• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

golem

Oct 25, 2017
Mostly I watch youtube channels to fill the gaps

General car channels:
DriveTribe
Carfection
Kellys Blue Book (surprisingly entertaining)
The Straight Pipes
Motor Trend's shows that arent on youtube anymore which is annoying (Ignition, Head2Head, etc)

Lifestyle channels:
Harry's Garage
Petrolicious
Jay Leno's Garage
MrJWW
Shmee150
Misha Charoudin

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You guys need to watch Obsessed Garage - my favorite automotive channel.

golem

Oct 25, 2017
You guys need to watch Obsessed Garage - my favorite automotive channel.
I like his car content but his detailing content is a bit too dry and obsessive for me haha. I like AMMO NYC's detailing content though since he does a variety of cars and detailing situations, such as new vs vintage paint, rust removal and repair, stuff like that.
New A4 allroad or new VW Golf GTI?
New Volvo V60 perhaps?

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Regular Car Reviews mostly for me. And those awesome retro MotorWeek reviews.

I have a rental Volvo S90 for work. Since my daily driver is a 15 year old economy car, stepping into this makes me feel like Cinderella. Such a difference.

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like his car content but his detailing content is a bit too dry and obsessive for me haha. I like AMMO NYC's detailing content though since he does a variety of cars and detailing situations, such as new vs vintage paint, rust removal and repair, stuff like that.

New Volvo V60 perhaps?

I don't watch the detailing content either. The mechanical work is fantastic content though.

Dralos

Oct 26, 2017

New Volvo V60 perhaps?
I can only pick out of those two...

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
mercedes-maybach-vision-luxury1-2.jpg

Leaked Ultimate Luxury SUV concept. It's still super BMW to me, but I hope Mercedes' styling in general, not just Mercedes-Maybach, builds off of this. More pics at the link.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Anyone done Ceramic coating for their vehicle? Also, I've been told the best products for detailing would be from Chemical Guys. I got lucky and the paint on this car is still pretty good. I haven't really taken care of a car for over 7 years tbh. That was when i got my first car right after highschool. So im catching up on all of these new products and i dont want to fall into a marketing scheme and buy something unnecessary lol. I want to maintain my A5 and would like to hear some experiences and/or recommendations from you all!

golem

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone done Ceramic coating for their vehicle? Also, I've been told the best products for detailing would be from Chemical Guys. I got lucky and the paint on this car is still pretty good. I haven't really taken care of a car for over 7 years tbh. That was when i got my first car right after highschool. So im catching up on all of these new products and i dont want to fall into a marketing scheme and buy something unnecessary lol. I want to maintain my A5 and would like to hear some experiences and/or recommendations from you all!
I have a ceramic coating treatment on my car (on top of the ppf). There are a variety of brands available, my detailer recommended Gyeon which I went with. Other popular brands Ive heard of include Ceramic Pro and Opticoat. Seems to work pretty well so far, keeps the car shiny- although it isnt quite the maintenance free experience that some people sell it as, you cant just spray down your car with a hose and have everything looking great. My coating in particular recommends their own wax/polish to refresh the coating every once in a while. The hardness seems to work as advertised though, some lady backed into my car with her GTi and after cleaning we found no damage except for one little scuff on the ppf film. Nothing else made it through the coating. Rather impressed tbh.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Yeah Chemical Guys is good and I use it majority of the time. Another I'd recommend is Adams polishes. Good stuff as well.
Okay, i seen Adams name around too! Just ordered Chemical Guy's Hybrid Detailer and a 420 sale so i got a little sample of their VRP super shine.

I have a ceramic coating treatment on my car (on top of the ppf). There are a variety of brands available, my detailer recommended Gyeon which I went with. Other popular brands Ive heard of include Ceramic Pro and Opticoat. Seems to work pretty well so far, keeps the car shiny- although it isnt quite the maintenance free experience that some people sell it as, you cant just spray down your car with a hose and have everything looking great. My coating in particular recommends their own wax/polish to refresh the coating every once in a while. The hardness seems to work as advertised though, some lady backed into my car with her GTi and after cleaning we found no damage except for one little scuff on the ppf film. Nothing else made it through the coating. Rather impressed tbh.

