• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I admit, reddit is one of those things that I've refused to learn because I'm getting older and I think forums are better organized. I guess the reddit format makes more sense with mass scale, but I still don't like it.

Firebricks

Jan 27, 2018
Despite no school and people going on vacations and such, today's traffic suuuuuuuuucked. Stupid rain...

fenners

Oct 27, 2017
Another big boondoggle of an employer by 130 in Pflugerville with a sweetheart tax deal?! Say it ain't so! :( We'll get jobs repairing the robots, right?

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Another big boondoggle of an employer by 130 in Pflugerville with a sweetheart tax deal?! Say it ain't so! :( We'll get jobs repairing the robots, right?

No. But we will get to pay more taxes to repair the roads that Amazon graces its presence on, and that'll create hundreds of recurring contract jobs. But those people probably live in manor for affordability.

Half of pflugerville's public schools are either shit or average. Should be spending money on that instead. Once we have our first kid we're doing private for elementary.

What's super frustrating about the roads is that when amazon opens 130 will just have been expanded to adequately handle the boom from pflugerville and Hutto. About 70k people commute on 130 daily because 35 is full.

Maybe we'll get Buccees as a silver lining.

Last edited:

SolmisateSol

Nov 2, 2017
Is it shitty that my first thought when I heard "severe weather" was OH GOD TRAFFIC.

Anyways stay safe if it gets rough everyone.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I'm afraid that we'll get an early spring and then an ice storm to fuck it all over. Going to warm up and be stormy highs in the mid 70s, lows in the 60s for this week. That's the kind of weather that will trigger growth.

At least the cedar pollen is washed away. Not gone, but the peak is definitely over. Another wave of rain and it'll be low until next Winter.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Elm pollen starting nearly 3 weeks ahead of schedule. Looks like early Spring is coming.
allergy-calendar.bmp

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
i have yet to try one but i work here at a doctors office and everyone comes in to get one. popular stuff
Assuming you're talking about immunotherapy, it's a huge time and cost commitment, and in the end it got too bothersome to deal with. I didn't notice any changes after I went cold turkey, so I guess I got as good as I was going to get.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I've been waiting for a hard freeze to kill off bees and flowers on some sages in my yard. Giving up on that, going to do it tomorrow during the rain. Putting down weed cloth, mulch, and a retaining wall.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Weeds are out of control at my house, but I used up yesterday to redo the rock bed around my tree. I really want to spray glyphosate in my backyard, but this weekend's temperatures were too cold.

Oct 27, 2017
Omaha
Anyone hear a LOUD humming sound coming from the sky last night? We're out by 2222/mopac. Around 5 am, lasting a few minutes. It was too high pitch and steady to be a helicopter, but it did seem to "move" as the sound gradually faded off into the distance. It sounded like a distant severe weather alert horn at first.

Woke both of us up, and my boyfriend is a heavy sleeper. We looked out windows all around our place and couldn't see a thing in the sky.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
The reporters yelling about the economic ramifications during that press conference were embarrassing. Like, sure, there is going to be some economic ramification, but people also can't spend money if they are dead, so...

Yeah, something like $330 million lost, but suppose 2% of 2M die, that's 20k people. So not canceling is valuing human life at $16.5k. And we'd have a lot of deaths considering we don't have a lot of hospital capacity for that many sick people.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I got a couple friends who rely on SXSW related work for a big portion of their income. This really sucks.

pirata

Oct 25, 2017
No confirmed cases of the virus in the city, yet, right? Though I have no doubts it's already here undetected.

...And I started coughing up a storm and my nose started running an hour or so ago. A little better now. Hoping that it's the oak pollen and that I'm not among the first wave of Austin cases.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
My employer is forcing everyone to work from home Friday as a trial run. I work from home nearly every day so business as normal for me.

I feel like a lot of people don't know how to code and interact with people if they're not in person. Honestly when you're inter-department and inter-branch, Microsoft Teams is exponentially faster than walking to people's desks or email.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My employer is forcing everyone to work from home Friday as a trial run. I work from home nearly every day so business as normal for me.

I feel like a lot of people don't know how to code and interact with people if they're not in person. Honestly when you're inter-department and inter-branch, Microsoft Teams is exponentially faster than walking to people's desks or email.
I work from home anyways but my gf was instructed to work from home for the foreseeable future. Tbh in tech it doesn't really make much difference for productivity.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
So jealous of you guys. That's the problem with working in tech for a non-tech company.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Coronavirus is here, 2 confirmed cases and a hospitalization.

Which means there's probably dozens to hundreds of actual cases.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I'm at a walgreens 24 hours to pickup meds. I do it around 645 am typically to avoid the rush. Pharmacist phone keeps blowing up, people asking for thermometers in stock and hysteric questions like if they're going to die.

It's barely 7AM, the panic has just begun.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Yeah kids daycare closed today. Took work off no prob today but man I wonder what the hell we're gonna do if they continue to close his daycare. Gonna enlist the grandparents I guess

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
There's real precautions to take and then there's hysteria. Apparently Pflugerville Costco is out of meat.

Ranches and farming is still operating normally, god damn people.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Same with Lakeline Sam's. Well, there are still a few tomahawk steaks as of an hour ago.

We just bought enough to get through the next week. Might grill this weekend.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I was going to buy tickets to Terror Fest / Oblivion Access but now I'm thinking I shouldn't bother...

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I mean, I think I'll go at 6 AM on Tuesday or something when no one is there. Probably be restocked. Unlike toilet paper there's only so much storage space at home for perishables.

bulbasort

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I went to HEB yesterday and the canned goods, pasta, rice, etc were all raided and picked over.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Jeez, I hate to give in and stock up, but when supplies are low it makes you feel like you have to.