• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
About 2 weeks with a 2019 Jeep Cherokee Altitude package, and I'm absolutely in love with this thing.

It's the first car I've had that I really feel is a solid vehicle. Coming from a 2016 Honda Fit EX to this thing is a world of difference.

Love my wk2. Congrats! Waiting until tread gets down on my all seasons then I'm going with some all terrains and gonna put a 2 inch leveling kit on it too to get rid of the rake.

Last edited:

Malvingt2

Oct 25, 2017
Chattanooga, TN
I want a Kia Stinger GT.. I see that dealers are already offering 2019 version of this car? and GT is a unicorn it seems, a lot of GT1? GT2?
Wondering if I can find a great deal.

mingo

Oct 25, 2017
London
Got it! I wasn't prepared for how much better it looked in person.

vnfqsdx-jpg.119057

eQcMRQ1.jpg

6ttgii8-jpg.119059

umph2l9-jpg.119060

Wow, I'm so jealous! I've just sold my CTR EP3 I've had for 9 years. I absolutely loved that thing to bits.

Gonna pick up a BMW 120i next week as a replacement.

Megabreath

Oct 25, 2018
That new type R looks brilliant. There is a grey one near where i live and there is a hint of jealousy every time i see it.

I have had my fn2 type R for 6 years and its been a great car

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
As of a day or so ago my clutch is clicking when i depress it, and again when i let off. It happens almost every gear change at roughly 80% of the travel to the floor. Quick research suggests its the throwout bearing and is something that is cheap but labor is sufficient where it may be a good time to replace the clutch.

1) can anyone confirm?
2) is this something that needs to be addressed asap?
3) what would be recommended to "upgrade" (for a bolt on, tuned, evo x with 330 whp/trq)

golem

Oct 25, 2017
The new Skyactiv-X engine sounds interesting. Hopefully it works out better than rotary ;)

Some pics from SEMA

31917950618_3a7e432176_b.jpg

45789221801_b52ca8e82d_b.jpg

45789221571_0fd7e21e62_b.jpg

30849325347_ca86d3100a_b.jpg

45789221581_179a77d69d_b.jpg

31917950208_e8120d89c0_b.jpg

31917950498_51afd900b6_b.jpg

Four rotor :D

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You guys see the new 8 series coming next year? It's gorgeous and very tempting.

screen-shot-2018-06-15-at-12-25-11-pm-1529079950.png

ruxtpin

Oct 30, 2017
PA
Nice looking Si. The color is perfect.

Has anyone here driven an AR Giulia? I've accepted a new job and finally have to buy a car again. Debating between an A4 and the Giulia; going to try it out on Thursday. Curious if anyone here has one (or had one)?

Briareos

Oct 28, 2017
Maine
Useful for the rental market, no doubt.

(This reminds me of when I couldn't find the gas tank cover latch release in a rental car and eventually ended up looking it up on Youtube and find a video specifically to answer that it was a "push in to release" cover. Good times.)

killertofu

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So my 2006 RSX is probably gonna die soon. I'm not sure what I'm gonna replace it with. Really love the car and the fact that it's technically a hatchback. Seriously, why don't people make that kinda style anymore?

Anyway I'm eyeing at the Mazda 3 but don't really know much about it. Whats with this Skyactiv-X supposed to do?

Deleted member 907

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So my 2006 RSX is probably gonna die soon. I'm not sure what I'm gonna replace it with. Really love the car and the fact that it's technically a hatchback. Seriously, why don't people make that kinda style anymore?

Anyway I'm eyeing at the Mazda 3 but don't really know much about it. Whats with this Skyactiv-X supposed to do?
What's wrong with it? Get an Accord coupe to keep it in the family?

Spades

Oct 26, 2017
I've been building a Citroen C1 race car the past ~4 months and I finally got her on the track this weekend:

So much fun. This is the series we'll be running in during 2019 -- the season starts at Silverstone in April.

https://c1racing.club

GAFChuck

Nov 23, 2017
I just had a complete loss of power on my way back from work in my 2.0t Santa-fe. It's a 265hp engine so it usually accelerates decently, it was taking forever to get to 30mph, even with my foot to the floor. It was revving all the way to redline, but just... nothing, it felt like I had a 60hp engine. No check engine lights.

Then I took it for another spin to do some tests... and now everything is fine, acceleration is back in full force. Any ideas what could cause this?

I was thinking turbo or exhaust, but why would it work again after stopping for about an hour?

