• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 28, 2017
Daley (or NSW Labor really) sucks donkey balls.

Still a large enough swing against the LNP that Shorten is still likely going to take Morrison's job.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Daley should never have been made leader. Enough with the old white man especially those who still have the stench of corruption all over them. Also how's about focusing on something other than stadiums? Climate change is rapidly becoming one of the key issues and they basically didn't mention it.

NSW labor are just so incompetent. NSW politics in general is a shambles.

jambo

Oct 25, 2017
So.... last nights Q&A...

This

rMqvbJL.gif

for an hour

Deleted member 25600

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
One Nation has been caught soliciting political donations from the NRA and advice on how to undermine Australia's gun laws.

https://www.news.com.au/national/po...y/news-story/81aa8f50df99c15f5f6fb16a7fdc0b1c

The secret footage reveals Pauline Hanson's chief of staff James Ashby and One Nation's Queensland leader Steve Dickson seeking political donations and exploring ways to undermine Australia's gun laws.

"We get the balance of power, very simply that means that we have the testicles of the government in our hand at every given stage," Mr Dickson says in the footage. "And guns, in the scheme of things, are still going to be the be-all and end-all."

In a separate meeting, Mr Dickson tells the NRA that One Nation "lacks money" and lacks "people on the ground", and requests that they "point us in the right direction".
The NRA set them up with energy giant Koch Industries, a company that makes massive political donations to conservative causes.
Asked by Muller how much money they were after, the One Nation pair suggested anywhere between $10 and $20 million.
"If we get to a point where we can talk about figures, what sort of number are you guys thinking?" asked Muller.
"I'm thinking 10," said Mr Dickson.
"No, I was thinking 20," said Mr Ashby.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
One Nation has been caught soliciting political donations from the NRA and advice on how to undermine Australia's gun laws.

https://www.news.com.au/national/po...y/news-story/81aa8f50df99c15f5f6fb16a7fdc0b1c

"If it gets out, it'll f**king rock the boat," Mr Ashby said. "This s**t goes through my head every single minute of my day."

In another instance, he mentioned he "always keeps a private email … because work emails are never private".

Lmao you couldn't make this shit up.

Ashby is a little toad but he's clearly trying to grift them here promising way more influence than they could ever deliver. Even funnier he's being grifted right back.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
There's no point laying out an economic vision if people have no confidence you won't just up end your leadership and change direction in a few months.

A budget can't fix the issue.

Aarglefarg

Oct 27, 2017
Fraser Anning's comments after the Christchurch massacre have been censured. Cory Bernardi voted against that motion and One Nation abstained. Anning was not present.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
He stayed for the speeches but ducked out as the vote was happening because he's a heaps alpha fascist bloke who doesn't have a glass jaw

Oct 28, 2017
But free speech.

I don't know Bernardi's justification but I'm willing to bet $5 that he's going to bring out the "he's a shitty Nazi and said some really awful things but this is censorship and political correctness gone mad" routine that conservatives always trot out when one of their own says something "controversial".

It really isn't any different from Bernardi arguing against 18C.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
What was the verdict on Shorten's budget reply? Seemed pretty solid to me compared to Frydenberg's, but I'm largely biased against fuckwits.

Deleted member 25600

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
fAw5gua.png

What was the verdict on Shorten's budget reply? Seemed pretty solid to me compared to Frydenberg's, but I'm largely biased against fuckwits.

I'm not sold on the Labor promise of surplus. I get their reasoning, that it would be beneficial in a potential difficult future economy in order to allow the government to spend its way out of recession. But at the same time I don't like the idea of a surplus because it means we are being taxed more than is needed for a potential future event that may not happen.

viciouskillersquirrel

Cheering your loss
Oct 25, 2017
fAw5gua.png

I'm not sold on the Labor promise of surplus. I get their reasoning, that it would be beneficial in a potential difficult future economy in order to allow the government to spend its way out of recession. But at the same time I don't like the idea of a surplus because it means we are being taxed more than is needed for a potential future event that may not happen.
I personally am all for surpluses to be put into a sovereign wealth fund, one that can be drawn upon in times of high unemployment. A set of market-ready infrastructure project proposals should also be maintained so that full employment during bad times doesn't dip to catastrophic levels. Then ease off when the economy is back on track, raising taxes during the peak.

It'd be good policy (and actual good economic management), but one that requires longer term planning than our democracy is capable of, so it'll never happen. Recessions happen, as do boom times. Smoothing out the peaks and troughs would improve the well being of all Australians.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
Morrison has gone to the Governor General this morning which means an election is imminent, May 18th appears the likely date.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Fucking finally. I guess Morrison realised that giving people more time until the announcement is actually a bad thing, because it allows more time for the LNP to fuck themselves.

jey_16

Oct 28, 2017
The fact that both parties are prioritising tax cuts over investing in the future of the country is so disappointing. I shouldn't be surprised considering the media discussion this week has been focused on why I and other voters be worse off under Labour but it's just so short sighted

Instead of mortgaging the farm so they can win one more term, maybe try paying down national debt, putting more dollars into the future fund, investing in real infrastructure that will be built within the next few years rather then more toll roads and pie in the sky schemes such as fast rail that will never see the light of day

It's just really depressing sometimes

bobnowhere

Oct 26, 2017
Elsewhere for 8 minutes
The fact that both parties are prioritising tax cuts over investing in the future of the country is so disappointing. I shouldn't be surprised considering the media discussion this week has been focused on why I and other voters be worse off under Labour but it's just so short sighted

Instead of mortgaging the farm so they can win one more term, maybe try paying down national debt, putting more dollars into the future fund, investing in real infrastructure that will be built within the next few years rather then more toll roads and pie in the sky schemes such as fast rail that will never see the light of day

It's just really depressing sometimes

It's mostly a symptom of an ailing economy.

We are already in a GDP/person recession, neither party will admit it or even admit it's a thing, but immigration is the only thing keeping the country afloat atm. But both parties want to cut immigration in a vain attempt to appease the masses who have been convinced that immigrants are the reason for congestion and not abysmal city planning and a concerted under spend in infrastructure. There was almost a recession just before the housing market crashed, one negative quarter followed by a very poor one. If that had happened in this market, boom recession.

So we have massive stiumulus tax cuts, an increased effort to get business to spend money even though investment is crashing, no wage growth, chronic underemployment and nonsense predicted growth figures resulting in supluses that can only come with dramatic spending cuts. You though the 2014 budget was bad, if SloMo gets in the 2020 budget will be worse and then we'll have two years of lies to try and win the next election. Rinse and repeat.

bomma man

Oct 25, 2017
Morrison announces a freeze on refugee intake.

Shorten: well, immigration has actually increased under this Liberal government, something something taking our jobs

Hahaha, this sucks man