• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

guitarguy316

Nov 3, 2017
Anyone have the Klipsch Reference Premiere series? What about the Infinity Reference series that was just on sale? Looking to upgrade from my 5.1.2 Infinity Primus setup.

Karish

Oct 25, 2017
Thinking of replacing my Vizio 5.1 soundbar setup with a Sonos Beam. The new room the setup will be quite small. It's a loft that is really the size of a small office or something like that. The wife would prefer I not get stands for the rear speakers which is what I would have to do if I keep the Vizio.

Will this be a downgrade? I assume the Beam has better audio than the vizio bar itself, but I am worrried about the loss of sub and rear speakers. Some reviews saw the Beam has surprisingly good spacial audio though.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god, the difference between the AKG K712 Pro and the Astro A50s I've been using for the past like 4 years or so is crazy.

NO!R

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yo!

First time posting ITT, and about time since I've owned a pair HD650's forever, and I'm pretty sure I've been under using them.

But first onto more pressing matters:

The driver foam covers are literally disintegrating onto my drivers. I'm freaking out. What do I use? Compressed air to get the fluffs out?

I just read over on head-fi that some guys were putting pantyhose cutouts instead of the foam. I need to see some receipts on this.

-------------------

Now, onto driving these puppies proper.

I've never owned a DAC or AMP except my big Sony receiver which is what I had them plugged into. Now I have a big PC and I'm doing most of my media listening from there, but I'm not sure if the on board sound chip on my motherboard is enough to drive them... I need to once and for all treat these cans how they're meant to be treated.

What's the proper way to set them up to get that rich and detailed sound resolution they're known for?

So, um... anyone?

Brucey

Jan 2, 2018
I'd like to have my 3ds play audio through my new system. Before I used a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable to do the trick. Now I have a denon x3400h, do I need a new cable? I can't see where I would plug in a 3.5mm.

Edit : thanks GearDraxon appreciate the help! :)

Last edited:

GearDraxon

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to have my 3ds play audio through my new system. Before I used a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable to do the trick. Now I have a denon x3400h, do I need a new cable? I can't see where I would plug in a 3.5mm.
Yup, you'd need a 3.5mm to 2xRCA cable, like this.

Anyone have the Klipsch Reference Premiere series? What about the Infinity Reference series that was just on sale? Looking to upgrade from my 5.1.2 Infinity Primus setup.
Generally speaking, the Infinity Reference will likely be similar to what you have now, just "more of it." Klipsch will tend to have more dynamics, which can be great for home theatre / gaming use, but also has a fairly unique overall sound. If possible, I'd go listen to a pair of Klipsches in person. Even if they're not the exact model you're considering, it will at least give you some insight as to what the brand sounds like.

Last edited:

abrasivemurk

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
How is the headphone jack of Asus VE278H or similar monitors? Is it loud enough, is there white static noise? I have PS4 slim so was wondering.

guitarguy316

Nov 3, 2017
Hey guys, this is my current setup that has been good, but I would like to venture into the next step in terms of speakers. Over the past few years I've upgraded TV, AVR, 4K Bluray player, Subwoofer, and now the speakers are last. Here's the current setup:
AVR - Denon x3300 (keeping) Subwoofer - SVS PB2000 (keeping) Front/Surrounds - (4) Infinity Primus P363 towers Center - Infinity Primus PC351 Height - (2) SVS Prime Elevation (keeping)

Uses are 90% TV & Movies, though I may listen to more music in time. I want them to sound decent at quieter levels (have kids sleeping at night) but also reference level (I know it could be hard to have both). My room is approximately 19'x15' with 2 story ceiling, with an open floor plan to the kitchen. Ideally I'd get a matching set, or but might also consider upgrading just Left/Right fronts and Center Channel and keep a pair of Primus for rears for now. I've seen the following suggested to me:
  • Klipsch Reference Premiere (new 2018 models) 6000F and 404C...I have an official dealer that offered me this setup for $999 (35% off).
  • Infinity Reference - When they run the sale I always hear they'r great for the money but are they worth an upgrade from primus?
  • ELAC Debut 2.0 - Seem to be a consensus solid pick but again probably not enough of a step up.
  • Paradigm monitor SE or do I need to go up to premier?

