• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...istchurch-fraser-anning-twitter-a8824036.html

An Australian politician has sparked outrage after blaming immigration for a terror attack at two mosques in New Zealand.

While he said he was "utterly opposed to any form of violence", independent Queensland senator Fraser Anning claimed "what it highlights is the growing fear within our community, both in Australia and New Zealand, of the increasing Muslim presence".

"As always, left-wing politicians and the media will rush to claim that the causes of today's shootings lie with gun laws or those who hold nationalist views but this is all clichéd nonsense.

"The real cause of bloodshed on New Zealand streets today is the immigration programme which allowed Muslim fanatics to migrate to New Zealand in the first place."

Senator Anning also claimed that while Muslims "may have been the victims today, usually they are the perpetrators".

"As we read in Matthew 26:52, "All they that take the sword, shall perish by the sword" and those who follow a violent religion that calls on them to murder us, cannot be too surprised when someone takes them at their word and responds in kind."

D1rWsCPUYAExYHA.jpg%3Alarge
]

Does Australia have any type of recall mechanism?

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
If it's cliche for the left to "blame gun laws", then wouldn't it also be cliche of the right to blame immigration? Are they not self aware, or is he just pandering to the sickos?

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, I really hope these comments will bite his ass back quickly. The kind of bite that forces him to step down.

Aren't the shooters white nationalists for starters??? He can't fucking blame muslims, this is insane.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
"Senator Anning also claimed that while Muslims "may have been the victims today, usually they are the perpetrators"."

fuck this person. What degree of repercussions does Australia impose on public bigotry and lies? Censure?

Oct 25, 2017
This is why this senseless saga will never end.
This is merely a milestone, shit won't change.

We'll all be disgusted by this cunt but nothing will be done about it.
I think in my lifetime since 9/11 I've heard/read so many variants of this. It doesn't surprise me.
If Muslims(let alone Muslim children) can be shot and this is the response, then you're already gone.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Violence is never the answer, but if anyone ever needed to get one good ass punch in the face its this fucker.

Not only is it racist, its opportunist. Homie put out a press release. What a stain of a being

Deleted member 24112

User requested account deletion
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'll copy and paste what I wrote on the other thread:

"To give some people outside of Australia context, Senator Fraser Anning is only senator because he was elected after a recount after the removal of another senator. He then left The One Nation party (a racist party) to be in the Katter party (a racist party) only to be expelled due to being too racist even for them. Now he's an independent and will most definitely won't be elected in 2 months time. He's a massive troll and says awful shit for the publicity. He's only in there because of 19 votes. 19! "

He knows exactly what he's doing. He wanted to be the centre of attention. Also - he's attending a rally with Blair Cottrell (who is a straight up nazi) tomorrow. I assure you he will make the news again with another vile statement.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
What a vile man. Is it possible to vote this guy out in an election in the near future? His writing does not look like that of someone who would voluntarily step down.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
WTF did I just read? So if there were less Muslims to shoot at, there wouldn't have been a shooting?

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
How can you say something like that after this tragedy?? Do you have blood in your veins or what?

Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
I would like to point out that this clown only got 19 votes.

He got his position because someone else stepped down.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017

"To give some people outside of Australia context, Senator Fraser Anning is only senator because he was elected after a recount after the removal of another senator. He then left The One Nation party (a racist party) to be in the Katter party (a racist party) only to be expelled due to being too racist even for them. Now he's an independent and will most definitely won't be elected in 2 months time. He's a massive troll and says awful shit for the publicity. He's only in there because of 19 votes. 19! "

He knows exactly what he's doing. He wanted to be the centre of attention. Also - he's attending a rally with Blair Cottrell (who is a straight up nazi) tomorrow. I assure you he will make the news again with another vile statement.

That, unfortunately, makes perfect sense.

Should be a threadmark.

Yataran

Jul 17, 2018
Copenhagen, DK

Thanks for the context. That explains a lot about how big a POS this Anning guy is likely to be.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
The fact that their political system allows for transference of and then holding on to political power by an actual white supremacist and a neo nazi, bereft of any consequence truly highlights what blight upon rational discourse it is.

Great job Australians.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017

Vile piece of shit. Even two months is too long.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Im sorry but is there ANY evidence of Muslim incited violence by migrants since they started accepting them?

Because we have unrefutable evidence of Violence against them but I not seeing the videos of muslim terrorists with go pros going on shooting sprees

Fuck this guy he should be put in jail for this shit

That is the most blantant and disgusting letter I have ever seen... coming straight from a government official no less

Jesus fuck its like mind numbing blind anger I feel reading it

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
I have no words to describe this person, but I can try with the rage he has built in me. He is a fucking attention seeking shitcunt. Nothing but a parasite feeding off the anger of a bunch of selfish, scared and pathetic right-wing lunatics that should be investigated.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Yikes... What the fuck =(

I think this underscores that white supremacist attitudes like this are indeed a global problem to deal with.

bobnowhere

Oct 26, 2017
Elsewhere for 8 minutes
Some background on the guy:

- he does this for attention, he used the phrase "the final solution" in the senate to describe immigration claiming he didn't understand the context. He did.

- he got into the senate quite fortuitously. He comes from Queensland, the Florida of Australia, and wasn't initially elected. Each state elects 12 senators, usually 6 at a time but it was all twelve at the same time on this occasion meaning the bar was lower for entry.

He was third on the One Nation ticket, quite racist but not Anning levels of racist. There are two ways to vote, vote for a party or for candidates. So even though he only got 12 individual votes One Nation got enough party votes to elect two members, so Anning missed out initially. But the clown elected 2nd turned out to be a secret Brit and was chucked out so Anning as 3rd was appointed. He promptly left One Nation to sit as an independent, joined another party and was sacked from that one and is now an independent again.

- He is up for re-election in May and has absolutely zero chance of being re-elected. It will be 6 new senators and it likely be 2 from the right major party, 2 from the left major party, one green and one right wing nut nob. He's like 5th or 6th in the order of nutters, no hope.

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao, Jesus wtf. Like, what the fuck????? I laughed when I read it because of the sheer mind boggling stupidity.

Oct 25, 2017
I was always a proponent of borrowing right wing buzzwords and using it against them, since being conservative is largely about projecting. Over here we see nothing more than a textbook terrorist sympathizer.

Tempy

Oct 25, 2017
Some background on the guy:

- he does this for attention, he used the phrase "the final solution" in the senate to describe immigration claiming he didn't understand the context. He did.

- he got into the senate quite fortuitously. He comes from Queensland, the Florida of Australia, and wasn't initially elected. Each state elects 12 senators, usually 6 at a time but it was all twelve at the same time on this occasion meaning the bar was lower for entry.

He was third on the One Nation ticket, quite racist but not Anning levels of racist. There are two ways to vote, vote for a party or for candidates. So even though he only got 12 individual votes One Nation got enough party votes to elect two members, so Anning missed out initially. But the clown elected 2nd turned out to be a secret Brit and was chucked out so Anning as 3rd was appointed. He promptly left One Nation to sit as an independent, joined another party and was sacked from that one and is now an independent again.

- He is up for re-election in May and has absolutely zero chance of being re-elected. It will be 6 new senators and it likely be 2 from the right major party, 2 from the left major party, one green and one right wing nut nob. He's like 5th or 6th in the order of nutters, no hope.

Thanks for the info. Can he get kicked out of the senate anyway?