• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 24112

User requested account deletion
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
An Australian politician being racist?

What a shocker.

Yup, he said the quiet part loud. Liberal politicians (right wing for non-Aussies) who are disavowing his statement have been doing racist shit for decades. It's literally their strategy to get votes. They can seriously fuck off.

I can't wait to vote them out. Except I feel like nothing will change because Labor are too busy being in the middle.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's rationalising an atrocity by saying a brown person is not equal to a white, and too many brown people will provoke whites into killing them, its their presence which caused thier death! Dont blame us whites. What a piece of shit, why hasn't he been ejected from politics?

bobnowhere

Oct 26, 2017
Elsewhere for 8 minutes
Thanks for the info. Can he get kicked out of the senate anyway?

No, a senator can only be removed for a few technicalities.

44. Any person who -
(i.) Is under any acknowledgement of allegiance, obedience, or adherence to a foreign power, or is a subject or a citizen or entitled to the rights or privileges of a subject or citizen of a foreign power: or
(ii.) Is attainted of treason, or has been convicted and is under sentence, or subject to be sentenced, for any offence punishable under the law of the Commonwealth or of a State by imprisonment for one year or longer: or
(iii.) Is an undischarged bankrupt or insolvent: or
(iv.) Holds any office of profit under the Crown, or any pension payable during the pleasure of the Crown out of any of the revenues of the Commonwealth: or
(v.) Has any direct or indirect pecuniary interest in any agreement with the Public Service of the Commonwealth otherwise than as a member and in common with the other members of an incorporated company consisting of more than twenty-five persons:

There's probably only 3 sitting days left before he's voted out anyway.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
Unfortunately it's not just him who is our racist politician

This should give you an idea of the scum we have as leaders in our country

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
From the right wing rally in Melbourne he proudly attended earlier this year.

untitledesjeu.png

The only thing Anning needs, beyond losing his seat, is his teeth firmly kicked in.

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
User Banned (1 Month): Inflammatory false equivalencies and personal attacks against another member, numerous accumulated infractions

yepyepyep

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that their political system allows for transference of and then holding on to political power by an actual white supremacist and a neo nazi, bereft of any consequence truly highlights what blight upon rational discourse it is.

Great job Australians.

Weird generalisation to make. There are a few quirks of our senate voting system that has allowed micro parties to gain senate seats due to the weird way preferences can be flowed and stacked despite very little people actually voting for those senators. This has only happened really in the like the last two elections and there will be inevitable reform to stop this. Also, the only reason Fraser managed to get in is because there was a wide spread crackdown on politicians with dual citizenship. Fraser was never supposed to get in. To act like our system has always allowed fringe racists to get in is ignoring the history of Australian politics.

Keep in mind that in Australia, current electoral trends are showing a strong shift against right wing politics.

Lcs

Aug 9, 2018
This is so fucked up.

It's like saying "well, they wouldn't have been shot up if they hadn't come here in the first place, so it's their fault."

Last edited:

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
context to Brits (many of whom don't like first past the post elections) and others about how this twat was elected (he represents no major party)

There are certain loopholes in the way preferences are dealt with in the senate which means people with very few primary votes (a candidate who was the voter's 1st choice in our preferential system) and not all that many preferences (but higher than major parties) can get elected to senate seats. For a long time, that just meant you had some smaller parties that held the balance of power in the senate. But even bigger nut jobs have worked this out and we usually get one or two every election. Every few years a few of them win and form a party or a voting bloc and usually end up eating themselves by the end of their first (and often only) term in parliament.

This guy is one of the worst I can recall. He's not representative of Australian politics. He's just a loud nazi.

Just_a_Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
He needs to be forced to resign and then jailed and investigated for links to white terrorism. Sickening.

ShadowAUS

Feb 20, 2019
Australia
I knew it was going to be Anning before I even clicked. The guy is the lowest form of low and he is ridiculed by the vast majority of Australia as a complete attention seeking shit head. Even the far right leaning people I know IRL think he's an uneducated jackass only looking for attention.