I don't really have a budget per se, but I've looked at the prices of the ones above and I could swing those when on sales, etc. Since I don't follow speakers as closely as I do TVs, I'm just looking where to start and for some suggestions. I know there's preferences in terms of bright, neutral, etc, but I think for lots of TV/Movie viewing I would prefer more clear/bright (but not ear piercing) vs. a neutral/warm.

Anyways I'm a slick dealer but willing to spend money when it makes sense. Ideally I could return free in store or online if I didn't like.

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys, this is my current setup that has been good, but I would like to venture into the next step in terms of speakers. Over the past few years I've upgraded TV, AVR, 4K Bluray player, Subwoofer, and now the speakers are last. Here's the current setup:
AVR - Denon x3300 (keeping) Subwoofer - SVS PB2000 (keeping) Front/Surrounds - (4) Infinity Primus P363 towers Center - Infinity Primus PC351 Height - (2) SVS Prime Elevation (keeping)

Uses are 90% TV & Movies, though I may listen to more music in time. I want them to sound decent at quieter levels (have kids sleeping at night) but also reference level (I know it could be hard to have both). My room is approximately 19'x15' with 2 story ceiling, with an open floor plan to the kitchen. Ideally I'd get a matching set, or but might also consider upgrading just Left/Right fronts and Center Channel and keep a pair of Primus for rears for now. I've seen the following suggested to me:
  • Klipsch Reference Premiere (new 2018 models) 6000F and 404C...I have an official dealer that offered me this setup for $999 (35% off).
  • Infinity Reference - When they run the sale I always hear they'r great for the money but are they worth an upgrade from primus?
  • ELAC Debut 2.0 - Seem to be a consensus solid pick but again probably not enough of a step up.

I don't really have a budget per se, but I've looked at the prices of the ones above and I could swing those when on sales, etc. Since I don't follow speakers as closely as I do TVs, I'm just looking where to start and for some suggestions. I know there's preferences in terms of bright, neutral, etc, but I think for lots of TV/Movie viewing I would prefer more clear/bright (but not ear piercing) vs. a neutral/warm.

Anyways I'm a slick dealer but willing to spend money when it makes sense. Ideally I could return free in store or online if I didn't like.

Have you considered a matching SVS system to go with your subs and height speakers?

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i don't think it's critical to match those components vs. the front L/R/C, but i don't think the prime series are well reviewed/regarded compared to similar options?

I believe they are very well regarded for film and TV, but considered fairly neutral/analytical for music.

You may be right concerning matching voicing with Atmos speakers - I'm running a vanilla 5.1 setup myself, so I haven't had any experience there.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017

That Klipsch deal is pretty killer, not gonna lie. It's gonna give you a brighter sound than your Infinity Primus'. I'd recommend go to a store and listen to the Klipschs. People either love that bright sound or don't. ELAC Debut, from what I understand, are warm and are affordable. Infinity Reference are supposed to sound good, as well. I'd imagine better than the Primus line, but I couldn't tell you exactly how. I can't speak on the Paradigm speakers.

i don't think it's critical to match those components vs. the front L/R/C, but i don't think the prime series are well reviewed/regarded compared to similar options?
You're right, it's not. I think kvetcha was just throwing it out as another option.

You may be right concerning matching voicing with Atmos speakers.
Matching Atmos speakers with the ear-level is nice, but it is absolutely not necessary. Some would argue you should timbre-match everything, but I'm in the other camp that feel that's really not the case. It's vital to timbre-match the front three, but the way the surrounds and Atmos speakers work they hardly get as much action and should diffuse nicely into any configuration.

I've timbre-matched all 7 of my ear level speakers and my 4 Atmos spekers are of a different manufacturer. I certainly don't feel like my overhead sounds jump out as being any different than ear level. I'm just one use case, of course, but I'm not alone in having this opinion.

So, are my posts invisible in this thread or...?
Since I'm editing this into my original post, I'm tagging you BiGBoSSMk23, as well.

I'm assuming you're talking about the foam inside the earpiece on your headphones and not the cushioning. The foam covers on your headphones serve the same purpose as any other foam cover or speaker grille: to protect the drivers without altering the sound waves in any way (there's a term for this and I'm blanking on it).

Pantyhose may do the trick, I don't know. If that is the route you take, though, make sure you get the lowest denier possible; that's the only way I could think the material wouldn't interfere with the acoustics. For the price of a pair of pantyhose or stockings, this seems like a pretty good solution to try, at the very least. If it doesn't work, then you're out 5 or 10 bucks and you can share your new knowledge with us! 😜

Last edited:

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You're right, it's not. I think kvetcha was just throwing it out as another option.

