• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Skai

Oct 27, 2017
Put an Order for a Raptor R in September and got my build date of 2/19!

Will be trading in my TRX, time for something new.

Antagon

Nov 4, 2017

Paggio still builds vans and pickups based on this, the porter. Used a lot by our local landscapers, looks brilliant with two oversized Dutch adults in the front. Don't think they're available in the US though.

Anyway, I guess I'm in the market for a new car myself. Our youngest son sadly needs a wheelchair (though only for longer distances) and the wheelchair they build for his tiny body is rather large. I can fit it in the trunk of my Clio station but then nothing else fits.

Trying to decide between either an Octavia Combi (largest but getting expensive lately), a Leon ST (best looking and seem to come a bit better equipped compared to the Octavia, not a lot of DSG'sc available though) or Corolla Touring (reliable).

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Finally upgraded my 2013 Nissan Altima of 10 years and got the 2024 RAV4 Adventure. It's so sexy and I am very happy.

Slv

Oct 26, 2017
Latvia
Well, after I intially missed out on a GR Yaris because as we were about to order one they pulled it as it was ordered enough for the alloted amount, it has been confirmed that I will be getting the 2024 refresh, I just can't contain myself since learning about it on the afternoon of January 12, growing up, a Subaru WRX STI was my dream car, then it was the Focus RS (2016 on) , and now I am finally in a position to fulfill my dream of owning and daily driving an all wheel drive turbo petrol car. Since I have had my driving license from 2007 I have only had one fun car, namely a Ford Focus ST mk2, that I modded quite extensively for me. It was fun, but it was after all only a FWD car , which is not that fun in the long winters we got. But this, this will be great, my dream come true, before everything runs on electric, hydrogen or has a 1 liter milk carton of an engine to get from point A to B. I will be able to enjoy myself and drive with a huge grin every day(after getting an exhaust that does not sound as a dying blender). I just can't wait, summer seems so long away as then they should be available to order around these parts. OLD ST

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Well, after I intially missed out on a GR Yaris because as we were about to order one they pulled it as it was ordered enough for the alloted amount, it has been confirmed that I will be getting the 2024 refresh, I just can't contain myself since learning about it on the afternoon of January 12, growing up, a Subaru WRX STI was my dream car, then it was the Focus RS (2016 on) , and now I am finally in a position to fulfill my dream of owning and daily driving an all wheel drive turbo petrol car. Since I have had my driving license from 2007 I have only had one fun car, namely a Ford Focus ST mk2, that I modded quite extensively for me. It was fun, but it was after all only a FWD car , which is not that fun in the long winters we got. But this, this will be great, my dream come true, before everything runs on electric, hydrogen or has a 1 liter milk carton of an engine to get from point A to B. I will be able to enjoy myself and drive with a huge grin every day(after getting an exhaust that does not sound as a dying blender). I just can't wait, summer seems so long away as then they should be available to order around these parts. OLD ST

Awesome, post pics when you pick it up. Lovely little car, would love to throw one around some time

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017

As the owner of a 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX and a 2017 Ford Focus RS (both since they were new), I salute your AWD turbo dream!

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks guys, these next 6 months or so will be hard 😅

Picked up the nearest neighbor to the Yaris we can get here the end of last year. The car is a riot.

IMG_2668.jpg

Briareos

Oct 28, 2017
Maine
Well, the moment I saw the styling of the new M2 it was out the door for me. I just couldn't do it.
I got burned out watching 993 and 996/997.[12] market so caved and bought a reasonably priced 2018 M2 6-speed:

IMG_2342.jpeg

Comes with the overly loud OEM performance exhaust:

IMG_2344.jpeg

Was surprised to find out the CarPlay in it is wireless! It's fun to drive. Just bought a set of 18" BBS wheels and some Blizzaks for the winter as it came from the south with summer tires. Suspension is, uh, fun.

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I got burned out watching 993 and 996/997.[12] market so caved and bought a reasonably priced 2018 M2 6-speed:

IMG_2342.jpeg

IMG_2344.jpeg

Was surprised to find out the CarPlay in it is wireless! It's fun to drive. Just bought a set of 18" BBS wheels and some Blizzaks for the winter as it came from the south with summer tires. Suspension is, uh, fun.
Beautiful car! 2018 LCI vs 2019 competition was a tough decision for me at the time, the N55 just sounds unbelievable. Especially with an M performance exhaust.

