• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
For me my picks are games I haven't spent as much time with as I'd like to:

Dragon Quest XIS: Definitive Edition
Mario Maker 2
Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers

I haven't played much else that came out this year.

OP
OP
jambo

jambo

Oct 25, 2017
Black Mesa: Xen Technical Beta
Destiny 2 on Steam
No Man's Sky Beyond
Tetris 99
Super Mario Maker 2
Metro Exodus

And hopefully Disco Elysium and The Outer Worlds!

Last edited:

Aarglefarg

Oct 27, 2017
The Top 2 are pretty clear to me so far. Beyond that, it gets hard.

1. Dragon Quest Builders 2
2. Link's Awakening
3. Baba Is You
4. Dandy Dungeon

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Control is seriously amazing, it breaks my heart to see that it didn't sell that well. A great SP title from a great and famous team (Remedy), and nobody bought it :(

uiLmhvW.gif

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I can't think of something I've played yet (still have MW, LM, Zelda, Death Stranding, Star Wars and holdover Rage 2 to go)
that's something I'd say is a lock for GOTY. I just finished Borderlands 3 and that was great.
I enjoyed Void Bastards and Control but didn't finish either (got close in control but that last areas just kicked my ass over and over (I could literally see where you have to get to in order to beat the game). Control was good but it had too many issues overall for me to go with that. Void Bastards was a great idea executed mostly well but its progression system held it back for me (I didn't feel like going 'deeper' just to lose my progress so I didn't bother after a while).

Days Gone was good. I really enjoyed Far Cry New Dawn, Cadence of Hyrule was OK, Ape Out was great, Gears 5 was good, Crackdown 3 was fun enough.

ATM Borderlands 3 by default.

wonzo

Oct 25, 2017
Control is seriously amazing, it breaks my heart to see that it didn't sell that well. A great SP title from a great and famous team (Remedy), and nobody bought it :(

uiLmhvW.gif
Yeah I just finished it the other day and it's the first Remedy game since Max Payne 2 to blow me away, really looking forward to the DLC. Sucks about the sales but I hope the Epic deal covered enough of the dev costs for it to keep em afloat.

Mar 22, 2019
NBN Update: tearing my hair out.

Dropoffs are happening more regularly and yes it does reconnect but its making it impossible to enjoy the INTERNET and oh yeah, actually do my job from home.
The setup i've got right now:

Shitty NBN Box connected to shitty Telstra Gateway (via WAN port) --> put this into bridge mode and connected via LAN port my Asus AC5300 Wireless Router which has variety of ethernet connections directly to my main pc and using 5GHZ wifi channels to connect to my phone and apple tv/playstation wireless etc.

I've tried removing the telstra gateway and connecting Shitty NBN Box directly to my AC5300 and it worked for a while but then started dropping off; changed cables, changed plugs, everything - the weird thing is the green lights on the Shitty NBN Box are constantly green...

Anyway back on the phone to Telstra tomorrow as i dont really know what to try now - i'm hoping its a silly setting somewhere but not sure...when it works its good:

Google Speed Test:
95.7MBps Download
33.5MBps Upload

Open to ideas though.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Iceborne and Ace Combat 7 are both in contention so far. Haven't really played any games released this year that would qualify otherwise. Perhaps Outer Worlds?

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
i really want to play ace combat 7 actually

just got gamepass for outer worlds and... theres some STUFF on here ey

Mar 22, 2019
Ok telstra NBN update. Been a nightmare of dropoffs...tech dude is coming out this week though to check it out.

Ive ended up disconnecting my fancypants Asus AC5300 router and switching it off - so right now purely using NBN box to Telstra Gateway Max2 and have a basic wifi network setup and ethernet cable plugged into my LAN port on laptop. Its janky but at least im online (albeit with dropoffs still).

I really want to use my AC5300 though. What are the settings i need to use? Completely reset that device aswell as i was thinking maybe a setting was all screwy so this is a fresh start.

I want to use the AC5300 as wireless for my 2.4 and 5ghz connections around the house, aswell as use the ports on the back for ethernet to my server and gaming pc.

What do i do here? Settings/cabling etc? Im thinking Telstra in bridged mode with wifi and dchp disabled then asus router plugged from telstra box LAN port to its wan port...or do i just go straight from nbn box to asus box?

Thanks. Hopefully this is over and i get my normal internet back...

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Ok telstra NBN update. Been a nightmare of dropoffs...tech dude is coming out this week though to check it out.

Ive ended up disconnecting my fancypants Asus AC5300 router and switching it off - so right now purely using NBN box to Telstra Gateway Max2 and have a basic wifi network setup and ethernet cable plugged into my LAN port on laptop. Its janky but at least im online (albeit with dropoffs still).

I really want to use my AC5300 though. What are the settings i need to use? Completely reset that device aswell as i was thinking maybe a setting was all screwy so this is a fresh start.

I want to use the AC5300 as wireless for my 2.4 and 5ghz connections around the house, aswell as use the ports on the back for ethernet to my server and gaming pc.