Matching Atmos speakers with the ear-level is nice, but it is absolutely not necessary. Some would argue you should timbre-match everything, but I'm in the other camp that feel that's really not the case. It's vital to timbre-match the front three, but the way the surrounds and Atmos speakers work they hardly get as much action and should diffuse nicely into any configuration.

I've timbre-matched all 7 of my ear level speakers and my 4 Atmos spekers are of a different manufacturer. I certainly don't feel like my overhead sounds jump out as being any different than ear level. I'm just one use case, of course, but I'm not alone in having this opinion.

Good to know! I'll probably upgrade to Atmos in a couple years when I replace my current 1080p chain with a 4K/HDR setup. And my L/R/C are Klipsch Heritage pieces from the 90s, so it's unlikely I'd be able to timbre match them anyway. :)

guitarguy316

Nov 3, 2017
I know SVS is well regarded for subs, just not sure they are for other speakers. I don't need a sub in my tower, so browsing their site id probably go prime tower and ultra center (to get 3 way speaker).

I'm sure they're due a sale in the next month or two on outlet stuff. Anyone know how much the outlet stuff usually gets discounted?

I really want to hear the 2018 reference premiere line from Klipsch. I know their cheap list isn't good but the RP is decent and a huge soundstage and crisp for HT and movie use?

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know SVS is well regarded for subs, just not sure they are for other speakers. I don't need a sub in my tower, so browsing their site id probably go prime tower and ultra center (to get 3 way speaker).

I'm sure they're due a sale in the next month or two on outlet stuff. Anyone know how much the outlet stuff usually gets discounted?

I really want to hear the 2018 reference premiere line from Klipsch. I know their cheap list isn't good but the RP is decent and a huge soundstage and crisp for HT and movie use?

As far as I can tell, SVSs Ultra series is very well regarded. But yes, they are primarily known for their subs.

I picked up my b-stock PC-12 Plus a few years back for like $800, and I think the MSRP was $1200 at the time, so the outlet's a good deal.

The Klipsch Reference series is great for movies and TV, very dynamic and punchy with high efficiency. They're solid for music. I ran an RF-3 II/RC-3 II/RS-3 II setup for years and was very happy with it; I'm still using the RS-3 II surrounds.

Last edited:

DekuBleep

Oct 25, 2017
I want to get the new Sonos Amp for $699 with a Sonos sound bar.

Which is the good Sonos sound bar to buy? Playbar or Beam or Playbase?

I am having a hard time seeing the differences. Thanks!

guitarguy316

Nov 3, 2017
As far as I can tell, SVSs Ultra series is very well regarded. But yes, they are primarily known for their subs.

I picked up my b-stock PC-12 Plus a few years back for like $800, and I think the MSRP was $1200 at the time, so the outlet's a good deal.

The Klipsch Reference series is great for movies and TV, very dynamic and punchy with high efficiency. They're solid for music. I ran an RF-3 II/RC-3 II/RS-3 II setup for years and was very happy with it; I'm still using the RS-3 II surrounds.

Gotcha. Yeah the ultra series starts to get a little pricey for me and the towers are really deep. I don't know that I need to for extra sub (even though who can complain about more movie bass) when I already have a PB2000.

And I'm talking reference premiere which is a step above plain reference. I also run a denon AVR which are considered warm.

I can get a good deal for 35% off but no returns so nervous to take the plunge on Klipsch RP without a return possibility.

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gotcha. Yeah the ultra series starts to get a little pricey for me and the towers are really deep. I don't know that I need to for extra sub (even though who can complain about more movie bass) when I already have a PB2000.

And I'm talking reference premiere which is a step above plain reference. I also run a denon AVR which are considered warm.

I can get a good deal for 35% off but no returns so nervous to take the plunge on Klipsch RP without a return possibility.

They've shifted the product lines over time. Back when I was buying, the lower-end line was called Synergy, and was what Best Buy primarily sold. Reference was higher-tier home theater product, and Heritage was their halo line for stereo listening.

It seems now that 'regular' Reference occupies the space Synergy once did, and Reference Premiere is equivalent to the old Reference. The RF-3 IIs were $1000/pr in 2003.

