• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If Chisholm takes a Liberal seat, I'd be highly disappointed in the people of Australia. Gladys is crap. Literally.
If LNPs win another term, I've lost all respect in the Australian people.

bomma man

Oct 25, 2017
Can apparently get a lot of arbitrage betting on Queensland seats atm. Bookies aren't as sure about Labor's chances up there anymore.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
These are the last five Newspolls against the 2016 election. Government going backwards everywhere but NSW from the looks of it.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
So disappointing seeing that increase in ON votes. You would like to think after everything that has happened that ON and UAP would get fuck all votes but that would be giving voters too much credit.

Also sad to see the greens going nowhere despite environmental issues really starting to become major issues. I'm not sure how much is because of the attacks from conservatives (essentially make 'green' a dirty word) and how much is because of he incompetence of the greens but it's disheartening either way.

Can apparently get a lot of arbitrage betting on Queensland seats atm. Bookies aren't as sure about Labor's chances up there anymore.

I don't know why but for some reason I assumed it would be illegal to bet on elections and it actually kinda shocks me that you can. Doesn't that open up the possibility or rigging the election or changing votes to try and make money?

Window

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know why but for some reason I assumed it would be illegal to bet on elections and it actually kinda shocks me that you can. Doesn't that open up the possibility or rigging the election or changing votes to try and make money?
I don't understand the lax gambling laws in Australia in general tbh. Punting (unfortunately) seems inherent to Aussie culture.

Rlan

Oct 27, 2017
Wellington, New Zealand
Am voting Green via New Zealand, but have been watching an old schoolmate Nadia Clancy doing her work down in Boothby in Adelaide. Seems like she's doing a lot down there, but it's going to be a tough one.

If anything it's very clear how much it's impossible to actually read anything about Adelaide from outside of Adelaide. Advertiser had a front page thing on her which I can't read because I'd need a subscription, but I'd never pay for that shit of a mag.

Cup O' Tea?

Nov 2, 2017
I don't understand the lax gambling laws in Australia in general tbh. Punting (unfortunately) seems inherent to Aussie culture.
It's so much worse than it used to be too. Gambling advertising absolutely saturates sporting broadcasts these days. It's disgusting.

Am voting Green via New Zealand, but have been watching an old schoolmate Nadia Clancy doing her work down in Boothby in Adelaide. Seems like she's doing a lot down there, but it's going to be a tough one.

If anything it's very clear how much it's impossible to actually read anything about Adelaide from outside of Adelaide. Advertiser had a front page thing on her which I can't read because I'd need a subscription, but I'd never pay for that shit of a mag.
Nadia is still annoying as hell but I'll vote for her. Fuck voting for that climate change denying stooge Nicole Flint.

Last edited:

Aarglefarg

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully Jason Ball (Greens) can win in Higgins.
New polling in the Victorian seat of Higgins suggests the Greens candidate, Jason Ball, could take the seat from the Liberals in a major upset on 18 May.

An interview poll of 400 respondents in Higgins undertaken for the Greens by Environmental Research & Counsel puts Ball in the lead on the two-party-preferred calculation, even though the Greens' primary vote is one point behind Labor.

The Liberal vote in the survey is languishing on 36%, Labor is on 30% and the Greens are on 29%. Liberal strategists say if the primary vote in Higgins falls below 45% either Labor or the Greens will take the seat, which has been held by retiring cabinet minister Kelly O'Dwyer since 2009.
https://www.theguardian.com/austral...greens-could-take-seat-from-liberals-in-upset

I've known about him since 2009 or 2010 and have been following his achievements since then. He'd be great in the House of Representatives.
A list of his achievements: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Ball_(activist)

bobnowhere

Oct 26, 2017
Elsewhere for 8 minutes
UAP candidates are having trouble finding volunteers, even paid ones to manage booths. Paying homeless people $100 for the day. Their preferences will go all over the place.

