir :(

she wanted to be her own person, a free person that lived for herself...

really makes you think 🤔

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe what's about to unfold right now is part of Isayama's original ending plan. I believe that in the original ending, Eren destroys the world and we get a 'bad' outcome for everyone but the Eldians (perhaps bad for everyone). Now that Isayama's idea has shifted to a "guardians of the galaxy" style ending, I'm not sure what to think. Final panel definitely makes it look like the world is not destroyed.

I'm betting my all on humanity's real savior, Armin

And Eren? I mean, Historia is carrying his child!

Eren got enraged at king Fritz using OG Ymir as cattle for breeding titan holders. I doubt he would repeat history with impregnating Historia for this purpose.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe what's about to unfold right now is part of Isayama's original ending plan. I believe that in the original ending, Eren destroys the world and we get a 'bad' outcome for everyone but the Eldians (perhaps bad for everyone). Now that Isayama's idea has shifted to a "guardians of the galaxy" style ending, I'm not sure what to think. Final panel definitely makes it look like the world is not destroyed.

Eren got enraged at king Fritz using OG Ymir as cattle for breeding titan holders. I doubt he would repeat history with impregnating Historia for this purpose.
In keeping with the Norse stuff, Eren's unleashing Ragnarok.

What that looks like and how others react is the question.

Oct 25, 2017

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017

It's a lot more realistic that making her getting pregnant with a random farmer.
Also the baby would be a strong reason for the ferocious resolve that Eren has in the current arc.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017

What do you mean by original ending?

Oct 27, 2017
What do you mean by original ending?

There was an interview of Isayama years ago (can't find it rn) where he said that he originally planned a grim ending to the series. Then the manga / anime blew up in popularity, which made him reconsider the gritty ending he had in mind. In another interview he said that the ending he now has in mind is "guardians of the galaxy" inspired.

It is rumored that the stills from the beginning of Season 1 Episode 1 (Eren and co lying dead in a forest) are supposed to allude to this original ending.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
There was an interview of Isayama years ago (can't find it rn) where he said that he originally planned a grim ending to the series. Then the manga / anime blew up in popularity, which made him reconsider the gritty ending he had in mind. In another interview he said that the ending he now has in mind is "guardians of the galaxy" inspired.

It is rumored that the stills from the beginning of Season 1 Episode 1 (Eren and co lying dead in a forest) are supposed to allude to this original ending.
Interesting. That's kind of a shame, i feel like a gritty ending would make sense for the series, but I also feel like he has proven himself to be A good writer so I'll trust his judgement. I'm not entirely sure what a GotG style ending means though, something to do with bonds?

RangerBAD

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I really don't know what's going to happen. Does Eren want to destroy it all. Maybe he'll destroy the walls and that will be the metaphor.

Oct 26, 2017
I love how Zeke looks like Fritz, and a couple of panels Fritz looked like the beast titan. Wonder if that particular titan is from the Fritz blood. When Zeke's shouting about being royalty, makes his case a bit lol.

Oct 27, 2017
I love how Zeke looks like Fritz, and a couple of panels Fritz looked like the beast titan. Wonder if that particular titan is from the Fritz blood. When Zeke's shouting about being royalty, makes his case a bit lol.

Zeke: bUt i hAvE rOyAL bLoOd

Get fucked.

I wonder what kind of titan powers the three daughters got, and why it eventually split into nine main titans, each with oddly specific characteristics.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
I think my favorite reveal was still the attack titan seeing the future reveal.

When did Krueger realize that Grisha was going to be the next inheritor. The interveiw with Grisha's sister and the dogs, or later on?

Oct 25, 2017
I think my favorite reveal was still the attack titan seeing the future reveal.

When did Krueger realize that Grisha was going to be the next inheritor. The interveiw with Grisha's sister and the dogs, or later on?
"Who is this Eren that keeps talking to me about the future? Am I going crazy? Why am I talking to myself?" Dude probably got body hijacked.