GearDraxon

Oct 25, 2017
They've shifted the product lines over time. Back when I was buying, the lower-end line was called Synergy, and was what Best Buy primarily sold. Reference was higher-tier home theater product, and Heritage was their halo line for stereo listening.

It seems now that 'regular' Reference occupies the space Synergy once did, and Reference Premiere is equivalent to the old Reference. The RF-3 IIs were $1000/pr in 2003.
Ugh. Way to make things confusing, Klipsch! Like, I get it if you want to rename your product line, but don't name it what you've called the step-up for years.

guitarguy316

Nov 3, 2017

Gotcha. Yeah so i was looking at the latest reference premiere line which I guess is one level up from the entry level reference (R) stuff from Best Buy.

OmegaMori

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
First I want to say I have no idea about audio and want makes things sound good.. I recently picked up the PS Platinum headset and the 3D audio for monster Hunter World blew me away... Now the guestion is if I use that headset for my Xbox one or my Laptop will I get the same quality ? (I use the cord not wirless for them two) if not what is the best audio headset for PC and Xbox One ? Price is not a huge concern for me but dont what to spend like 500$ on a head set unless its worth it and you guys think thats the way to go for the best possible sound

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
I currently have a Sound Blaster Z internal sound card:

713PL%2BuGegL._SX466_.jpg

It is a huge upgrade over the audio on my motherboard but it has been bothering me and I want to step it up. This card has annoyingly bright red LEDs which I desoldered. Also, it was originally squashed between my huge ass CPU cooler and GPU. The other options were to stick it right under my GPU blocking one of the fans or stick it in the secondary X16 slot (currently doing this). Basically, I just want the sound card out of my case! Plus, I see a lot of people say that anyone serious about audio would never use an internal card because of interference and stuff.

So, I'm looking at the Sound BlasterX G6:

fScGDPWjoYBcvb9FAs9vWi-480-80.jpg

It ticks all the boxes for me and I could even use it with my PS4 + Switch. (Would this sound about the same as the Z or maybe much better??) However, there is something I can't figure out. Is this purely a headphone sound card? I want to connect it to my speakers. The thing is that it comes with an optical cable. My speakers don't use optical they use a standard 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable. It looks like I could plug the sound card into my PC through the USB cable but I can't figure out of it if I can plug in my 3.5mm cable to the "Line/Optical Out" port.

TL;DR

Looking at the specifications on the Creative site it says that it has:

"1 x ⅛″ Line Out/mini TOSLINK Out Combo Jack "

Forgive me, but does this mean that it supports both analog + digital therefore I can just stick in my 3.5mm cable to send the audio to my speakers?? Or do I need speakers that support optical cables?

Thanks!

guitarguy316

Nov 3, 2017
So I tried the latest Klipsch RP line. Just wasn't in love with them. They sounded decent over my current speakers but for the price I just wasn't over the moon. I really picked up a lot of "sibilance" in dialogue which I guess is why they are considered bright or forward speakers due to the horn steucture.

Anyways, found a really good deal (at least I think so) on the latest Paradigm Premier line. Hopefully those are better as they won Audioholics product of the year for 2018.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Plus, I see a lot of people say that anyone serious about audio would never use an internal card because of interference and stuff.

Looking at the specifications on the Creative site it says that it has:

"1 x ⅛″ Line Out/mini TOSLINK Out Combo Jack "

Forgive me, but does this mean that it supports both analog + digital therefore I can just stick in my 3.5mm cable to send the audio to my speakers?? Or do I need speakers that support optical cables?
I don't agree with the italicized, but it's moot, since you are also trying to solve another problem.

As for that combo jack, you hit the nail on the head. You'll be able to use either analog or digital out on that port. It's kind of wild how they do that, nesting the optical port inside the analog one. I have a Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD and it does the same thing, but with an RCA jack.

So I tried the latest Klipsch RP line. Just wasn't in love with them. They sounded decent over my current speakers but for the price I just wasn't over the moon. I really picked up a lot of "sibilance" in dialogue which I guess is why they are considered bright or forward speakers due to the horn steucture.

