• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
VIC, AUSTRALIA
So out of curiosity, I logged everything that went into my mouth on Christmas Day and counted up the calories. I could stop eating right now and be all good calorie-wise until Saturday.

A third of what I ate was wholesome food that is actually good for the body. Another third was basically chocolate. The final third was alcohol.

Turns out alcohol isn't good for you, guys.
Maybe no calorie counting for New Year's Eve then lol

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
NPP is a fucking mess. I just want to be able to transfer and receive money instantly no matter which bank a transfer is from or going to, or whether it's transferred online, with their app, or whatever. Almost a year later, that's still not a reality. Why is that so fucking hard for these cunts?

Blame the banks for stunting NPP/Osko rollout. The big 4 had five years yet they decided to rush the rollout just this year. Props to Cuscal for doing it right at least. Minor independent banks/credit union had little to no support from NPP which is why the delayed rollouts occured (ala Heritage).

Me Bank, Citibank and HSBC both delayed because backends are horrendous. Macquarie and UBank idk why.

Sending an Osko payment requires both banks to have Osko enabled which requires both banks to be linked to the New Payment Platform. You do not need a seperate app to send an Osko payment.

Sending a single credit transfer requires both banks to be linked to the New Payments Platform. You do not need a seperate app to send a SCT payment.

This creates a problem with banks who don't support sending SCTs such as Westpac and Up and banks who just support SCT such as Bankwest and Heritage.

🤷🏻‍♂️ Our payment system currently is still a mess until every bank and credit union is linked to the New Payments Platform.

The big 4 have limitations on sending an Osko payment. You can read it up here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Qq-QlZEp-HbX6eXAH5TMtHnZVN8rhAi6xBGGNFXRb9U

mikezilla2

Oct 28, 2017
lol NPP and weight gain - probbly not a good combination

Christmas was good spent some time with family

today was not - bike was nicked from a local shopping center :(

lint2015

Oct 27, 2017
Blame the banks for stunting NPP/Osko rollout. The big 4 had five years yet they decided to rush the rollout just this year. Props to Cuscal for doing it right at least. Minor independent banks/credit union had little to no support from NPP which is why the delayed rollouts occured (ala Heritage).

Me Bank, Citibank and HSBC both delayed because backends are horrendous. Macquarie and UBank idk why.

Sending an Osko payment requires both banks to have Osko enabled which requires both banks to be linked to the New Payment Platform. You do not need a seperate app to send an Osko payment.

Sending a single credit transfer requires both banks to be linked to the New Payments Platform. You do not need a seperate app to send a SCT payment.

This creates a problem with banks who don't support sending SCTs such as Westpac and Up and banks who just support SCT such as Bankwest and Heritage.

🤷🏻‍♂️ Our payment system currently is still a mess until every bank and credit union is linked to the New Payments Platform.

The big 4 have limitations on sending an Osko payment. You can read it up here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Qq-QlZEp-HbX6eXAH5TMtHnZVN8rhAi6xBGGNFXRb9U
Yeah see I have no clue what you just said, I just want instant transfers whether I do it via a bank's site or app.

It's not just the backend that has issues, the front end has too. Some banks allow you to do it via their app but not their site. And often it's just not clear how to make a PayID or Osko transfer rather than the old transfers that take a day.

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah see I have no clue what you just said, I just want instant transfers whether I do it via a bank's site or app.

It's not just the backend that has issues, the front end has too. Some banks allow you to do it via their app but not their site. And often it's just not clear how to make a PayID or Osko transfer rather than the old transfers that take a day.

Switch to a bank that allows you to do it via both portals? Westpac allows you to make Osko transfers on both its website and app and it's pretty noticeable whether it is an Osko transfer or not.

