1. Netherscourge

Netherscourge

Schumer already getting a head start on the 4D chess.

Well played.

2. Ponn

Ponn

Trump has shown our governments ass for the world and people to see. No one will respect our government and institutions ever again. Nor should they.

3. Mahonay

Mahonay

[​IMG]

4. antonz

antonz

The Department of Justice does which is led by Whitaker. Really our hope lies on the fact that Mueller is hopefully far enough along to start dropping Big hits.

5. mercenar1e

mercenar1e

That's wishful thinking. As long as the Republicans have the Senate they can do whatever they want without repercussions. Rosenstein no longer overseeing the investigation so Mueller is completely stalled and if the Democrats bring him in front of a camera hes not going to give up any evidence that can potentially be used in a trial... so i don't think anythings coming from this that would hurt Trump politically

6. flkRaven

flkRaven

Hardball time. Indict Donnie Jr.

7. Brock Reiher

Brock Reiher

Why do you think sessions had to be fired

8. MilkBeard

MilkBeard

I know right?

9. Protein

Protein

Dead.

10. Kernel

Kernel

https://www.emptywheel.net/2018/11/...ueller-from-unsealing-any-sealed-indictments/

There's your deadman's switch.

11. SweetNicole

SweetNicole
    Community Manager Administrator

12. Right now, Mueller has access to DOJ files because he is working for the DOJ. He only has what Rosenstein has authorized him to have. If he is removed from his current position or if the new AG limits or changes his privileges, then he no longer has the rights to that information. If he keeps things that he is no longer authorized to have then he will be breaking the laws that protect confidential documents.

Mueller would have to make the call to risk that.

13. UberTag

UberTag

Trump has never been held to account for anything in his miserable life.
    Why would he expect this to be any different?

14. BMW

BMW

Lmao, that's not how it works. Investigations are funded by an official source and have to be properly documented.

15. Netherscourge

Netherscourge

Doesn't matter.

Putting this out there identifies the problem and conflict of interest on Day 1, and is another line item on the Obstruction of Justice sheet if they ignore or refuse this request.

16. Perturabo

Perturabo

"Lol no"

That's what I'm expecting.

17. mercenar1e

mercenar1e

to get rid of Mueller and to sweep the investigation under the rug.

18. dots

dots

Stop posting stuff from Cornyn and Graham like they mean anything. Those guys bailed long ago.

19. Surfinn

Surfinn

Interesting. This directly contradicts what CNN is currently reporting (on CNN TV currently). Lots of confusing takes right now, we may need to wait for dust to settle.

20. MilkBeard

MilkBeard

Man these jokes on Sessions are hilarious.

21. Brock Reiher

Brock Reiher

Why did they have to fire sessions to get rid of Mueller?

• User warned: Hostility to posters
    The thousands of I'm sure equally enlightening posts you graced this forum with are certainly a distinction. A dead man's switch is a kind of back-up plan, but the term is not a euphemism for it. Calling you a bit light in the head, now that's a euphemism.

22. Mueller doesn't own a shirt.

23. CrocodileGrin

CrocodileGrin

It all comes tumbling, tumbling down.

24. Poltergust

Poltergust

All that needs to happen is to have Mueller's investigative team survive for two more months before the House Dems officially back him up, right? Can Mueller hold out for that long?

25. antonz

antonz

can they be anymore transparent in their intentions

26. Anoregon

Anoregon

Is it cognitive dissonance if I am incredibly anxious/nervous about the Muller investigation being killed/impaired, yet at the same time don't expect his findings to actually matter much due to successful impeachment being so unlikely with the republicans in congress?

27. Hollywood Duo

Hollywood Duo

I guess that depends on the information he has. If its as bad as we suspect then I have no doubt he would take every realistic risk.

28. hechicero

hechicero

Mueller has to show what he has pretty soon,show real evidence.

29. Sky Chief

Sky Chief

Please, start raining down the indictments Mueller!!

30. Taki

Taki

31. excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

32. ZattMurdock

ZattMurdock

33. Alec

Alec

If this happened, it would be the funniest shit.

34. Taki

Taki

I can't imagine what ResetEra would be like right now had Democrats not won the House last night.

35. LiK

LiK

SAVAGE

36. Everyone has a plan until Pelosi punches you in the face with subpeonas

37. Netherscourge

Netherscourge

Trump can't fire anyone that doesn't directly work for him. A special counsel is an independently appointed federal investigator.

He can only fire people that work directly under his own authority, like the AG, deputy AG, FBI director, etc... etc...

THEY are the ones that would have the authority to fire or reassign the probe to another investigator.

38. MilkBeard

MilkBeard

I think if his findings were inconsequential, Trump & co. wouldn't be making chess moves to neuter his capabilities.

39. viskod

viskod

Would need Whitakers approval.

40. Jzeero

Jzeero

Fuck sessions

41. D i Z

D i Z

Mueller is the new Flash Gordon, confirmed.

42. cameron

cameron

Betsy Woodruff @woodruffbets

I asked a DOJ spokesperson if Acting AG Matt Whitaker would take over supervision of the Mueller probe. Her reply: "The Acting Attorney General is in charge of all matters under the purview of the Department of Justice."

43. Fisty

Fisty

It was DoJ guidelines that required Sessions to recuse himself, it wasnt a personal choice. DoJ likely has guidelines that would require Whitaker to recuse as well, based on his public writings when he had no ties to the investigation. Also, I think Rosenstein will stay in charge until Senate confirms a replacement for Sessions, I dont think Acting AG would walk in and take over investigations already in progress that he has never been a part of when there is already someone in charge of it.

44. Yup, you just starve it out. That way there is no flashpoint for people to rally and protest.

45. Brock Reiher

Brock Reiher

It's because sessions recused himself

46. Breaking News: Trump violates norms.

47. BBboy20

BBboy20

48. jkm23

jkm23

Day drinking posts.

49. So can Whitaker fire Mueller?