• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
Travel plan madness has truly taken hold

Currently debating hanging around Manchester till the 3am coach to London, get 5 and a half hours sleep on the coach then get the train to work 🤔🤔🤔🤔

Edit: oh wait I can get the midnight coach then get 5¾ hours then go to work

Last edited:

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
I really dislike how the ignored content in this site is displayed now

An admin already confirmed to me it's going to get rolled back soon 🥳

Holy fuck

For those who need to be sold on this for some reason:

1) he trains by challenging planes to races

2) he has the Super Hluk title

tumblr_inline_mrj0zgkNyC1qz4rgp.jpg

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hot take: I think Ishii WILL be Heavyweight Champion by the end of next year.

In one of those reigns that lasts like 2 months

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Bea vs Utami was good but fell way short of Arisa/Kyona. They were smart keeping it short so Utami's lack of moveset depth didn't get exposed.

Utami/Bea >>>>>>>> Arisa/Kyona

The latter going long exposed Seth Rollins Arisa's limited moveset of only doing kicks and one stupid shoot headbutt after 10 minutes of the match were devoted to Kyona working the leg. You can't have Arisa in peril when she's never lost a singles match whilst Kyona has lost ever big singles match of her career and a lot of the non-big ones, especially if Arisa does nothing to sell it and does 99% of her offence with the injured limb. Also Arisa wiffed some big spots.

Bea/Utami's brevity (in comparison) made for a better underdog/monster story. Utami legitimately looked like she was on the back foot throughout the match outside of the moments punctuated by bursts of big desperation offence. Plus both of them did a pretty good job adding new spots/moves to sell the importance of the match to them, without going to stupid shit like shoot headbutts.

Bea/Utami was both their best match of the year so far. I honestly think Arisa/Kyona was the weakest of either of their big singles matches from 2019.

The last TJPW show was decent. The main event was good. Yuki Aino pinning Hikari was unexpected. My favorite match was Natsumi/Raku with Natsumi heeling it and kicking out late multiple times. Raku's a biter LOL. Pom/Yuka was fun as expected.

Natsumi not selling the Goodnight Express was despicable.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Jazz already starting the hate crusade on the best wrestler in STARDOM, hate to see it

mattsdl

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Travel plan madness has truly taken hold

Currently debating hanging around Manchester till the 3am coach to London, get 5 and a half hours sleep on the coach then get the train to work 🤔🤔🤔🤔

Edit: oh wait I can get the midnight coach then get 5¾ hours then go to work
Sounds like a good plan. You probably only need to do it once a month.

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
Hahahaha so we've been talking Mikey Rukus themes a bunch lately

I just found this blast from the past on Spotify, the RQW (Real Quality Wrestling) themes are on there, by Len Davies, the mid 2000s BritWres Mikey

Featuring classics I thought only existed on my iPod Classic like Andy Simmonz's theme Loud and Proud

And the Damned Nation theme song

Which is just a WCW version of their actual theme by Dimmu Borgir

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Good dudes. Sounds like you had a cool wrestling nerd weekend.

I did

Got to tell John some puns and make him laugh

Chat Japanese wrestling with WH Park for like 20 min

Talk wrestling with Mike Murray for like 20 min

Met 14 kick ass women wrestlers including Team Sea-Stars and Rosemary

Saw Choke wins for days

Bliss wins

Gulak

Cole wins

Shayna wins

Charlotte shines

I get proven right about Nattie's workrate

Literally only didn't get a Brock win and a TUE wins all the titles moment and a top flight Bryan match... all in all sick 4 days.

All my favs: Cole, Bliss, Gulak, Shayna retained their titles: Bliss and Gulak did it twice!!!

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
You'd think ROH would learn to start hiding these numbers

To be fair they haven't announced a single match or even wrestler yet for these shows

Not even #TheDraw Matt Taven

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Saya Kamitani looks OK. Not as good as Utami or Iida. Reminds me of Unagi from TJPW but more athletic. I like her theme.

Utami/Bea >>>>>>>> Arisa/Kyona

The latter going long exposed Seth Rollins Arisa's limited moveset of only doing kicks and one stupid shoot headbutt after 10 minutes of the match were devoted to Kyona working the leg. You can't have Arisa in peril when she's never lost a singles match whilst Kyona has lost ever big singles match of her career and a lot of the non-big ones, especially if Arisa does nothing to sell it and does 99% of her offence with the injured limb. Also Arisa wiffed some big spots.

Bea/Utami's brevity (in comparison) made for a better underdog/monster story. Utami legitimately looked like she was on the back foot throughout the match outside of the moments punctuated by bursts of big desperation offence. Plus both of them did a pretty good job adding new spots/moves to sell the importance of the match to them, without going to stupid shit like shoot headbutts.

Bea/Utami was both their best match of the year so far. I honestly think Arisa/Kyona was the weakest of either of their big singles matches from 2019.

Natsumi not selling the Goodnight Express was despicable.

Arisa and Kyona got me more emotionally invested in them than Bea and Utami did.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I did not see it yet.

