• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gotten vaccinated yet?

• Had my first dose!

Votes: 33 23.6%
  • Had my second dose and fully vaccinated!

Votes: 86 61.4%
  • Nope!

Votes: 21 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MTR

Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe they are going ahead with voting in the QLD council election. It's absolutely disgusting. The council is completely irrelevant at this time as well. The chief medical officer is even still supporting it despite it being completely dangerous and in violation of all current policy around social distancing. Journalists have not put anywhere near enough pressure. They will report it tomorrow when social media picks up all the queues but by then it will be too late and many will die.

I'm able to phone vote but they seemingly have disconnected the lines. I refuse to vote tomorrow and will likely just cop the fine. I'd rather pay that then get sick and potentially infect others.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
It's still summer in Australia, right? I heard about viruses not surviving in hotter temps, but I wager if you guys are dealing with it, then chances of the virus going away by summer is next to none.

Indonesia, The Philippines and other SE Asia countries are about to hit get hit hard. The heat myth is, well, a myth.

eZipsis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Yeap, Adairs is closing so my wife is out of a job.

She isn't entitled to any benefits because I earn more than $48,000. Which is bulshit.
I don't make nearly enough to support two adults, a child, a mortgage, a dog, a cat and never ending bills.

I guess we're fucked then.

lint2015

Oct 27, 2017
Hahaha there are now over 200 direct infections from the Ruby Princess, that's 7.5% of all passengers. And 41 so far from Ovation of the Seas. Fuck these cruise ships.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Daniel andrews seriously need to just stop waffling with the stage 3. Wonder what the trigger point will be.

That said, the number or reported cases in victoria doesn't seem to be rising exponentially, though we have not really been testing as much as we should.

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
From 6pm in Tasmania, groups of more than 10 people won't be allowed to congregate in public or on private properties, excepting houses where more than 10 people live.

Also, we're taking advice on expanding the enforced isolation Scomo announced to people from interstate as well, not just international arrivals

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
Yeap, Adairs is closing so my wife is out of a job.

She isn't entitled to any benefits because I earn more than $48,000. Which is bulshit.
I don't make nearly enough to support two adults, a child, a mortgage, a dog, a cat and never ending bills.

I guess we're fucked then.
Best she can do is pull $10k out of her super this FY and 10k the next one. Which is bullshit, but what can do you?

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Daniel andrews seriously need to just stop waffling with the stage 3. Wonder what the trigger point will be.

That said, the number or reported cases in victoria doesn't seem to be rising exponentially, though we have not really been testing as much as we should.
Victoria's testing has tanked the last few days (500 per day...). Very dodgy.

eZipsis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Best she can do is pull $10k out of her super this FY and 10k the next one. Which is bullshit, but what can do you?

I really hope we don't have to resort to that. Touching our super is the last thing I want either of us to do.

Were taking our Son out of day care and we are going to have to cut back on everything we possibly can to try and just survive the next few months.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Welp, Myer's closing for a month, and the skeleton staff they're keeping on have to take an 80% wage cut. I question the legality of that, but these are crazy fucking times.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
www.abc.net.au

Andrew Johns suggests NRL cut four teams as coronavirus leaves financial impact

The NRL is being hit hard by the financial effect of coronavirus, which is why one of the game's greatest players wants the league to consider reducing its number of teams from 16 to 12.

Starting to turn on each other, didn't take long.

It's an opinion piece by someone who has no fucking idea what they're talking about when it comes to how the game is run financially.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Welp, Myer's closing for a month, and the skeleton staff they're keeping on have to take an 80% wage cut. I question the legality of that, but these are crazy fucking times.

The pay must be still pretty good if they took an 80% wage cut instead of quitting and going to centrelink.

Surely Myers has enough capital to keep them paid if they're really that needed to keep things running.

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
Probably going to be out of a job sometime in the next week, that or shoved into some frontline manual labour work to cover shift shortages. 'Nobody' is allowed to work from home and it's dire straits. Grateful I have a job at all, but the uncertainty is frustrating. That and risking my partner's health — she has asthma and I really don't know how I'm going to be able to keep seeing her if I have to work with teams of people every day.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
At least our PM isn't infected.

Not that he didn't spend time in close proximity with anyone who was. Hmm.

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
www.abc.net.au

Hospital staffer among 11 new coronavirus cases in Tasmania

Public health officials are investigating the recent movements of a worker at Latrobe's Mersey Community Hospital, in the state's north, who has caught coronavirus.