Anyways, found a really good deal (at least I think so) on the latest Paradigm Premier line. Hopefully those are better as they won Audioholics product of the year for 2018.
I tell ya, that Infinity Primus line was fantastic for the sound they produce at the price they were sold at. It's why I've not upgraded, given how much it would cost to replace all 7 of my ear-level speakers. I'll be curious to hear your take on the Paradigm Premiers, though.

guitarguy316

Nov 3, 2017
I tell ya, that Infinity Primus line was fantastic for the sound they produce at the price they were sold at. It's why I've not upgraded, given how much it would cost to replace all 7 of my ear-level speakers. I'll be curious to hear your take on the Paradigm Premiers, though.

yeah i'll let you know. towers shipped but not center yet. i got a good deal around 30% off but still pricey. hoping going from infinity to those is like going from a mid level LED to an OLED :)

Noons End

Nov 5, 2017
Anybody have any recommendations for a good set of home theatre style headphones? Don't need to work for gaming chat, just for actual audio playback on TV, movies, games, etc. Currently using a Sony HT-Z9F soundbar on my X900f that I love the sound quality on, but since I'm in an apartment I can't really listen to it very loud come evening. Ones I've seen highly recommended are the Sennheiser RS 185 and Astro A50.

If anyone has any questions about the HT-Z9F I'd be happy to answer them, though my audio knowledge is sadly far below many of yours! :)

AllBusinessJr

Oct 27, 2017
Anybody have any recommendations for a good set of home theatre style headphones? Don't need to work for gaming chat, just for actual audio playback on TV, movies, games, etc. Currently using a Sony HT-Z9F soundbar on my X900f that I love the sound quality on, but since I'm in an apartment I can't really listen to it very loud come evening. Ones I've seen highly recommended are the Sennheiser RS 185 and Astro A50.

If anyone has any questions about the HT-Z9F I'd be happy to answer them, though my audio knowledge is sadly far below many of yours! :)

I'd be happy to chime in, but a budget is really necessary to make a recommendation.

AllBusinessJr

Oct 27, 2017
Looking at no more than $400 CDN (so $300ish USD). Sorry forgot to include that!

I'd avoid any gaming or surround sound headsets, and instead opt for something with excellent drivers. You can always buy gear that will simulate surround sound through stereo headphones, and the technology in this tech is very good (soundblaster g6, etc) Let quality headphone drivers do the work for you!

Do you have a headphone amp or DAC? What would be the source? Do you want wired or wireless?

AKG K712 Pro is always a good choice (same goes for the mass drop edition, K7XX at a significant discount). Huge sound stage. Nice balanced frequency response.

Beyerdynamic DT990. A little hot in the treble, but energetic and great for movies/gaming due to solid sound stage and bass response.

One of the mass drop Fostex TR-X00s. Ebony is seen as the most neutral frequency responses, but they all have solid sound stages and hit hard.

The plus for all of these headphones is that they're relatively easy to "drive," so a dedicated headphone amplifier is not required (but it wouldn't hurt). These headphones are all solid performers for what you want, but they're all wired. I'm less familiar with wireless options, but these represent great value for the corresponding sound quality.

Noons End

Nov 5, 2017
I'd avoid any gaming or surround sound headsets, and instead opt for something with excellent drivers. You can always buy gear that will simulate surround sound through stereo headphones, and the technology in this tech is very good (soundblaster g6, etc) Let quality headphone drivers do the work for you!

Do you have a headphone amp or DAC? What would be the source? Do you want wired or wireless?

AKG K712 Pro is always a good choice (same goes for the mass drop edition, K7XX at a significant discount). Huge sound stage. Nice balanced frequency response.

Beyerdynamic DT990. A little hot in the treble, but energetic and great for movies/gaming due to solid sound stage and bass response.

One of the mass drop Fostex TR-X00s. Ebony is seen as the most neutral frequency responses, but they all have solid sound stages and hit hard.

The plus for all of these headphones is that they're relatively easy to "drive," so a dedicated headphone amplifier is not required (but it wouldn't hurt). These headphones are all solid performers for what you want, but they're all wired. I'm less familiar with wireless options, but these represent great value for the corresponding sound quality.
That's a great starting point actually. I don't have any amps for headphones at the moment but I'll look into that too. Really appreciate the suggestions!

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
looking for recommendations on a budget headphone amp/dac for my ad700x. currently using them with on board sounds and its pretty bad. FiiO E10K good enough?

Deleted member 14649

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I always thought the same but then I bought some Audeze Mobius and they have really impressed me. For the money I haven't heard any better 'regular' headphones, with the bonus of wireless and the surround DSP built in.

