• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

bulbasort

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I just recently had to get a used Honda Fit, and the AC really can't keep up. My old Civic was better.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Oof, $358 this month our highest yet. It will probably be $300 next month, nights are getting g longer and I think the 100+ days have maybe a week more at most.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kind of shocked that piece of shit at Pease Park hasn't made national news.

Apparently he bought his rifle from the guy who always goes on the news advocating for gun rights. When the background check was run, the arrest warrant and protection order issued in Houston weeks before didn't show up.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm kind of shocked that piece of shit at Pease Park hasn't made national news.

Apparently he bought his rifle from the guy who always goes on the news advocating for gun rights. When the background check was run, the arrest warrant and protection order issued in Houston weeks before didn't show up.

He didn't kill anyone, so local news wont give a shit.

Anyway to anyone curious, here's the story

Oof, $358 this month our highest yet. It will probably be $300 next month, nights are getting g longer and I think the 100+ days have maybe a week more at most.

We paid $276 in July and i had the thermostat fixed at 73. I programmed it to drop during peak heat hours. I need to check my meter to see how much KWH ive used so far and calculate what im on pace to being billed in a week. I hate that COA has a graph shaming me for going over the average usage. Jerks

Etrian Oddity

Oct 26, 2017
Fox7's prime story this evening is a back-and-forth with Adler and opponents of his homeless camping bill. Surprise surprise, Adler and his councilmen are on an island right now, that town hall was pretty rough for him.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Autumn please hurry. I don't understand how we are still hitting 100+ when every day has been over 2 minutes less daylight for a couple weeks now.

Etrian Oddity

Oct 26, 2017
Y'all watching the Longhorns game tonight?? Or rather, who managed to avoid the scrum? I ride the bus past DKR, I'm so happy I had today off.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I'm sort of getting a break from the heat. Wife and I suddenly started getting chills within 15 minutes of each other. Yay mild food poisoning. It's like 80 inside and I'm shivering under a blanket and yet it is comfortable in a way.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sort of getting a break from the heat. Wife and I suddenly started getting chills within 15 minutes of each other. Yay mild food poisoning. It's like 80 inside and I'm shivering under a blanket and yet it is comfortable in a way.
Did you post about this on Nextdoor?

deafmedal

Oct 25, 2017
"Tomorrow is forecasted to be much cooler than today"

Then tomorrow is like fuck you its 102.
I've been in El Paso since the end of March for work, coming home for weekends every 3 or so weeks. I honestly expected August to be fairly ridiculous but it has been (in my mind) a fairly nice summer compared to what my wife has told me about at home. For example, today didn't get out of the 80's.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I've been in El Paso since the end of March for work, coming home for weekends every 3 or so weeks. I honestly expected August to be fairly ridiculous but it has been (in my mind) a fairly nice summer compared to what my wife has told me about at home. For example, today didn't get out of the 80's.

Hm weird. Maybe the jet stream has changed seasons but there's a stubborn high pressure in central texas.

For Austin over the last 3 weeks the forecast is 94 to 98 but then the next day it's 100+. Driving me nuts but I know it'll end soon.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, I walked to lunch

... and now it's raining -_-

Last edited:

SolmisateSol

Nov 2, 2017
Got the damn flu

In early September

I got the flu last week too, I used to never get sick and now it seems like a bi-monthly thing, da fuck is happening to my body.

Also this weather is sooooo nice. Between the temperature and the algae in town lake there was zero incentive to go outside. I just hope this trend continues enough to go camping sometime soon.

Etrian Oddity

Oct 26, 2017
That geek Matthew Odam ripped Oseyo to shreds in his review.... sounds like he went on a night with brand-new line cooks, because his descriptions of the execution were totally different than when I ate there.

I'd ignore his review. I ate there a month ago and would absolutely come back. Their grilled mackerel was fantastic.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Yeah, ragweed for me.

I had a sinuplasty for snoring a year ago, opened up my nose, I swear half the improved breathing has been consumed by inflammation from increased pollen due to the breathing.

Oct 26, 2017
Do you take constructive criticism?

Depends, sure. Is Galveston that bad?

Yeah, ragweed for me.

I had a sinuplasty for snoring a year ago, opened up my nose, I swear half the improved breathing has been consumed by inflammation from increased pollen due to the breathing.

I didn't know ragweed season was here so soon as I usuallyreact to it in October. Huh. Anyway I have an appointment in the morning to test if that's what's the cause or if I have allergy symptoms masking something that's actually viral in nature.

Last edited:

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Looks like a long overdue cooldown is projected in 1 week. 15 degree cooldown to around the actual mean high/lows.

It's not just us, Kentucky is apparently basically at the same temperature as us and also is getting the cooldown tho a larger one.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Right now we're in that awkward period where it's just slightly cooler but everybody is still blasting the A/C at full power. Stores are soooo cold.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
It really hasn't rained in my neighborhood since early July. Greenbelt is scorched, nothing growing.

Another line of scattered storms disappeared before they hit west pflugerville lol.

Last edited:

fenners

Oct 27, 2017
It really hasn't rained in my neighborhood since early July. Greenbelt is scorched, nothing growing.

Another line of scattered storms disappeared before they hit west pflugerville lol.

I've had smatterings of rain in the past couple of days, but always when I left the Pflug' :(

Oct 26, 2017
Full blast of 75 degrees on my AC until the weather drops to 75 degrees.

edit: oh i see now. next week scheduled to be in the 80s? yes!

Oct 26, 2017

Not going to lie, Kinda with Abbot (fucking ugh) putting pressure on Adler to do something about the homelessness problem though let's be honest, the fucking state hasn't done anything about it either and Abbot could have tackled this any time. Driving up to 183 is so foreign to me now with all the tents popping up all over the place.

This state man, I swear. 2nd least vaccinated state, ranked shitty for education, homelessness and child poverty.

Etrian Oddity

Oct 26, 2017

Not going to lie, Kinda with Abbot (fucking ugh) putting pressure on Adler to do something about the homelessness problem though let's be honest, the fucking state hasn't done anything about it either and Abbot could have tackled this any time. Driving up to 183 is so foreign to me now with all the tents popping up all over the place.

This state man, I swear. 2nd least vaccinated state, ranked shitty for education, homelessness and child poverty.
Dude I work downtown. It's disgusting, you literally see human shit and piss every other block.

Adler is a joke, he has no idea what he's doing, and he's listening to NO ONE.

...you know what? Actually, I'm happy that all our out-of-state/out-of-town tourists will come this month for ACL and see just how nasty Austin is becoming. This is not the way to help homelessness, and I imagine after the big events we'll see a turning of the tide in how businesses and tourists view Austin.

Oct 26, 2017
Dude I work downtown. It's disgusting, you literally see human shit and piss every other block.

Adler is a joke, he has no idea what he's doing, and he's listening to NO ONE.

...you know what? Actually, I'm happy that all our out-of-state/out-of-town tourists will come this month for ACL and see just how nasty Austin is becoming. This is not the way to help homelessness, and I imagine after the big events we'll see a turning of the tide in how businesses and tourists view Austin.

We'll have to see how Adler responds to Abbot. He was asked to put up new ideas by Nov 1st

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so glad I never have to go south of 183.

I remember my first year of living here I spent so much time downtown, even around pre-hipster Rainey Street. I never once felt uncomfortable, but now it's all different :(

bulbasort

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've been seeing all these "Support Law Enforcement" stickers up on poles everywhere, gross. I don't know how to take them down since they're so high up though.