• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DevilNeverCry

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Picked up a Suzuki Swift GLX 1.5l recently for my first car as i passed my driving test a month back . Had the money to purchase something better than a standard hatchback but insurance price for students in the uk is an absolute piss take. Anything bigger than a 1.5l engine will cost you a stupid amount. Good luck getting a renowned german brand, the prices skyrocket. BlackBoxes can also suck a fat one .

EGOMON

Nov 5, 2017
Earth
Hello, my first post in the new website

I have 2013 MK6 GTI, i am planning to buy Mustang Ecoboost and give the GTI to my wife, what do you think guys am i downgarding? upgrading? sidegrading?

Oct 27, 2017
My daily driver.

Video of me burning off old tires and having some fun:

r3W4tuC.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Do people just do this stuff in random parking lots? Isn't it illegal?

Asking because I've got tire replacements coming up soon...

All the time. Illegal? Probably, but just don't get caught or hope a really cool cop pulls up. Most cops are pretty cool about it. Usually just ask us to leave and don't come back.

candide

Oct 30, 2017
I drive a Mazda CX-5. I like how it drives and how it looks. Last week I had a minor scratch repaired and saw the new CX-5 facelift at the dealer with the very thin front and back lights (similar to the Mazda pictures posted above). I must say I hate the new style (on pictures it's sort of ok but really awful in person). I'm planning to buy a new car next year and either I'll still manage to get an pre-facelift Mazda (I expect this new style to spread to all the other models too) or I'll look elsewhere.

Oct 26, 2017
California
White-car-ERA: Thinking of going 30% on the tint all the way around (sans windshield). Thoughts?

I have red interior, and would like it to peek through just a bit, but am ready to stop driving a fish bowl.

I don't particularly have an affinity for mismatched tint (e.g. 5% in the back and 35% in front), so I want to get something that will cool the car, provide some darkening inside, yet not draw too much attention from the LEOs.

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
White-car-ERA: Thinking of going 30% on the tint all the way around (sans windshield). Thoughts?

I have red interior, and would like it to peek through just a bit, but am ready to stop driving a fish bowl.

I don't particularly have an affinity for mismatched tint (e.g. 5% in the back and 35% in front), so I want to get something that will cool the car, provide some darkening inside, yet not draw too much attention from the LEOs.

I have 5% tint all around my car except the windshield. I've gotten a few tickets over the years but it's no big deal - car looks great.

Oct 27, 2017

When I had a white car I ran 5% tint. While it looked great, was not something I will ever have again on a car. I usually run 18%-20% on my cars now. Good balance of my wants and needs for window tint. Never been pulled over for any illegal percent tint in my area. Generally law enforcement pulls someone over for window tint because they have probable cause for something else or they are being nit picky for no reason. Get a letter from a doctor to say you can have it and will never be an issue again if the law enforcement in your area is strict about it. Very easy to get that letter I've heard. If you get 30%-35% that shouldn't draw any attention.

Oct 26, 2017
California
I have 5% tint all around my car except the windshield. I've gotten a few tickets over the years but it's no big deal - car looks great.
I don't think I can run 5% without some attention. Especially with the massive contrast a white car will create. And how is the visibility at night?

When I had a white car I ran 5% tint. While it looked great, was not something I will ever have again on a car. I usually run 18%-20% on my cars now. Good balance of my wants and needs for window tint. Never been pulled over for any illegal percent tint in my area. Generally law enforcement pulls someone over for window tint because they have probable cause for something else or they are being nit picky for no reason. Get a letter from a doctor to say you can have it and will never be an issue again if the law enforcement in your area is strict about it. Very easy to get that letter I've heard. If you get 30%-35% that shouldn't draw any attention.

Yea, I might knock it down to 25%. We'll see. I want dark, but not to where the cops look at you and immediately give you crap for it. I think that might be a good number.

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I can run 5% without some attention. Especially with the massive contrast a white car will create. And how is the visibility at night?

Yea, I might knock it down to 25%. We'll see. I want dark, but not to where the cops look at you and immediately give you crap for it. I think that might be a good number.

Sometimes I have to roll down my window to see at night - but the aesthetics are so top notch I don't mind. 97% of the time they no bother to me. The contrast between white and black is beautiful.

Also, I tend to roll down my windows when I see cops. The only cops that care are the small town ones that have nothing better to do.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017

My car has 30% on White, look first page.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
Looks good. I almost did 20% all around.

I ended up going 20% front 5% back and sides. It looks pretty legit. Just waiting for it to fully cure, though I don't see too many bubbles at all. I'll post a pic soon.

Man 5 is limo tint I did that once on one of my cars all around, and it made driving in the rain difficult to see behind me and on the sides. I actually side swiped a car. Haha but you went lighter up front.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
nice car dude. Does the US version come with the red line stitching and the blacked out emblems?

Debating between this or the 86 for next car.
No Actually I added that myself just to give the car a little personality. Since those pics I added a custom exhaust for a deeper note. It added to the enjoyment of driving the car.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
speaking of tint, my 2013 rear window is bubbling all of a sudden. is this primarily from sun exposure? how long is a good tint supposed to last (i think this is factory installed)?

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
So the 2018 Mazda 6 expected to debut at the LA show at the end of the month, already somewhat confirmed that it will be getting the CX9 turbo engine producing around 250HP. I hope those weird rumors a while back about it being RWD is true, will jump up to the top of my shopping list. Its hard to find an AWD or RWD sedan with 200HP+ in around the $30K range. Other than the WRX there isn't much else.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, I don't think I've seen a luxury car manufacturer drop the ball on styling as hard as Aston just did on the new Vantage. Juxtaposing old Eclipse headlights onto a Vulcan front grille has made this thing look like a kitted Miata. Don't like the rear either, or how pretty much their entire brand is losing the identity that differentiated it and now looks like some low-end boutique supercar brand. Everything was so good until like 2013 or so when everything fell off of a cliff IMO.