Antagon

Nov 4, 2017
Anyway, I guess I'm in the market for a new car myself. Our youngest son sadly needs a wheelchair (though only for longer distances) and the wheelchair they build for his tiny body is rather large. I can fit it in the trunk of my Clio station but then nothing else fits.

Trying to decide between either an Octavia Combi (largest but getting expensive lately), a Leon ST (best looking and seem to come a bit better equipped compared to the Octavia, not a lot of DSG'sc available though) or Corolla Touring (reliable).

Little update: a Corolla Touring is deceptively small, despite the boot listed as 600 liters. The roof line slopes too much, which means that the wheel chair is too high.

It's now between an Octavia Combi 3rd or 4th gen (does fit the wheelchair a lot better) or a Dacia Jogger... ugly and barren cars but also cheap and practical.

1920_img-27921-121338.jpg

y9myqliby15x_1200.jpg

6Dacia-Jogger.jpg

Last edited:

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Little update: a Corolla Touring is deceptively small, despite the boot listed as 600 liters. The roof line slopes too much, which means that the wheel chair is too high.

It's now between an Octavia Combi 3rd or 4th gen (does fit the wheelchair a lot better) or a Dacia Jogger... ugly and barren cars but also cheap and practical.

1920_img-27921-121338.jpg

y9myqliby15x_1200.jpg

6Dacia-Jogger.jpg
After driving our trusted Fabia III (posted here) for 7 years, we just got us a new Octavia IV (NX) 1.5 TSI (150 hp, automatic/DCT). Some unexpected financial setbacks prevented us from getting the better looking sporty RS Variant.

It still has the winter rims on (17") but i already have some nicer looking 18" (model perseus) ready in the basement. I'm going to change the chrome grill frame to a black one soon too and with those two things, it doen't look that ugly for me :) It's super nice so far and i'm looking forward to vacation-driving at easter.

Compared to other Dacias, the Jogger isn't that fugly but if you don't need bells and whistles in a car, that brand is a solid budget choice.

Last edited:

Antagon

Nov 4, 2017
After driving our trusted Fabia III (posted here) for 7 years, we just got us a new Octavia IV (NX) 1.5 TSI (150 hp, automatic/DCT). Some unexpected financial setbacks prevented us from getting the better looking sporty RS Variant.

It still has the winter rims on (17") but i already have some nicer looking 18" (model perseus) ready in the basement. I'm going to change the chrome grill frame to a black one soon too and with those two things, it doen't look that ugly for me :) It's super nice so far and i'm looking forward to vacation-driving at easter.

Compared to other Dacias, the Jogger isn't that fugly but if you don't need bells and whistles in a car, that brand is a solid budget choice.

Not that ugly? The gen 4 Octavia looks great imo. One of the best looking stations on the market.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Not that ugly? The gen 4 Octavia looks great imo. One of the best looking stations on the market.
That's what the :) was for, instead of putting not that ugly in quotation marks. I think the Gen 3 and 4 really look good (except the face lift of Gen 3 with the divided front lights). Specially the RS ones.

My goal with the planned dechroming and the 18" rims, is that the car looks almost like this one:

h1nch

Dec 12, 2017

IMG_2342.jpeg

IMG_2344.jpeg

Incredible car. And 2018 so you got the better sounding i6 engine! I love that N55 very dearly. Agreed re: suspension, this car will step out on you without much effort. Enjoy what could end up being the last great M car BMW ever made, as they continue down this path of (IMO) tasteless design and dull and isolated driving experiences.

Slv

Oct 26, 2017
Latvia
Oh gosh, today has been the second best day of this year, the best day of this year will be probably sometime in August, since January 12 of this year i have been on pins and needles but finally, today, the ordering was opened, and I put down an order for a top trim "Premium" in my corner of Europe, GR Yaris 2024 in Pearl White and Automatic (my every day car, i also want remote climate contro for winter), the preliminary info shows it should arrive August at the earliest, I just can't wait, the next winter will be epic. I am just grinning all day today, finally my life long dream of such a type of car will be fulfilled. And just in time judging how things are going in the EU, how many models are ending because they can't do the new norms for CO and so on. Now the wait, for August.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
So I have a 2022 BRZ that has about a year left on the lease. I'm getting very nervous and a serious case of FOMO when ICE engines are killed that I will not have bought what I think should be my forever car.

