• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
So how do we feel about Eren pulling a Lelouch (Code Geass)?
On one hand it makes sense, but on the other its just doesn't seem like something Isayama would do.

I sure hope not. I'm sure it's unreasonable to expect Isayama to continue surprising his fans all the way to the end but I would really hate it if the ending was something so obvious. Well, note hate, but considering how every chapter for the last 20 has been surprises one after another, it would be a little deflating.

Brickhunt

Feb 4, 2018
Brazil
Honestly, I can't picture anyone else, but Reiner for the final boss fight against Eren. The guy is the absolute underdog of this story and I'll goddamn root for the underdog.

JCG

Oct 25, 2017
To tag the Code Geass spoilers
Lelouch took over Brittannia, united the entire world underneath his reign of terror, betrayed all his friends and his sister, and finally in a parade to honor him 'Zero' appeared and killed him. Cue reveal that Lelouch planned this with Suzaku - playing Zero - and C.C. sacrificing himself for ultimate peace with his sister as the final queen. Final scene of the show left the door open for Lelouch to have survived and withdrawn as a farmer with C.C. but an idiot writer denied that.

Two points about that description:

1. It's not a necessarily an "ultimate" peace. Just a period of peace upon ending all the current conflicts.

I mean, you could assume the peace was final, simply because the show concluded...but things the characters said suggested it wasn't perfect.

2. That last possibility was never actually denied so bluntly. People claim it was, but it really wasn't. Nobody directly asked him that question.

Also not really something worth arguing over today...in light of more recent developments. But I digress.

Aside from that...the comparison falls short because each setting (and each protagonist) is different. Which is why you can't just take one type of ending and apply it to another situation. Without getting into a ton of specific details, the world of Attack on Titan is a harsher and more depressing place. Honestly, even a conceptually similar ending, like that of Watchmen, might not fit this universe. That doesn't mean the ending will be ultra-nihilistic or something, but it'll probably be considerably darker than other anime or manga stories (which can be good or bad, depending on expectations).

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He got me. That fucking Isayama boomed me.

After Jean's characterization in this chapter it's likely Eren won't win (somehow) but it won't be a Lelouch. He was really trying to commit omnicide for the sake of Eldian freedom.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Annie can no longer harden her fists, so her sole weapon his her grapple/takedowns, and i don't know how handy what will be against Eren's new form

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
But it has to disappear with Ymir 'quitting'.
Who was building Ymir's titan when Ymir was still alive as the Progenitor titan 2,000 years ago? All I'm trying to say is that the titans can possibly still exist even after Ymir has left the paths realm.
I think hardening breaking down only applied to that specific moment in which the walls crumbled. I don't think Reiner or Annie are permanently unable to use hardening.
I think Reiner implied he could sense that power was gone from him and it's why his stamina was basically shattered. Otherwise Annie could just hide forever again, as she's prone to do.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
What exactly can Annie do here? With Armin's reaction, you'd think her waking up was really important, but I don't see how she can change much.

Also was Eren only targeting non natives of Paradis with the titans during the attack this chapter, or was he attacking indiscriminately? I couldn't tell.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
What exactly can Annie do here? With Armin's reaction, you'd think her waking up was really important, but I don't see how she can change much.

Also was Eren only targeting non natives of Paradis with the titans during the attack this chapter, or was he attacking indiscriminately? I couldn't tell.
Eren isn't controlling them.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
That sure was something.

If Floch is telling the truth, then Eren is 110% in complete villain mode. I get why he's doing what he's doing, but it's crazy how reckless he's being.

Also what was up with the bit with Jean near the end? He seemed confused after what Floch told him then exchanged eyes with the black guy.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Never been so happy to see Levi! We get Annie and Levi back within the span of two chapters.

Great chapter.
That sure was something.

Also what was up with the bit with Jean near the end? He seemed confused after what Floch told him then exchanged eyes with the black guy.
Maybe it was a moment of self reflection? Floch reminding him that he used to be a dick who didn't care about others.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to see this shit animate and for
Giorno Giovanna to give that speech...fuck Floch though. I kind of just want Yelena to literally fucking step on him. Bae Hange and Best Boi Levi are alive...hopefully they stay the fuck away from the plot, there's nothing but death the closer you get to the plot.

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
I wasn't expecting all this development after the rumbling, I was expecting something more inmediately bombastic.​

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Goodness another great chapter. How in the hell is this ending this year, it feels like there's another year worth of manga left.
Poor Armin, that part is going to be gut wrenching when its animated.