• Welcome to ResetEra 2.0! Guests should now be able to save their dark or light theme preferences, found on the left sidebar.

AutomotiveEra |OT| Four are better than two

Oct 28, 2017
The Colorado and Canyon both offer a manual as well. As do the Ram 2500/3500 with the diesel engine, oddly enough.

How common they are depends on age. Last year, I was primarily looking at mid-90s to early 2000s compact trucks. While they were far from the majority a decent amount had a manual transmission. Wound up getting a 2006 Mazda B2300 with a manual transmission for $3k.
Interesting, I think I missed these because the Colorado and Canyon only offer a manual on the 4-cylinder engines in 2WD configurations, what I can tell. We were looking for a six-cylinder with 4WD (we're in Maine). Those configurators are a nightmare, though, maybe some other way to sort it in there. The RAMs as you note are on the big boys with the diesel only, so you're up in $55k+ range at that point, new. Thanks for the info, though, interesting to see.

Oct 25, 2017
I’m looking to purchase a sports sedan in the next year or two. Had my sights set on an Audi s5, but recently the Genesis G70 caught my eye. It’s getting good reviews, and similarly specced, its $15,000 less than the s5. I mean, I can afford the s5, but $15,000 is still a lot of money. Has anyone driving the G70 yet here?

Or any other suggestions?

Oct 27, 2017
Goddam, that is like my dream car. I desperately want the old R8 V10 with a manual in white.
He took me around in it and it's so awesome! I've never been in an R8, I've driven in a Ferrari 458 Italia and other high end cars before, but not the R8 V10 Plus. The idle sound was even loud as shit. It sounded so good, and I have a 2018 AMG C63S which is a V8TT with 505HP and it was louder than mine.