• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
So what happens if NXT ends up taking AEW's lunch money?

Retreat to that Tuesday slot like they originally planned and just deal with sports interruptions?

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
So what happens if NXT ends up taking AEW's lunch money?

Retreat to that Tuesday slot like they originally planned and just deal with sports interruptions?
🤷‍♂️

Definitely not happening right out or the gate at least. NXT has been on TV already and hasn't done big numbers. Also AEW is a white hot product.

It'll be interesting to see how things shake out after a couple months.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
🤷‍♂️

Definitely not happening right out or the gate at least. NXT has been on TV already and hasn't done big numbers. Also AEW is a white hot product.

It'll be interesting to see how things shake out after a couple months.
We'll see.

White hot product to its current fanbase but how big that really is or will translate into numbers on TV has yet to be seen.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
The only difference between the downward trajectories of Spider-Man and NXT is in the future people will still remember the wrestling from Raimi's first film

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
Spider-Man is good but the MCU movies are not

Matrix 4 is going to be great, as long as it expands on the ideas from the sequels, which are the superior films

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
- Tons of shows and basically everything makes tape
- Loaded roster
- Lots of variety (including Joshi)
- Great comedy AND workrate
- Awesome extras (promos, press conferences, twitter stuff)
- All on one streaming service
- A Twitter account translates basically everything and Dramatic DDT makes it easy to follow everything

it's literally the easiest sell for any wrestling promotion and somehow people still dismiss it

"Somehow". Nah. No English commentary and no subtitled promos means it's going to be secondary to NJPW and Stardom. You don't have to do both but you have to do one.

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
"Somehow". Nah. No English commentary and no subtitled promos means it's going to be secondary to NJPW and Stardom. You don't have to do both but you have to do one.

DDT Universe puts out far, far, far more content than both of them combined. I dont think it would be feasible at this point, honestly. Even then there is still the TL twitter and Dramatic DDT which makes everything super clear.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
it is literally disgusting that these Japanese Wrestlers can't be bothered to talk English

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Fans got along for years without that stuff!

There's growth and then there's maintenance.

DDT Universe puts out far, far, far more content than both of them combined. I dont think it would be feasible at this point, honestly. Even then there is still the TL twitter and Dramatic DDT which makes everything super clear.

That shit is too much work, lol. I do it, but I'm a dork. DDT is free to do things this way, it's not a big deal. But don't ask "why isn't this thing more popular" . You have your answer.

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
There's growth and then there's maintenance.

That shit is too much work, lol. I do it, but I'm a dork. DDT is free to do things this way, it's not a big deal. But don't ask "why isn't this thing more popular" . You have your answer.

I think all of that takes less effort than the effort people put into stringing together headcannon trying to explain WWE booking. But yeah, whatever. I think that stuff will come in time anyways.

foggy

Oct 25, 2017
Like with most things outside your culture/language, you have to put in more effort than you normally would. That being a barrier makes sense. But thinking DDT is not worth that marginal amount of effort, it's indefensible.

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
Sometimes you can understand as you go along and sometimes there's a 10 minute powerpoint segment midmatch and you have no idea what's going on.

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
Newest Music of the Mat is on Devitt/Balor

Didn't know he used Brass Monkey early on haha, it's indelibly linked to Speedball to me

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
We should get TV characters based on all the mascots

although the Seattle Dragon would just be Daniel Bryan

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What?
Guys there is one good matrix movie and that the first the others are garbage especially that 3 one

Status
Not open for further replies.