• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
What games is everyone looking forward to this year? I am quietly optimistic about Anthem and have decent hopes for The Division 2.

Of what's already announced:
Crackdown 3
Far Cry New Dawn
Star Wars Jedi Fallen
Control
Doom Eternal
Biomutant
Rage 2
Luigi's Mansion 3

probable 2019:
Last of Us 2
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 4
SMG/ 3D World Switch or LoZ Skyward Sword Switch ports if no new game.
Gears 5

on the fence: Days Gone, Metro,

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
You have good taste.
I know! Also, I honestly think I'm largely over big AAA titles. Or at least, anticipating them. I'm loving Spidey but it was never on my radar until they threw in 3 months of Stan with it for $39 at JB.

Maybe the only thing I'm anticipating (once I finally pull the trigger) is when the Analogue Sg comes out.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Apparently a truck has hit multiple cars in Rockdale (Sydney) and someone has been stabbed. Anyone know anything more?

EDIT: Stabbing victim has passed away. Assailant was cornered by police and took his own life. Not terrorism related apparently.

What games is everyone looking forward to this year? I am quietly optimistic about Anthem and have decent hopes for The Division 2.
Assuming these are all 2019 games:
  • Ghost of Tsushima
  • Control
  • Resident Evil 2
  • The Last Of Us Part 2
  • Ace Combat 7
  • DMC 5 (although I might not get it straight away)

I'll need to read reviews on:
  • Anthem
  • Days Gone

Last edited:

viciouskillersquirrel

Cheering your loss
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I'm looking forward to (slowly) playing the games I already bought.

And Yoshi and Fire Emblem. And being lttp to Dark Souls.

Still amazes me after all these years it's still that way.
Lots of housing commission blocks in the Valley, so the residents will survive gentrification. It is admittedly bizarre seeing the ice addicts walking shoulder to shoulder with hipsters, office workers and upscale fashionistas, but that's what gives the Valley its character.

Turf out the ice addicts and the Valley will start to lose its cool factor.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Oh shit yeah Control, keep forgetting about it but it looks DOPE as fuck. Probably my most anticipated for the year actually!
The last Remedy game available on a gaming platform I owned was Max Payne 2, which is one of my all time favourite games, so I'm pretty excited for Control. The concept is amazing, and the gameplay we've seen looks amazing too. I really hope they can pull it off.

viciouskillersquirrel

Cheering your loss
Oct 25, 2017
Why is Natalie Imbruglia's Torn the most played song in Australia?
That's radio play. It's probably a combination of factors including demographics of the radio listening audience affecting things.

Gen-X may be the last generation to listen to the radio as part of their universal experience of youth. It makes sense that one of the least offensive local hits from their heyday would be a mainstay of airplay.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Is the 4K package from Netflix worth it? We recently got a new TV and I'm considering upgrading.
I reckon it is. Depends on what content you plan on watching. If it's Netflix-exclusive stuff, then yes. If not, then HD should do you fine.

What's a good VPN everyone is using?
I use dns4me and it's great. Works for everything I've thrown at it (F1, Netflix US and UK, UK TV streaming) and you can add your own URLs if they don't have them configured.

IMO way better than Getflix ever was.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Yo, when do we normally get eShop releases here? Outrun was dated 10/1 globally but I guess in Australia that means 11/1 (because why would we ever get shit first?!?) as that's what it says on the eShop.

I just want my fucking fix, damnit.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alone in Melbourne for a few days

Also it's birthday weekend

Hey

Oct 25, 2017
VIC, AUSTRALIA
reptilescorpio No pressure, but do you know if there'll be bargain guides going up at press-start for Ace Combat 7 or Resident Evil 2?
AC7 is basically done, we are endlessly waiting on Big W/Target (just Big W now). I'm actually reviewing it too this week.

REmake 2 will def be up once details are out. It's my dark horse to outsell expectations this year, feels like reviews will be very high and word of mouth rabbid.

I'll do guides for basically any major title, Ace Combat 7 is probably on the bottom end of interest. Anything more niche than that I'll skip as most of the retailers will too. If Target doesn't get involved we don't see much movement from RRP at brick and mortar since Big W have smartened up and JB only want to undercut what they need to.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
On 01/15/19, the 15 hottest locations on Earth were all found in Australia. I want to say that is a pretty cool stat, but we know that its the exact opposite.

How are you all doing? It's been almost a year since I spent about a month in NSW, and can't believe how quickly time flew by.

Do you still pay more for water(never mind the refrigerated kind), than milk?

Happy New Year, AusERA

Stackboy

Oct 25, 2017
Thrillsville, Brisvegas
This isn't bad for Brisbane, we've had it pretty good temp wise. It's the rest of the country that is really suffering.

Anyone else still play Overwatch? I'll get the new Ana skin in the event, but I never play her.

Abicus

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Today was the third day above 40 in Canberra. Will be four in a row tomorrow. That said we just had a massive downpour of rain. I was walking home from the shops and wasn't even mad, all Shawshank Redemption like.

bobnowhere

Oct 26, 2017
Elsewhere for 8 minutes
Today was the third day above 40 in Canberra. Will be four in a row tomorrow. That said we just had a massive downpour of rain. I was walking home from the shops and wasn't even mad, all Shawshank Redemption like.

Went from like 38 to 17 in like 45mins at one point, temp has drifted back up a bit and there is an awesome lightning show going on atm. Though Canberra does have a pretty good network of foot and bike paths, you don't need to take the sewage pipe to the shops and back!

