• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
fuckin lmao

cyclists should've used the path tho
I actually drove down that road on the same day, and the bike path is both absolutely gorgeous (Jamberoo is lovely) and completely deserted, so I don't know why they didn't.

I'm pretty sure they could've still ridden abreast of each other and had a chat on the bike path. But at the end of the day they're not required to by law (which should be changed IMHO).

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
they're not required to by law, but as my dad says, it doesn't matter if you're in the right if you get hit by a car anyway

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
they're not required to by law, but as my dad says, it doesn't matter if you're in the right if you get hit by a car anyway
It makes no sense to build a dedicated bike path (and a good one at that) next to a road to get bikes off the road, only to have bikes still ride on the road. From memory the speed limit on that road is 70 too, and there are a couple of blind bends on it as you go further towards Albion Park.

Not condoning what the ute guy did obviously, nor am I sorry to see him have to go to court for what he did, and there's a lot of ridiculous hysteria out there from some motorists towards cyclists. But the guy did have a point in this case, if you ask me.

Last edited:

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
fuckin lmao

cyclists should've used the path tho
I know, but It does show that just because someone else isn't following the law/societal rules/conventions properly, doesn't give you some magic defence to break it in order to prove a point/shame the original lawbreaker.

A few months ago a mate of mine saw a car stopped on the side of the highway having caught fire. He pulled his phone out to film it while he was still driving forward (albeit slowly) and he was saying things like " wow, so dangerous."

Oct 25, 2017
VIC, AUSTRALIA
I grabbed the $5 Kayo Sports deal to give it a burl.
Watch UFC prelims and the Sri Lanka test this morning both live.

Streaming quality is fantastic, everything looks super crisp without any drop outs. You can jump anywhere in the stream or go back to the start.

THERE IS NO SEARCH FUNCTION WTF

I can't even go back to previous Spurs games, you can select teams to follow yet there is *nothing* there for them, only holds replays for the last few games.
EDIT: Actually looks like they only carry a handful of NBA games which really sucks :(

Deleted member 40102

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
My 1080ti just got ruined I'm thinking to buy new one but it seems like graphics card here are a lot more expensive than buying them from US?

Should I order it from US amazon ? Or is there cheaper way than this? Because it will cost me extra US$160 but it still a lot cheaper than AU amazon.

If anyone experienced with this please let me know!

wonzo

Oct 25, 2017
My 1080ti just got ruined I'm thinking to buy new one but it seems like graphics card here are a lot more expensive than buying them from US?

Should I order it from US amazon ? Or is there cheaper way than this? Because it will cost me extra US$160 but it still a lot cheaper than AU amazon.

If anyone experienced with this please let me know!
ebay has a 20% off promo running rn and you can get a new 2080 for roughly what they are on sale in the us (if anything a tad cheaper after factoring in gst)

the 2080tis are basically titan tier pricing now and arent worth it. thanks crypto bubble

Aarglefarg

Oct 27, 2017
On or around the 25th of January, I received a letter from First State Super (dated the 22nd) welcoming me to their fund, so I set up an online account with them that day. I went to cancel the insurance, but it said at that time that I didn't have any cover with them. I happened to log in again the next day, and this time it said I did have insurance. I tried to cancel it online, before seeing that it had to be cancelled by post. On the 30th, I sent in the paperwork to cancel it. Their paperwork says that to opt-out without incurring costs I must notify them within 30 days of being notified of the automatic cover commencing.

Today, I see that on the 31st of January they took out $43.68 for insurance, from a balance of $86. It was clearly insufficient notice. It says on my dashboard the combined monthly premium is $20.16 so they more than doubled that for some reason.

Do I stand a chance of getting it back? I mean, based on the bolded...

Last edited:

Aarglefarg

Oct 27, 2017
I called them and they confirmed they will reimburse me, they said they received my letter to cancel it but it takes 10 business days to go through that process so they cancelled it over the phone.

viciouskillersquirrel

Cheering your loss
Oct 25, 2017
So I screwed up and I'm set to run out of protein powder tomorrow, but my replacement supply won't come in until either Friday or Monday. My choices are do nothing and ride it out (ie the eat a lot of chicken plan) or find a temporary alternative.

I don't suppose anywhere sells single serve protein supplements?

BAN PUNCHER

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I thought this video had been lost to annals of 'Dan Murphy's tried to sue the shit out of the creator' but thank goodness the internet never forgets.

NSFW for all those bludgers out there.

bomma man

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm apropos of nothing Woolworths just paid me 9 grand. Haven't worked there in a good 18 months, but the transaction has my old payroll number on it. Can't see anything about mass backpay or wage theft and my old login doesn't work.

🤔🤔🤔

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Played a bit of CD3 before work this morning. It's Crackdown and that's what I wanted.
Some work colleagues are excoriating it and taking a lot of delight in it's poor critical reception.

RDR2 is is not, but this is likely to be a lot more fun to actually just chill and play

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
Applying for rentals suck.

Checked out a joint this morning, liked it and put in application just after lunch. Get a call from the agent to say another applicant has just signed? Why even have an inspection today? lord.

viciouskillersquirrel

Cheering your loss
Oct 25, 2017
Applying for rentals suck.

Checked out a joint this morning, liked it and put in application just after lunch. Get a call from the agent to say another applicant has just signed? Why even have an inspection today? lord.
It sounds like applying for jobs only more annoying. Or maybe dating using tinder*, only less annoying.

* Full disclosure: I have never used Tinder. However, going by every single conversation I've had when the topic of dating in the digital age comes up, if Mrs Squirrel ever leaves me, I am most definitely going to die alone.

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
It sounds like applying for jobs only more annoying. Or maybe dating using tinder*, only less annoying.

* Full disclosure: I have never used Tinder. However, going by every single conversation I've had when the topic of dating in the digital age comes up, if Mrs Squirrel ever leaves me, I am most definitely going to die alone.

Probably about the same as job apps tbh.

Don't even get me started on tinder though, lawd. Way too many people on it just for the thrill of matches.

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I grabbed the $5 Kayo Sports deal to give it a burl.
Watch UFC prelims and the Sri Lanka test this morning both live.

Streaming quality is fantastic, everything looks super crisp without any drop outs. You can jump anywhere in the stream or go back to the start.

THERE IS NO SEARCH FUNCTION WTF

I can't even go back to previous Spurs games, you can select teams to follow yet there is *nothing* there for them, only holds replays for the last few games.
EDIT: Actually looks like they only carry a handful of NBA games which really sucks :(
Kayo holds rights to live streaming and certain replays to NBA as it is derived from the Fox Sport/ESPN/Foxtel deal. NBA still has their league pass and will push their service hence limited games, etc.

BAN PUNCHER

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-02-20/bored-adelaide-pilot-leaves-message-on-flight-radar/10829262

10829266-3x2-940x627.jpg