• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Aventador SVJ finally got officially unveiled too. Really don't like the new front fascia, but otherwise, it's 100% in line with the ridiculous designs of top-end Lamborghinis of today.

518281-1.jpg

More pictures here. Much more flattering in the racing livery than the green.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Predictions on how long until our actual cars look like these concept cars? I myself can't wait to be driving around in something that looks like it came out of Tron with a dash of Star Trek! (I'm not kidding, I want to drive a spaceship).

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Predictions on how long until our actual cars look like these concept cars? I myself can't wait to be driving around in something that looks like it came out of Tron with a dash of Star Trek! (I'm not kidding, I want to drive a spaceship).
I think the EV car wave will spur the next revolution in automotive design, and the autonomous wave will again shortly afterwards. Many manufacturers are doubling down on EVs and refreshing their entire lineups by 2022-2024, and taking the opportunity to redefine their brand image, I think Jaguar, VW, and to a lesser degree, Audi, have been fairly aggressive about this.

It got a lot of shit but I think the Volt was fairly important in bridging the gap between recent concept car design and production models.

It's a suuuuper exciting time for automobiles, and I think the floodgates will open once competitors have enough time to get battery suppliers that can keep up with Tesla, which will also probably take until 2022-2024.

Irnbru

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
M240 + Washington Backrounds = pure bliss
KDPDWJB.jpg

Going to be heading down the Oregon coast today. Fuuuck, anyone seen the specs on the new m2, they had to keep up with the rs3 I guess.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
M240 + Washington Backrounds = pure bliss
KDPDWJB.jpg

Going to be heading down the Oregon coast today. Fuuuck, anyone seen the specs on the new m2, they had to keep up with the rs3 I guess.

Sounds like you had a blast! My only wish for the M2 is adaptive suspension although I won't complain about the revised engine and interior bits either.

Irnbru

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Sounds like you had a blast! My only wish for the M2 is adaptive suspension although I won't complain about the revised engine and interior bits either.

It's a god send on the longer trips, although maybe a little sacrilegious I got mine with awd since I go up skiing a lot lol. Also, route 47 in Oregon on the way to the coast, totally empty and nothing but curves, oh my god so much fun.

Zeusy

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
WA
Hello, not sure if this is the correct place to post. Anyway I want to install some LED headlights in my car, but A) idk if my car can? B)where would be a good place to buy them C) any good installation advise/guide?

Also I have a 2016 Hyundai Sonata SE

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hello, not sure if this is the correct place to post. Anyway I want to install some LED headlights in my car, but A) idk if my car can? B)where would be a good place to buy them C) any good installation advise/guide?

Also I have a 2016 Hyundai Sonata SE

You almost certainly can but you're basically installing a ludicrously expensive exterior aesthetic that annoys people in front of you at night. You'll never see it unless you have a ghost riding whip accident. On the plus side it's a general safety improvement (except for the dazzled drivers in front of you) - make sure they're angled legally and safely. If it's a good install then they are reliable and long lasting.

Also you are asking in the right place.

Kiria

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
younger brother is out of the country so i took his parking spot. now that parking spot is near a AC condenser

how bad is it to park near this? as i don't want to damage my paint nor headlights

20180827_174154.jpg

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
younger brother is out of the country so i took his parking spot. now that parking spot is near a AC condenser

how bad is it to park near this? as i don't want to damage my paint nor headlights

20180827_174154.jpg

Is it constantly blowing air on your car? If so I wouldn't keep it parked there unless you have full paint protection or ceramic coating at the very least. Most people probably wouldn't care but if you love your car and are as OCD about it as I am then you sweat the small stuff. =P

Kiria

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Is it constantly blowing air on your car? If so I wouldn't keep it parked there unless you have full paint protection or ceramic coating at the very least. Most people probably wouldn't care but if you love your car and are as OCD about it as I am then you sweat the small stuff. =P

of course i love my car . well it won't blow anything anytime soon. as the one living on that room was the brother next to me. and he wont be back until mid september

looks like ill just use my original parking space even tho its harder to park there when he gets back

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
Alright so two latest upgrades--
Carbon Fiber Overlay for the shifter replacing that scratched up gloss black bezel.

qdLTsea.jpg

And Eyelids

Jys9cuJ.jpg

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
I like the carbon fiber overlay. My car has one in the same area as well as on the door handles and I really like the look.

