• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
So this news has been popping up in Rockstar fan circles recently and I thought Era might be interested in it.

On the 20th August 2019, the IARC (International Age Rating Coalition) on behalf of Rockstar filed for 'Bonaire' to be classified by the Australian Classification Board which ended up getting refused classification. There was speculation that this could have been a completely new title but the game was specifically refused classification due to the fact that there is no game called 'Bonaire'. Someone e-mailed the IARC and a representative got in contact with Rockstar to clarify this.

3xiArxD.png

However, just a few days ago, Rockstar filed for this classification AGAIN, but this time under the title 'Red Dead Redemption 2'. For some unknown reason, it yet again was refused classification. The page is still up and viewable here

FLIJMUS.png

This is really interesting because just like GTA V, the PC version was rated separately than the console variants.

2Bp2x3u.png

Here you can see the original release on PS3/360, the next-gen version of PS4/XBO and the PC release. It's worth mentioning that the PC version of GTA V was scrutinised more thoroughly compared to its console counterparts with mentions of violence, sex and online interactivity so if this is really the PC version of RDR2, it's probably going through the same ropes in order to see release which is why it keeps getting refused.

I doubt Rockstar would go out of their way to make a whole new classification for anything related to Red Dead Online, especially when you look at GTA V's listing on the Australian Classification Board and see that GTA Online doesn't have its own classification. Now that Rockstar has brought out their new launcher indepndent from Social Club and them yet to reveal their Stadia title(s) ahead of its launch, I think we'll be seeing RDR2 for PC sooner than we think.

We've had major hints of a PC version for Red Dead Redemption II these past few months. It's not really a matter of 'if', more 'when', and I think it'll be pretty soon.

Last edited:

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Man why are we still doing this "Will it come to PC?" circus. It obviously will.

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Given the release of their new launcher, it must be pretty soon. A free copy of GTA San Andreas is nice, but isn't going to drive adoption like RDR2 would.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
It's obviously coming, but at this point I'm past caring. Me and my mates have high level online characters and did the story on PS4, we aint double dipping.

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
It's coming to PC no doubt. I hope the rumor of RDR1 DLC being a part of it turns out to be true.

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
It's obviously coming, but at this point I'm past caring. Me and my mates have high level online characters and did the story on PS4, we aint double dipping.
i'd think there'd be a decent chance of cross-save support for that reason

i have to wonder what the point of this secrecy is. is there really a significant audience that would hold off on the console versions had a PC version been announced (for a later date) prior to their release?

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017

i have to wonder what the point of this secrecy is. is there really a significant audience that would hold off on the console versions had a PC version been announced (for a later date) prior to their release?
It must work, I guess, or they wouldn't do it.

Zelda

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How long after GTA V was classified on PC did it release? Might be a similar timeline for RDR2?

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have not played RDR2 yet.

I only really start caring the day the PC version releases. Thanks for beta testing the game though, guys.

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
I am a little salty Rockstar takes so long to put the PC versions. It seems almost intentionally mean spirited.
It's just business; they know lots of people will double-dip so they can run at higher settings etc., then triple-dip when they re-release on the next consoles too lol. It's been a gargantuan success with GTA V after all, even if it is a dick move.

Spark

Dec 6, 2017
I mainly want to know if the first one is coming too, if they want to push their store release the RDR Complete Collection with RTX support.

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
Never got the chance to play RDR2 on the PS4 when it first came out, so I'm definitely interested in the PC version. If R* would finally release the damn thing.

Cordelia

Jan 25, 2019

Oh yeah it is. Hype culture and FOMO is real. Double and triple dippers are also real.
Why are they having so much trouble passing the PC version through classification?
I didn't play RDRO so I don't know but is there gambling or drugs element on RDRO?

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
I await the PC release, followed by the mod that puts RDR 1 into the game, if Rockstar aren't gonna do it themselves.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Man, I can't wait to play the upcoming Grand Theft Auto 6! (Code name: Red Dead Redemption 2: PC Edition)

Mecha Meister

Next-Gen Guru
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Oh yeah it is. Hype culture and FOMO is real. Double and triple dippers are also real.

I didn't play RDRO so I don't know but is there gambling or drugs element on RDRO?

In online and singleplayer there's gambling like poker, and drugs like cigarettes, cocaine gum, chewing tobacco and alcohol.

It appears that there are even regional restrictions for Poker on Red Dead Online: Poker In Red Dead Online Is Not Available Everywhere Due To Regional Laws