• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Aquamarine what are the already released games that will benefit the most from the Holidays in your opinion ?

At the exception of the usual suspect (MK8, GTAV, Zelda and Mario).

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
A metric fuckton. Just wait for PR...which is definitely coming out soon when sales are this good.

I'll be able to give you a clearer picture when we have Labo vehicle kit sales through October 5th. It depends on how its legs go from here.

In another thread Benji mentioned that based on week 2 sales of Spidey it's looking like it will take GoW's record for biggest Sony game launch month, is that what you're seeing as well?

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder what the best selling third party game for the Switch is this year?

2018 alone ?

Octopath sold 218k retail only for its NPD debut and more than 1m WW. So if we are only counting 2018 games, it must be it.

Now if we are taking into account 2017 games, Minecraft is a likely candidate. Sold ~300k at retail in Japan only from end of June to today.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
GOOD GOD SPIDEY

The absolute madness

Truth is you can see \tell Sony wanted this game to be big .
Sony start marketing there big games more this gen but man spidey market was crazy .
I said a while back that this had more marketing than even the movies lol .
Seems to be paying off big time for them .

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not surprised. It seems like the only person on my friends list not playing it is me.
d4cb5c07028838704c024e1i5h.gif

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Truth is you can see \tell Sony wanted this game to be big .
Sony start marketing there big games more this gen but man spidey market was crazy .
I said a while back that this had more marketing than even the movies lol .
Seems to be paying off big time for them .
Just take a look at their marketing campaign for Uncharted 4. It was just as huge. HUGE!

P-Switch

Alt Account
Jul 15, 2018
Maybe October 19th I'll share Spiderman's US physical sales...maybe. Digital sales release October 23rd but I'm not going to say anything about that, so you'll have to rely on someone else who "Knows things..."

I'll answer other questions later.

Awesome!

Can't wait to hear you compare and contrast Spider-Man sales with Labo Vehicle Set sales! :D

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My brother bought it yesterday just on word of mouth alone, he is a casual.

So safe to say Spidey will keep selling in its third week in too.

It's not slowing down any time soon. If anything momentum feels as strong as the day it released

Word of mouth among consumers is extraordinary

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
It's not slowing down any time soon. If anything momentum feels as strong as the day it released

ERA-"I don't think you understand what you've started, letting us know that Spider-Man sales nuked from orbit. It's dangerous"
Benji-"It surely is, and all of this forum knows it. EVERY forum know it."
*Avengers 1 reference that nobody will get

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Can't blame them. I handed my friend a controller just to swing around the city, he bought the game and a ps4 the day after. Insomaniac nailed the game especially how intuitive it is on casuals.

legend166

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just think about it for a second. Massive blockbuster success...also has a Pro bundle...hmmmm...

Logically, you would probably expect a huge increase, right?

Counterpoint: GTA IV launch. There's been plenty of huge game releases that haven't had massive impact on hardware sales. And we know the Pro is supply constrained.

No need to be condescending, it was a reasonable question. I don't have an agenda.