• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gifted

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the responses to my question. Volvo and Audi are out of the price range I'm looking for. I'm checking out the Impreza hatch. My local dealer hides the fact that it's even available for some reason. I find it very interesting that reviewers give higher ratings to the crosstrek despite how similar they are. Perhaps the nominal change in class competition makes them grade on a curve.
Definitely do a couple of test drives to make sure you find the right vehicle, I'm going to double down on the Subaru and Mazda as the go to.

AquaRegia

Oct 25, 2017
It very well may come down to how my wife feels in the seats. She's had back surgery in the past, so an uncomfortable seat would make any car a non-starter. I was sad to see that neither the Impreza, Crosstrek, or CX-3 offer lumbar support adjustment. Then again, I bought an Outback last year which only gives that to the driver, and I've heard no complaints about the passenger seat.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
It very well may come down to how my wife feels in the seats. She's had back surgery in the past, so an uncomfortable seat would make any car a non-starter. I was sad to see that neither the Impreza, Crosstrek, or CX-3 offer lumbar support adjustment. Then again, I bought an Outback last year which only gives that to the driver, and I've heard no complaints about the passenger seat.

As a guy who has seat issues from a former hip injury I feel your pain, pardon the pun. It's one of the reasons I have been so picky and done SO much research before finally committing to something here recently. In general, sport seats with a lot of adjustment (including thigh extension and support) work far better for me and are far more comfortable than a lot of luxury car seats (looking at you, Lexus!) And it's not the lumbar I have problems with as both my current GX and former IS have/had lumbar support that works well. It's more the seat pan itself and the shape and length of the cushion. All I can say is, let her have as much time in the driver's seat as possible and go for more than one test drive on more than one day if possible to make sure it will work for her. Having sold or traded more than one car for seat issues I know how frustrating it is to like a car but not be able to stay comfortable in it.

I've put 1000mi on it. I love this freaking car. I keep on finding excuses to drive it.
Untitled by shapegsx, on Flickr

Looking good! I originally had one of these on my list for a test drive but I really wanted my wife to be able to drive my car and she doesn't drive manual cars. Well, that and I also wanted to live with a good dual clutch setup for a while. Still, I hope you enjoy it and it treats you well!

House_Of_Lightning

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Looking good! I originally had one of these on my list for a test drive but I really wanted my wife to be able to drive my car and she doesn't drive manual cars. Well, that and I also wanted to live with a good dual clutch setup for a while. Still, I hope you enjoy it and it treats you well!

If you have back/hip issues this car would probably kill you.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a good site out there to show what dealer's pay (invoice price)? I'm trying to talk the dealership down on a 2018 Focus RS just a bit more. They dropped the price ~3k since I test drove it last month so hoping to get them to come down even more.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Is there a good site out there to show what dealer's pay (invoice price)? I'm trying to talk the dealership down on a 2018 Focus RS just a bit more. They dropped the price ~3k since I test drove it last month so hoping to get them to come down even more.
While we always want to get the best deal possible its also a good idea to leave the dealership some margin with which to work, especially on a high performance vehicle that might need to visit the service department once in a while. And I would even make it a point to acknowledge that fact as in "hey I think I am getting a good deal and you are making a little money on this also so how about making sure I am treated well when my vehicle comes in for service?" A "lets help each other out" attitude with the salesperson and dealership can go a long way towards making sure that future visits are met with open arms instead of eye-rolls and grumbling.

At least that's my take on it.

Gifted

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
A lightly used / certified pre owned Infiniti or Lexus could definitely get those features for a reasonable price too. The depreciation on cars can definitely work in your favor, especially since they're often previous leases.

Marz

Oct 30, 2017
Man the new Navigator and the Upcoming Aviator both look fantastic. Lincoln knocked it out of the park

ascii42

Oct 25, 2017
Man the new Navigator and the Upcoming Aviator both look fantastic. Lincoln knocked it out of the park
Yeah, took them a while to figure out their design language, but I think they have. I still dislike the floating tablet look, but otherwise the interiors look good to me too.

Marz

Oct 30, 2017
Yea Cadillac is gonna have to step it up.

Really surprised how good both of those new Lincoln's look. Haven't test driven the new Navi yet.

Kiria

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
was away for almost a month.. so i start up my car today and noticed theres mildew on some car parts.

fuck humidity

(car was using the car cover and was under a roof)
20180617_164808.jpg

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
That's no fun but at least it's not staining like blood or oil. We actually were prone to getting the same thing on the insides of our window blinds in our bedroom so have gone to running the ceiling fan 24/7 along with the A/C or heat, depending on the season. Living in the South is cheap but it does have its drawbacks at times!

