• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
Legitimate question

Who is Ring of Honor's target audience in 2019?

Observation based on anecdotal evidence, I mod a Facebook wrestling group for Giant Bomb fans and the only members in the group who have expressed a preference for ROH are folks who are watching it on over the air broadcast television. No cable. No Honor Club. Same users asked the group for advice what other wrestling they could access for free without piracy and they got a litany of good suggestions for promotions that make their shows available for free. This was met with total surprise.

So in situations I've personally seen ROH seems to be for viewers facing financial hardship with little knowledge of viable alternatives if they want to watch wrestling.

Jamie OD

Oct 27, 2017
A belated congratulations to Austin Theory for being the only pro wrestler to show up at a Takeover and not get recognised.

Talented guy but fucking hell was his appearance an indictment of how little hype he and Evolve gets even with the WWE connections.

Deleted member 274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A belated congratulations to Austin Theory for being the only pro wrestler to show up at a Takeover and not get recognised.

Talented guy but fucking hell was his appearance an indictment of how little hype he and Evolve gets even with the WWE connections.
Says a lot about the EXPOSURE!!! Gabe claims WWE.com articles and @WWE tweets give them

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Legitimate question

Who is Ring of Honor's target audience in 2019?

judging from their gates lately, there is no target audience

it's just a thing that exists and that's enough for SOME people to go

GCW is way hotter than ROH at this point. i ain't staying up to 2am to watch ROH. I will to watch Nick Fuckin Gage fuck a fucker up.

Oct 25, 2017

He had his name on the key....but are you talking about, like, in the crowd?

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017

That bod, tho.

Already%2Bin%2Bthe%2BRing.gif

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
fun fact, back when Wrestling were shoots, matches could last as long as 3 hours.

....When was wrestling ever a shoot? 1845? There's evidence of matches being booked dating back to black and white TV era.

This was a problem with Fight for The Fallen, I felt.

The main event and that Kip/Hangman match went on for waaay too long.

The main event was fine, but Kip/Hangman ran too long and made Hangman look much worse. A lot of decent matches could have been great if they'd shaved 10 minutes off.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
....When was wrestling ever a shoot? 1845? There's evidence of matches being booked dating back to black and white TV era.

The main event was fine, but Kip/Hangman ran too long and made Hangman look much worse. A lot of decent matches could have been great if they'd shaved 10 minutes off.
Main event just felt too indulgent.

There was no reason that match needed to go 30 minutes, this isn't some epic feud blowoff or battle that is going to be a MOTY contender. Would have rather seen a tighter shorter match.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Speaking of shoot graps Marvelous uploaded one of their 2018 pro tests today. Worth watching the last half to see Mio Momono destroy people.

Why is Casey trolling the Joshi marks? I'm like 80% sure it's Santana.

Because he knows fuck all about Joshi and doesn't realise that rumour doesn't even work right now due to the non-retired joshi champs all have a load of events.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Raw viewership was very good

Monday's episode of Raw coming out of SummerSlam was a big hit and led to one of their highest numbers since WrestleMania. The show averaged 2,729,000 viewers on the USA Network, up more than 10% from last week. If you exclude the Raw Reunion, it was their highest number since the night after WrestleMania in April. The show started strong with 2,772,000 viewers in the first hour and increased to 2,820,000 in the second hour, which was their most-watched hour of Raw since the night after 'Mania (excluding the Raw Reunion). The show fell 8% in the last hour but from start-to-finish was only a 6.5% drop.

Fantomex

Oct 25, 2017
alright guys. Who has that gif of the Lucha ilbre sucide dive into the stands? Dudes head went straight into a barricade wall or something.

150px-Blackwarriortope3.jpg

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, this is huge.

Wow.

Can't believe no one's talking about this.

Wow, this could be big.

1f440.png

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
Austin Theory has the look of someone that'll inevitably cancel themselves on Twitter by saying stupid shit.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like someone is pointing a gun to Kota's head off screen every time someone asks him about Kenny.

Ibushi, blink twice if you need help!

Fantomex

Oct 25, 2017
You're gonna have to be more specific

There was a gif from CMLL or AAA match in the 90's. You could tell it was hella old from VCR tracking. The luchador with a mask went for a suicide dive and missed his target and went straight into the crowd barricade that was metal and had posters on it and his head went straight through it. It was legendary.

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017

I actually only knew of him because of that Viceland show.

Yeah. Crickets

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly Santana should have been signed years ago and I thought it'd happen. Dunno why they waited so long. She's a great talent.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Someone recommend me some good places to find good lucha or puro posters to buy. Really want that vintage aesthetic for my crib.

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
Austin Theory has the look of someone that'll inevitably cancel themselves on Twitter by saying stupid shit.
Probably. That vice doc made him seem real sweet with his family though.

Although I just googled it and he started training as a kid with Bill DeMott of all people, lol they left that out of the doc

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently they bring Meiko in multiple times a month to coach at the PC? I knew she did coaching regularly, but not quite to that extent.

Status
Not open for further replies.