If it's Ibushi no selling his ankle I will probably be very annoyed.

It's the same thing most wrestlers do

Sell for most of the match, then when it comes time to do the moves and get the ending going you just do what you do.

At this point that structure exists enough for me to just accept it as a given. I'm more pleasantly surprised when it doesn't than upset when it does.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I did

Got to tell John some puns and make him laugh

Chat Japanese wrestling with WH Park for like 20 min

Talk wrestling with Mike Murray for like 20 min

Met 14 kick ass women wrestlers including Team Sea-Stars and Rosemary

Saw Choke wins for days

Bliss wins

Gulak

Cole wins

Shayna wins

Charlotte shines

I get proven right about Nattie's workrate

Literally only didn't get a Brock win and a TUE wins all the titles moment and a top flight Bryan match... all in all sick 4 days.

All my favs: Cole, Bliss, Gulak, Shayna retained their titles: Bliss and Gulak did it twice!!!

You can prepared with puns for Pollock? Fantastic.

Imagine enjoying a weekend of pro wrestling in 2019. It can happen!

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
It's the same thing most wrestlers do

Sell for most of the match, then when it comes time to do the moves and get the ending going you just do what you do.

At this point that structure exists enough for me to just accept it as a given. I'm more pleasantly surprised when it doesn't than upset when it does.

Like the Shayna/Mia Yim match XD

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Counterpoint:T-hawk is currently the wrestle-1 champion. It would be a stretch to have W-1 people in AEW.
She won the ActWresGirlz title, AWG has a dumb feud with TJPW for whatever reason

AWG blacklisted Maki Natsumi for going to work there (even though she was leaving anyways), folks on twitter have pointed out that TJPW always reports their attendance numbers to be whatever AWG last ran in certain buildings +1 (I think Korakuen mostly)

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Jazz has good taste in wrestlers

Thank you friend.

I actually agree with Jazz.

Oh fuck, I take it all back!

Thank you friend.

sometimes cool shit overcomes the need for selling

and Arisa does cool shit

It becomes less cool when it's the 20th kick/knee to the head in the match. Utami hit a really nasty lariat then the rolling delay Germans which ended up being really cool because it came off across as fighting spirit.

In a lot of her matches Arisa stuff does come off as cool. Her final Brazil kick knocking Tam the fuck out in their match after Tam screamed and ran right into it was one of the coolest moments this year for me. In comparison the final sequence of Kyona/Arisa was just kind of nothing because of how the match was laid out. It was just more knees into another Brazil kick from Arisa after a random rope run stop rather than coming across as some desperation last chance offence. Compare it to the end of Kyona/Momo when Momo capitalises off a missed big splash then has to murder Kyona with dangerous Suplexes until she can no longer kick out.

Arisa and Kyona got me more emotionally invested in them than Bea and Utami did.

Yeah, that's a fair point. I think Bea heeled things up pretty well but they're both cold character. Where as Kyona's one of the best at getting people behind her on the roster and Arisa's constant smiling thing can work rather well.

Wait was the match about an injured body part? Because if so:

Ahhh noooo

Sell or die.

Now if it's just strong style no selling sure

But if it's Rollins/Ospreay shit

Nooooo

It's 100% Rollins. In all fairness it's the only Arisa white belt match that's been like it.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Oh btw y'all need to see Shotzi Blackheart vs Delilah Doom from The Summit.... fucking hell that match was incredible hard hitting stuff

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Fake injury is the worst match gimmick, I surely want to see athlete gimping and not moving as they should. Said no one ever.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It becomes less cool when it's the 20th kick/knee to the head in the match. Utami hit a really nasty lariat then the rolling delay Germans which ended up being really cool because it came off across as fighting spirit.

In a lot of her matches Arisa stuff does come off as cool. Her final Brazil kick knocking Tam the fuck out in their match after Tam screamed and ran right into it was one of the coolest moments this year for me. In comparison the final sequence of Kyona/Arisa was just kind of nothing because of how the match was laid out. It was just more knees into another Brazil kick from Arisa after a random rope run stop rather than coming across as some desperation last chance offence. Compare it to the end of Kyona/Momo when Momo capitalises off a missed big splash then has to murder Kyona with dangerous Suplexes until she can no longer kick out.

I mean look if you compare it to Momo/Kyona I'm not gonna argue with you because that's my joshi MOTY so far.

But I didn't look at it the same way you did. I saw it as Arisa knowing she was at a power disadvantage and trying to stay light on her feet and just strike. Like, she threw a lot of kicks and knees, but it was because grappling with Kyona was a non-starter. Her whole goal was to keep Kyona off-balance. Every time the distance closed Kyona would take advantage. Arisa's only real grappling spot was the desperation choke. So her victory was gonna have to be attrition of strikes and it was.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Tell that to poor Jay White.

Jay White is a long-term main eventer. Him getting a short reign was to show that he can so that he's established at that level going forward for his career. It's the same reason Naito got a two month reign after LIJ formed.

Ishii isn't a long-term anything unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.