A hospital worker in the North West in Tasmania has been diagnosed, and they're not sure where it's come from right now. The rest are all tied to overseas travel/cruise ships

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
The stand downs are going to grey area / iffy with regards to FWC guidance.
Under the Fair Work Act, an employee can only be stood down without pay if they cannot be usefully employed because of a stoppage of work for any cause for which the employer cannot reasonably be held responsible.

Whether the option of standing down employees is available in circumstances relating to coronavirus is very fact dependent and an employer should exercise the option cautiously. The employer must be able to demonstrate that:
  • there is a stoppage of work
  • the employees to be stood down cannot be usefully employed (which is not limited to the work an employee usually performs)
  • the cause of the stoppage must also be one that the employer cannot reasonably be held responsible for.
If an employer unlawfully stands down employees without pay, the employees will likely be able to recover unpaid wages.

Employers cannot generally stand down employees simply because of a deterioration of business conditions or because an employee has coronavirus.

Some examples of when employers may be able to stand down employees include:
  • if there was an enforceable government direction requiring the business to close (which means there is no work at all for the employees to do, even from another location)
  • if a large proportion of the workforce was required to self-quarantine with the result that the remaining employees/workforce cannot usefully be employed
  • if there was a stoppage of work due to lack of supply for which the employer could not be held responsible.
This is an not an exhaustive list.
Because these various employers aren't being mandated to shut, there's a case for employees to recover lost wages.

I would wager the reason a lot of businesses are acting has as much to do with there simply being no business, if not moreso, than public and employee safety.

OP
OP
브라이언

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Next cabinet meeting scheduled for Sunday, will be resuming infographics on Monday.

Sucks that I still have to work in two states, so I'm still traveling in two states as there's no viable WAH option yet.

Stay at home all of y'all!

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I have to get a new charger for my Surface, today, urgent work on it. Chadstone shopping centre here we come, wish me luck. Wipe my browser history if I don't make it. I'd tag this /s but it's one of those half serious half jokes.

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
Biggish case jump in Vic (111) over past days, but hopefully a function of expanded testing, returned travellers in quarantine and/or a traceable cluster.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
How has the panic shopping affected you? For me the main annoyance is how overcrowded the shops are and how inconsiderate people tend to be.

Otherwise it hasn't affected me much. The fresh fruit and veg section is damn near untouched in all my local shops. Any cut of meat that isn't super cheap like sausages or mince tends to be easy to get and if you go to a butcher (which I highly recommend more should do) not a lot has changed.

Sure some things like toiled paper are hard to find and some of the restrictions are annoying but otherwise I haven't had to change a lot. I just try and do bigger shops whilst I'm there.

jromz03

Oct 28, 2017
212 today in nsw compared to 184 yesterday 😔

where i shop there is a kind of distancing respect. high demand items are trickling in, you can get TPs, pasta, flour, sugar. hand sanitizer is overpriced. everything else is there, food is not a problem.

stay safe and healthy!

Deleted member 50193

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
I work at a supermarket and it's crammed packed yesterday and today. The majority older people. They're definitely going to be spreading it.
Colesworth? Are you wearing any PPE?
The only thing that's perpetually out of stock is liquid hand soap and toilet paper.
Our store is getting to the point where the toilet paper is staying on the shelves, but hand sanitizer is still near impossible to get

Deleted member 20284

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Only troubles so far was getting down to 3 toilet rolls before availability stabilised, no hand sanitizer for kids especially and pasta straight up disappeared.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Hand sanitizers aren't just short at the supermarket. Hospitals are running out as well. There is just a general shortage and i don't see that changing any time soon.

ninnanuam

Nov 24, 2017
I just got tested, should have the results in 72 hours.

I was the only person there getting a test, no-one else was waiting.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a need for hand sanitizer really if your at home where you can easily just wash your hands at a sink?

SuperBanana

Oct 28, 2017
3 meter social distancing rule coming in next week at supermarkets. How the fuck will that even work? Just limit the number of people!

Colesworth? Are you wearing any PPE?

Masks are useless. I choose not to wear gloves but I have hand sanitiser that I use a lot and wash my hands a lot too.

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Is there a need for hand sanitizer really if your at home where you can easily just wash your hands at a sink?

no, soap is still the best, plus it's easier to get. sanitiser should be for when you're out abd about and haven't got access to soap and running water. even a bar of soap is better provided you use enough and rinse the bar when you're done.

bomma man

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty gross how literally nothing, even stuff readily available, is on sale at the supermarket. Bet they aren't passing all that profit onto the workers taking the risks...