• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Looks fun to me, but each to their own.

Sure, some people are managing to have fun through the mess that it is, but just take a good look at the Anthem OT and review thread and think about what you're getting into.

It's not about being a bad game or getting poor reviews, a very large chunk of the game is unfinished and unplayable.

I was actually looking forward to playing it despite the many issues, just some light fun with a couple of friends, but even that is made frustrating and tedious.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Does anyone know of an easy way to track which shows are on which Australian streaming services? I'm interested in checking out an old TV series called Chuck, but can't seem to find a streaming option for it.

Alternatively, can anyone recommend a Blu-ray price comparison tool? Something similar to what gamecafe.com.au used to be.

Oct 27, 2017

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
... an old TV series called Chuck.

giphy.gif

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Lol. It finished about 7 years ago I think.

I honestly never even heard about it at the time, I only took an interest recently because a friend told me we used to catch the same train to and from school with Yvonne Strahovski... and I had no idea who she was. He was like 'the chick from Chuck!' and I thought he was talking about that old series with the dude at the bowling alley. Apparently that was 'Ed' though :)

Wombat_Lover

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 20, 2019
Playstation Classic is $70 at Big W.

Still too much. It needs to be under $50 for me to buy one and hack it.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Fuck Stan. i got one of the 3 month trial things from sony. and when i redeemed it they still charged me my first month. Didnt even get an email telling me that i was charged. only noticed because i was looking at my bank statement.
Had you done a free trial previously using the same email address? The three month thingy from Sony states that for existing accounts you get a free upgrade rather than free subscription for the three months.

TheForgotten

Oct 27, 2017
Had you done a free trial previously using the same email address? The three month thingy from Sony states that for existing accounts you get a free upgrade rather than free subscription for the three months.
nope. never used a trial with them before. I had used Stan once but that was a friends account.
I did end up getting a refund. but im never going to use them again. already deleted the app from my TV and canceled the account.

mikezilla2

Oct 28, 2017
anyone got a link to the Laws surrounding who is reponsible for lost or damaged tools perchsed by the work place (non subbie)

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Anyone here using Amazon Video? Just Watch tells me that it should offer The Expanse in Australia, but after signing up for a free trial it tells me that The Expanse isn't available in my location (or words to that effect).

viciouskillersquirrel

Cheering your loss
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone here using Amazon Video? Just Watch tells me that it should offer The Expanse in Australia, but after signing up for a free trial it tells me that The Expanse isn't available in my location (or words to that effect).
I'd be interested to know this too. The Expanse is a great show and it broke my heart to find out that Netflix wouldn't be streaming S3 onwards.

I don't buy enough from Amazon to warrant Prime or Video, so I'd be getting the service for one show, which is a bit steep.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
I'd be interested to know this too. The Expanse is a great show and it broke my heart to find out that Netflix wouldn't be streaming S3 onwards.

I don't buy enough from Amazon to warrant Prime or Video, so I'd be getting the service for one show, which is a bit steep.
Or just get a one month free trial and watch everything :)

I was planning to binge watch The Expanse season 3, then The Grand Tour, and then maybe The Marvellous Mrs Maisel during my trial, but alas they won't let me watch The Expanse...

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
Moving this weekend, organised a service relocation of my current internet to the new place. Customer service put me on hold for a bit, HFC was recently turned on in the area, NBN are going to need to send a tech out and the next available appointment date is going to be... 20th april. I'd have thought that NBN would be trying to clear as many connection requests as possible to keep general disgruntlement down but hey. Going to be fun trying to live off 4G until then.

Just tried the first ep of the expanse and it worked for me. Then again I have been signed up for months and keep on forgetting to turn it off.

Oct 25, 2017
VIC, AUSTRALIA
reptilescorpio when are the Division 2 deals going up? Anything cheaper than Amazon's $66?
They usually put the guides up a week or less before launch so maybe Friday arvo? Still waiting on my DMC5 one to be posted.

Big W/Amazon are $65. Harvey Norman were the $66 price that everyone jumped under, Harvey Norman are keen to be the cheapest at launch on every game so I definitely expect the price to drop again.

In any case if you pre-order with Amazon they'll always charge you the lowest price they ever show it at and they've been matching Harvey Norman so far.

Oct 25, 2017
VIC, AUSTRALIA
Cheers. The price difference between the regular and the gold editions is just mind-boggling.
Ubisoft Gold Editions are an interesting case as like MS et al they don't allow retailers here to discount them *at all* before launch so they're usually $149/$149.95.
But since Mighty Ape are NZ they can somehow discount them way better than they do the solus game, which leads to Amazon matching their price and being the cheapest here for it by far, $115 matched.
Ubisoft don't tend to discount their season passes by much compared to the competition, usually you see 25% off by the time the roll out is done and single content packs sometimes hit 50% off.