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
On 01/15/19, the 15 hottest locations on Earth were all found in Australia. I want to say that is a pretty cool stat, but we know that its the exact opposite.

How are you all doing? It's been almost a year since I spent about a month in NSW, and can't believe how quickly time flew by.

Do you still pay more for water(never mind the refrigerated kind), than milk?

Happy New Year, AusERA
Oh wow, almost a year already? I've got my first full-time job, so I've been offered salvation from the heat underneath the office air-conditioning.

BUT I am doing my part to offset this earth-destroying indulgence by switching to soy milk! I can't tell the difference in my cereal, it tastes better with my tea than cow's milk, and it's often just as cheap! Plus, enormously better for the planet.

Also, I can see myself replacing beef with tofu, at least until lab-grown meat is perfected.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow, almost a year already? I've got my first full-time job, so I've been offered salvation from the heat underneath the office air-conditioning.

BUT I am doing my part to offset this earth-destroying indulgence by switching to soy milk! I can't tell the difference in my cereal, it tastes better with my tea than cow's milk, and it's often just as cheap! Plus, enormously better for the planet.

Also, I can see myself replacing beef with tofu, at least until lab-grown meat is perfected.

First of all, congrats on the new job! All the best to you in 2019.

And yeah, I was in Sydney last April for about a month, so just a couple months away from a year since I visited. I am planning to do a return visit, but likely in a year or so. I am kind of curious to explore post-Brexit London this year, and compare notes to my previous trips.

I think I got a bit lucky though, because before my trip to Australia last year, I spent March 2018 in China. Considering that the Canadian government is feuding right now with China on civil and humanitarian rights issues, I likely dodged a bullet because given the current political climate, I think I will avoid China for a couple of years before considering a return.

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
First of all, congrats on the new job! All the best to you in 2019.

And yeah, I was in Sydney last April for about a month, so just a couple months away from a year since I visited. I am planning to do a return visit, but likely in a year or so. I am kind of curious to explore post-Brexit London this year, and compare notes to my previous trips.

I think I got a bit lucky though, because before my trip to Australia last year, I spent March 2018 in China. Considering that the Canadian government is feuding right now with China on civil and humanitarian rights issues, I likely dodged a bullet because given the current political climate, I think I will avoid China for a couple of years before considering a return.
Thank you! I think that's probably wise to give China a wide berth indeed.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly think I'm kind of over MK now. To echo someone in one of the infinite MK threads, something about the realism of the gore has just kind of made me squirm now. At least it was a bit more cartoony with MK9.

If I need a new fighting game to pick up, I'll probably just get Injustice 2, because it'll be cheap and have the movie-based TMNT gang in it. And apparently the story is kickass, too.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Haven't used it myself, but saw it on someone's phone and the picture quality (at least for the cricket) seemed really nice. 4K plus high frame rate.
Cool, appreciate the feedback bomma man. I plan to watch on a 4K TV so hopefully it holds up on a bigger screen.

Wowzers $25 a month. Sounds interesting but way too high a cost unless you watch a lot of those services regularly
It's cheaper than Foxtel, which is the only legal alternative for a lot of these sports, and also offers way more. Plus you can stream to multiple screens simultaneously (meaning you can potentially split the costs with someone), and it offers way more sports coverage: every single session of the Formula 1 for example, which you can't legally get any other way in Oz.

My main concerns are quality, and how reliable it is.

Oct 25, 2017
VIC, AUSTRALIA
Cool, appreciate the feedback bomma man. I plan to watch on a 4K TV so hopefully it holds up on a bigger screen.

It's cheaper than Foxtel, which is the only legal alternative for a lot of these sports, and also offers way more. Plus you can stream to multiple screens simultaneously (meaning you can potentially split the costs with someone), and it offers way more sports coverage: every single session of the Formula 1 for example, which you can't legally get any other way in Oz.

Oh yeah if you're looking to replace Foxtel Sport it sounds like a great deal tbh

TheForgotten

Oct 27, 2017

I dont have it im still using main Foxtel, but i know Kayo is not 4K its 1080/50 depending on what you are streaming on. Foxtel dont have much in 4K anyway unless you are into cricket it looks great in 4K but its still a shit sport in my book.

I dont think it has WatchESPN access if you use that, and most of the ESPN sports are only on demand for a short time because of rights and some are not available on demand at all.

AFL will likely also include the Ch7 ads on the games they produce because of how the streaming rights were done.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
I dont have it im still using main Foxtel, but i know Kayo is not 4K its 1080/50 depending on what you are streaming on. Foxtel dont have much in 4K anyway unless you are into cricket it looks great in 4K but its still a shit sport in my book.

I dont think it has WatchESPN access if you use that, and most of the ESPN sports are only on demand for a short time because of rights and some are not available on demand at all.

AFL will likely also include the Ch7 ads on the games they produce because of how the streaming rights were done.
Yeah they don't do 4K, they only offer "HD".

Full list of what they show is here:
https://help.kayosports.com.au/s/article/What-content-is-available-as-part-of-your-Kayo-subscription

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
So I had just read a story about a person in Australia forgetting a raw steak in their vehicle, and coming back hours later to find it well done.

LOL WTF

hijukal

Oct 25, 2017
Seems pretty reasonable TBH. A car in the sun can reach 30c over the outside temperature (source). We've had a bunch of 40c+ days across the country this week. A well done steak is ~70c so the numbers add up.

Car bonnets can get hot enough to fry eggs.

@dedmunk

Banned
Oct 11, 2018
Anyone from Perth (or even the rest of AU) that plays primarily on Switch? Looking to add friends for online/local games.