GAFChuck

Nov 23, 2017
Hey guys, I need car warranty help, long post, tl/dr at the bottom.

I purchased a Hyundai Santa-Fe used (but still under warranty) in a Hyundai dealer, just about two years ago. On the day of the purchase, I also purchased an extended warranty for an additional 5 years and 100k kms, which means until 200k kms and january 2023, the car is currently nowhere near this limit. The warranty covers everything that was covered by the original warranty.

I have done every maintenance at this dealer, at the recommended intervals/mileage.

Earlier this year I had a banging sound in the engine, had it towed to the dealer, and they told me it was the "long block" that was the problem, and had to be replaced, a 10k$ part. I thought this should be a simple replacement since I am under extended warranty. Then they told me they had to get the replacement "approved" by Hyundai Canada before they could proceed with the replacement, and told me it could take up to 10 days to get the approval.

Two weeks later and still no news, I give them a call, and they told me they had no answer yet. I decided to give Hyundai Canada a call, they told me they would get in touch with my dealer and I would be getting news from the dealer, as they were not supposed to deal directly with me.

Another two weeks go by, still no news, I give my dealer another call, still nothing on their side. I asked them if they could call Hyundai Canada to put some pressure so I could get my car back since it had now been a month and still nothing was done. They told me there was nothing they could do, and it was entirely in Hyundai Canada's hands. I gave Hyundai Canada another call to put pressure on myself, still the same thing, not supposed to talk to me directly yada yada yada. A couple days later I get news from the dealer saying they had been requested pictures of the engine block. They sent me the pictures, it was an overhead view of the engine block, probably to see if it had been maintained properly, I asked a colleague who used to be a mechanic to have a look at them and he said there was no sign of oil leakage or anything suspicious, basically a well maintained engine.

Another month goes by, still nothing. Give the dealer another call, "nothing we can do, Hyundai Canada, etc...", give Hyundai Canada another call, this is now the third time I call them, and they know it, and they tell me they just had a resolution on the problem, but they couldn't tell me what the answer was because they can't talk to me directly, but they will call my dealer. I call my dealer twenty minutes later and they tell me they got the ok to get the car fixed. Great! They put an order on the part and now we just have to wait until it gets repaired.

One month later, still nothing, I give the dealer a call, and they tell me the long block is still on back order. In other words, it has not even been shipped yet, and we still have no idea when it will be shipped.

I am now three months without my car, and I have purchased a extended warranty nearly 4 grand to prevent this kind of problem from happening, I have literally done everything I could possibly do to prevent similar problems from happening to me. Is there a time limit for them to fix this? Can I do anything about it?

TL/DR: Purchased a used car under dealer warranty, purchased extended warranty for 4 grands, the repair has been approved after a painful 2 months, and another month later and it's still on backorder, still no fix in sight.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
To the above, sounds like you need to get an attorney involved. Its clear either the dealership or Hyundai Canada is stonewalling you and is not outright denying your claim but is dragging their feet so much that they might as well be denying your claim. I would let them both know in no uncertain terms that if they do not provide proof of repairs in progress or replacement of the vehicle within a timely manner that you will be taking legal action as well as letting everyone that you know that no one should be doing business with that dealership or Hyundai Canada.

Skai

Oct 27, 2017
Bought a new 2019 RAM Rebel and really like it. The drive is SO smooth, and so quite inside the cabin. The Uconnect is really slick too, but I don't like how you can only store 12 radio stations.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Buy a proper torque wrench people. Just went to have tires put on and the guy sheared a stud and wouldn't go further. This is my 2nd stud I've destroyed and had to replace. Don't be dumb like me, get the correct tool and don't over tighten.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys, I need car warranty help, long post, tl/dr at the bottom.

I purchased a Hyundai Santa-Fe used (but still under warranty) in a Hyundai dealer, just about two years ago. On the day of the purchase, I also purchased an extended warranty for an additional 5 years and 100k kms, which means until 200k kms and january 2023, the car is currently nowhere near this limit. The warranty covers everything that was covered by the original warranty.

I have done every maintenance at this dealer, at the recommended intervals/mileage.

Earlier this year I had a banging sound in the engine, had it towed to the dealer, and they told me it was the "long block" that was the problem, and had to be replaced, a 10k$ part. I thought this should be a simple replacement since I am under extended warranty. Then they told me they had to get the replacement "approved" by Hyundai Canada before they could proceed with the replacement, and told me it could take up to 10 days to get the approval.

Two weeks later and still no news, I give them a call, and they told me they had no answer yet. I decided to give Hyundai Canada a call, they told me they would get in touch with my dealer and I would be getting news from the dealer, as they were not supposed to deal directly with me.

Another two weeks go by, still no news, I give my dealer another call, still nothing on their side. I asked them if they could call Hyundai Canada to put some pressure so I could get my car back since it had now been a month and still nothing was done. They told me there was nothing they could do, and it was entirely in Hyundai Canada's hands. I gave Hyundai Canada another call to put pressure on myself, still the same thing, not supposed to talk to me directly yada yada yada. A couple days later I get news from the dealer saying they had been requested pictures of the engine block. They sent me the pictures, it was an overhead view of the engine block, probably to see if it had been maintained properly, I asked a colleague who used to be a mechanic to have a look at them and he said there was no sign of oil leakage or anything suspicious, basically a well maintained engine.

Another month goes by, still nothing. Give the dealer another call, "nothing we can do, Hyundai Canada, etc...", give Hyundai Canada another call, this is now the third time I call them, and they know it, and they tell me they just had a resolution on the problem, but they couldn't tell me what the answer was because they can't talk to me directly, but they will call my dealer. I call my dealer twenty minutes later and they tell me they got the ok to get the car fixed. Great! They put an order on the part and now we just have to wait until it gets repaired.

One month later, still nothing, I give the dealer a call, and they tell me the long block is still on back order. In other words, it has not even been shipped yet, and we still have no idea when it will be shipped.

I am now three months without my car, and I have purchased a extended warranty nearly 4 grand to prevent this kind of problem from happening, I have literally done everything I could possibly do to prevent similar problems from happening to me. Is there a time limit for them to fix this? Can I do anything about it?

TL/DR: Purchased a used car under dealer warranty, purchased extended warranty for 4 grands, the repair has been approved after a painful 2 months, and another month later and it's still on backorder, still no fix in sight.

To the above, sounds like you need to get an attorney involved. Its clear either the dealership or Hyundai Canada is stonewalling you and is not outright denying your claim but is dragging their feet so much that they might as well be denying your claim. I would let them both know in no uncertain terms that if they do not provide proof of repairs in progress or replacement of the vehicle within a timely manner that you will be taking legal action as well as letting everyone that you know that no one should be doing business with that dealership or Hyundai Canada.

I couldn't agree more. You could pay a lawyer to write a letter asking for the return of the vehicle with repairs made, or that a lawsuit will follow seeking damages for time lost without the car etc............What ever the lawyer charges, it will be worth it.

godofcookery

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Been two years since I've owned a car. Decided to go with this:

Excited to break it in!

Last edited:

golem

Oct 25, 2017
I couldn't agree more. You could pay a lawyer to write a letter asking for the return of the vehicle with repairs made, or that a lawsuit will follow seeking damages for time lost without the car etc............What ever the lawyer charges, it will be worth it.
A possible alternative to a lawyer the op might want to try is too see if a local TV station has a consumer affairs team that will air publicly what has been going on. Nothing worse than bad publicity for a business.

GAFChuck

Nov 23, 2017
Thanks guys, will look into a lawyer. Not a fan of the TV thing, I don't care if their business is hurt, I just want my damn car, and my time back.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Been two years since I've owned a car. Decided to go with this:

Excited to break it in!

You've chosen well! I'm old and crotchety enough (43!) that I want some creature comforts and a reasonably quiet ride so I couldn't do a Miata as a daily anymore but as a purely fun car they are hard to beat. Enjoy it! Is it brand new?

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Going to take delivery of a Mazda 3 hatchback today. Not as fancy as some of the cars posted here, but this will be the first new car I've ever bought!

