• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

slavesnyder

Oct 26, 2017
SlaveSnyder Media Corp.
Thanks for updating your formatting, guys! People tend to copy the last person's post seen and modify, so it's easy for the number of incorrectly formatted entries to grow quickly. Since the incorrectly formatted ones tend to get skipped when collecting the predictions, it's good to have the entries be correctly formatted for other's to copy, so everyone's entry gets picked up. (^_^)
don't listen to donny2112. he has no idea how this works anyway. leave your brackets open as you like. it's a free country and you shouldn't obey to some narrow-minded nitpicker.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
Limited edition went on sale during the month which would give it a small bump of 10k+.

talkTOmyHAND

Banned
Aug 25, 2018
Won't predict anything. Maybe PS4 will ended up 3rd in for August because of the waiting for Spidey bundles. If PS4 ends up 2nd, it's a success.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
First 24 hours sales for Spidey are enormous

God of Wars record NPD opening is in legit danger of being toppled

Huge hardware boost for PS4

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_mqmn24EKL51su4kero1_400.gif

chobel

Attempting to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
[NSW] 245K
[PS4] 175K
[XB1] 160K

Oct 25, 2017
Spider-Man hype is no where near God of War hype. So hard to believe it can top it.
Nowhere near the hype on Era? Yeah, but as was pointed out before release, the casual market is not to be underestimated. Spider-Man has an appeal that God of War simply does not have. This is on top of being one of the most well known IP around during Marvel's peak.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Spider-Man hype is no where near God of War hype. So hard to believe it can top it.
Looking at Twitter alone, I'd have to say the opposite
There were tweets for Spidey getting 60K+ likes at point, something I couldn't say for God of War, or even games like Smash or Zelda (not saying this game will outsell any of those, or trying to start fanboy wars)

GeeseHoward

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Spider Man's branding is far and beyond above god of war, why would it be surprising that a good spider man game marketed well on a console that sold, and is selling, very well would outsell a game that is mostly know only to a core gaming audience?

Ryng™

Nov 2, 2017
Italy
First 24 hours sales for Spidey are enormous

God of Wars record NPD opening is in legit danger of being toppled

Huge hardware boost for PS4

I think Spiderman will beat God of War first month sales. I expect over 2 million this September NPD.

I would like to predict 400K for PS4, but i feel like this can be too much... you think it will do that?

Oct 25, 2017
I may be wrong but that's what I was saying the hype isn't as crazy.
Right, I caught what you were getting at. It is noticeable. God of War threads were absolutely insane. Spider-Man didn't get the same amount of hype here. However, I'm sure it was the reverse for the market as a whole. The casual audience probably put in work.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When the 95 metacritic dropped people went insane across forums everywhere.

Oh I know full well the affect reviews directly had on GoW. I watched the preorders soaring in real time when they dropped.

That said the reviews Spidey got are still plenty strong.

Also dont underestimate the T rating having an impact on which demos can pick this up.

The record is not locked in. I've seen 1 day of data. But it's in the running for sure

Oct 25, 2017
Oh I know full well the affect reviews directly had on GoW. I watched the preorders soaring in real time when they dropped.

That said the reviews Spidey got are still plenty strong.

Also dont underestimate the T rating having an impact on which demos can pick this up.

The record is not locked in. I've seen 1 day of data. But it's in the running for sure
1 day of data for your area? Or WW?

Zelretch

Oct 25, 2017
Spider-man is the most popular marvel superhero, an amazing first movie and amazing presence in Infinity War put him in the spotlight again, even if the reviews are not 10/10 best game of the generation, just an "it makes you feel like spiderman" is enough to sell an impresive amounts of numbers. Yeah forum hype is not as high as with GoW but just for the IP itself the reach it has in the casual market is far beyond what GoW could dream and casual market is way bigger than dedicated one. It doesn't surprise me in the slightliest that with weaker pre-orders the first day selling of Spider-man is on par and puts him in the race.