There is a company in Denver and it looks pretty great, but the price for a 2 year treatment is really high. like 750+. they had a recent sale for my coupe and priced me at 500. sigmakore is the company and i dont know what kind of ceramic treatment they use.

golem

Oct 25, 2017
There is a company in Denver and it looks pretty great, but the price for a 2 year treatment is really high. like 750+. they had a recent sale for my coupe and priced me at 500. sigmakore is the company and i dont know what kind of ceramic treatment they use.
I think my treatment was $500 in LA which is a pretty competitive market. Also got it at the same time as the PPF and tint

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Mostly I watch youtube channels to fill the gaps

General car channels:
DriveTribe
Carfection
Kellys Blue Book (surprisingly entertaining)
The Straight Pipes
Motor Trend's shows that arent on youtube anymore which is annoying (Ignition, Head2Head, etc)

Lifestyle channels:
Harry's Garage
Petrolicious
Jay Leno's Garage
MrJWW
Shmee150
Misha Charoudin

savagegeese needs to be on this list. His content is excellent and is often hilarious (if sarcasm is your thing) while being really informative.

golem

Oct 25, 2017
savagegeese needs to be on this list. His content is excellent and is often hilarious (if sarcasm is your thing) while being really informative.
Savage does give alot of actually really good information in his videos but his videos.. move.. so.. slowly. Also he reviews a bunch of SUVs and stuff im not too interested in so I dont usually check his channel too often.

One youtuber I did forget to mention though is effspot whose car spotting videos turn the sarcasm, shade and fuckery levels up to the max. Pretty funny stuff

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New A4 allroad or new VW Golf GTI?

New AllRoad has Virtual Cockpit, the four pot turbo , looks amazing and is vastly more practical. If it's anything like my A4 (it is) it'll have a lovely power and hauls ass.

I'd have gotten the AllRoad myself if it had Virtual Cockpit in the 17 model.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just watched a bunch of Effspot. Weirdly hypnotic. I used to live there too - and the spots he's picking for car watching are fantastic. Only Knightsbridge in London and Singapore are better in my experience. I'm aware that a bunch of Arab gulf stats are the Tippetty top tho.

BubbaKrumpz

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yay Area
Yeah, I'm V1lla21 from the old site.
I started watching JDM Legends and I liked it. I was mostly annoyed by the amount of hot rod and muscle car tv shows that are on velocity and it's good to see they are televising the show. I'm watching it on MToD though. Savage is good but my favorite is Autogefuhl. Feels sterile but Thomas is very in-depth without much fluff at all and I enjoy it.

Dralos

Oct 26, 2017
New AllRoad has Virtual Cockpit, the four pot turbo , looks amazing and is vastly more practical. If it's anything like my A4 (it is) it'll have a lovely power and hauls ass.

I'd have gotten the AllRoad myself if it had Virtual Cockpit in the 17 model.
the onei could get is the 2.0 tdi with 163hp.

golem

Oct 25, 2017
I just watched a bunch of Effspot. Weirdly hypnotic. I used to live there too - and the spots he's picking for car watching are fantastic. Only Knightsbridge in London and Singapore are better in my experience. I'm aware that a bunch of Arab gulf stats are the Tippetty top tho.
From my impressions just watching Youtube videos there seems to be less actual community/gathering/showoffs in other places. Big get togethers like Sunset GT, the original C&C, Luftgekühlt, Stancenation etc dont seem to happen as often in other countries or maybe they just dont get covered

Yeah, I'm V1lla21 from the old site.
I started watching JDM Legends and I liked it. I was mostly annoyed by the amount of hot rod and muscle car tv shows that are on velocity and it's good to see they are televising the show. I'm watching it on MToD though. Savage is good but my favorite is Autogefuhl. Feels sterile but Thomas is very in-depth without much fluff at all and I enjoy it.

I just started watching Autogefuhl. I thought it was a German channel at first but enjoyed his recent coverage of the AMG refreshes at Geneva, very thorough

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From my impressions just watching Youtube videos there seems to be less actual community/gathering/showoffs in other places. Big get togethers like Sunset GT, the original C&C, Luftgekühlt, Stancenation etc dont seem to happen as often in other countries or maybe they just dont get covered

I just started watching Autogefuhl. I thought it was a German channel at first but enjoyed his recent coverage of the AMG refreshes at Geneva, very thorough

I definitely mean generic spots where supercars prowl rather than events. Or as the Germans call them, AusgangmustangGeschmaschen.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
So not happy right now. On Thursday I dropped some wheels off at discount tire to get new tires mounted on. They said the tires would be in Friday morning and would be mounted by the afternoon. Friday went by and they never called me saying they're done. I figured I'd call today since they're open until 5pm, they should have time to get them done. I called around 2:30 and got a message saying they closed early for a corporate event. Still don't have my tires and have to wait until Monday now.

I need to buy my own tire mounting machine and balancer. Anyone want to donate $4k to the cause?

golem

Oct 25, 2017
So not happy right now. On Thursday I dropped some wheels off at discount tire to get new tires mounted on. They said the tires would be in Friday morning and would be mounted by the afternoon. Friday went by and they never called me saying they're done. I figured I'd call today since they're open until 5pm, they should have time to get them done. I called around 2:30 and got a message saying they closed early for a corporate event. Still don't have my tires and have to wait until Monday now.

