• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Wazzaapp
uB62fIp.jpg

This is one gorgeous picture of your 2 series. Seriously wallpaper worthy. Nicely done!

MiDoZ

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Bought a brand new C 200 2013 and was not planning to have children any time soon. Fast forward to now and having two kids...

We can fit in the car almost fine. Thing is long trips are not really comfortable and storage room sucks. Planning to upgrade for a larger vehicle but anything around my price limit drives like ass compared to my car. I know I don't have the most luxuries car in the world, But man there is a difference.

Don_Tombery

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Bought a brand new C 200 2013 and was not planning to have children any time soon. Fast forward to now and having two kids...

We can fit in the car almost fine. Thing is long trips are not really comfortable and storage room sucks. Planning to upgrade for a larger vehicle but anything around my price limit drives like ass compared to my car. I know I don't have the most luxuries car in the world, But man there is a difference.

If you want the same with more room, there are the T models.
If you are going 1/2/3 years older, then you might also find a nice E class T-model.

Pachinko

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I need to take some proper pics still but I bought myself a Toyota 86 GT a couple weeks ago and since it's been mostly beautiful outside lately I'm really loving it. Going from a 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS to a 2018 car is quite a jump. I mean yeah there's plenty of cars with even more features and better screens and such but it's all new to me. The reviews for this car weren't kidding at all , it feels like I'm driving the piss out of it even going 60 clicks. Last summer on the old site I'd asked what people there thought of this car and got mostly positive impressions, I'm not sure how many came to era nor how many have stayed but I felt like sharing anyway. Curious how well I'll cope with winter driving with this thing but winter tires are 100% being purchased in probably about 3 months... and I've got a snow button ! what could go wrong lol

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey all
Has anyone seen the Netflix show Fastest Car? As a former DSM guy I was losing my shit at the 4G swapped Plymouth Colt. I've only known of one in my area a few years ago but seeing another in 2018 and on Netflix is blowing my mind.

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
Hey all
Has anyone seen the Netflix show Fastest Car? As a former DSM guy I was losing my shit at the 4G swapped Plymouth Colt. I've only known of one in my area a few years ago but seeing another in 2018 and on Netflix is blowing my mind.

I keep on forgetting to watch that one.

Have you seen this before? He's a good friend of mine.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
I need to take some proper pics still but I bought myself a Toyota 86 GT a couple weeks ago and since it's been mostly beautiful outside lately I'm really loving it. Going from a 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS to a 2018 car is quite a jump. I mean yeah there's plenty of cars with even more features and better screens and such but it's all new to me. The reviews for this car weren't kidding at all , it feels like I'm driving the piss out of it even going 60 clicks. Last summer on the old site I'd asked what people there thought of this car and got mostly positive impressions, I'm not sure how many came to era nor how many have stayed but I felt like sharing anyway. Curious how well I'll cope with winter driving with this thing but winter tires are 100% being purchased in probably about 3 months... and I've got a snow button ! what could go wrong lol

Very nice and congratulations! I did a similar thing recently going from a 2008 to a 2018 car and you are right, it is a whole new world. It took a couple of weeks just to get acclimated with the tech and safety features as well as learning to use the infotainment properly. Enjoy your 86!

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
so WRC+ all live... i subbed for a month to check it out thinking i could catch up on previous events and watch rally finland live next week but it seems you CANT watch all the live content for previous events? i found some highlight content for each event, but the full content only for june's rally italy.

re' this weekend's rally finland

all good so far with one major issue.... fucking time zones! never thought about how most events are so far off of the US time zones to make watching live utterly impractical. Finland is +10 hours! hopefully i can catch up not quite live, but the "re-live" feature for old events is extremely limited, like 3 out of 22 stages can be rewatched. if i cant watch the "all live" content a few hours later, this is an utter bust.

EDIT: aaand just saw a facebook post that wrc is offering 30% off all year subs this weekend. FIN18. please work out, thats a great deal

Last edited:

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
Just traded in my 2017 Toyota 86 for a 2018 Honda Civic Hatch Sport and am very happy with the new ride. Also feels good to be back in the Honda family after owning a DC2-R and AP2 S2k. Mod potential is amazing on this car.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
I hear you, I would find it hard to go back to a FWD car though.

The new civics are very composed outta the box with way less body roll than I expected and a pretty stiff chassis.. No doubt the 86 had better handling, steering, and driving position but then again, its not fair to compare those two directly.

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Brabham BT62 is looking and sounding amazing. Really wish I were at a point in my life to snatch one of these up. Did they ever mention where they sourced the engine from? I have a feeling it's a super customized Ford Aluminator XS / Voodoo / Coyote.

Edit: It is a Ford sourced engine.

Weighs less than 2150lbs
Has 700hp while being Naturally Aspirated.

Here it is running at Goodwood.

2018-Brabham-BT62-coupe-green-1001x565-%281%29.jpg

I wonder if Brabham will make a road going version of it or actually start making road going cars in general. It would be great to have such a powerful name in motor sports permanently join the super/hyper car giants.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
The Brabham BT62 is looking and sounding amazing. Really wish I were at a point in my life to snatch one of these up. Did they ever mention where they sourced the engine from? I have a feeling it's a super customized Ford Aluminator XS / Voodoo / Coyote.

Edit: It is a Ford sourced engine.

Weighs less than 2150lbs
Has 700hp while being Naturally Aspirated.

Here it is running at Goodwood.