I have to be reasonable about it though. I cannot afford a 1,000 car payment on a lease or a purchase, I live in the state of California which sometimes complicates things money-wise too, as everything is stupid expensive out here.

My BRZ has been an absolute dream and joy to drive, purchasing it at the end of my lease is an absolute option. The other two cars I'm really considering that might get me out of it are very different but I wanted to know what you all thought. Keep in mind they are in my mind ones I'd be keeping beyond a lease possibly.

Toyota Supra 2.0 or 3.0 the 2.0 is incredibly hard to find right now I only saw two in the entire country for sale as of today.
Audi S3
Purchase the BRZ at the end of the lease and spend some money turning it into what I want I.e better speakers, after market steering wheel etc…

I'm not sure I can afford the Supra or the Audi.

I'm thinking on a lease, $2500-4000 down and sub 700 per month. Possible? There was a guy of form who claimed to have got a 599 a month deal with nothing down. Of course they don't live in my godforsaken state, and all dealers are trying to screw you royally. My brother just had to take a flight up north to San Jose to buy a Ford raptor at MSRP where every other dealership in the state was trying to charge $20 to $30,000 above.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
Any opinions in here on Michelin Pilot Sport tires?

Unfortunately noticed earlier today that there seem to be cuts in the treads of my Mustang's stock Pirelli drive-tires (Unsure of where/how that happened), so now I'm weighing if I should be getting new tires. Took a look with a flashlight and I'm not seeing any "wires" in the cuts and it seems like it's just superficial damage but it sends my paranoia through the roof to have cuts like that at all.

And wow it seems like people on r/Mustang really hate the stock Pirelli's, but I'm not sure how much of that bad rap is the kind of hyperbole that comes with the territory of Reddit.

30-078abe4b-f71f-4013-8cef-8a6f3cc45b93.jpg

h1nch

Dec 12, 2017

Unfortunately noticed earlier today that there seem to be cuts in the treads of my Mustang's stock Pirelli drive-tires (Unsure of where/how that happened), so now I'm weighing if I should be getting new tires. Took a look with a flashlight and I'm not seeing any "wires" in the cuts and it seems like it's just superficial damage but it sends my paranoia through the roof to have cuts like that at all.

And wow it seems like people on r/Mustang really hate the stock Pirelli's, but I'm not sure how much of that bad rap is the kind of hyperbole that comes with the territory of Reddit.

I feel like the Michelin PS4S and related tires always get lots of praise. I know I was planning on replacing the continentals on my old F30 335i with Pilot Super Sports, before I ended up selling the vehicle.

TylerD

Oct 25, 2017

Im sure the Michelin PS4S are excellent. I don't have any personal experience with Michelin performance tires though.

I am on the 2nd set of Conti Extreme Contact Sports on my E46 6spd 330ci ZHP and I love them.

Loved the 2 sets of Conti Extreme Contact DWS UHP all seasons I had before those. They came on the car pretty new when I bought it in 2012. Nothing bad to say other than the sidewall was pretty soft.

The winter weather performance when they were new was really solid. Went on multiple ski trips driving from west Texas to Telluride.

I just put UHP Pirelli PZero AS plus 3s on my F25 '17 X3 xdrive35i Thursday. I believe they are the newest of the bigger manufacturer UHP all seasons and the tech seems pretty impressive. They did well in Tire Rack and Tire Reviews.com tests. Bought them from tire rack for $255 a piece with a $80 manufacturer instant rebate on the set. They have a 50k mile tread life warranty and are so incredibly good compared to the Ironman iMove Gen 2 UHP all seasons that came on it when I bought it in 2021.

Those lasted ~19k miles before getting a little dicey and weren't wearing super evenly corner to corner, especially the rear right most driven wheel. I didn't bother rotating them to get through them faster and they were… fine for a $500 set of tires.

Last edited:

Patriiick

Oct 31, 2018
Grimsby, GB

You'll be absolutely fine on Pilot Sports.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
After kicking the idea around for a year, the wife and I made the decision and upgraded to a subcompact SUV.

After shopping around, we settled on a 2021 EcoSport Titanium 4x4

20240408-125846.jpg

20240408-125821.jpg

(took it for a drive up by Lake Tahoe and Truckee yesterday, and it handled the dirt and snow perfectly).