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I always thought the same but then I bought some Audeze Mobius and they have really impressed me. For the money I haven't heard any better 'regular' headphones, with the bonus of wireless and the surround DSP built in.

I'd say the Mobius is a big exception because Audeze makes some of the best planar drivers on the market.

What-ok

Dec 13, 2017
PDX OR
Loving the Sonos sound bar and a pair of the smaller Sonos behind for surround. It's pricey but wonderful quality all around. Still need to add the sub.

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I'd say the Mobius is a big exception because Audeze makes some of the best planar drivers on the market.

Yeah, I'm not sure Mobius really counts. Audeze makes superb headphones with excellent drivers, and the Mobius are a killer value even at $400.

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Anyone have any thoughts on K712 Pros vs DT990 Premiums? Been using the 990s (32 ohms) since around 2011. The highs on the Beyers can definitely be a bit fatiguing, and I've heard great things about the K712's soundstage. Been thinking for a while if it would be worth making the jump, though I've read that the K712s are hungry for power and I don't know the first thing about amping. I use headphones mostly for gaming with optical out to my Astro Mixamp (which seems to have very limited amping capabilities) on PS4/Xbox One for Dolby Headphone/Atmos for Headphones, and casual listening directly connected to my MacBook Pro.

Side question - would my 990s benefit at all from another amp being connected to my Mixamp for additional power? Not interested in ear splitting volume or anything, but didn't know if it might enhance the sound quality or open them up a bit.

AllBusinessJr

Oct 27, 2017

I guess I don't give Mobius as much attention, as I'm a console gamer. Killer feature set (for PC gamers) with great sound quality, I'm told.

Horned Reaper

Nov 7, 2017
I'm always in the market for a nice pair of headphones to play games with. I have a HD600, which sounds great for melodious background music, but overally are just way too flat sounding to play games with. I now use the Sony Wh-1000 xm2, since I hate cables enough to accept the drop in pure quality. They still sound good enough, but I feel games are just not well designed for headphone use. With the Last of Us 2 theme you get this nice thumping bass, but when you go back into a game, most of the time the audio is just kind of lackluster, so it can't just be the headphones themselves.

So does anyone know of any good amplifiers for bluetooth headphones?

Deleted member 14649

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I guess I don't give Mobius as much attention, as I'm a console gamer. Killer feature set (for PC gamers) with great sound quality, I'm told.

I'm using them on console via the Xbox X controller AUX input, and although it is a stereo signal being processed, what the Mobius do with two audio channels is pretty remarkable. They really produce a detailed sound stage even with 2.0 input. Also bluetooth is more impressive than I expected. Again, BT is only stereo at the moment, but I watched 'Let the Corpses Tan' the other day and it sounded incredible. Such a dynamic set of headphones.

AllBusinessJr

Oct 27, 2017
I'm using them on console via the Xbox X controller AUX input, and although it is a stereo signal being processed, what the Mobius do with two audio channels is pretty remarkable. They really produce a detailed sound stage even with 2.0 input. Also bluetooth is more impressive than I expected. Again, BT is only stereo at the moment, but I watched 'Let the Corpses Tan' the other day and it sounded incredible. Such a dynamic set of headphones.

I've read nothing but good things. Hopefully the next round of consoles has more robust headphone audio features. Until then, I'm sticking with my wired Ether C Flows.

I'm always in the market for a nice pair of headphones to play games with. I have a HD600, which sounds great for melodious background music, but overally are just way too flat sounding to play games with. I now use the Sony Wh-1000 xm2, since I hate cables enough to accept the drop in pure quality. They still sound good enough, but I feel games are just not well designed for headphone use. With the Last of Us 2 theme you get this nice thumping bass, but when you go back into a game, most of the time the audio is just kind of lackluster, so it can't just be the headphones themselves.

So does anyone know of any good amplifiers for bluetooth headphones?

Wouldn't an amp defeat the purpose of going wireless. Bluetooth has come a long way, but It still involves compression on top of whatever compression is taking place on the audio in the game. Sound mix in-game often leaves a lot to be desired, too. Like Bluetooth audio, it has come a long way, but still has some ways to go.

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
RedlineRonin I remember you saying that Disney films had great 5.1 tracks and you weren't lying.

We watched Lilo and Stitch with the kids today and a ton of thought went into the sound design.