• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

munchie64

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I could survive a US election. This shit is long enough.

I never want to see a Clive Palmer ad again.

Aarglefarg

Oct 27, 2017
Counter-terrorism team steps in after Federal MP for Wentworth's children named in abusive email
[...]
A NSW police spokeswoman told the ABC officers from its Counter Terrorism Command would assist local police and analysts to try and locate the individual or group circulating the emails.
[...]
"They're homophobic, they're anti-Semitic, they're quite disturbing in their content," she said.
[...]
"They're saying I've withdrawn, I'm not valid as a candidate, they're saying I'm in jail, they're saying frankly all sorts of crazy stuff, but their aim is to turn voters away from me."
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-05...busive-emails-terrorism-police-probe/11115404

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
The SMH and the Guardian are reporting two Rwandans allegedly responsible for the murder of eight tourists in 1999 were settled in Australia last November as a result of the Turnbull-Obama refugee swap deal.

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...ans-accused-of-in-secret-deal-with-us-reports

That's a fucking wild headline two days out from an election, especially given the government's opposition to the Medivac bill on the basis murderers and rapists might get in!

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017
That's a fucking wild headline two days out from an election, especially given the government's opposition to the Medivac bill on the basis murderers and rapists might get in!
Remember when the call between Trump and Turnbull leaked and Turnbull admitted that they have nothing on most of the people they're detaining? This is bonkers.

GestaltGaz

Oct 28, 2017
Is anyone else gonna write/draw something stupid on the voting sheet like I will?
Don't waste your vote. Although it might seem like all politicians are the same, the choices this time are very different. Please look at abc vote compass if you're not sure and see where you stand, then vote based on that. Some seats were decided by a few hundred votes last time, you could make a difference, don't throw it away.

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
Is anyone else gonna write/draw something stupid on the voting sheet like I will?

Yeah that will sure send a message to those... AEC employees just trying to do a job. As someone who has scrutineered , it doesn't get even the faintest reaction. They just say "informal" and put it in the appropriate pile. It's about as much of a political statement as putting an empty chip packet in a post box.

In a lot of countries political action happens with bullets. Just vote ffs.

Thordawgg

Nov 5, 2017
I just feel like my vote doesn't really matter and it's just a waste of everyone's time. But that's just me I guess haha.
So our preference system does a good job to make sure we never really waste our votes but even beyond looking at the explicit results our votes make a tangible difference. Once you pass a threshold (I think it's like 2% or 4% something low) the candidates start to receive electoral funding for every vote they receive, so if you decide to do a funny and vote for a racist POS like Frasier Anning cause there's no chance of him winning, you're financially supporting him, or on the flip side if you look into it and find which party or which person closest aligns with your ideals and you preference them you're supporting them in real terms.

Definitely worth putting in at least a minimal amount of effort to make sure your preferences go to someone you deem worthy, or avoid giving it to some cunt.

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
So our preference system does a good job to make sure we never really waste our votes but even beyond looking at the explicit results our votes make a tangible difference. Once you pass a threshold (I think it's like 2% or 4% something low) the candidates start to receive electoral funding for every vote they receive, so if you decide to do a funny and vote for a racist POS like Frasier Anning cause there's no chance of him winning, you're financially supporting him, or on the flip side if you look into it and find which party or which person closest aligns with your ideals and you preference them you're supporting them in real terms.

Definitely worth putting in at least a minimal amount of effort to make sure your preferences go to someone you deem worthy, or avoid giving it to some cunt.

Exactly, even if there are 4 uninspiring candidates and three trash candidates, there is a benefit in actually voting to put the trash last.

hijukal

Oct 25, 2017
I just feel like my vote doesn't really matter and it's just a waste of everyone's time. But that's just me I guess haha.
If you're going to do that, you may as well just pay the $20 non-voting fine. You're wasting your vote if you draw on the ballot paper (if you don't know, it becomes informal, which is invalid), so you may as well not waste your time.

IMO since I've gone to the effort of going to a polling place to vote, I feel I may as well put in the effort to make it count.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly if Labor doesn't crush it this election then I don't know what it's gonna take for them to win. That will be an indication that Australians care more about tax breaks than any other issues.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow. RIP. Wasn't in Australia when he was PM but heard a lot of stories about him.

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
A legend. Accumulate all the genuine love every other Australian PM had for their country, and Bob had them beat single-handedly.

Also...

2myzpf4.jpg

bomma man

Oct 25, 2017
Have the feeling that the polls are gonna be pretty out, but I don't know which way. Palmer prefs in Qld could go either way.

Aarglefarg

Oct 27, 2017

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
Abbott is such a cunt. If he wrote "liberal" with a lowercase L it would have been a fair comment but capitalising it makes it opportunistic bullshit.

Broken Locks

Dec 10, 2018
Thought I'd try and save time saturday and get an early vote in today. Apparently everyone else in the area thought the same too. Had a good 25 minute wait in a queue.

And RIP Hawky. Legend. I'll pour one out, but that'll be a little later, and the only way Bob would have it

hqdefault.jpg

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Scott Morrison trying to sell himself as a servant of the people on the day of Bob Hawkes death.

Oct 28, 2017
Abbott was actually more kind to a convicted pedophile.

Also, lmao at him getting ratioed this hard. Maybe there really is a chance that he's going to lose his seat this time round.

wonzo

Oct 25, 2017
didn't really care if tony lost his seat on saturday but now i lust for his obliteration

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Abbott was actually more kind to a convicted pedophile.

Also, lmao at him getting ratioed this hard. Maybe there really is a chance that he's going to lose his seat this time round.

eh, doubt the ratio has much significance, but i'd place more weight on the Steggall campaign eating into his electorate support visibly over the past few months

Oct 28, 2017
eh, doubt the ratio has much significance, but i'd place more weight on the Steggall campaign eating into his electorate support visibly over the past few months

Obviously Steggall eating into Abbott's support is a large thing but Abbott really showing his ass like this two days before the election keeps the idea that Abbott is actually a huge petty idiot fresh in the minds of the people.

BAN PUNCHER

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Everybody knew Bob must have been pretty crook when he wasn't at the SCG this summer sinking piss.

Deadset Legend.