• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
I thought they were both great. I would probably give night 2 a bit of an edge. It was definitely more ultraviolent than the first night.
That was kind of my issue with night one, was underwhelmed by the first 6man. I figured Colon/Takeda would be better than Kasai/G-Raver but otherwise 2 looked better. I imagine the tag titles match is a car crash

klonere

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I complained about US indies running shitty high school basketball courts forever and now my local world beating indie has one as it's main venue.

Fuuuuuuck.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Night 1 is better paced and had an invisible match, but I think I like night 2 a little bit more. 3way, tag title, and main event were all great in their own way.

A really commendable showing from GCW and friends.
I'll probably end up grabbing it eventually but I think I'll hold off for now. Gotta watch the TJPW/DDT korakuens anyways

I hate to say it but I was disappointed by Sasuke/Deppen. It was fine but awkward to throw it out first and I think the wild plunder shit is 2019 Sasuke at his full potential

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
Just noticed Haruna isn't listed on the Ultimate Party participants list. Wonder if this means they don't think she'll be back by November? She's been working ringside at shows lately, so she's still around. Do we know what her injury was? She's been out for some time now.

mattsdl

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Just noticed Haruna isn't listed on the Ultimate Party participants list. Wonder if this means they don't think she'll be back by November? She's been working ringside at shows lately, so she's still around. Do we know what her injury was? She's been out for some time now.
They just said it's a lower back injury.
I'm guessing if she's ready they'll just add her to the show.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017

the independent work brand hates contracts, but the independent shoot brand loves em actually

ANuclearError

Nov 25, 2017
I have a bad habit of sharing deathmatch footage with my non-wrestling friends. The GCW Japan shows has evidently provided good samples.

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
I'm setting off to London tomorrow for a week down there before Royal Quest. Are there any shows on in the capital this week?

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
No there on Sunday night, I'd already seen that. Who's running the Summer Sizzler?
Rev Pro

I need pictures friend, need my ammo for the next time I dunk on Progress q:

Anyway, why the drop?

Spend 5 minutes on Twitter, and you'll be told it's chickens coming home to roost, and it's hard to argue that even if I feel they've generally been given a tough treatment. We're at years of PROGRESS being the butt of jokes now, it's not the can't miss it once was, and the star power is down post NXT UK.

According to them today, the NPS is almost sold out, and Alexandra Palace is around the same size as Strong Style, so that's better. But we're at two slow sell outs then two non sellouts in a row now. Which still, we're talking 600-650, which isn't anything to sneeze at, but it did kind of come out of nowhere. It's also a busy weekend, you've got NXT UK Takeover, and three Rev Pro shows in London next weekend, it's a bank holiday weekend, and there was a big cricket game today, as well as football, and no trains from the north into London running all weekend. Anecdotally my wife said her usually busy museum had barely anyone there today. A lot of factors, possibly, but it wasn't a problem before so 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Rev Pro

Spend 5 minutes on Twitter, and you'll be told it's chickens coming home to roost, and it's hard to argue that even if I feel they've generally been given a tough treatment. We're at years of PROGRESS being the butt of jokes now, it's not the can't miss it once was, and the star power is down post NXT UK.

According to them today, the NPS is almost sold out, and Alexandra Palace is around the same size as Strong Style, so that's better. But we're at two slow sell outs then two non sellouts in a row now. Which still, we're talking 600-650, which isn't anything to sneeze at, but it did kind of come out of nowhere. It's also a busy weekend, you've got NXT UK Takeover, and three Rev Pro shows in London next weekend, it's a bank holiday weekend, and there was a big cricket game today, as well as football, and no trains from the north into London running all weekend. Anecdotally my wife said her usually busy museum had barely anyone there today. A lot of factors, possibly, but it wasn't a problem before so 🤷‍♂️

Call me when they hit sub 500 attendance to make the RoH comparisons.

Anyway, Progress deserve it for killing their only good division, the Atlas. Stupid Trent Seven.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like Toni isn't injured as much as just being cautious. She'll be fine for Takeover.

I want to get one thing out of the way though. There were reports online that you were injured recently. Are you going to be okay for TakeOver? What's happening there?

Storm: "Well basically, I'm travelling a lot, I'm working a lot, I'm doing a lot of shows. Obviously, I'm going to be okay for TakeOver. I just had to cancel a few bookings to prevent injury because sometimes you just get to a point and after ten years my body starts to, kind of, fail me a little bit."

She did go on to reveal that this was prompted by a small issue with her shoulder and that it was a case of resting up and being more safe than sorry.

Storm: "But yeah, I did have a little bit of an issue with my shoulder and I just needed to take a break because there's so much at stake. I'm going into the biggest match of my career so far. My biggest title defence since being champion. So I just have to actually take care of myself for a few weeks leading into this. I can't take any risks at the moment because what we do to our bodies can be so dangerous so I'm basically just getting myself in proper condition because there's so much at stake."

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
We didn't let Jeff Hardy in the country until WWE got him back, so I'm going to guess no 😂

I really want someone to try though

I guess Mexico is the only international deathmatch scene that lets Gage in. No Japan, no UK, maybe Chile.

Tell Progress to bring Miedo Extremo and Cíclope!

Progress needs some shattered glass in its ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.