• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
https://www.sanity.com.au/products/2363176/South_Park_Fractured_But_Whole
https://www.sanity.com.au/search?sanquery=south+park
https://www.sanity.com.au/search?sanquery=south+park (first result)

98ls7bosgl901.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...south_park_the_fractured_but_whole_on_switch/
https://gonintendo.com/stories/299486-rumor-aussie-retailer-lists-south-park-the-fractured-but-whole

Always seemed ideal with the Switch already using Snowdrop in M+R.

Last edited:

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe one of those Amazon placeholders that haven't been filled yet? Possibility of a Direct in the near future again is rising.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
Probably.

I've heard that the project was in danger of being cancelled even before the port was officially announced, and the silence since then speaks volumes. It sounds like the game was just way more difficult to port than they initially expected.

I will say that South Park seems like a perfect game for Switch even if I'm personally not interested in it.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It would line up with the several months old declaration of Ubisoft who said that they were going to unveil new Switch games "soon".

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
What's this about a "real" direct after the mini?
Nintendo Direct Minis are usually followed by bigger Nintendo Directs a few weeks later. The Japanese Nintendo site still has an empty slot on its Nintendo Direct page even after the mini, and an empty slot on that page usually indicates a new Direct is coming soon.

I think people are just getting themselves hyped for more disappointment. Even if another ND does release in a few weeks it'll probably just be more info on stuff we already know or a direct based on a franchise like Fire Emblem.

SchuckyDucky

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
Hope we get a release of the first one as well at some point. It's the best Paper Mario of the last decade.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
Not sure if I'm all that interested in the game since I haven't kept up with South Park in years, but I'm all for some arbitrary countdown hype! 51 minutes to go!!!!

Hey, Hero of Legend, btw: You used to go by GoldMetalSonic back on IGN, right? Always such a nice and helpful poster. Doubt you remember me, but it's nice to see you around!

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Are we doing this..... again?

I mean, think about it. Bayonetta is dropping in just over a month and we've seen zero footage. I doubt Nintendo is going to just release gameplay without context, so I imagine we'll either get another "proper" Direct before mid-February. It'll show more Bayonetta, give us an update on Wolfenstein, reveal Fire Emblem Warriors, perhaps talk about more indie support. I'm spitballing here, but even though I was satisfied with the Direct Mini, there was a lot of stuff MIA that I imagine Nintendo would want to talk about soon.

GuEiMiRrIRoW

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
I believe we will se another direct just because nintendo is always pretty accurate about ehat to expect for each month.
The normally finish a direct showing wahts coming in each month. Like: "save money for this!".

The mini didn't have that and felt strange... they even forgot to mention street fighter collection and mega man games which will be released in the first 6months of the year..

LordByron28

Nov 5, 2017
Nintendo Direct Minis are usually followed by bigger Nintendo Directs a few weeks later. The Japanese Nintendo site still has an empty slot on its Nintendo Direct page even after the mini, and an empty slot on that page usually indicates a new Direct is coming soon.

I think people are just getting themselves hyped for more disappointment. Even if another ND does release in a few weeks it'll probably just be more info on stuff we already know or a direct based on a franchise like Fire Emblem.
I could see a larger direct in March. I dont see the point of doing a mini direct and then a large direct a few weeks later. Those minidirects were used to focus on specific games or to split up 3DS and Wii U into two different presentations.

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
Not sure if I'm all that interested in the game since I haven't kept up with South Park in years, but I'm all for some arbitrary countdown hype! 51 minutes to go!!!!

Hey, Hero of Legend, btw: You used to go by GoldMetalSonic back on IGN, right? Always such a nice and helpful poster. Doubt you remember me, but it's nice to see you around!

Sure did! :D Who were you there? I haven't been in the IGN forums in gosh, 5-10 years?

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
I mean, think about it. Bayonetta is dropping in just over a month and we've seen zero footage. I doubt Nintendo is going to just release gameplay without context, so I imagine we'll either get another "proper" Direct before mid-February. It'll show more Bayonetta, give us an update on Wolfenstein, reveal Fire Emblem Warriors, perhaps talk about more indie support. I'm spitballing here, but even though I was satisfied with the Direct Mini, there was a lot of stuff MIA that I imagine Nintendo would want to talk about soon.

Yeah, thinking about it, there's still more to talk about, like the Legacy Collections, Yoshi, Octopath Sushi Striker, Dillon's Rolling Western, etc. I certainly hope so.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
Sure did! :D Who were you there? I haven't been in the IGN forums in gosh, 5-10 years?
Haha, same here! I think I left IGN for good back in ´09. Like I said, I don't think you remember me, but I was r_hjort (and later r_hjort_is_dead). Had one of those red anarchy symbols for an avatar, and mainly hung out in the Wii Lobby.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I liked the first one on PS3, but I haven't really seen as much buzz about this one compared to the first. I'm not into South Park at all so I won't be too bothered either way but if it is as good as the first then I'll pick it up- as the first was definitely a solid turn-based game. The humour isn't really to my tastes but it has its moments.

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
Haha, same here! I think I left IGN for good back in ´09. Like I said, I don't think you remember me, but I was r_hjort (and later r_hjort_is_dead). Had one of those red anarchy symbols for an avatar, and mainly hung out in the Wii Lobby.

Yeah yeah, I recall that name now! :D Nice to see some of my buds from IGN over here! :D

Oct 27, 2017
I could see a larger direct in March. I dont see the point of doing a mini direct and then a large direct a few weeks later. Those minidirects were used to focus on specific games or to split up 3DS and Wii U into two different presentations.

So why do a mini Direct instead of a normal one in the first place? It would make sense if it was a mini just to focus on a particular game, but it was a mini, but followed the same format of a normal Direct (showing off a series of games). Don't deny what your heart knows is true