• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Etrian Oddity

Oct 26, 2017
The Tatsuya guys must be doing well. Opening a Fourth restaurant in North Austin.
I mean he's someone who deserves to succeed. His restaurant design/decor is top-notch, his food is fantastic, and his beer/liquor selection is classy as fuck (Hitachino Yuzu Lager... omg).

Tatsu's the real Japanese chef phenom of Austin, not Tyson/Hai Hospitality. Although Fukumoto is leagues better than Kemuri.

House_Of_Lightning

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I mean he's someone who deserves to succeed. His restaurant design/decor is top-notch, his food is fantastic, and his beer/liquor selection is classy as fuck (Hitachino Yuzu Lager... omg).

Tatsu's the real Japanese chef phenom of Austin, not Tyson/Hai Hospitality. Although Fukumoto is leagues better than Kemuri.

Depends on what I feel like. More going out for drinks and snacks? Kemuri, even though it's really pricey. Though they do keep some good Japanee whisky's in stock (usually, they were out the other night of my favorites). Their highball machine is fun when it works.

Those margins on his ramen bowls have to be insane too.

Good on the guy for making a place that sell's chicken hearts and squid guts work so well.

Etrian Oddity

Oct 26, 2017
Depends on what I feel like. More going out for drinks and snacks? Kemuri, even though it's really pricey. Though they do keep some good Japanee whisky's in stock (usually, they were out the other night of my favorites). Their highball machine is fun when it works.

Those margins on his ramen bowls have to be insane too.

Good on the guy for making a place that sell's chicken hearts and squid guts work so well.
For me the yakitori just is forgettable. The smoked duck breast is amazing; but the negima, pork belly, and actual tare sauce is miles better at Fukumoto. I'm pretty sure Kemuri doesn't use charcoals and uses a gas grill, too.

That said... yep, I love their drink selection. Sweet potato shochu, please!

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
What Indian restaurants do y'all like to hit up? Preferably one that has a lunch buffet. After all these years, I still like to hit up Taj Majal off 290 and 35. I'd like to branch out though.

Etrian Oddity

Oct 26, 2017

This made me smile.

I haven't been to Austin for a while, but just writing to say I love you guys. You Austinites are all such great people.
Not everywhere, dawg.

I hate to rag on the popular "fuck out-of-towners," but there's a lot of bad habits and rudeness that have been injected into Austin these past few years. I said hi to a passing guy on the street and this motherfucker asked "do I know you?" Told that guy to gtf back to Malibu or LA or wherever he came from.

The neighborhood I just moved to is better about this, thank god.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
Not everywhere, dawg.

I hate to rag on the popular "fuck out-of-towners," but there's a lot of bad habits and rudeness that have been injected into Austin these past few years. I said hi to a passing guy on the street and this motherfucker asked "do I know you?" Told that guy to gtf back to Malibu or LA or wherever he came from.

The neighborhood I just moved to is better about this, thank god.

Eh, you run into jerks everywhere, that jerk will probably be gone in a few years at though.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
I also just found out Idiocracy was filmed in Austin.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
No but some dickhead thought it was a good idea lighting up a super load firework right across the street from my house at like 2am and the baby woke up and freaked out my dogs. If those dude lit one more I would've went out there in my underwear and raised hell. I was waiting for it...

Really hate the Fourth of July

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico

The National Weather Service in Austin/San Antonio has issued a
Heat Advisory, which is in effect from 1 PM this afternoon to
8 PM CDT this evening.

* HEAT INDEX VALUES ...Up to 110 due to temperatures in the upper
90s, and dewpoints in the lower 70s.

* TIMING ...This afternoon through the early evening.

* IMPACTS ...Dangerously high temperatures and humidity could
quickly cause heat stress or heat stroke if precautions are
not taken.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Each day is about 70 seconds shorter in sunlight. This pleases me. Can't wait for October and 9 months of weather that isn't this shit.

Oct 26, 2017
So, we had an appliance repair man come to our house to look into why a cloudy white film was being left on our dishes after the dishwasher ran. This has been a new reoccurrence for us and it was driving the lady and I mad

Lo and behold, nothing wrong with the machine and the technician says the water in the area is hard. I feel like a dumbass instantaneously because the concept did not occur to me until now.

Any of you have this issue in your area?

He suggested wash with a small cup of vinegar on top and bottom shelf. Sure enough, the last three cycles have come out spotless

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
We use one of those rinse aids like Jet Dry, and that seems to have taken care of it.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
So, we had an appliance repair man come to our house to look into why a cloudy white film was being left on our dishes after the dishwasher ran. This has been a new reoccurrence for us and it was driving the lady and I mad

Lo and behold, nothing wrong with the machine and the technician says the water in the area is hard. I feel like a dumbass instantaneously because the concept did not occur to me until now.

He suggested wash with a small cup of vinegar on top and bottom shelf. Sure enough, the last three cycles have come out spotless
When I lived in Kyle we had hard water. I remember we had to do something with our dishes but it's been like 5 years I forgot

Oct 26, 2017

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like minigolfing or bowling but have never gone in Austin despite living here 8 years. Any good ones? I know of Peter Pan golf but that's it.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
Just learned that UT Tower was originally supposed to be an extension of the main library. Cool.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places

Yes it is worse in the burbs. Pretty much everyone has a water softener. If you get one, buy it from Lowe's or home depot and hire someone to plum it, way cheaper than the sales people.

First rain in a month and it dodged us. Damn. Hopefully that means the dry season is near its end.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Been seeing a ton of New York plates lately, nearly as much Californians. Was in east 6th today and I overhear about some life story about realizing how awesome Austin is and how they just moved here.

Stap

But by far the most amazing is that I saw a Hawaii plate last week.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
So hot

I test drove a brand new car today. I may cave and buy just so I can have that freezing A/C.