2NM3abH.png

Whereas Bankwest and Cuscal 1.0 banks allow you to pick between an Osko/SCT transfer or a regular schemgular one (both app and website)
uoYKCOk.png
PhHAtsw.png

Cuscal 2.0 banks allow you to select whether you would want to transfer to a PayID or a BSB then confirms whether it is an Osko or normal payment. (both app and website)
ImyIEm4.png

The point of Osko is to replace the old Direct Entry system for minor transactions, hence the subtleness of CBA/NAB/ANZ/Westpac. However the rollout from the big four banks has really been botched. Hopefully next year the big four fully roll out their Osko services with other minor banks.

lint2015

Oct 27, 2017
I have Westpac and I've never seen the Osko option when making payments online. I kinda expected NPP to have replaced take the place of the banks' existing options whenever possible, or at least given prominence. Instead a lot of banks tuck it away somewhere else.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Anybody have recommends for prescription swimming goggles? I think I might take up swimming regularly, or at least see how it slots into my life.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not interested in anything, but curious to see the interest in the Hyper magazines. I have the first 100 or so (ish).

Stackboy

Oct 25, 2017
Thrillsville, Brisvegas
Let's talk top 5 games of the year. Here are mine. I've left out Super Smash Brothers, it's a fantastic game but it came out very late in the year and I need alot more time to play before I decide on it.

5. Far Cry 5: You can be friends with a dog, a cougar and a BEAR.

4. Red Dead Redemption 2: I found this game really jarring to start with, but now that I understand what it wants from me and lets me just wander, it's a great "there's a snake in my boot!!" time.

3. Dead Cells: I love roguelikes and have never played Castlevania nor Metroid to completion (shoot me), but the aesthetic and the challenge this game offers is second to none this year.

2. Destiny 2: Forsaken: Destiny got good again! I know there's a pattern here but this expansion makes me play this game on a weekly basis again. I was back just this afternoon for Iron Banner. It's a great game to check in on from time to time. So much to do and really rewarding.

1. Forza Horizon 4: This could be my new favorite arcade racer (EA make a new Burnout Paradise dammit!!). The seasons work so well, the game constantly rewards you for all the fun you're having. It's just a joy to thrash across the countryside.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
winter games making me want to pick up money puzzle exchanger

viciouskillersquirrel

Cheering your loss
Oct 25, 2017
I'm slow at playing games. This year has been mostly Zelda BotW, Xenoblade 2, SMT4A and TWEWY. I only just started Smash with my son (never played a Smash before, so far, we're very confused by the controls), so my GOTY has to be TWEWY Final Remix because it actually came out this year.

EDIT: I guess Bloodstained Curse of the Moon is my number 2. It is tough as nails but I love me some not-Castlevania.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
I'm slow at playing games.
Ditto. My only gaming platform is a PS4 Pro, but I probably won't get around to playing Spider-Man or God of War until late 2019.

For me, the game of the year was Red Dead Redemption 2. I do think the controls sucked - and I mean really sucked, not just complained about for the sake of complaining about, unlike The Witcher 3 or GTA V for example - but everything else was absolutely best in class.

It's a long arse open world game where I must have spent a third of my play time just hunting and exploring, but they still managed to craft probably the best story we've seen in a video game, populated with some of the best characters. The arcs for some of the characters are dramatic, but yet still completely believable in a way that's rare in any medium, especially video games. And the tech is amazing too, it raises the bar for animation, and the draw distance and LOD stuff means that there's never any pop-in, which lends the world a feeling of believability I don't think any other game can come close to matching.

The other game I'd give an honourable mention to is Hitman 2. On the animation front it was super-jarring to go from RDR2 to Hitman 2, but IO's engine still looks great, and Hitman 2 just exists in a completely unique space in the gaming landscape. I've barely scratched the surface, but it's such a great game for playing a chapter at a time with breaks in between. Miami is also one of the all time best Hitman levels, and the Elusive Targets are brilliant. Shout out too to the Sniper game that came bundled with pre-orders: it was great with Absolution, and now that they've added co-op it's even better.

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I think if I had to choose my favourite game of he year, it would be Spiderman.
It had some issues (cheap enemies one-hitting you to death, etc) but was just the most fun.

RDR2 and GoW were both really good. RDR2 despite itself and its pretensions. GoW because i played it on easy- I don't tink I would have found it as much fun dying over and over.

Hitman 2, Far Cry 5, Black Ops IIII and BFV all gave me a lot of enjoyment this year. Of course, with fewer and fewer games interesting me, I've been replaying older games and remasters more than I used to. So this is in a year where I also played Crash Bandicoot (for a bit), Uncharted Trilogy and TLOU Gears 4, Doom and Hitman.