They didn't have one at my canberra prepoll. Just ALP, Libs (senator Zed himself, he spent a while talking to the old couple in front that thought the ALP would tax there pension and introduce death taxes. The old couple also though they were there to vote in the local ACT election), Greens, the Alex Turnbull Indie and even the CDP.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
Jones is currently renegotiating his contract and apparently it is not going well as he's cost the station millions in defamation. Maybe this is an excuse for him that will save him face.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Shorten sexual assault allegations resurfacing on radio, haven't seen it across the major channels yet. Keep an eye out.

viciouskillersquirrel

Cheering your loss
Oct 25, 2017
https://www.smh.com.au/politics/fed...p-about-rape-allegations-20140821-106r7h.html

victim in this case has come forward again on radio. Believe it's the same incident being raised.
Regardless of whether or not the allegations are true, this is clearly being timed for maximum effect. If I was either a victim who had been dudded by the criminal justice system or was a conservative political operative looking for a long shot attack to save the furniture, this is how I'd do it.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
also for some reason Unions Australia is preferencing Katter over the Greens and Sally McManus replied on twitter to someone pointing it out with 'don't be ridiculous' which is pretty up there as one of the stupidest most dismissive ways to respond to people

Aarglefarg

Oct 27, 2017
2GB.
Kathy Sheriff made the allegations in 2014, claiming she was raped by Mr Shorten at a conference in 1986 when she was 16-years-old.
[...]
Police did not press charges when they investigated the matter.

Kathy Sheriff has now published a statement, saying she has spent the last few years compiling evidence in an attempt to have the matter go to trial.
https://www.2gb.com/top-qc-urges-police-to-reopen-bill-shorten-investigation/

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
I don't question the experience she went through or that it even happened, but I'm curious why it's coming up literally days before an election when it's clearly been bothering this woman ever since it happened.

I don't exactly hold 2GB in the highest regard, either.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney

Seat polling can be pretty dodgy but this looks like a sign things are going to be pretty grim for the government in Victoria.

bobnowhere

Oct 26, 2017
Elsewhere for 8 minutes
They do seem to have given up in most of eastern Melbourne. Apart from a big money campaign in Joshie's seat ScoMo jumps between Corangamite and Indi and nowhere else. They should win back Indi, hereditary independants rarely if ever work and they are pork barrelling everyone in Corangamite to the tune of like 25k each.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
I'm only adjacent to Corangamite but I'm pretty sure the people there aren't swallowing what the LNP is trying to feed them. Even the seniors seem more concerned about climate change etc. than their franking credits.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't question the experience she went through or that it even happened, but I'm curious why it's coming up literally days before an election when it's clearly been bothering this woman ever since it happened.

I don't exactly hold 2GB in the highest regard, either.

She posted it last year on her Facebook, I suppose only picked up by media now.

The alleged victim, who posted the claims on a Facebook page late last year, said that the sexual assault took place at a Young Labor camp near Geelong in the 1980s.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, yikes. I wonder if it's only coming up now not because of any lack of effort on her part, but because people are looking for dirt on various people and this happened to come up?

I know it falls into the dangerous realm of conspiracy, but why else wouldn't it have been picked up since 2014?

lint2015

Oct 27, 2017

Sometimes you can search for the headline on Google or Twitter and if you click through from there it doesn't redirect you to the subscription page.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney

Regional Qld seems a safe bet for the LNP.

Pretty straight migration from PHON to Palmer.

Last edited:

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, yikes. I wonder if it's only coming up now not because of any lack of effort on her part, but because people are looking for dirt on various people and this happened to come up?

I know it falls into the dangerous realm of conspiracy, but why else wouldn't it have been picked up since 2014?

Because Shorten already came out and addressed it in 2014 after the police had completed their investigation.

And fuck me, the amount of morons who will vote for fucking Clive Palmer as some sort of protest is depressing.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

So true, our elections tend to be about bagging the other candidates/parties out instead of just focusing on their own policies or wins/plans. It's a shit-tier approach to marketing your election campaign on basically trashing the other people. If that's the best you've got to offer it's a pretty fucking low bar.

I digress, yes likely people are actively looking for dirt. Mainly the journos and media IMO.

Last edited: