AutomotiveEra |OT| Four are better than two

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
would be nice if someone does it
a discord just wrecks the traffic in the thread. I feel like the thread is better. Discord will inevitably have a bunch of OT chatter and stuff like questions, pics, etc will get lost in the noise. Thread only is better for participation and for others to wander in and start posting. With a discord, the thread becomes a ghost town and less people see it. It's happened with every ERA community that I am in. It turns your community thread into a more insular discord community, and the thread starts dying. I wouldn't.

Envelope

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone ever get super indecisive? Been looking at the MX-5, BRZ/FR-S, maybe WRX... just getting nervous about committing to the cost of purchase. Looking at only 2014 and newer, up to maybe even new.

MX-5 might be my first choice but to get a newer one (with the hardtop) is not cheap. ~_~

I'm trying hard to fight the urge to buy another practical economy car just because of the difference in cost. Ahhh. I just feel nervous about making the "wrong decision".
That's me... I like my Mazda 3 but I know I want a sportier car, but rumors of a new gen BRZ have me hesitant to jump in right now and there is no market for MX-5s in my area.

Dave.

Oct 27, 2017
a discord just wrecks the traffic in the thread. I feel like the thread is better. Discord will inevitably have a bunch of OT chatter and stuff like questions, pics, etc will get lost in the noise. Thread only is better for participation and for others to wander in and start posting. With a discord, the thread becomes a ghost town and less people see it. It's happened with every ERA community that I am in. It turns your community thread into a more insular discord community, and the thread starts dying. I wouldn't.
Well said.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I keep trying to see what I could get for my 2000 Civic Si (EM1) in order to move on to a FRS/BRZ/86. I do love the car it's just... I've wanted a FRS since before launch, following the long tease on the development to the car. The decision came between getting a FRS or going back to school. I went back to school, and I think it was the right decision, but the desire for the 86 never left.

I think if I clean up the EM1 a bit more (got a noisy accessory belt pulley somewhere, a leaky oil pan and trailing arm bushings to definitely do) I could probably get over halfway easily. Cheap FRSes are like 10-12k in my area; I threw a feeler out for my EM1 for 6k and my phone lit up. The EM1 still feels incredible, and refreshing rubber bits will give it even more life. But everytime I drive it in the winter I die a little inside. I feel like I'm hurting it and ruining the value lol.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
You got a 2016 right? i've been a little apprensive about going with a 16 over a 17 of 18 because i heard the 16s have weaker transmissions that got revised for the following years...
yeah, but those transmissions get replaced under warranty if you have one of the 5% of them or whatever that are bad. I would just buy a newer model, tho. You can get a 17 or 18 for right around 20k. Cheap!

Carvana good? I think that’s what I’ll end up using when I get my next car which is between the RF Miata and a Type R
Yep. i've bought my last 2 cars from them, and my sister's family purchased their cars from them as well. Prices well below used lots for the most part, you get a week or 400 miles to "try" the car out/have it inspected and if you don't want it, you get your money back no questions asked. It's great.

Kiria

Oct 29, 2017
I just like discord as its a more private place to chat/share than forums, but this is just my opinion

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
This has been such a blast to drive. I wish I could live in the 5000 to 7800 rpm range cause, man, what it sound. I also wasn't expecting sport plus to be so aggressive, the gear change is aggressive as fuck, I did not expect that kick. I might use sport plus here and there to enter the freeway but that's about it. Sport is good enough for me 99% of the time.

I already have radiator grills and clear side led markers on the way. After that I'm going to buy the GTS' rear diffuser and tail lights.