Playing Spyro again now and have picked up AC:Odyssey and Just Cause 4 from sales/Christmas.

Not many indies, but I did get and love Donut County. That was great. Switch was a bit barren for me this year but I did get Katamari, Yoku's Island Express and Immortal Redneck- the last was one the only game I utterly regret buying this year. But the most switch time was taken up by Korg Gadget.

I also spent a ton of time with CoD WWII multiplayer, so much so that i even got a season pass for it (very very rare for me to get anything more than the base game of something)

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
1. Destiny 2 Forsaken. So good. So frustrating. So can't put it down.

2. Sea of Thieves, incredibly fun for all ages. Love just backseat playing while my son and his buddies explore and work things out.

3. Spiderman, all class all round.

4. MCC, shit got good finally.

5. MIA, I really didn't venture outside of those top 4. If I did it was short lived and not worth a mention.

Oct 25, 2017
VIC, AUSTRALIA
Reposting 3 or my top 4 (didn't do a write up for Astro Bot)

#4 Red Dead 2

In terms of crafting an incredibly detailed game world Rockstar have blown away any previous examples by an insane margin, even making The Witcher 3 look dated in comparison. So many of the systems are linked in brilliant ways and lets you get lost with Arthur for hours and hours without even considering the story. The craft has impeded enjoyment to a certain degree, Rockstart want and need you to play their way rather than what you may be more comfortable with which can be frustrating. The plot overall never reaches the high points of the first game but covers some interesting ground, especially in regards to Arthur's place in society during the end of the wild west. Please Rockstar don't let this massive achievement go to waste like GTA5 did, this world deserves to have more tales told and experienced.

#1 Spider-Man

Pure joy from start to finish. Slick and smooth just like you'd expect from a Marvel product but with a much deeper and interesting story than we've seen from those movies, Spider-Man continues to be a great creative foil. The city was so much fun to swing through and the trophy completion rates show just how many people enjoyed doing so all the way to 100% the game which is a shockingly huge result in this industry. A great example not just of how far games have progressed since the PS1 days but also the heights developers are reaching in terms of what they can do in the medium.

#2 God of War

The gold standard for reinventing your franchise. Not only did the Norse setting allow for an epic story to unfold it made sense for Kratos, it gave him purpose and crazily enough made him the perfect vessel for the player to inhabit. It felt like the first step on a new journey that will eventually reach the same insane heights of the original series, Kratos opening himself back up to the world he continues to draw ripples through. In terms of gameplay we had a mix of action styles that felt both contemporary and traditional, Kratos adapting to the world around him and as the journey went on, to Atreus as well. The characters more than the story itself remain with you after the final revelation, with well realised arcs and growth. I cannot wait to see what Atreus becomes and how he can continue to heal what is left of Kratos after so much pain.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
odyssey feels like it has a negligble amount of actual content spread out over a landmass like kind of actually as big and as exhausting to traverse as ancient greece must have been. fuck.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
I'm interested to see how God of War is (eventually). I was never a particularly big fan of any of the previous instalments even though I played them, but I've heard a lot of good things about the new game.

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
I'm interested to see how God of War is (eventually). I was never a particularly big fan of any of the previous instalments even though I played them, but I've heard a lot of good things about the new game.
I went into it without many expectations (I think that's the best thing to do with any game, tbf). Loved every minute and Platinum'd it. Was really refreshing to see a radical new take on GOW that is significantly different from anything else out there at the moment.

Oct 25, 2017
VIC, AUSTRALIA
Yeah most impressive thing is how they just used the universe to make something awesome rather than try and do the same game over again. Feels really unique yet still cribs almost everything from other games/movies/books.

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
yeah, God of War was a trick and a half. I never liked any of the earlier games but this was done well. It kinda hurts to say that since the one time I met Cory Barlog in real life in a work situation, he was an utter cunt.

Oct 25, 2017
VIC, AUSTRALIA
Alright gonna do a new years resolution thing for once.

I'm 32 and really should look after myself for my kids sake. Gotta be in shape so I can keep up with them and set a good example.

So no more garbage food. No more snacking after dinner, while at my PC or gaming. Gotta stick to an exercise program and not get lazy yet again.