06-2018-aston-martin-v8-vantage-1.jpg

04-2018-aston-martin-v8-vantage-1.jpg

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what I expected, but it looks tame?

Dark times ahead with even Ferrari moving into the SUV market.

SliChillax

Oct 30, 2017
Tirana, Albania
Wow, I don't think I've seen a luxury car manufacturer drop the ball on styling as hard as Aston just did on the new Vantage. Juxtaposing old Eclipse headlights onto a Vulcan front grille has made this thing look like a kitted Miata. Don't like the rear either, or how pretty much their entire brand is losing the identity that differentiated it and now looks like some low-end boutique supercar brand. Everything was so good until like 2013 or so when everything fell off of a cliff IMO.

06-2018-aston-martin-v8-vantage-1.jpg

04-2018-aston-martin-v8-vantage-1.jpg
Man I absolutely hate it, the interior is also really bad. What the hell happened? The rear end looks like this guy
wazzup-scream.jpg

House_Of_Lightning

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Denver, CO

And when I mean by looking at them once a week, I mean online window shopping LOL...

That Haldex will be useful winter time.

re: Aston Martin

Makes sense given that's their "entry" model. But how much can they lift straight from Mercedes and AMG before they just become an "up market" AMG? What will they do when MB rolls out the new SL line? What are they doing different from the AMG GT? If it's just a different tune and a different interior that still has Mercedes bits and pieces here and there, what's the point in buying one? AMG will be cheaper, Benz interior will be incredibly nice. Etc.

What's the point in someone buying an Aston over something like a Ferrari at that point?

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
lol fucking Mazda, everyone asking for a more powerful engine in the 6.
They make it to 250HP, but only available in automatic transmission.
1 step forward, 2 steps back.

Also no AWD at all, 250HP to the front wheel with LSD is gonna be a bitch.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I was struggling to find the thread without "Auto" in the title. Half expected it to be a thread on ATVs lol.

Anyway, feelings on Mazda's Tokyo concepts?

The Kai (Future Mazda3)

Mazda-Kai-concept-profile.jpg

Mazda-Kai-concept-cabin-02.jpg

Mazda-Kai-Concept-front-overhead.jpg

horqbvmnh87j2jwtmipg.jpg

Vision Coupe (4 door, maybe Mazda 6? Takes a lot from that beautiful Vision concept)

Mazda-Vision-Coupe-concept-front-three-quarter-02.jpg

Mazda-Vision-Coupe-concept-rear-three-quarter-02-1.jpg

Mazda-Vision-Coupe-concept-tail-light.jpg

Mazda-Vision-Coupe-concept-interior.jpg

I love it all. If they can translate these concepts into production, and even add more powerful options on a more upscale Mazda6 for example, I might be a lifelong customer of Mazdas.

Just catching up with the thread, but wow these are stunning! I really hope the production versions are as close to these as possible. The Vision Coupe (Mazda 6?) in particular is just perfection!

Lorcain

Oct 27, 2017
Are there any Ford Focus RS owners here? I'm going to replace my 2013 WRX in the next 6-7 months, and I'm considering the Focus RS, the Golf R, the Subaru STI, and the Audi S3. My biggest concern with the RS/Golf R/Audi S3 is that these are front wheel-biased AWD systems. I hear that they have torque steer under power?

Really want an S3 but that's pushing it price-wise.
Did you ever get the chance to test drive all 4 cars? I was seriously considering buying a 2017 Golf R, but none of the VW dealers near me (Wash DC area) would let customers test drive their R's. They said R buyers won't purchase them if there are test drive miles on them.

I test drove an autobahn GTI instead. It had the same adaptive dampening system (DCC) as the R, and the same brakes. I liked it so much I bought the GTI instead. The VW dealers in the Northern VA area offer crazy good deals on GTI's, often $6,000 below MSRP. Unfortunately no deals on the R.

The GTI is enough power and quickness for my daily commute. I'd get in trouble quickly with significantly more power.

Duracelllll

Oct 27, 2017
Doug DeMuro did a video on the R34 GT-R https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VQIjYBbawE
Pretty good video overall, the main statements which are incorrect is no external Nissan badges - this just just has its rear Nissan badge removed. Being a 1999 car this would have had the smaller Nissan badge, while the series 2 cars get the larger Nissan badge. This particular car also has the wrong GT-R badge (it's from the R35), and it's obviously not a V-Spec II either. The other thing is first gear lockout - neither of my R34 GT-Rs have this and I don't believe it does from factory. The other strange part of the video is the complete lack of video about the engine and only a very short shot of it at the end. Overall Doug gives a score of 64/100. 6 for styling?!

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Doug DeMuro did a video on the R34 GT-R https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VQIjYBbawE
Pretty good video overall, the main statements which are incorrect is no external Nissan badges - this just just has its rear Nissan badge removed. Being a 1999 car this would have had the smaller Nissan badge, while the series 2 cars get the larger Nissan badge. This particular car also has the wrong GT-R badge (it's from the R35), and it's obviously not a V-Spec II either. The other thing is first gear lockout - neither of my R34 GT-Rs have this and I don't believe it does from factory. The other strange part of the video is the complete lack of video about the engine and only a very short shot of it at the end. Overall Doug gives a score of 64/100. 6 for styling?!
Yeah definitely not a 6 for styling, I think he kind of has it backwards with respect to how cars get praised on their looks.

Definitely noticed a number of inconsistencies in his video, but those others you mention are crazy. Only recently subbed to his channel, now I'm kind of skeptical whether he's actually knowledgeable or just googles some anecdotes or passes along whatever the owner says for ever video.