Sure, the EcoSport isn't the greatest vehicle (even for a Titanium package, it's pretty basic compared to newer cars), but it's exactly what we were looking for.

We wanted something that was either AWD or 4x4, yet wanted to be on the smaller size (it's just us 90% of the time since we don't have kids or a dog, and I only have my son a few months out of the year), and I hate driving bigger vehicles.

My first choice was a Kona (I had one as a rental last month while my previous car was in the body shop due to an accident at work, and really liked it), but the ease of theft was a massive issue for me.

Overall, I'm happy with it. It's going to allow me to go places (and take my bike) places I never could before with my Jetta, and it's a lot easier for my wife to get in and out of without straining her back (the Jetta being lower to the ground put a huge strain on her back, and she struggled mightly to get into it. She possibly has arthritis in her back 😥, so we needed something easier for her to get in and out of).

Last edited:

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone got recommendations for family cars/suvs for a family of 4?

Got another kiddo on the way and my son right now is 18 months, so we'll have car seats for a while. Seems like we'll need a 3 row so my wife can sit among the car seats or split the kids, but open to suggestions for cars with spacious 2 rows.

Not opposed to minivans either.

Mango Pilot

Apr 8, 2024
I purchased my car from a dealership that isn't close to my house because they had the color I wanted. Is there a way to request that they stop sending me physical mail reminders for maintenance and other things, considering I now use a dealership much closer to my home? Just annoying spam from a dealership I don't want anything to do with.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Anyone got recommendations for family cars/suvs for a family of 4?

Got another kiddo on the way and my son right now is 18 months, so we'll have car seats for a while. Seems like we'll need a 3 row so my wife can sit among the car seats or split the kids, but open to suggestions for cars with spacious 2 rows.

Not opposed to minivans either.

If you need a 3rd row maybe look at the Honda Pilot. Ive spend time in the previous gen 3rd row and its not bad. The Subaru Ascent has a good roomy 3rd row and seems like a nice car, but I honestly don't trust the CVT long term.

Highlander 3rd row is kinda shit, I've sat in too many Highlander Uber rides stuck back there and it sucks. But other than that its very roomy in the back seat if you ignore the 3rd row. So for a 2 row its good

After kicking the idea around for a year, the wife and I made the decision and upgraded to a subcompact SUV.

After shopping around, we settled on a 2021 EcoSport Titanium 4x4

20240408-125846.jpg

20240408-125821.jpg

(took it for a drive up by Lake Tahoe and Truckee yesterday, and it handled the dirt and snow perfectly).

Sure, the EcoSport isn't the greatest vehicle (even for a Titanium package, it's pretty basic compared to newer cars), but it's exactly what we were looking for.

We wanted something that was either AWD or 4x4, yet wanted to be on the smaller size (it's just us 90% of the time since we don't have kids or a dog, and I only have my son a few months out of the year), and I hate driving bigger vehicles.

My first choice was a Kona (I had one as a rental last month while my previous car was in the body shop due to an accident at work, and really liked it), but the ease of theft was a massive issue for me.

Overall, I'm happy with it. It's going to allow me to go places (and take my bike) places I never could before with my Jetta, and it's a lot easier for my wife to get in and out of without straining her back (the Jetta being lower to the ground put a huge strain on her back, and she struggled mightly to get into it. She possibly has arthritis in her back 😥, so we needed something easier for her to get in and out of).

not bad for a small suv. I always forget these exist in the US because it seems like I never see them.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
not bad for a small suv. I always forget these exist in the US because it seems like I never see them.

I didn't even know they were a thing until I saw one sitting on a used car lot last summer.

I knew about the Edge and Escape, but not the EcoSport. I test drove one last summer and really liked it, but couldn't afford one at the time.

After having it for a week, I can definitely see why they didn't sell as well as Ford had hoped. They're really a niche vehicle, and something like an Escape would be a better buy for the vast majority of people (especially if you have a family).

One massive thing that I do love about it is that it has a standard 6-speed automatic. No CTV, no Dual-Clutch (I had a 2013 Focus and my wife has a 17 Focus with Ford's crap DCT). That's something you really don't see much anymore, and I kinda appreciate it (although I wish there was a manual version, that would have been fun to drive).

Last edited:

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Trying to fight the urge to get a NA/NB/NC Miata...

Here in Toronto it's so hard to find a non rusted one without getting into first gen BRZ/86/FRS territory. At which point I would just try to get back into one of those.