-Peabody-

Oct 29, 2017
As for the original grim ending, he said he was thinking along the lines of the 2007 adaptation of "The Mist" in which

the main cast of characters agrees to be shot by the protagonist after realizing the hopelessness of their situation, leaving only the main character to scream angrily into the mist. The army arrives moments later to rescue him.

To be honest if they stopped right here that would be closer to what was in mind originally.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Man, this looks like the biggest retcon ever, but fuck me if it isn't glorious.

Who could've thought when he was first introduced that Eren would end up being such a boss.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Retcon? There's no retcon at this at all.

Yeah there's no way the walls are named after the children of Ymir since day 1. Isayama didn't plan this since the beginning, it's clear. But it's impressive how he's closing the manga nonetheless.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Yeah there's no way the walls are named after the children of Ymir since day 1. Isayama didn't plan this since the beginning, it's clear. But it's impressive how he's closing the manga nonetheless.
Even if you're right, that's not what a retcon is. A retcon must change something that was already established as canon. At no point did Isayama suggest that the walls weren't named after them.

A creator adding something on top of what was already there is not a retcon, it's... simply the creative process.

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
The only Isayama asspull of the series so far to me has been the Reiner transferring his consciousness bullshit.

Eren seeing his future memories has been weird also, because I think that so far it has been an unnecessary twist, and I hope that it wasn't the solely reason for his personality change.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So your inability to believe someone can plan their own story long term = retcon. That's just not what the word means. Retcon means they established something and then changed it later on. This only added more/new details, not changed old ones.

I think Isayama actually had some idea earlier on, too.
The only Isayama asspull of the series so far to me has been the Reiner transferring his consciousness bullshit.

Eren seeing his future memories has been weird also, because I think that so far it has been an unnecessary twist, and I hope that it wasn't the solely reason for his personality change.
As I've said in another thread I thought it was fine for the second time it happened when he transferred it to his titan(it totally makes sense, especially with new details we've learned in this arc, when Eren's Titan was getting sniped in the head and I think Pieck said it would disorient him). The first time when Reiner transferred his consciousness to his own spinal cord.... like, what!?

And that's a pretty huge thing to happen to someone, so I think it would make sense for Eren to change so drastically after seeing that. Probably after a long period of reflection, anyways.

Oct 27, 2017
Why are people thinking the walls being named after ymir's daughters is new info? This has been known since willy's talk more than 20 chapters ago. Isayama has been planning stuff since the beginning; the wall titans, ymir's message to eren, mikasa's tattoo... maria rose and sheena being actual women is way down the list lol.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
This is not a retcon. For it to be a retcon it has to change something that he had already established in the manga.

All we knew was the name of the walls. Nothing about the origins of those names. It was a reveal, not a retcon.

I swear, 90% of people who use the phrase retcon these days have no idea what it means.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Is Annie still in this form? Haven't read in years
annie-and-_39_s-crystal-is-buying-her-time-to-live-until-her-grand-finale-photo-u1

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
Isn't Annie in the capital? it would be impossible for her to appear in Shiganshina in the short term.

By the way, 1 or 2 months have passed since the battle of Liberio, and the world army supposedly was going to attack Paradis in 6 months, so I wonder if there's going to be some kind of timeskip. It would give time for Levi to be cured, but I guess that in the current situation a timeskip wouldn't make sense.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Isn't Annie in the capital? it would be impossible for her to appear in Shiganshina in the short term.
I think you underestimate the fastest of the 9 titans plus a fully healed Annie plus how small Paradis really is plus Annie has ran farther before in less than a day plus the miracle of manga storytelling

toutoune134

Nov 7, 2017
To avoid confusion: this bonus illustration was made by Satoshi Kadokawi for the release of his illustration Book which contains all the daily illustration he drew during S3P2's broadcast.

It doesn't mean in any way that WIT is working on S4.