2018-Brabham-BT62-coupe-green-1001x565-%281%29.jpg

I wonder if Brabham will make a road going version of it or actually start making road going cars in general. It would be great to have such a powerful name in motor sports permanently join the super/hyper car giants.

They've hinted at the design having considerations for a road going version down the line, seems like they're just taking things one step at a time for now since they're still small.

Very impressive car, inside and out, though.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Just traded in my 2017 Toyota 86 for a 2018 Honda Civic Hatch Sport and am very happy with the new ride. Also feels good to be back in the Honda family after owning a DC2-R and AP2 S2k. Mod potential is amazing on this car.

Wow, what prompted that change? You went from a dedicated RWD sports car to a sporty FWD hatch. Needed something with a little more space?

how did this get in my garage, boys

b56cBXW.jpg

;-)

Oh wow, congrats! I hear those are amazing. Enjoy it!

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Good job. Coupe or roadster?

I need to start diversifying from M but am a creature of habit.
Coupe

It's a really neat car, I saw one a couple of months back in person and it was quite unique. Mind if I ask your thought process in buying? There's some heavy competition in that space, with the NSX, GTR, Corvette ZR1, Audi R8, right?
just really impressed with the look and feel of the vehicle. I've been with BMW for the last 15 years with nothing but good experiences so it felt right. Didn't really look at other brands this time.

Oct 25, 2017
I have been driving my friends 2017 Civic Si for the past few days since he let me borrow it while my extended family is using my car for the week. I gotta say, I am getting really addicted to this car, it's not like it's a powerhouse or anything but my god it's just sooo much fun.

Strongly considering trading in my 2010 CRV and putting it towards a lease on an Si because it's gonna be haaard going back.

YuriLowell

Oct 26, 2017
I've been thinking about getting rid of my e92 M3 and getting a Type R. M3 is getting up there in miles (90K) and I haven't done the rod bearings yet.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
I've been thinking about getting rid of my e92 M3 and getting a Type R. M3 is getting up there in miles (90K) and I haven't done the rod bearings yet.

I say do it, assuming you can pick up a Type R at or near sticker. It's arguably the best performance car on the market at that pricepoint. I've made my peace with the looks and would drive one in a heartbeat if I was in the market.

YuriLowell

Oct 26, 2017
I have found a couple up in Northern VA at what seems to be sticker price for a 2019. (35K)
It looks like the second gear grind has been eliminated on the 2019 models.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
I like the back, the front grill on the other hand is way too 80s for the rest of the bodywork. Pretty jarring.

porsche-911-992-4-copy-1.jpg

golem

Oct 25, 2017
I really dont like the front hood shape. Im sure straight lines cost less in the production process but it just looks ugly to me

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Like most cars it will definitely look better in person. I'm not a big fan of the horizontal light bar that Porsche is doing on all of its models now on the back end but it also is better in person than in pictures. The current 991.2 is already so good that I will be very interested to see what Porsche does with the 992 to make it worth the upgrade. I have it in my mind that a 911 of some sort will be in my garage someday (as a sports car guy and a Porsche fan I feel like it is an ownership experience that has to happen) but I really don't know if it will be a late model or one of the older ones. Either way it is something I will be keeping my eye on.

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone have any experience on here with a Jeep Grand Cherokee? Thinking of picking up a 2012 with 70k miles.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
I pick up my Giulia Ti w/sport package today.

resized_20180731_1338dlf09.jpg

Beautiful! Best looking sport sedan on the market, in my opinion. I very strongly considered a Giulia Quadrifoglio before I purchased the TTRS. They just have so much more personality than most other sport sedans. Enjoy it!

Anyone have any experience on here with a Jeep Grand Cherokee? Thinking of picking up a 2012 with 70k miles.
Not much, no, but condition and maintenance can tell you a lot. Is it from a dealership or private party? Knowing if the scheduled maintenance has been performed on time can tell you if it was taken care of or neglected which would help to inform your decision.

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Here's the new to me Jeep Grand Cherokee. Fully loaded panoramic sunroof, nav, leather etc. Love it! Had it fully 3rd party inspected and it's all good. 70k miles drives like a dream got it for 15k. Like 4k under kbb. Insanity to me someone would buy this new for like $50k+. I guess if you just have the money to throw around but even if you did you could get the exact same experience for less than 1/4th the price. Completely detailed and it's like it's brand new. And you just eat the most rapid depreciation whereas used it's much slower. Like a 30k plus loss over 5 years vs 5k over 4. Honestly the deal I got I expect it to be at 12-15k value in 4 years.

42946734445_71ee1fba4b_k.jpg

Last edited:

Marz

Oct 30, 2017
Here's the new to me Jeep Grand Cherokee. Fully loaded panoramic sunroof, nav, leather etc. Love it! Had it fully 3rd party inspected and it's all good. 70k miles drives like a dream got it for 15k. Like 4k under kbb. Insanity to me someone would buy this new for like $50k+. I guess if you just have the money to throw around but even if you did you could get the exact same experience for less than 1/4th the price. Completely detailed and it's like it's brand new. And you just eat the most rapid depreciation whereas used it's much slower. Like a 30k plus loss over 5 years vs 5k over 4. Honestly the deal I got I expect it to be at 12-15k value in 4 years.

Pretty. Sounds like you got an amazing deal. I've been eyeing one of these for a while.

ascii42

Oct 25, 2017

Awesome. I like those, and they are pretty nice when loaded.

Arebours

Oct 27, 2017
Any cars being made that doesn't look like transformers? Late nineties early 00 Audi and BMW look so much better than whatever they are making these days.