• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
He didnt really pivot to anything. Dont know if it's a testament to Isayama's writing ability or if people are just that fucked up lol. I mean he drew Eren in the most evil way as possible.

It's a bigger hurdle to portray a protagonist as even evil later on because fans will use flimsy justifications to excuse characters like Eren.

Hence so many people thinking Walter was in the right way more than he actually was.

I mean you should've seen Reddit or other forums jumping to support Eren especially when Jean seemed to almost come around on what Eren was trying to do.
I'm not discounting the important stuff thats happened, i just want to get back to Eren. These slower, text heavy chapters are painful when you're reading a monthly series realtime, especially after how 123 ended.

I also completely forgot what happened to

Levi. Is he still hurt from his encounter with Zeke?

You're right, I had a moment of weakness. Isayama will deliver.

What else is there to do with Eren that won't just lead to the immediate end? I'd rather Isayama take the slow pace. It's not like e has a externally imposed time limit.

Erigu

Nov 4, 2017
I didn't expect the characters to actually talk about their world's sun setting in the East.

Oct 25, 2017
It's a bigger hurdle to portray a protagonist as even evil later on because fans will use flimsy justifications to excuse characters like Eren.

Hence so many people thinking Walter was in the right way more than he actually was.

I mean you should've seen Reddit or other forums jumping to support Eren especially when Jean seemed to almost come around on what Eren was trying to do.

What else is there to do with Eren that won't just lead to the immediate end? I'd rather Isayama take the slow pace. It's not like e has a externally imposed time limit.
Anybody that couldn't see that Walt was turning into a villain way back in season 2 was watching the wrong show or watching it just flat out wrong. The only thing was that Walter was just always up against a more villainous character, once that stopped happening it was very easy to see what Walt became.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
I also completely forgot what happened to
Levi. Is he still hurt from his encounter with Zeke?
Yes. Hange spoke as the audience, tbh. She wasnt exaggerating, the man should absolutely be dead. If he wasnt a fan favorite, he most likely would be because i have no idea what other purpose he could possibly serve in this condition

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've been wanting to see Levi in a titan form for years! Beast Levi would be sweet, wonder what monkey species they'd make him look like. Been dying to see what literally any other Beast Titan has looked like besides Zeke.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Isayama would make him look like a capuchin lol
Something scrawny and long-armed like that would be perfect. I figure the only requirement for the beast titan's design would be fur + long arms as it is known for its signature whip-throw move. Beyond that it could probably look like any range of ape-like creatures, including the bigfoot looking mofo that Zeke is.

Oct 25, 2017
Isayama would make him look like a capuchin lol
capuchin-monkey-1.jpg

This would be great lol.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Possibly. Would suck if more of the cast just started consuming titan shifters though since the 13 years is a thing. Unless that curse is broken somehow
It's still potentially worth it in terms of reversing mortal injuries or disabilities. Levi would get an instant heal + his fingers and eye(?) back in exchange for a cap on his lifespan. I don't think Levi would turn it down at this point anyways if he knew it could get him back into action in his human form.

This is all hinging on Ackerman susceptibility to being titanized of course, which we're still somewhat in the dark about. However I am way more willing to believe they can turn into titans now that we saw Mikasa getting Eren's paths message alongside all the other Eldians.

Brickhunt

Feb 4, 2018
Brazil
The Jaw titan would be the perfect match to Levi, but it being with Falco and we being at the endgame. I think Levi's fighting career is over. Just retire. Zeke will soon bite the dust anyway. He might as well say "At least I made sure that he suffered plenty".

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's just weird that Isayama kept him alive if he's got no other role to play, but it's definitely still possible he's down for the rest of the series.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
The Jaw titan would be the perfect match to Levi, but it being with Falco and we being at the endgame. I think Levi's fighting career is over. Just retire. Zeke will soon bite the dust anyway. He might as well say "At least I made sure that he suffered plenty".

Yeah but Levi promised Erwin that he'd take Zeke out so I feel that Levi has to do it personally and what better way than to eat him.

Plus it comes with the irony that Zeke is forever part of Levi.

If Levi is done then there's no reason to bring him back right now.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Tbh I would be fine with Levi retiring. I'm that desperate for him and Hange to make it to the end.

Oct 25, 2017

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rereading the chapter, I wonder if Annie's father and that group even put up a fight against the guards or was he just gunned down.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
For years I figured Annie may be unconscious. This means she could have un-hardened at any point? Wonder what she was waiting for.

Oct 27, 2017
I'd imagine being completely conscious and spending four years unable to move, see anything or even scratch your butt would probably drive you to insanity.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
She says it was more like a dream. She wasn't completely conscious.
Right, but you have to imagine she was cognizant enough if she understands what's happened in the world around her based on conversations outside of the crystal.

Most likely cognizant enough to wake up if she chose to. Otherwise it's basically a possible death sentence to seal yourself away if there's no guarantee you could ever wake up.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Right, but you have to imagine she was cognizant enough if she understands what's happened in the world around her based on conversations outside of the crystal.

Most likely cognizant enough to wake up if she chose to. Otherwise it's basically a possible death sentence to seal yourself away if there's no guarantee you could ever wake up.
If she was aware enough to understand, she probably couldn't escape at all and her only chance was to wait for Marley to save her.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If she was aware enough to understand, she probably couldn't escape at all and her only chance was to wait for Marley to save her.
Warhammer had a similar technique and I can't imagine she got stuck every time she encased herself.
There's kind of no way out beyond releasing hardening or having the Jaw titan smush you.

cLOUDo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'd been in team #FlochWasRight back then but now?
He sounds like a white supremacist, fuck that guy.

In November i bet that the manga will ended in March at least but now seems there is to much plot on the air

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
Heh, I don't think there's any doubt that there's something else going on with Eren's plan.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Heh, I don't think there's any doubt that there's something else going on with Eren's plan.
Maybe he'll make all the colossals form a wall around Marley. The old switcharoo! Just kidding. But you're probably right.

Thing is he's already killed a ton of people just getting to this point, so it better be fucking worth it if he's gone in this hard.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
I just find armin being so inactive kind of strange, like these past few chapters, you would think that he wouldn't have been a Colossal titan at all. He's the strategist yet can't really co-ordinate himself to do maximum damage against the enemy before the current events even happened. Guess Eren forsaw that would happen.

I'm still wondering about Historia as well absent for so long.

Reiner likes to think he's all tired and exhausted but really when the time comes, he's got the greatest survival instincts of any character that will kick in at the right moment.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Warhammer had a similar technique and I can't imagine she got stuck every time she encased herself.
There's kind of no way out beyond releasing hardening or having the Jaw titan smush you.
The Warhammer Titan could potentially form weapons strong enough to release itself.

I'm still wondering about Historia as well absent for so long.
The longer someone stays absent, the more important their reveals are to the overal plot.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Warhammer Titan could potentially form weapons strong enough to release itself.
Potentially. We've also seen Eren harden and simply slip out of his nape. He was never trapped even while testing the power out as a straight up amateur, and the people on Paradis certainly had no other way to free him. It's probably something you can just undo.

Granted the crystalline hardening is probably tougher stuff as we've seen the hardened walls around Paradis break a few times, but it likely stems from the same power.

Last edited:

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I just find armin being so inactive kind of strange, like these past few chapters, you would think that he wouldn't have been a Colossal titan at all. He's the strategist yet can't really co-ordinate himself to do maximum damage against the enemy before the current events even happened. Guess Eren forsaw that would happen.

Well, he did say they revived the wrong person ;D