I need to buy my own tire mounting machine and balancer. Anyone want to donate $4k to the cause?
Yeah it sucks sometimes. My Cup 2 N0s took almost an extra week to arrive from quoted and no one seemed to know why.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Trying to decide if it makes any sense to go from stage I apr to stage ii on my Tiguan. Just have to put in a dowpipe basically. Little worried it will make me need a clutch quickly as I'm at 77k miles. Would be kind of cool to have a nicer sound and more hp and torque I think would get it well under a 6 second 0-60. Probably only a few dozen stage ii Tiguans in existence lol.

BubbaKrumpz

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yay Area
You'll need a new clutch for sure. It'll start slipping like right away if you don't. I'm at 115k on my gti and I'm thinking of going back to stage 2 and getting protuned.

Deleted member 13560

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Got the car detailed today. Had someone else clay bar this thing then buff, polish, wax. I don't have 3 or 4 hours to do it myself. They did a pretty damn good job. They even got the water spots out from the grill. Well worth it.

Car was outside for about 5 minutes and it's already getting pollen all over it. Although most of it is just sparkle from the paint. Still has that mirror finish though.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Got the car detailed today. Had someone else clay bar this thing then buff, polish, wax. I don't have 3 or 4 hours to do it myself. They did a pretty damn good job. They even got the water spots out from the grill. Well worth it.

Car was outside for about 5 minutes and it's already getting pollen all over it. Although most of it is just sparkle from the paint. Still has that mirror finish though.

How do you like your F Type? I am starting to think about my next sports car and would like to go and test one. In terms of looks, sounds and character it seems like an ideal "next car" for me but from experience I know that the ideal does not always match the reality.

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Your pictures aren't loading - please reload.

Kiria

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
some of the parts arriving.. others are backordered and I need them to arrive before starting

DSCN5614.jpg

Deleted member 13560

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How do you like your F Type? I am starting to think about my next sports car and would like to go and test one. In terms of looks, sounds and character it seems like an ideal "next car" for me but from experience I know that the ideal does not always match the reality.

The R version is amazing. The handling feels amazing, the shifting is quick, and the sound makes you not want to listen to music most of the time. I love the exhaust... it pops and crackles. It sounds amazing. Before I got this car I test drove an M4, a Z06, a Cayman, and a few other cars and this one felt right for me. They were all fun in their own right, but wasn't what I was looking for.

Downside to the car is that the infotainment is not good and there is a good bit of plastic. There's plenty of cars that beat it in the creature comfort/luxury department.

I can't speak for the 4 an 6 cylinder versions though. I drove the SVR, but I didn't feel like the price bump was worth it. You can get a low mileage '15 or '16 R for well below 70K now. If you're not one for buying cars then most dealerships will allow you to lease used F-Types as well.

Just test drive one. It might not be your cup of tea.

While I do love the car I'm actively trying to find something to replace it... don't know with what yet though because it is so fun for me to drive.

Your pictures aren't loading - please reload.

It's loading up fine on my desktop, laptop, and phone. Maybe Flickr isn't allowed in your region or something.

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The R version is amazing. The handling feels amazing, the shifting is quick, and the sound makes you not want to listen to music most of the time. I love the exhaust... it pops and crackles. It sounds amazing. Before I got this car I test drove an M4, a Z06, a Cayman, and a few other cars and this one felt right for me. They were all fun in their own right, but wasn't what I was looking for.

Downside to the car is that the infotainment is not good and there is a good bit of plastic. There's plenty of cars that beat it in the creature comfort/luxury department.

I can't speak for the 4 an 6 cylinder versions though. I drove the SVR, but I didn't feel like the price bump was worth it. You can get a low mileage '15 or '16 R for well below 70K now. If you're not one for buying cars then most dealerships will allow you to lease used F-Types as well.

While I do love the car I'm actively trying to find something to replace it... don't know with what yet though because it is so fun for me to drive.

It's loading up fine on my desktop, laptop, and phone. Maybe Flickr isn't allowed in your region or something.

Works for me now - beautiful car, dude. No swirls in the paint :P!

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
Guess we know the answer for Ford's GTE program going forward: it's dead. Maybe we get a Mustang-based sports car in GT3, but I think they're going to end up retreating to NASCAR and NASCAR only.

Presumably they're going to keep producing those other model lines outside of the U.S.?

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017

Thanks for the reply. As long as it is still available I am going to test a 2017 CPO F-Type R this weekend. It's a convertible, which I really don't want, but I figure as a first step and first test I can at least determine if I think the car is right for me or not. I've got time, my garage isn't built yet (but hopefully will be soon!) but I also want to make sure I have as much seat time as possible in the cars I am interested in so that I can make the best decision.