Envelope

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just had a complete loss of power on my way back from work in my 2.0t Santa-fe. It's a 265hp engine so it usually accelerates decently, it was taking forever to get to 30mph, even with my foot to the floor. It was revving all the way to redline, but just... nothing, it felt like I had a 60hp engine. No check engine lights.

Then I took it for another spin to do some tests... and now everything is fine, acceleration is back in full force. Any ideas what could cause this?

I was thinking turbo or exhaust, but why would it work again after stopping for about an hour?
sounds like your transmission actually, must've been failing to engage so you were just slipping the torque converter or belt depending on what type of transmission you have.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Aston has unveiled their DBX SUV.

aston-martin-dbx-prototype-1.jpg

aston-martin-dbx-prototype-1.jpg

Man, the high-end SUV market is just so off-putting to me. Seeing these manufacturers try to graft their likeness onto large vehicles is just gross to me. Already dreading Ferrari's SUV, ugh.

Briareos

Oct 28, 2017
Maine
Test drove a 2016 and 2019 IS 350 FSport yesterday. Interesting car. Interior finish/solidity is great, good seat feel. Can accelerate well in S+ mode although I couldn't really go nuts with it. Turns out I do not like tiptronic shifters that much, nor the even worse experience of shifting with the stick in manual mode, which is ergonomically uncomfortable given my limb length. Did not like having the tiptronic not easily available while turning the wheel, and miss the ability to skip shifts, although realistically the transmission is smooth enough to probably just click through a few times.

Getting back into the WRX was like "ah, this is driving with mechanical linkage". The 2019 has 4hp more and a few more ft-lbs of torque but it was hard to notice with the driving style I was using while testing. Otherwise the delta is mostly quality of life--larger LCD for entertainment system, some better lane assist including a mild rumble through steering wheel vs the basic visual/audio in our Tacoma. Very amusing to see how slow the 2016 was to scroll through the entertainment system vs the much snappier 2019. Interesting that they don't do firmware upgrades to try to address that.

Space in the back for kids and adults seemed reasonable. Electrostatic mirrors are weird to me--yellow metallic tint on them out in the cold sun. Auto-dimming headlights, all these fancy things that don't exist on my barebones WRX and that I'd worry would break if it wasn't a Lexus.

In the final analysis... I dunno, hard to tell if I could get used to the automatic/tiptronic, maybe I wouldn't notice eventually. It's tough as there aren't many AWD manuals with a good combination of performance and finish--the WRX STI still looks pretty cheap on the inside. All the M series are RWD. Can't find an Audi RS3 Sportback around here. Same with Focus RS. The 911 scares me as a maintenance nightmare, although maybe I should just bite the bullet anyway. What else am I missing out on test-driving? If only the STI didn't have that spoiler, maybe I could live with the interior finish jank.

Also, since someone requested it, a picture of one of our goats in the back of our Tacoma:

goat-in-tacoma.jpg

Deleted member 907

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Test drove a 2016 and 2019 IS 350 FSport yesterday. Interesting car. Interior finish/solidity is great, good seat feel. Can accelerate well in S+ mode although I couldn't really go nuts with it. Turns out I do not like tiptronic shifters that much, nor the even worse experience of shifting with the stick in manual mode, which is ergonomically uncomfortable given my limb length. Did not like having the tiptronic not easily available while turning the wheel, and miss the ability to skip shifts, although realistically the transmission is smooth enough to probably just click through a few times.

Getting back into the WRX was like "ah, this is driving with mechanical linkage". The 2019 has 4hp more and a few more ft-lbs of torque but it was hard to notice with the driving style I was using while testing. Otherwise the delta is mostly quality of life--larger LCD for entertainment system, some better lane assist including a mild rumble through steering wheel vs the basic visual/audio in our Tacoma. Very amusing to see how slow the 2016 was to scroll through the entertainment system vs the much snappier 2019. Interesting that they don't do firmware upgrades to try to address that.

Space in the back for kids and adults seemed reasonable. Electrostatic mirrors are weird to me--yellow metallic tint on them out in the cold sun. Auto-dimming headlights, all these fancy things that don't exist on my barebones WRX and that I'd worry would break if it wasn't a Lexus.

In the final analysis... I dunno, hard to tell if I could get used to the automatic/tiptronic, maybe I wouldn't notice eventually. It's tough as there aren't many AWD manuals with a good combination of performance and finish--the WRX STI still looks pretty cheap on the inside. All the M series are RWD. Can't find an Audi RS3 Sportback around here. Same with Focus RS. The 911 scares me as a maintenance nightmare, although maybe I should just bite the bullet anyway. What else am I missing out on test-driving? If only the STI didn't have that spoiler, maybe I could live with the interior finish jank.

