• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo have an eShop sale, anyone willing to tell me the actual prices instead of Nintendo's "33% off!" marketing fluff

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Well, full BC is a pretty big start IMO. Hopefully it includes stuff like upscaling for *all* games (hi, Driveclub), too.

Mar 22, 2019
In the market for a better PS4 controller and see the Nacon Pro is out this week.

But that Astro C40 TR is very interesting. No AUS release date though :(

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
bumping the thread for non-election related Australian posting despite not me living in Aus anymore.

for reasons, I have bought Days Gone and am installing it today. Any impressions?

Also, while not Aussie, I managed to watch Wellington Paranormal, the first spin off of the What we Do in the Shadows movie. Pretty good Kiwi show, something you don't hear often enough.

Oct 25, 2017
VIC, AUSTRALIA
bumping the thread for non-election related Australian posting despite not me living in Aus anymore.

for reasons, I have bought Days Gone and am installing it today. Any impressions?

Also, while not Aussie, I managed to watch Wellington Paranormal, the first spin off of the What we Do in the Shadows movie. Pretty good Kiwi show, something you don't hear often enough.
Been enjoying it a lot since launch. There've been a few patches and apparently the day one patch fixed a ton of the bugs reviewers had. I'm playing on a Pro with a SSD and taking my time with the game so I'm like best case scenario.

It's very much TLoU x Mad Max. Which is totally my jam. It's meant to be played stealthy, I've mainly been stalking using the crossbow which you can craft bolts for easily. Still don't like being out at night lol. Story has been great so far. One or two weird choices aside.

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I've been enjoying Days Gone a lot more than expected. I'm hoping it's a lot less stingey about things like refuelling and ammo than Mad max was (a main reason I didn't stick with that).

At the moment, any open world game where i can play the campaign in less than 40 hours (after the 60 or so it took to get through AC:Odyssey) is a bonus.

bobnowhere

Oct 26, 2017
Elsewhere for 8 minutes
I've been enjoying Days Gone a lot more than expected. I'm hoping it's a lot less stingey about things like refuelling and ammo than Mad max was (a main reason I didn't stick with that).

At the moment, any open world game where i can play the campaign in less than 40 hours (after the 60 or so it took to get through AC:Odyssey) is a bonus.

It's pretty stingy for most of the game when it comes to both. Some late parts and upgrades do lessen it but you still need to remember where fuel stations and cans are for easy refueling. Tow Trucks always have a fuel can at the back, army transports at the front etc... Took me at least half of the game to realise you could just pull up next to a pump and still get gas!

bobnowhere

Oct 26, 2017
Elsewhere for 8 minutes
I enjoyed Days Gone, it's better than the middling reviews. I wrote somewhere else:

Much, much better than the average reviews claim. The one piece of "bad writing" bandied around is firmly tongue in cheek and taken completely out of context. Great characters and a really different focus, this is a human vs. human game, it just happens to contain zombies on the side. Frame rate is terrible on a slim though. Probably the biggest let down is the hordes, they are a chore at times. Takes way too long to prepare to take one on.

Oct 25, 2017
VIC, AUSTRALIA

I'm like 40 hours in easy and only halfway through the story apparently, thing is huge.

I've always found tons of ammo and fuel. Scrap can be hard to find at times unless you hit a bad guy camp.

Basically every point of interest will have at least one fuel can and fuel stations are setup in good spots. Or just fuel up at your camps since you end up rolling in money pretty quick.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
What's the go with the Switch version? Kinda wanna get it, but the grinding and the port issues are doing an excellent job of keeping me away.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Last edited:

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
RIP Bob Hawke. Has made me painfully aware of our lack of charismatic leaders or prospectives though.

Let's get this shit-show over with tomorrow!

Oct 25, 2017
VIC, AUSTRALIA
Reminder: All you can do is what is within your means. You cannot change the world by yourself. Be honest and passionate with those around you. Stay the course. Keep your head up and make your voice heard.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Reminder: All you can do is what is within your means. You cannot change the world by yourself. Be honest and passionate with those around you. Stay the course. Keep your head up and make your voice heard.
Eh, what's the fucking point? The rich get richer, poor get poorer and actual middle-class (not the perceived middle-class, who are actually upper and vote only for themselves) get forgotten or fucked.

TheForgotten

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly thought the Australian public was better than this. Fear mongering worked, following in the footsteps of US and UK.
I think we all thought we were better than this as a nation. I guess we can no longer point and laugh at the stupid decisions made by Trump or Brexit voters.

I also know people who have always been Labor or Greens voters who kept getting flooded with SMS from One Nation the last few weeks. i hope undecided voters didnt fall for her shit.