What do i do here? Settings/cabling etc? Im thinking Telstra in bridged mode with wifi and dchp disabled then asus router plugged from telstra box LAN port to its wan port...or do i just go straight from nbn box to asus box?

Thanks. Hopefully this is over and i get my normal internet back...
When you get the dropouts, does your NBN box reset itself?

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
doesn't look like it - the lights stay solid green. I'm actually going to try tonight plugging my ac5300 router directly into the nbn box and completely shut off the Telstra Gateway. then tomorrow when the technician comes to address that.

would plugging directly in break anything?
Good luck mate. My outages are always with the NBN itself: the NBN box eventually resets itself and it starts working again. Usually. Currently in the middle of another big outage though, it's been down for more than 12 hours.

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone here used Quickflix for renting DVDs? They've got a good selection of stuff I want to watch. But it's a bit suss that their Twitter account has been abandoned since 2016, some parts of the website haven't been updated in years and their mobile apps are missing from the app store.

OP
OP
jambo

jambo

Oct 25, 2017
I think they got bought out by an overseas company and had a lot of stuff stripped out to minimise costs.

As far as I know you can only watch in SD on a computer, no apps for any devices are available any longer.

I found some random comments from the last few years across Reddit, Twitter and OzBargain and it doesn't seem great. Someone on Twitter had DVDs for years with no contact about returning them. Others never got sent discs.

Aarglefarg

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone else have issues with Amazon game pre-orders not arriving on release day? It is shipped the afternoon/evening the day before, regardless of if it is sent from the same city (Melbourne) or a different one (Sydney).

I had two games in a row arrive the Monday after the Friday release. It looks like there will be a 3rd time out of 4 games, with Death Stranding's tracking offering little hope.

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Does anyone else have issues with Amazon game pre-orders not arriving on release day? It is shipped the afternoon/evening the day before, regardless of if it is sent from the same city (Melbourne) or a different one (Sydney).

I had two games in a row arrive the Monday after the Friday release. It looks like there will be a 3rd time out of 4 games, with Death Stranding's tracking offering little hope.

They use AusPost, are you surprised?

So many botched deliveries from Amazon. I work from home, I'll get a message saying it's out for delivery, the driver will just drive by and throw the package over the fence. Had some that were marked 'address not found' and sent back.

Oct 25, 2017
VIC, AUSTRALIA

Weird, all mine have been here on release day. I've heard of a few instances of them overselling and not having enough stock to send out before release. I think I've been lucky as our AusPost drivers here are actually great.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
where do i go in sydney to get some nice earrings for my girlfriend

viciouskillersquirrel

Cheering your loss
Oct 25, 2017
where do i go in sydney to get some nice earrings for my girlfriend
Dunno, but remember to take inventory of what she already owns as a guide. Does she like shepherd hooks? Butterfly clips? Clip-ons? Does she like hoops? Pendants? Chandeliers?

Best bet is to take something she wears a lot and get her a nicer version of that.

Aarglefarg

Oct 27, 2017
It looks like I was wrong, with it arriving in Melbourne at least 14 hours earlier than Ring Fit Adventure did, despite Death Stranding being scanned in Strathfield NSW 2.5 hours later.

viciouskillersquirrel

Cheering your loss
Oct 25, 2017
So, I was going to fly to Sydney in the morning. Assuming it's still there when I arrive, any places you sydneysiders recommend I eat at in either North Sydney or the CBD?

Dec 31, 2017
Disney+ launches in a week. Australian pricing is $8.99/month or $89.95 for a year. Can't justify a yearly subscription atm (mainly because I don't want to be compelled to watch it constantly.

Mavis

Oct 25, 2017
Blue Mountains

A friend up by Wollemi lost their farm a couple of days ago, came on too quick for them to move the 100+ animals, they haven't a clue what they'll find when they're allowed back in.
I'm in the Blue Mountains so it'll be a sleepless night whilst I monitor the fires. We're better off than many, good insurance and somewhere to stay if we get evacuated. Plus the RFS here are very proactive about back burning in the winter, despite having to fight every year to be allowed to carry it out, so many people complaining about laundry smelling of smoke and asthma, keep you're fucking washing and asthmatics inside for the back burning weekend, it's a hell of a lot better than the whole village going up in smoke!

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Plus the RFS here are very proactive about back burning in the winter, despite having to fight every year to be allowed to carry it out, so many people complaining about laundry smelling of smoke and asthma, keep you're fucking washing and asthmatics inside for the back burning weekend, it's a hell of a lot better than the whole village going up in smoke!
Never underestimate the stupidity of human beings.

SuperBanana

Oct 28, 2017
Amazon had Jedi Fallen Order for $68 + $5 prime discount yesterday. I went to order it today and it's $105 without any prime discount. What the fuck Amazon?

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
Looking after my parents place and the fucking toilet backflowed ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
This is absolutely nothing compared to the fires but it's currently 40C in Melbourne dropping to 12C tonight because why not.

First time I'm wearing a mask here as well.