House_Of_Lightning

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Kiria

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
That's no fun but at least it's not staining like blood or oil. We actually were prone to getting the same thing on the insides of our window blinds in our bedroom so have gone to running the ceiling fan 24/7 along with the A/C or heat, depending on the season. Living in the South is cheap but it does have its drawbacks at times!

managed to find someone to clean it with me.. im prolly replacing the air cabin filter just to be safe

and while we were cleaning I noticed some buttons are sticky af

i need to find someone who will fix this now for me or ill i can buy new parts or both

20180619_203303.jpg

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Brought my first car this month, makes me regret not learning to drive so much earlier.

jqsDTqJ.jpg

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
A lightly used / certified pre owned Infiniti or Lexus could definitely get those features for a reasonable price too. The depreciation on cars can definitely work in your favor, especially since they're often previous leases.

Infinitis are great and they depreciate like mad, which means you get a lot of nice car for your money. Been driving them since 2011.

artsi

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
Left for work this morning, car (BMW E46, 320i) was driving normally.
I stopped to pick up lunch from a store, when I was leaving the parking lot the car stalled. I thought it was strange but I started it up again and got on my way, then noticed that I've lost like 30-50% of my engine power, car is lazy as hell.

Any idea what could cause that suddenly?

artsi

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
I stopped to pick up lunch from a store, when I was leaving the parking lot the car stalled. I thought it was strange but I started it up again and got on my way, then noticed that I've lost like 30-50% of my engine power, car is lazy as hell.

The problem went away when I started my car the next time, strange.

YuriLowell

Oct 26, 2017

Any lights on the dashboard?

E46s are notorious for the lower intake boot going bad and doing that exact thing you are describing.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
In other news I spoke to my salesperson at the Audi dealership and the trade deal for the California car fell through. The California dealership initially said "yes" but then wanted my local dealership to take 5 other cars in order to also get the TTRS so that killed the trade. As of yesterday he was still searching for cars that were either exact or close matches but since there were only 5 in the country in the spec that I had initially requested I went ahead and relaxed my search parameters somewhat and suggested a car I had seen online at Audi Huntsville. Instead of Daytona Gray, my first color choice, it is in Ara Blue, which is my second color choice. It also does not have the red accents in the interior (but still has the upgraded leather package and carbon fiber inserts) or the Black Optics package but I actually prefer the silver accents on the blue car.

It is this car: https://www.audihuntsville.com/new/...ville+al-433597220a0e0a176b99821137192d71.htm and as of this morning Huntsville had approved the trade but my local dealership still had to decide what to send to them in return. If all goes well I might actually be in a car in a few days but I'm not completely getting my hopes up yet.

House_Of_Lightning

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
In other news I spoke to my salesperson at the Audi dealership and the trade deal for the California car fell through. The California dealership initially said "yes" but then wanted my local dealership to take 5 other cars in order to also get the TTRS so that killed the trade. As of yesterday he was still searching for cars that were either exact or close matches but since there were only 5 in the country in the spec that I had initially requested I went ahead and relaxed my search parameters somewhat and suggested a car I had seen online at Audi Huntsville. Instead of Daytona Gray, my first color choice, it is in Ara Blue, which is my second color choice. It also does not have the red accents in the interior (but still has the upgraded leather package and carbon fiber inserts) or the Black Optics package but I actually prefer the silver accents on the blue car.

It is this car: https://www.audihuntsville.com/new/...ville+al-433597220a0e0a176b99821137192d71.htm and as of this morning Huntsville had approved the trade but my local dealership still had to decide what to send to them in return. If all goes well I might actually be in a car in a few days but I'm not completely getting my hopes up yet.

Do you live on the East Coast? If you don't...

Sounds like a great time to fly to California and road trip back.

ascii42

Oct 25, 2017

I'm glad that when I went to the dealer to order my ATS there were none in the country that were stick-shift (and I was set on that. I hadn't had a stick shift car before and thought it would be cool to get a stick shift Caddy while I still could), which meant they couldn't even try to sell me on one that wasn't exactly what I wanted.

AzureJet

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Thanks. I've always liked blue sports cars and assuming this one happens it will be my 4th. My original 68 Mustang (my first car) was a similar shade. I heard back from my dealer tonight and it will be arriving sometime on Friday so it looks like by the weekend I will be taking delivery.

YuriLowell

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone have a 3rd gen acura tl?
I am looking at the 6 speed cars for a new daily driver.

Seems like the automatics have tons of issues.

Gifted

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone have a 3rd gen acura tl?
I am looking at the 6 speed cars for a new daily driver.

Seems like the automatics have tons of issues.
One of my best friends, basically my brother almost has one. It's an 05 automatic, he bought it used just under 5 years ago and hasn't had any issues. YMMV

golem

Oct 25, 2017

Damn this would be great for European delivery. I really dont need another coupe though.