Going on a cruise in August so I'd like to see if I can at least make it 6 months until the end of June.

viciouskillersquirrel

Cheering your loss
Oct 25, 2017
Alright gonna do a new years resolution thing for once.

I'm 32 and really should look after myself for my kids sake. Gotta be in shape so I can keep up with them and set a good example.

So no more garbage food. No more snacking after dinner, while at my PC or gaming. Gotta stick to an exercise program and not get lazy yet again.

Going on a cruise in August so I'd like to see if I can at least make it 6 months until the end of June.
You know you wanna do it: https://www.resetera.com/threads/weight-loss-challenge-7-test-your-resolve.89931/

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
Dunno about new years resolutions but bought a fishing rod combo, some tackle and went fishing for the first time in ages today. Didn't catch much of anything but it was good to feel the beach sand under my feet, smell the salt and have that nice coastal breeze. Definitely going to do that more often this year.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
the sea ate my powered sunglasses for the first day of new years :(

viciouskillersquirrel

Cheering your loss
Oct 25, 2017
So I just found out that Skyrim Switch doesn't have an option to invert X on the camera, rendering it completely unplayable.

I'm getting headaches and spinning around in circles during the tutorial mission. Old mate keeps telling me to follow him, but I lose his position within seconds wrestling with the controls. I may have to drop the game and I bought it digital :(

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Just bought Diablo 3 for Switch, never played it on PC so I'm kind of enjoying it. Also treated myself to Tetris Effect on PS4 and have $45 of Ninty eShop credit to spend on either the SNK Collection or Katamari. Hmm.

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
Finally had some hot cross buns last night. Still awesome. My local woolies didn't stock them on boxing day *sniff*

Worthintendo

Oct 25, 2017
Just bought Diablo 3 for Switch, never played it on PC so I'm kind of enjoying it. Also treated myself to Tetris Effect on PS4 and have $45 of Ninty eShop credit to spend on either the SNK Collection or Katamari. Hmm.
SNK Collection is really well done, some really rare and interesting games in there. However not alot of variety in it, lots of scrolling games where you shoot things plus a few platformers and Crystalis. I've enjoyed it and am loving the work they put into documenting the history of SNK, but I just feel the games need a tad more variety.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Hm, maybe I'll hold off on SNK then. I'll definitely reward Digital Eclipse down the track, but maybe I just stick with something cheaper. Like Katamari! And maybe Celeste, if I dig it on Xbox and want it portable.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
dmcV
psychonauts 2
persona q2 but as a side thing

that's honestlhy about it

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Got to visit my old stomping grounds yesterday catching up with some old friends. Fortitude Valley in Brisbane has changed so much, yet much of it is still an utter shithole.

That said, that new arcade with the tickets B Lucky is kinda cool and schmick (a very differenty experience from Netherworld. And the Osbourne Hotel makes unbelievably good burgers (It was The Fringe Bar for many years when I worked near there).

Stackboy

Oct 25, 2017
Thrillsville, Brisvegas
Outrun on Switch
Virtua Racing on Switch
Almost any other M2 Sega port for Switch

You have good taste.

Got to visit my old stomping grounds yesterday catching up with some old friends. Fortitude Valley in Brisbane has changed so much, yet much of it is still an utter shithole.

That said, that new arcade with the tickets B Lucky is kinda cool and schmick (a very differenty experience from Netherworld. And the Osbourne Hotel makes unbelievably good burgers (It was The Fringe Bar for many years when I worked near there).

I've been meaning to check out B Lucky. It almost sounds too nice. I like Netherworlds dinge.

Oct 25, 2017
VIC, AUSTRALIA
What games is everyone looking forward to this year? I am quietly optimistic about Anthem and have decent hopes for The Division 2.
Ace Combat in a week! Keen to see if it's like the PS2 games.
REmake 2 looks boss even though too spooky for me.
Cautiously optimistic for Days Gone, Bend are amazing and I hope they have an emphasis on storytelling.
Ghost of Tsushima looks ace.
CTR remake! Best kart game eva is back.
RAGE 2 looks up my alley.
BIOMUTANT COULD BE AWESOME

oh it'd be nice if kiwami bloody came out for PC
Won't be far off, Y6 as well since 0 did so well.