Also, since someone requested it, a picture of one of our goats in the back of our Tacoma:

goat-in-tacoma.jpg
You can get the STi without the wing and the IS had more space in the back.

*I have a 16 WRX and test drove the IS350 F a few times with the convertible car seat forward and rear facing.

Deleted member 4346

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think for this model year Subaru isn't offering the spoiler delete on the STI?

goat-in-tacoma.jpg

Audi S3/RS3? Golf R? If you like trucks, maybe a stretch but the Ford Raptor?

I agree with you about interior finish on the WRX STI. Prior to my RS I had a 2013 WRX so the current STI interior was fine for me, lol... compared to like an M car or the Lexus it's pretty rough of course. But stepping up to luxury AWD sporty cars you lose a lot of the rawness and connected feel of driving. I went with the Ford Focus RS and it's even sharper and more focused than the STI, but it has some flaws too... the interior is smaller and the torque vectoring rear drive unit can feel a little intrusive. Also the ride in sport suspension mode is quite harsh.

You kind of have to pick your poison. If I could have afforded it I probably would said "screw it" and got a Nissan GTR.

Briareos

Oct 28, 2017
Maine
You kind of have to pick your poison.

Yeah, there's no clear winner, unfortunately. At the end of the day given the premium I place on maintenance frequency/cost I should probably "settle" for the IS 350 and enjoy the finish improvements, ride/suspension quality delta vs the WRX, modest noise reduction, etc. The real shame is that Subaru can't get their act together to provide an upmarket finish on a car that is >= 40k.

If I could have afforded it I probably would said "screw it" and got a Nissan GTR.

I've driven one in LA and it's good fun, the acceleration even from 60 to 90 is just insane, but of course you don't get that experience very often in LA given traffic. My friend just tracks it now, bought an F150 and a trailer for it. And while I could afford it, I could also spend that money (and the ongoing maintenance) on a lot of other things, which is the same argument against the 911.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017

Wow, this came out of nowhere. If you don't know, this man is basically the reason why Nissan still even exists.

Envelope

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
for all the talk about the fake moldings and vents the type-R is still one of the most striking cars on the road, nice pick up.

Arebours

Oct 27, 2017
so what is a nice modern car if you can't stand the flimsy tech gimmicks and transformers aesthetic of most modern cars and love the look of e38?

Tryptobphan

Dec 22, 2017
I've been building a Citroen C1 race car the past ~4 months and I finally got her on the track this weekend:

So much fun. This is the series we'll be running in during 2019 -- the season starts at Silverstone in April.

https://c1racing.club

That's awesome. You've got an awesome car for the track and an amazing car for the road. I like your enthusiasm. Good luck with the races this season!

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
I have a real love hate relationship with my WRX. If I could go back, I probably would not have gotten one again. Its the first time in a long time I have not been happy with my car. Lease is up in 1.5 years. For all the talk of how good Subaru is, I have found my experience to be so poor, that will never own or lease one again.

Maybe if I had gotten a limited instead of a premium, I would feel different.

Tryptobphan

Dec 22, 2017
I have a real love hate relationship with my WRX. If I could go back, I probably would not have gotten one again. Its the first time in a long time I have not been happy with my car. Lease is up in 1.5 years. For all the talk of how good Subaru is, I have found my experience to be so poor, that will never own or lease one again.

Maybe if I had gotten a limited instead of a premium, I would feel different.

I've never owned a Subaru, but I've driven some. What were the problems? I'm curious since I've considered Subaru in the past.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
I've never owned a Subaru, but I've driven some. What were the problems? I'm curious since I've considered Subaru in the past.

I will run them all down for you.

1. 2 weeks off the lot i had to take it in for low idle issues, and AC condensation leaking into the passenger area.
  2. 2 months off the lot, had to take it in for low idle issues and had a ECU re-flash done.
  3. Just last month I had to take it in for what was a loose strut mount. The car had 6k miles on it. A loose strut mount!
  4. The car rattles so much in the cabin, that it drives my crazy. Rattles from the back, the sides, the driver and passenger sides.
  5. The front windows rattle when lowered to anything but fully lowered or fully raised.
  6. The Windows close so tightly, they ruined my tint by scuffing them all up.
  7. The CVT and its shift points are choppy and maybe the worst automatic I have ever driven.
And I still have low idle issues that never were fixed. I have not had a good experience. Im actually looking forward to unloading the car hopefully 3 months earlier than the lease expires,and get something else.