• We are delighted to introduce GiftBot 2.0, the next generation of our popular gifting feature. To celebrate, we'll be giving away some incredible prizes over the coming weeks in one big Giveaway Extravaganza!

AutomotiveEra |OT| Four are better than two

2002whitegt

Oct 27, 2017
Just had a local car photographer do a photo shoot with my car, and I was blown away by the results. I learned I suck at photography, and a pro can just flat out find the right angles.

BMW

Oct 25, 2017
It's my fathers weekend toy, but he has been DDing it a bit while the weather is nice.
The annoying thing is that the car brings a lot of unwanted attention - last week some guy followed my dad to work lol. The other day some guy in a Tesla Model 3 pulled up and floored it - I legitimately thought the guy was gonna wreck as there was so much tire squeal. I thought the guy completely lost traction lol.
Yes, bright colored sports cars always bring attention but that's the nature of the game. You're dad fully expected it haha.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
learning angles (and other aspects of photo composition) is not that hard. Shoot a bunch of toys and action figures to practice, even your phone will do!

2002whitegt

Oct 27, 2017
Super clean! Car looks wicked. Gonna need to make this my pc wallpaper.
Thanks! Really Impressed with the shots I got.

Holy shit those are amazing shots. Helps that your car looks awesome!
The pictures make it look so much better, seriously thinking about getting a print to hang on the wall. When I got the download link I was blown away.

learning angles (and other aspects of photo composition) is not that hard. Shoot a bunch of toys and action figures to practice, even your phone will do!
I actually pulled out my old Nikon D3300 and I'm going to start to put some effort into learning.

Tanooki

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
There is literally no reason for me to own a truck, but I'm about to pull the trigger on a Rubicon Gladiator. but I literally just got out of my negative equity on a my current vehicle, and would want to keep it alongside the Gladiator. I see so many people stomping on it, but I can't help but a drool a little every time I see one. (which hasn't been very often yet)

BriareosGAF

Oct 28, 2017
There is literally no reason for me to own a truck, but I'm about to pull the trigger on a Rubicon Gladiator. but I literally just got out of my negative equity on a my current vehicle, and would want to keep it alongside the Gladiator. I see so many people stomping on it, but I can't help but a drool a little every time I see one. (which hasn't been very often yet)
Have you been inside one? I test drove them maybe ten years ago, so my info is outdated, but I was surprised at how cheap and plasticky a Jeep interior was constructed. Was expecting something a bit tougher given the brand reputation. I had last driven an 1980s Jeep and probably had canonized my memory of them along these lines:

Interiors of Minis turned me off in a similar way. This all probably explains my Land Rover Defender fetish.

Tanooki

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Have you been inside one? I test drove them maybe ten years ago, so my info is outdated, but I was surprised at how cheap and plasticky a Jeep interior was constructed. Was expecting something a bit tougher given the brand reputation. I had last driven an 1980s Jeep and probably had canonized my memory of them along these lines:
I have! Jeeps have been on my radar for a while, and a good buddy of mine just got a (base) 2019 Wrangler. Definitely get what you mean about the plastic look - and it isn't limited to the interior either, I find some of the exterior trimming to have a slightly off-putting cheap texture to it, too. That being said, I've kind of just come to terms with that being a part of the Jeep Chaaarm. Another major snag for me is that I find it rather uncomfortable to drive manual in Jeeps (Wrangler/Gladiator) and the clutch is not very responsive. I've never owned a Chrysler, but I've been told that's common for them.

Ugh. Like I said, there isn't really any practical reason for me to buy a truck, or even a Jeep at this point in my life. It's just something I really want to see in my parking lot, lol.

Side note: Mini interior is waaaaay worse.

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
2020 Toyota Supra Super GT GT500. Nissan and Toyota shakedown at Suzuka, Honda isn't because NSX shown was show car without engine

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
my local mazda dealer has a 30AE ND.... it looks so good wtf
Someone in my neighborhood has it. It looks good in Orange, but it looks good from afar in Orange. I don't know if it will continue to look good every day in my driveway or if I would look good in it, if that makes any sense.

The Ceramic metallic is the best looking color on the ND i think, followed closely by the Soul Red and Machine Grey (with cherry top if soft top). I got Soul Red / black interior because University of Georgia GO DAWGS but if it weren't for that, i'd have gone with the Ceramic.

Anyways you should totally do it if you want to get rid of the rx-7. "get rid of the RX-7" hurts me to type and I don't even own it, but i'm sure throwing tons of money at it to keep it on the road is probably annoying as fuck.

Envelope

Oct 25, 2017
Someone in my neighborhood has it. It looks good in Orange, but it looks good from afar in Orange. I don't know if it will continue to look good every day in my driveway or if I would look good in it, if that makes any sense.

The Ceramic metallic is the best looking color on the ND i think, followed closely by the Soul Red and Machine Grey (with cherry top if soft top). I got Soul Red / black interior because University of Georgia GO DAWGS but if it weren't for that, i'd have gone with the Ceramic.

Anyways you should totally do it if you want to get rid of the rx-7. "get rid of the RX-7" hurts me to type and I don't even own it, but i'm sure throwing tons of money at it to keep it on the road is probably annoying as fuck.
yeah i still love driving it but between only really being able to drive it for 4-5 months a year, the rotary tax that comes with every repair, maintenance, part replacement, etc, and the realization I had more fun actively building the car up to its current level than just owning it in its current state I think I'm about ready to let it go - the freedom that comes with having something easy and cheap to drive/maintain while still keeping the fun that comes with driving sounds much more appealing and a miata ticks all those boxes.