• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheForgotten

Oct 27, 2017
I think i saw something where Palmer spent more money on advertising in the last 2 weeks than Labor and Liberal combined. like last week was over $5M alone.

At least my seat stayed Greens, but where i grew up went a little more Libs. my Sisters seat stayed independent, but had a 3.5% swing to the Libs.

I would love to know what QId and Tas voters were thinking.

Oct 25, 2017
Totally understand the current flavour of this thread (and mood) but this is semi-related.

Has anybody had experience with Paypal limiting your account based on you potentiall being a 'politically exposed person'?

I'm butting heads with Paypal (I want to say locally but of course the call centre is probably located on the largest moon of Jupiter) for these reasons as I type this.

The thing is though I've been asked to go through this rigmarole before.

The gentlemen on the line could only provide basic info on the why-for's but apparently it has something to do with my sharing a name with someone who's either a politician, a judge, or similarly important. ASIC directive.

I'm ropable!

Aarglefarg

Oct 27, 2017
Delivery from EB Games, just for one game, is $15 for standard post! With a delivery estimate of 6 days from now.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't already working on it. Heck took them 6 years to get NPP onto Hogan and their subsidiaries still don't have it. Give it around a month or two.
I'm not fussed at all, I'm not with them so it's fine. But my wife is and even though she isn't exactly jonesing for it, the delay in introducing it is astounding.

BAN PUNCHER

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wd0u8Fz.gif

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
So Energy Australia has been holding us hostage for 4 months now with the gas bill.

We switched electricity back in January cause EA was ripping us off even with '40% discounts', and since then they have not sent us a gas bill.

Without the bill we can't make the switch to another retailer. They made number of excuses, like their system is down, the meter reader couldn't get access, etc.

We even paid them to have a meter reader sent out for a read, they promised he would come and someone stayed home during the day for a whole week but no one showed up. The actual read was finally done 3 weeks ago but still they have not sent us the bill.

Any idea what to do here? I guess I should just call/email the ombudsman on Monday.

Oct 25, 2017
VIC, AUSTRALIA
So Energy Australia has been holding us hostage for 4 months now with the gas bill.

We switched electricity back in January cause EA was ripping us off even with '40% discounts', and since then they have not sent us a gas bill.

Without the bill we can't make the switch to another retailer. They made number of excuses, like their system is down, the meter reader couldn't get access, etc.

We even paid them to have a meter reader sent out for a read, they promised he would come and someone stayed home during the day for a whole week but no one showed up. The actual read was finally done 3 weeks ago but still they have not sent us the bill.

Any idea what to do here? I guess I should just call/email the ombudsman on Monday.
Yeah go straight to the ombudsman, that's fucked up

lint2015

Oct 27, 2017

Four months is far too long, but why do you need a copy of the latest bill? All you need from the bill is the NMI and you can get that from any bill or logging into your account online.

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Four months is far too long, but why do you need a copy of the latest bill? All you need from the bill is the NMI and you can get that from any bill or logging into your account online.

For electricity, yes. For gas, we need the latest bill, have to show the new retailer that we have paid the old one till date.

As well as proof of last actual meter read.

Last edited:

lint2015

Oct 27, 2017
For electricity, yes. For gas, we need the latest bill, have to show the new retailer that we have paid the old one till date.

As well as proof of last actual meter read.
First I've heard of it. Maybe not the NMI but the meter no for the gas. I've never had to provide a new retailer with a copy of my latest bill when switching retailers and as far as I know you don't have to have settled with the old retailer to be connected to a new one?

The meter read, yeah usually that gets done automatically when you change retailers. I've never had to give the reading to a new retailer, can they not get the last read from the distributor in your area?

Also, maybe it varies from state to state.

Last edited:

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
First I've heard of it. Maybe not the NMI but the meter no for the gas. I've never had to provide a new retailer with a copy of my latest bill when switching providers and as far as I know you don't have to have settled with the old provider to be connected to a new one?

That's what I thought as well but I assume it differs between retailers and states (I'm in Vic). We were specifically told we that we needed a copy of the latest bill with actual read. EA has been sending us estimated bill all year and they really overestimate the bill, up to 5x at times. Our last 3 estimated gas bills in 2018 were around $600 each and actual read for what we paid was $130.

lint2015

Oct 27, 2017
That's what I thought as well but I assume it differs between retailers and states (I'm in Vic). We were specifically told we that we needed a copy of the latest bill with actual read. EA has been sending us estimated bill all year and they really overestimate the bill, up to 5x at times. Our last 3 estimated gas bills in 2018 were around $600 each and actual read for what we paid was $130.
I remember there were limits (at least in NSW) to how long they're allowed to give estimated reads before they have to obtain an actual reading (provided there is no obstructions preventing them from accessing the meter), but I have a slight migraine right now and can't find the info.

