• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Zero deadzone is an absolute must.
I think it's still actually lying though. In GTA V, setting zero deadzone is seriously zero deadzone, you can get the crosshairs to move slightly just by tilting the controller ever so slightly, and it's not uncommon to have a bit of jitter even when not touching the stick at all.

In RDR2 it still feels like there's still plenty of deadzone built in there, even with it set to zero in the settings. But yeah, zero is a must.

ThatWasAJoke

Oct 28, 2017
JUst played 30min of RDR2. Never played a Rockstar game before

My first impression: Game plays like absolute dogshit. It's like moving through sludge and the controls make no sense and are difficult to use. Honestly considering trading it in

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
I've been playing Destiny 2 with the promo going on at the moment. Hit level 15 and things are actually getting pretty fun now. Feels like a much more polished and serious Borderlands with elements from Warframe.

choodi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
JUst played 30min of RDR2. Never played a Rockstar game before

My first impression: Game plays like absolute dogshit. It's like moving through sludge and the controls make no sense and are difficult to use. Honestly considering trading it in
These are my thoughts exactly. I've only played LA Noire before this and all I keep thinking is how the hell is GTA V the biggest game in the world?

I haven't reached chapter two yet because I just can't get the motivation to pick it up again.

Oct 25, 2017
VIC, AUSTRALIA
I wasn't enjoying RDR2 at all until I hit chapter 2. Snow sections make the clunky controls even worse and the game looks way way way better as a showcase out of the snow.

I've been playing Destiny 2 with the promo going on at the moment. Hit level 15 and things are actually getting pretty fun now. Feels like a much more polished and serious Borderlands with elements from Warframe.
Gunplay is best in business.

Really glad I got out of the grind though. Made it impossible to play other games. When it all clicks with a good group there is nothing like it though.

ThatWasAJoke

Oct 28, 2017
Got up to the
and it was a little better. Hope things pick up from here. The hunting sequence was probably the must frustrating and worst experience I've had in games since playing New Vegas. Stupid bow and arrow and then following an NPC at a crawl for 10 mins. You'd think Rockstar would have learned to do the Witcher 3 thing of them adjusting to your speed..

Oct 25, 2017
VIC, AUSTRALIA
Got up to the
and it was a little better. Hope things pick up from here. The hunting sequence was probably the must frustrating and worst experience I've had in games since playing New Vegas. Stupid bow and arrow and then following an NPC at a crawl for 10 mins. You'd think Rockstar would have learned to do the Witcher 3 thing of them adjusting to your speed..
Nah they decided to make things old school Euro RPG, janky systems with obtuse requirements were all the rage back in the Witcher 1 days.

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I'm somewhere in RDR2 Chapter 3 and the stuff that annoys me has melted away a bit.
So much of the shit that looks like a PITA (like grooming and stuff that sounds likes straight out of a "here's all the shit we hated about GTA IV" list is rarely necessary.

Only thing I dislike about it right now is that I need at least a two hour window to play it since if you try to go into it a play for short stretches, the game really works against you for that.

It's also a good game for turning down the audio (fantastic though it is, it's a very long game) and 2nd screening something on Netflix.

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
from the funny pictures thread
vGPBaM0.jpg

Aarglefarg

Oct 27, 2017
I got a pay cut last week without any notice (the first I saw of it was today's pay slip for last week's work showing the minimum wage rather than higher). The hours I work has also gone down lately with no communication, and they are also haphazard times of day after being consistent the entire time I've worked there. Next week, I get half the normal number of hours there and now I find out it's at a lower rate too. My job satisfaction has taken a big hit recently.

I also got a second job that starts soon, one day a week, but the pay for that is much lower than expected due to an EBA (like $1.50-$2.80 less than I expected, an hour).

ThatWasAJoke

Oct 28, 2017
I got a pay cut last week without any notice (the first I saw of it was today's pay slip for last week's work showing the minimum wage rather than higher). The hours I work has also gone down lately with no communication, and they are also haphazard times of day after being consistent the entire time I've worked there. Next week, I get half the normal number of hours there and now I find out it's at a lower rate too. My job satisfaction has taken a big hit recently.

I also got a second job that starts soon, one day a week, but the pay for that is much lower than expected due to an EBA (like $1.50-$2.80 less than I expected, an hour).
Damn that sucks. Wish I knew how to help but I don't. Can only hope labor laws in this country get fixed soon.

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
I really want to buy the new fallout but my gamer instincts are screaming otherwise. Just exploring a fallout world with mates sounds like so much fun. Maybe if it was a <$30 game...

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
Anyone score any decent deals the last couple days? The Sony Store click frenzy sale yesterday was pretty spicy, bummed I missed out on the Orange DS4.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)

Perhaps you should investigate joining a union.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
i was really fucking tempted by the $300 PSVR deal but a) i still have like four or five normal-ass games to buy and budget for and b) I don't want it that much yet I just had a wild urge

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
born from an egg on a mountain top
the funkiest monkey that ever popped