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Going to take delivery of a Mazda 3 hatchback today. Not as fancy as some of the cars posted here, but this will be the first new car I've ever bought!

Any brand new car delivery is exciting and something to be proud of. Mazda is making great products these days and the 3 hatchback is no exception. Enjoy it!

godofcookery

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You've chosen well! I'm old and crotchety enough (43!) that I want some creature comforts and a reasonably quiet ride so I couldn't do a Miata as a daily anymore but as a purely fun car they are hard to beat. Enjoy it! Is it brand new?

:) Well I'm 41, so I'm not that far behind. And yes it's a 2019. Compared to my old s2000 daily this is a luxury car. Heated seats, gps and some good creature comforts for this class of car. The suspension is pretty compliant too! It is on the louder end of cars though.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
:) Well I'm 41, so I'm not that far behind. And yes it's a 2019. Compared to my old s2000 daily this is a luxury car. Heated seats, gps and some good creature comforts for this class of car. The suspension is pretty compliant too! It is on the louder end of cars though.
Coming from an S2000 I bet it does feel pretty cushy then. Have fun with it!

Briareos

Oct 28, 2017
Maine
Mazda 3 hatch is great, new Miatas are great, old S2000 were really great, good choices being made in this thread.

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Anyone ever come up to you and make fun of your car?
Today that happened to me for the first time. I first thought I cut this the guy off somewhere, but nope lol. Im literally dying of laughter at the effort this guy made to come up to me and make fun of my car.

I think its the tire stickers tbh, Ive been getting too much attention with them lately. Both good and clearly bad lol.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Anyone ever come up to you and make fun of your car?
Today that happened to me for the first time. I first thought I cut this the guy off somewhere, but nope lol. Im literally dying of laughter at the effort this guy made to come up to me and make fun of my car.

I think its the tire stickers tbh, Ive been getting too much attention with them lately. Both good and clearly bad lol.
No but I did come out of the movie theater one time with a dirty diaper smeared onto my windshield. It was on my early 90's 5.0 Mustang but I hadn't killed any pedestrians that day so I'm not sure what caused the outrage. =)

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
No but I did come out of the movie theater one time with a dirty diaper smeared onto my windshield. It was on my early 90's 5.0 Mustang but I hadn't killed any pedestrians that day so I'm not sure what caused the outrage. =)
Damn, thats a whole new level of wtf. People are crazy, glad Im wiring my dash cam tomorrow. I would probably be very annoyed if that happened to me

golem

Oct 25, 2017
Someone left a used condom on my friend's A3. That was pretty icky

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Damn, thats a whole new level of wtf. People are crazy, glad Im wiring my dash cam tomorrow. I would probably be very annoyed if that happened to me
I was with some buddies from work and we just laughed about it more than anything. It's been years ago but I remember being more confused and puzzled than outright angry.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017

Congrats!

I am curious, did you have a strong need to get a vehicle right now? As the next generation 3, based on the Kai concept, is going to be unveiled in November, for what I assume will be spring launch.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Soul Red is so nice.

Congrats!

I am curious, did you have a strong need to get a vehicle right now? As the next generation 3, based on the Kai concept, is going to be unveiled in November, for what I assume will be spring launch.

We were a bit under the gun - the only reliable car was my 2000 Civic EM1 which at that age is maybe not the best thing to rely on. That and my wife was a huge fan of the ergonomics and Mazda Connect UI, with no guarantees the new UI they are making with Toyota will be along the same lines. I am also a bit wary of the first generation of the SkyActiv-X engine. The last time Mazda was the lead of the pack in mainstream engine tech with direct injection design there were some issues.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
Soul Red is so nice.

We were a bit under the gun - the only reliable car was my 2000 Civic EM1 which at that age is maybe not the best thing to rely on. That and my wife was a huge fan of the ergonomics and Mazda Connect UI, with no guarantees the new UI they are making with Toyota will be along the same lines. I am also a bit wary of the first generation of the SkyActiv-X engine. The last time Mazda was the lead of the pack in mainstream engine tech with direct injection design there were some issues.

Your logic is sound.

And Soul Red is so gorgeous. I have it on my CX-3 GT, and it still mesmerizes me every day.