• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Like, how do you even fight Eren right now? This dude has become a literal god.

I feel like he can only beat by tricking him or arguing him to stop.

Hybris

Oct 25, 2017
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Do you think that he would draw the face of the heroe of the story like this?

JjpryMtTnI71iIhHEQZ0lp3162PMxBAzkvloqc-J4mU34m_Mi9c7hxrQjcJpnKgqEKwn0AD76gsW9vy1WSpzyJPxOdBjIF1M3M6b0d4yO-A1J6AB3p0vX73Oq7x05Yjvq-wxVQfWxA=s0
Nope, like I said, I don't think it's gonna happen.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
That final panel becomes more and more crazy with how things are unfolding. Eren has to be shut down fast and hard, if those titans reach anywhere else and the world sees the full terror of what Eren has become than that's it, one side has to go. if Eren ends up losing then Eldians will be genocided on the spot, if he wins well..... everyone outside the island is dead. Eren has to be dealt with immediately and the truth has to be twisted to paint Paradis in a positive light, no one outside can know Eren almost ended the world.

And like yeah Eren is obviously being portrayed as in the wrong, he's the only psycho who wants this, like how clear can you make it that Eren is the bad guy here? Though even in a scenario he does end the world that wouldn't necessarily be portraying him as right, it would be a very nihilistic grimdark ending, a doomed world that never had a chance. World War 3 came early and now it's a "free world" of sticks and stones.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeager brothers are kinda shit at plans, y'all. Save everyone by killing all our people! Save our people by killing everyone!

These duuuudes

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Yeager brothers are kinda shit at plans, y'all. Save everyone by killing all our people! Save our people by killing everyone!

These duuuudes
Like someone else you're seeing the two extremes of what oppression can do to a person. Zeke representing the self hatred and Eren representing outward hatred. Unlike our world these guys have meat nukes and reality warping powers to do something about it. Eren isn't anymore right than Zeke was, i.e not at all.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
That final panel becomes more and more crazy with how things are unfolding. Eren has to be shut down fast and hard, if those titans reach anywhere else and the world sees the full terror of what Eren has become than that's it, one side has to go. if Eren ends up losing then Eldians will be genocided on the spot, if he wins well..... everyone outside the island is dead. Eren has to be dealt with immediately and the truth has to be twisted to paint Paradis in a positive light, no one outside can know Eren almost ended the world.

And like yeah Eren is obviously being portrayed as in the wrong, he's the only psycho who wants this, like how clear can you make it that Eren is the bad guy here? Though even in a scenario he does end the world that wouldn't necessarily be portraying him as right, it would be a very nihilistic grimdark ending, a doomed world that never had a chance. World War 3 came early and now it's a "free world" of sticks and stones.

If Eren succeeds and Paradis becomes a utopia after he wins then it's a giant case of "The Extremist was Right"

Here are the people whom everyone, sometimes even the viewers, thought were the Well-Intentioned Extremist or Knight Templar that always turns out to be wrong — but instead they were completely right. Their ideas about how to go about making the world a better place are appropriate, and not only are they genuinely working toward a better world, they've succeededin doing so, or else succeed during the course of the story. These are genuine examples of that term that so many villains falsely claim to be, necessary evils, within the context of the story.

The last panel that Isayama showed seem to imply that Eren wins.

Now if Eren wins and then Paradis enters a deadly civil war afterward between the Yeagerists and their opposition to the point that Paradis is destroyed sending people back to tribal societies, that'd at least point towards Eren being wrong. He didn't solve anything, he's just a mass murdering asshole.

Last edited:

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Real talk, the outside world will be fine. If the world is anything like ours, those 50m tall titans aren't making it across the ocean unless they don't have to breathe, and even then, they won't be able to move due to deep sea pressure.

They also way too heavy for boats, probably.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
If Eren succeeds and Paradis becomes a utopia after he wins then it's a giant case of "The Extremist was Right"

The last panel that Isayama showed seem to imply that Eren wins.

Now if Eren wins and then Paradis enters a deadly civil war afterward between the Yeagerists and their opposition to the point that Paradis is destroyed sending people back to tribal societies, that'd at least point towards Eren being wrong. He didn't solve anything, he's just a mass murderer that achieved nothing.
The fact that you think that about the final panel is probably a big part of the reason he revealed it, it's even more clear now it's meant to make you think and give you anxiety about where this is all gonna end up with how things are currently unfolding.

Eren winning AND being portrayed as in the 100% right is a very unlikely scenario, I'm not even gonna give that air at the moment. The craziest of those tropes usually don't go as far as to do both on this kind of horrific scale.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
QUESTION

does Eren have the power to control the titans or the power to do whatever he wants to the people of ymir?

or he just used the power in one instant to give the order to stomp the world?

because he aint royal to be using the coordinate willingly

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Then it's not karmic righteousness.

And?

It's a popular story marketed towards teenagers. In a vacuum, it doesn't matter but stories sell ideas to its audience.