EDIT: Oh also related to point one, EB in this case can't discount the Gold Edition so they threw in a steelbook and a little teddy bear to make it seem more worthwhile! I find this stuff very interesting since I rarely get access to distributor contacts to discuss all this wheeling and dealing behind the scenes.

c0e34b0f90254ffb9079035caf1e1455_Original.jpg

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Thanks Rep, I knew about the $115 deal at amazon (technically $120 if you want it on release day).

Still way too much for an edition that only gives you few days early access (I hate this trend to pay extra to play earlier) and cosmetics.

Also knowing the issues I had with Division 1 going physical, i'll prob just get D2 digital this time.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone here have any advice on telcos? I'm looking at getting one of the new Samsungs through Optus, basically because they're cheaper than Telstra and I'm pretty sure their coverage is better than Voda. Currently with Telstra on my iPhone SE.

OP
OP
jambo

jambo

Oct 25, 2017
The Woolies one is interesting.

Their really cheap deals are actually 3 year contracts instead of the usual 2.

They're also using the Telstra network, but missing some rural parts in the more remote areas. For instance, Telstra has full 4G coverage on the highway between Adelaide and Melbourne, but Woolies save money by missing out a big chunk once you get a few hours out of each city.

Also not sure how their support is compared to Telstra and Optus.

Oct 25, 2017
I want to upgrade from Windows SBS 2011.

We are a small outfit, less than ten people, in the construction drawing industry. All computers working off the server are local and in need of an upgrade (Windows 7) but that's not able to happen straight away.

I don't want to move into 'cloud' and that's all I seem to be hearing about. Are there any options for on-site traditional server storage these days?

My main opposition to cloud solutions are the file size of our documentation and overall security/ease of use.

Currently the server we have is a bog standard tower that is a bit creaky in its old age, and its overall size is less than a terabyte. Not adequate in 2019.

Thank you muchly!

hijukal

Oct 25, 2017
It would depend on what the SBS server is actually doing, however you can possibly replace it with a Synology or QNAP NAS. They do more than file storage and are a good buy for a small business.

Get a 5-bay Synology, put 5x10TB disks in it, using 2 as redundant disks and you'll have 30TB storage easily and can accommodate 2 failed disks... just make sure you have it backed up off-site somewhere too!

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
Likely picking up DMCV to play alongside the new PoE Expansion this month, I really want to get sekiro too but downloading that off mobile broadband is going to be a shit. 250gb for $100 on optus' network isn't going to be too bad for the month I hope. We burn through about 800gb a month on our current nbn plan :/

Anyone here have any advice on telcos? I'm looking at getting one of the new Samsungs through Optus, basically because they're cheaper than Telstra and I'm pretty sure their coverage is better than Voda. Currently with Telstra on my iPhone SE.

Telstra still has the best coverage, voda/optus are pretty similar in terms of coverage but voda pulls ahead with speed in metro areas. If you never venture out of metro areas I'd go Voda/Optus and then resellers. Issue with resellers is that they don't fully use the full network and that they often get deprioritised during peak times. Should also be noticed that Voda and optus share some towers but have diff equipment so coverage will be v. similar.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Telstra still has the best coverage, voda/optus are pretty similar in terms of coverage but voda pulls ahead with speed in metro areas. If you never venture out of metro areas I'd go Voda/Optus and then resellers. Issue with resellers is that they don't fully use the full network and that they often get deprioritised during peak times. Should also be noticed that Voda and optus share some towers but have diff equipment so coverage will be v. similar.
Woolworths have a stupidly good deal, on Telstra network I think
Ended up going for Woolies, only paying for the phone and if you cancel, you only pay the remainder of the phone outright. Also has 100gb data "bank" so if the plan I picked is too high, I can drop down once (per 12 months) after I've banked some data and just slowly burn through that for cheaper.

All I read about the Woolies network was that there is a 100mbps throughput cap (which I think can rarely be reached anyways), and the prioritisation thing doesn't bother me especially. Worst case, I can change back to Telstra and their stupidly high prices and only have to pay out the phone.

This is what I wound up getting, BTW:
sGrMOLZm.jpg

S10e, white, 10gb/month with "bonus" 15gb on signup and also bonus "school holidays" 20gb data every three months. Also, Woolies have $250 off for the handset if you go the full 24/36-months, AND the bonus buds (which will promptly be sold, I already have the Bose Soundsport Free buds). Money from buds will probably be used to buy this:

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
The Australian season for Rainbow Six Siege (Operation Burnt Horizon) launched yesterday, if anyone's interested. No better time to jump in! Especially with sales on the game happening ATM.