• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
Has anyone ever been to that Fantastic Arcade thingy that Wiley Wiggins got set up? What's that like exactly? Also, are there any normal like Arcades in Austin anymore? I feel like the only cabinets I find are the ones in Laundry Mats. ;_;

Pinballz has three different locations now. They all have some video games set up too. Or you could hit Dave & Busters and their overpriced shit.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
I was just messing with her. As if Austin does anything to mitigate icy roads lololololololol

I know they spray the overpasses, but usually by the time they're done the ice has already melted.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
BTW I worked with (unofficially) Felicia on the Stop the signal viral for dollhouse and she's a sweetheart and an honest geek I promise.

Yeah she's great. At her QA session there was the usual Insta response to common questions. But then this guy that studied math with her showed up, she recognized him, rushed out and hugged him and apologized about her stinky burritos at school at UT Austin .

She's the real deal, but Val Kilmer didn't show up. What up with that?

Edit: Could you link me to that work that helped out with. I don't recognize but I'm interested.

Last edited:

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
If any of you all would like to meet up again at Pinballz original or near Lakeline, let me know. The meetup that I host with a bunch of my friends once rotated there before low turnout, but we can again.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Southern edge of Salado. I have a farm out here. My in-laws are in San Antonio, so we pass through Austin on a regular basis.

Cool.

I can see myself moving out there in 10 years because Austin is gentrifying so hard it's like historic Kenny McCormick sodosopa. Property taxes are going to be greater than my initial mortgage by then.

Also seems that my employer has blacklisted resetera for VPN, so I had to briefly log off. Weird considering they never did it with GAF. Anyway back to work.

gilko79

Oct 27, 2017
Ivalice
Yeah, honestly, I miss living in the city. Born and raised in Miami, made stops in Orlando, Jacksonville, and most recently Atlanta. Met my wife (who's from here) and took a huge step out of my comfort zone by moving out onto this farm. It's family land, so it's not like we are all alone out here. But still. Pretty big life change. It definitely has its advantages, though. A thousand or so acres to ourselves makes for some serious peace and quiet. My son loves it here, too. So it's all good. And like I said, still close enough to the city that we can make the drive over with ease.

My biggest gripe is the piss-poor internet options. Satellite can only do so much.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Yeah, honestly, I miss living in the city. Born and raised in Miami, made stops in Orlando, Jacksonville, and most recently Atlanta. Met my wife (who's from here) and took a huge step out of my comfort zone by moving out onto this farm. It's family land, so it's not like we are all alone out here. But still. Pretty big life change. It definitely has its advantages, though. A thousand or so acres to ourselves makes for some serious peace and quiet. My son loves it here, too. So it's all good. And like I said, still close enough to the city that we can make the drive over with ease.

My biggest gripe is the piss-poor internet options. Satellite can only do so much.

A thousand acres even out there has got to be more property taxes than my meager quarter acre, which is just enough space for the HOA to complain about something frivolous.

Congrats though. I was living the single life in an apartment just a few years ago. I can relate to the rapid life change.

gilko79

Oct 27, 2017
Ivalice
A thousand acres even out there has got to be more property taxes than my meager quarter acre, which is just enough space for the HOA to complain about something frivolous.

Congrats though. I was living the single life in an apartment just a few years ago. I can relate to the rapid life change.

Property taxes were definitely an eye opener for me. We had never lived in anything larger than a zero lot line townhome growing up.

Anyways, I digress. Been living out here for a decade now and still can't figure out the weather/season schedule. How the hell can people go through 30 or sometimes 40 degree temperature swings in a single day and not get sick? It wreaks havoc on my sinuses.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Salado is a beautiful, quaint little town. The wife and I passed by there heading north to Dallas and had lunch at a restaurant I can't remember the name of. I guess it was in the old town part. Lovely place. Everytime I head north though, Czech Stop in West TX is an absolute must stop place for their tasty kolaches.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I'm also not sure how you'd safely raise kids on 1000 acres of rural Texas land.

I'm originally from Ohio, where you can treat grass like carpet and roll around in it. I guess Lyme disease is a threat.

But in Texas you have fire ants, scorpions, snakes, etc. Then again if you're from Florida I guess you win with deadly nature.

OP
OP
Timeaisis

Timeaisis

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
RIP Verts. I hate everything they've done to this place the past year. Completely lost it's identity, and now it's the Chipotle of Mediterranean food.

I think they renamed it Noon or some shit???

LuxCommander

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Jeez... Yeah, I've been off the Verts train since they dumped corn. I used to crave the place like nothing else back in college (also helped that it was right across the street from the communications building at UT), but nowadays... It's just depressing to look at.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I never cared for Vert's personally but the wife really likes that joint. They closed the S Lamar location some time ago I think. I tried Chilito for the first time the other day. Decent breakfast tacos.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Verts was great once upon a time. It was still the original owners back when they opened the Anderson Mill location, but the Parmer/35 location was never up to par. I'm assuming once they got a check large enough they took off for the hills.

fenners

Oct 27, 2017
Loved Verts when it first launched, but yeah, they're trying to go mainstream. Not even selling beef/lamb mix now :(

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
ohai. New to Austin (Moved back in March) and getting used to all the food around here.

fenners

Oct 27, 2017
WHAT!?
That was like...their whole thing.

Jeez...I haven't been in a few months. Ugh.

"Our customers want more healthy options" is what I got told. It's a kebab, people.

Thankfully we still get a couple of good kebab food trucks at work semi-regularly - nothing fancy, but solid tastes.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Well, winter finally came! Lol. Be sure to cover your plants tonight as it's gonna get below freezing this evening. Stay warm guys. ;_;7

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Careful driving. It's mixed precipitation this evening, wasn't really forecasted, and Austin drivers are completely inept at driving in this.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Howdy y'all. Toronto native that moved to San Antonio permanently to live with my wife about 4 months ago. The heat is disgusting and Your cold is laughable. Pleasure to join your ranks c:

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Yea the weather forecasts fucked up. Temps dropping fast, heavy winter precipt for hours. People are going to die on the roads tonight, I'd stay in.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Check Google maps with traffic. Red everywhere. Even 130. And it's hitting 32F in a ton of areas. Definitely a Netflix night.

Remember that South Park with nursing home drivers? That's Austin right now.