As for people asking if he can be kicked out, not really. It's incredibly difficult to remove a senator for non-illegal offences when outside of the Chamber. You can read more about it here;
https://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parlia...edures/Brief_Guides_to_Senate_Procedure/No_22
https://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parlia...rliamentary_Library/pubs/BN/2012-2013/Conduct

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
When I have to bite my tongue, so as to avoid saying something I'd ban someone else for saying, you know it's BAAAAAAAD.

Well done Senator. You just made Steve King look tame.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
This is quite possibly the worst take I've ever seen. What the actual fuck.

Oct 26, 2017
the rooftops.
This human garbage's press release proves that it is nationalism and the xenophobia/dehumanization it fuels which is the problem.

His statements basically says that they shot themselves by daring to come to "whiteman's" land. Australia needs to take out this extremist trash.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
Australia is truly a vile country and Anning is simply the ugly pimple on the surface.

The things we do to refugees, the things we to do Aboriginees...

The country is a pit. Anning isn't anything alien to us.

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
I went on the guys wiki and found this.

"On 4 June 2018, Anning joined Katter's Australian Party, becoming the party's first senator;[26] however, he was expelled in October 2018 for his inflammatory rhetoric concerning immigration, including his mention of a "final solution" to the problem.[27]"

I would argue that it's people like him who are the cause of such events.

What a scumbag.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
I wish this worthless fuck would drown in the vile shit his mouth keeps spewing. Or any shit, really. I'm not gonna be picky about it.

Shevek

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
How are there no ramifications for saying something like this??? Australia and the US remain two countries I have zero interest in ever going to, even less now than ever before. What in the actual fuck.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't even know what to say.
NO, just no!

It's their own fault for getting murdered is the most fucked upped, perverted logic I've read in a while.

What's next? It's not the shooter that is to blame? It's the victims fault for trying to occupy the same space as the bullet?

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
This is maybe one of the craziest official statements I have ever seen.

I'll copy and paste what I wrote on the other thread:

"To give some people outside of Australia context, Senator Fraser Anning is only senator because he was elected after a recount after the removal of another senator. He then left The One Nation party (a racist party) to be in the Katter party (a racist party) only to be expelled due to being too racist even for them. Now he's an independent and will most definitely won't be elected in 2 months time. He's a massive troll and says awful shit for the publicity. He's only in there because of 19 votes. 19! "

He knows exactly what he's doing. He wanted to be the centre of attention. Also - he's attending a rally with Blair Cottrell (who is a straight up nazi) tomorrow. I assure you he will make the news again with another vile statement.

Threadmark this Noodle

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
So its the Muslim immigrant's fault that they were murdered? Wow I hope hell is real because fuck this piece of shit straight to the bottom of it

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
This isn't a person trying to minimize or spin an act of terror.

This is terrorism.

He's saying Muslims need to leave or this will continue to happen. He's just as guilty as the shooters.

Oct 28, 2017
How are there no ramifications for saying something like this??? Australia and the US remain two countries I have zero interest in ever going to, even less now than ever before. What in the actual fuck.

He's an independent, having been booted from two parties. He won't survive the next election since he managed to get in off the back of an electoral eccentricity. Unlike the US, Australia does have hate speech laws on the books, although enacting them requires someone to bring a case before the Australian Human Rights Commission.

Don't act like far-right political rhetoric isn't pervasive across huge swathes of Europe and Asia as well. I'll defend Australia on the grounds that it is currently witnessing a large backlash against conservative politics.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately it's not just him who is our racist politician

This should give you an idea of the scum we have as leaders in our country

If we are honest this is not just limited to Australia and there are a lot of people who feel the same way this piece of shit politician voiced, but they don't want to take the heat for voicing what they really think.

The dude in the video nailed it.

But sadly thats the world we live in. I think Muslims, Jews and other minorities probably do have to think about how to protect themselves when they gather together because I don't see enough condemnation and reaction from the world to say that this was the last time this will happen.