For Vic, it seems it may be 12 months: https://www.ewov.com.au/files/fact-sheet-03-estimated-bills-and-meter-access_0_0.pdf but you'd need to look into it further.

I've taken a retailer to the Ombudsman for whacked readings. Gather all your evidence and take photos of the actual meter if you feel you'll need to make a complaint.

mikezilla2

Oct 28, 2017
sure iv asked this before , but considering how shonky USB micro is ( ps4 controllers) any recommendations on cheap cabling have been using the 3 meter eBay ones for some time

mikezilla2

Oct 28, 2017
I'd also be interested. No brand one's are an absolute minefield, plus some work fine with phones but not with the DS4.

well some are for both data and charge were as others arnt .... but yea , other wise who would make 30 of those cables for cheap in custom lengths say 3 meters or more ?( waits for somone to post about that being false economy)

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
Tronsmart, Blitzwolf, Baseus and RAVPower generally make quality cables and other products.

Wire thickness/gauge is generally what matters, beware of thinner cables or cables pretending to use higher gauge by using a lot of plastic insulation. Unfortunately it's hard to tell just by going on pictures online.

mikezilla2

Oct 28, 2017
Tronsmart, Blitzwolf, Baseus and RAVPower generally make quality cables and other products.

Wire thickness/gauge is generally what matters, beware of thinner cables or cables pretending to use higher gauge by using a lot of plastic insulation. Unfortunately it's hard to tell just by going on pictures online.

any of those in 3 meter plus length ? :)

Deleted member 40102

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Been several months in Australia without weed.... if anyone know someone I could buy weed from in Canberra would make me so much happier :)

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Hah, people asking on a forum about weed. That's actually pretty funny.

I'd like to try and get some, mostly for my wife's nerve pain, but I clam up and get nervous when asking at the chemist for cold and flu medication with pseudo.

viciouskillersquirrel

Cheering your loss
Oct 25, 2017
Hah, people asking on a forum about weed. That's actually pretty funny.

I'd like to try and get some, mostly for my wife's nerve pain, but I clam up and get nervous when asking at the chemist for cold and flu medication with pseudo.
I legitimately wouldn't know who to ask. I have some cousins who are young enough to know people who know people, but I wouldn't want to potentially get them in trouble. I guess I could ask my ex whose cousin sold weed back in the day, but I haven't spoken to her in more than 10 years and I think she moved interstate. I could ask shady dudes in the valley if they're selling, but that's more likely to get someone as dorky as I am bashed and robbed rather than getting me in possession of any product.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
i got the real red rupees here if you got the goods

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
Acknowledging that this is open a real can of worms: what's the best approach to getting a dental check-up?

Haven't been in a couple years, wouldn't be surprised if I needed a couple fillings or something. Is it best to just book myself in, roll the dice and pay for what needs to be done? Or is it worth seeking some kind of dental cover/insurance? Early 20s male, I know nothing about taking care of myself thx :)

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Do you already have private health insurance? I'm guessing no, but just covering bases

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Fun times. Looking to move back to Australia soon. no prob. I want to bring my cat with me. Jesus H christ this is an expensive pain in the arse. Not bringing the cat back with me is not an option but holy shitballs at the red tape and the costs. Fucking stressful in every way.

just needed to vent to people who aren't going to tell me to dump the cat. I've already done one international move with him and that was bad enough but fucking hell.

Oct 25, 2017
VIC, AUSTRALIA
Fun times. Looking to move back to Australia soon. no prob. I want to bring my cat with me. Jesus H christ this is an expensive pain in the arse. Not bringing the cat back with me is not an option but holy shitballs at the red tape and the costs. Fucking stressful in every way.

just needed to vent to people who aren't going to tell me to dump the cat. I've already done one international move with him and that was bad enough but fucking hell.
Cats are great!

viciouskillersquirrel

Cheering your loss
Oct 25, 2017
Acknowledging that this is open a real can of worms: what's the best approach to getting a dental check-up?

Haven't been in a couple years, wouldn't be surprised if I needed a couple fillings or something. Is it best to just book myself in, roll the dice and pay for what needs to be done? Or is it worth seeking some kind of dental cover/insurance? Early 20s male, I know nothing about taking care of myself thx :)
You really should have insurance if your income is anywhere approaching the Medicare levy threshold or you're near 30. Otherwise, maybe paying full price for a one-off visit is going to be cheaper over the course of a year than the insurance plus extras.

Insurance with basic extras is worth it if you wear glasses, need dental or ever need physio, but don't fall for the extras that give you "free" massages and whatnot. They almost always have limits on them that mean that it'll be cheaper for you to just pay for the massages full price.