• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting. This directly contradicts what CNN is currently reporting (on CNN TV currently). Lots of confusing takes right now, we may need to wait for dust to settle.

That's because no one knows what they are talking about right now and are flinging quick takes around. Now, I'm too busy to look into it, and I'm not sure if it is publicly available. But, you'd have to look into DOJ regulations/manual to see the authority afforded an Acting Attorney General and the oversight related to a Special Counsel investigation.

Of course, since this is likely all just internal DOJ practices, there is nothing stopping them (or rather Trump) from changing them and making the Acting AG have full powers to oversee a Special Counsel investigation.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
drbxtjjvyaefhx468czw.jpg

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1060271493639274503

Traitors, not just of the USA, but Democracy and Justice as well.

Taki

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ideally, I hope Whittaker ends up recusing himself just to save his own legal skin from the whole affair.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
CNN didn't contradict that, but brought up a previous interview they had with him, where he spoke to Don Lemon on how to stop the investigation by slowing it down, and starving it from resources.

They just also brought up the information in that tweet as well.

Not sure what part they were talking about since they've been covering this was contradicting though, so now I'm curious what you heard from it.
Their current headline on TV is "Acting AG Matthew Whitaker expected to oversee Russia Investigation". They haven't mentioned anything about him needing to be confirmed first, at least not from what I could see.

There's also this

Betsy Woodruff @woodruffbets

I asked a DOJ spokesperson if Acting AG Matt Whitaker would take over supervision of the Mueller probe. Her reply: "The Acting Attorney General is in charge of all matters under the purview of the Department of Justice."

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
The Wire has nothing on this shit. I need Mueller to start doing what he has. The integrity of our government(whats left of it) depends on it.

Oct 27, 2017
I can see some morons later in a dirt floor dive bar cracking beers cheering on their orange wanna-be dictator. It's scary, sad, and depressing to watch this shit go down.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Their current headline on TV is "Acting AG Matthew Whitaker expected to oversee Russia Investigation". They haven't mentioned anything about him needing to be confirmed first, at least not from what I could see.
Ah, that makes sense then.

I thought you were talking about the other parts of the headline that was confusing.

But yeah, it's a bit murky right now since it just happened, so I doubt anybody has confirmed news yet that is 100% verified.

Let the chaos of yesterday continue! :P

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Christ, I'm sick of this fucking country. Corruption beyond belief and his brainless supporters think he's a hero. I wish the rest of the world would just economically sanction us until our economy completely collapses in on itself like a black hole.

Rampage

Oct 27, 2017
Metro Detriot
Silly question, but not out of the realm for Trump- did he tell Whittaker he was installing him now?

The legal jeopardy this guy could be in for helping with obstruction might be enough for him recuse himself, despite his beliefs. Sessions did surprise everyone after all when he recused.

Taki

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rosenstein is no longer Mueller's boss. The new Trump stooge is.

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The day after the election. The time of absolute minimum electoral accountability and maximum distance from any election. It couldn't be clearer that Trump didn't want the American people to have any democratic say in what he wants to do.