Let's say that I'm right and the story wants to resolve its story with its main protagonist committing genocide against every other group that's not part of his home. What's the message? What's the takeaway?

Keep going. You seriously make the thread. I mean we don't know what will happen.

Kuroyume

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good chapter. Not much to say though... Wasn't excpecting another flashback. Loved the scene at the end where Eren was talking and it showed each character listening.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Isayama is too smart and AoT is too good for such a dumb ending.
Good chapter. Not much to say though... Wasn't excpecting another flashback. Loved the scene at the end where Eren was talking and it showed each character listening.
The flashback was soooo integral though, explained a lot.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the anime and manga has foreshadowed that he wants to destroy the whole world so heavily that there isn't any actual twist left about his agenda.

He even told Ymir to destroy the whole world while he pulls the Eldians into the Paths.

At this rate, people will believe there's some twist about it until the last page of the manga hits so that Eren could stay a hero to them.

Eren Lelouching it would be too predictable and completely out of sync with the way the last few chapters went. There's that conversation Eren had with Pixis where they both discuss that having a great common enemy wasn't enough to unite people. Dudes got something up his sleeve.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So if he's not lelouching it because he said that plan was too optimistic

and he's not just committing omnicide and getting away with it because that would be a shitty ending

Then wtf is he doing?

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The folks who created Pieck's cannon will create 3D gear for titans so that everyone can use it to defeat Eren, it's gonna be wonderful

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
Anime onlies will be so shocked next year when Eren becomes one of the greatest manga/anime characters ever.
Yuki Kaji is going to knock it out of the park.

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldnt be surprised if next chapter starts with like a mirror image of the last panel from this chapter, except with Annie finally opening her eyes

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, Annie is definitely appearing now, she has to save her dad.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe he's going for a third, unknown option! This chapter was good and fucked up. Loved every panel and can't wait for next month. SnK has been on a damn roll these past 10 chapters.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
From the very beginning we already know a Lelouch situation does not work. Humanity is living inside the walls, all under the constant existential threat of the titans and it did not lead to a united humanity. There was still tons of inner conflict, the asians were nearly wiped out and class warfare was there from the start, eventually leading to a coup. Even under threat from Marley you had factions forming with Pro Eren and No Eren, we'll always find a reason to fight each other.

Right now with the info I have I see Eren as completely broken, the visit to Marley shattered his faith that there could be another way to fix things and now he's fully trapped within his knowledge of the future and what he thinks is inevitable. If killing everyone is the only thing he can do then well....he's not gonna run from it but go full steam ahead cause that's who Eren is, he's still that hot blooded kid underneath it all.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
From the very beginning we already know a Lelouch situation does not work. Humanity is living inside the walls, all under the constant existential threat of the titans and it did not lead to a united humanity. There was still tons of inner conflict, the asians were nearly wiped out and class warfare was there from the start, eventually leading to a coup. Even under threat from Marley you had factions forming with Pro Eren and No Eren, we'll always find a reason to fight each other.

Right now with the info I have I see Eren as completely broken, the visit to Marley shattered his faith that there could be another way to fix things and now he's fully trapped within his knowledge of the future and what he thinks is inevitable. If killing everyone is the only thing he can do then well....he's not gonna run from it but go full steam ahead cause that's who Eren is, he's still that hot blooded kid underneath it all.
i still think it could work

it doesnt have to unite everyone, but if Eren is destroying the world and the people of Paradis Island/Descendants of Ymir kill him, then maybe they wont be hated as much by everyone

idk

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
i still think it could work

it doesnt have to unite everyone, but if Eren is destroying the world and the people of Paradis Island kill him, then maybe they wont be hated as much by everyone

idk
That's the kind of wishful rosy thinking Eren was calling out. They could end up even more scared of Eldians as it only took one of them to almost end the world and there's no saying it couldn't happen again in the future. Eren becomes proof that the devil exists, might as well be "safe" and work even harder to wipe them out for good. Eren is cynical as fuck, he does not have that kind of faith in people. Armin does, his faith has been consistently blowing up in his face with Eren rubbing it in but who knows, he may end up somehow saving the world just yet.

Brickhunt

Feb 4, 2018
Brazil
The original proposed plan was solid. Use the titans as deterrent to stop invasions and allow the island to catch-up over the following decades. But it had been hijacked from start.

But I can still see the plan being salvaged, but the Rumbling needs to be stopped at the right point. Enough to scare the world but before it can cause massive casualties.

Since Eren broke all the walls, they still need some kind of deterrent to replace it.

Edit: to elaborate, the original plan was the one Zeke proposed while omitting the "Euthanasia" part from everyone else. Even if the goal was euthanasia, he was still counting on the mini-rumbling to allow Eldians to live up to old age, so there was some logistic merit on that part.

Last edited:

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
The mention of blood test in this chapter and that we know that the Founding Titan is capable of changing eldians biology has me thinking...