• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Got my mx-5 this morning and spent the last 3 hours driving it around. Pretty pleased, not used to how responsive it is and hurt myself getting out of it the first time lol. I feel like a million bucks driving this thing around.

Even though this car has been out for what, 3 years now? People still stare at it like its something exotic. Lots of looks at redlights and stop signs.

20190418_104715.jpg

20190418_104826.jpg
I'm really late with this but it's gorgeous. I had a NC for a while and it was a hilariously fun little car. Enjoy it!

Briareos

Oct 28, 2017
Maine
Yep, they have been for a while. Back when I was working at a dodge, chrysler, jeep dealership, I'd say at most 10% of the trucks on the lot were standard cabs. And they were all base model work truck configurations.

I'm planning to buy a used standard two-seater Tacoma for my daughter; less seats means less other teenagers in the vehicle. The plan can not fail. The WRX is not a good first car...

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
Well, it happened.

gkH4p0B_d.jpg

IW1biJg_d.jpg

Signed a lease for this 2018 M240i

I'm a little crazy, I live in NorCal and this was in Santa Ana. I woke up, rented a Corolla, and drove down at 7am.

Got to SoCal, did the deed, and then left to drive back. So over 13 hours of driving in one day, but man...it's worth it. When driving back up, if you've ever made the drive from northern California to SoCal or vice versa, you've probably driven on the 152 Pacheco Pass. I happened to be on that road at midnight when it was empty...I drove like a bad man, and it felt amazing in this car. This is the most powerful car I've ever owned and driven for an extended period of time. It's pure bliss!

Last edited:

Sneijder

Oct 28, 2017
Cologne
i want to buy a new coupe, i have an e class sedan 2018, and want to give it to my dad and maybe i should take the e class coupe? BMW interior is so boring, its like 2005...

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Selling the wheels off my EP3. Committing to the five-lug swap and over-fender install next year!

Now I'm really looking for air tools to help make this year's engine work a little easier. I hate the struggle to remove larger/seized fasteners lol.

h1nch

Dec 12, 2017
Well, it happened.

gkH4p0B_d.jpg

IW1biJg_d.jpg

I'm a little crazy, I live in NorCal and this was in Santa Ana. I woke up, rented a Corolla, and drove down at 7am.

Got to SoCal, did the deed, and then left to drive back. So over 13 hours of driving in one day, but man...it's worth it. When driving back up, if you've ever made the drive from northern California to SoCal or vice versa, you've probably driven on the 152 Pacheco Pass. I happened to be on that road at midnight when it was empty...I drove like a bad man, and it felt amazing in this car. This is the most powerful car I've ever owned and driven for an extended period of time. It's pure bliss!

OMG congrats. I love the 2-series and all it's variants. I am hoping that in a few years I'll be able to locate a well-maintained manual M2 competition to replace my current 2014 F30 335i which has (up until now) served me very well.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Anything ever happen with your Evo problem?

I ran some seafoam through the engine (via the brake boost line) and via the gas. a bit of smoke, but the issue persists. i asked my local mechanic and he thinks having my new stereo installed somehow reset my tune - but thats bollocks. I spoke with my tuner and he thinks its a vacuum leak. taking it to his shop sunday, hoping for something easy.

still drives/idles fine.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
Bought a 2012 G37x (AWD) Auto and my god am I in love. 57k miles. Engine compartment is clean, exterior is clean with some curb rash on the rims. Silver on black 18" Infiniti rims. Going to baby this car.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
OMG congrats. I love the 2-series and all it's variants. I am hoping that in a few years I'll be able to locate a well-maintained manual M2 competition to replace my current 2014 F30 335i which has (up until now) served me very well.

Thanks! I love it. The car is properly fast! I can't imagine what a real M car is like lol.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
Bought a 2012 G37x (AWD) Auto and my god am I in love. 57k miles. Engine compartment is clean, exterior is clean with some curb rash on the rims. Silver on black 18" Infiniti rims. Going to baby this car.

My 2nd car is a 2012 G37 Journey. It's a great car. Too bad infiniti RUINED it with its anemic successor :/

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Went to event at Petersen Automotive Museum tonight and caught some unicorns.

And yes it's THAT 1958 Plymouth Fury.

pCRhHxR.jpg

dKW1Cih.jpg

Jaguar's supercar. XJ220 a V6 that sorta worked!

w7GJIBU.jpg

Bugatti's prior attempt at resurrection before Audi.

jKeVBu2.jpg

This is a gold delorean created by American Express Gold Card before they knew about John DeLorean's giant coke smuggling scheme - entrapped by a crooked neighbor and fbi informant- but it's still literally the most cocaine thing ever.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017
The Porsche Taycan with minimal camo.

Looks good. It lost a bit of the dramatic curves of the Mission E concept but I prefer it actually.

73af3e46-bd97-49fa-a4vkk5.jpeg

577b1abc-f841-41f4-b9ik25.jpeg

0f5da6aa-a110-4e77-a7upkvl.png

Photoshopped by Dee on Taycanforum

8636e77b-1e33-4012-9e2kk3.jpeg

77dec589-82dd-467f-bj8jf5.jpeg

Last edited:

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Went to event at Petersen Automotive Museum tonight and caught some unicorns.

And yes it's THAT 1958 Plymouth Fury.

pCRhHxR.jpg

dKW1Cih.jpg

Jaguar's supercar. XJ220 a V6 that sorta worked!

w7GJIBU.jpg

Bugatti's prior attempt at resurrection before Audi.

jKeVBu2.jpg

This is a gold delorean created by American Express Gold Card before they knew about John DeLorean's giant coke smuggling scheme - entrapped by a crooked neighbor and fbi informant- but it's still literally the most cocaine thing ever.

sneaky basement pics? 👀👀

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
sneaky basement pics? 👀👀

Yup yup! The most Vegas thing ever was the Blackhawk that was bought by Wayne Newton but meant for Elvis Presley (or something like that).

LOL I just noticed there's a MacLaren parked next to the Bugatti. You KNOW you're in Car Heaven when you fail to notice a MacLaren.

That's a tail light decal, right?

Yep disguise camo. But gimme that in the Panamera "wagon" format and I'll die happy.

GamePnoy74

Oct 27, 2017
Well, it happened.

gkH4p0B_d.jpg

IW1biJg_d.jpg

I haven't followed this car thread lately but congrats! The front splitter on my F22 is unpainted, giving it a post-apocalyptic Mad-Max-like look lol. Enjoy!

killertofu

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
They named that Honda EV Protype the Honda e.

The chances of it coming to America is like 0% right? Like I should just not even bother thinking theres any chance?

h1nch

Dec 12, 2017
Looks like the YT autovloggers are all starting to release their Supra videos.

As someone who is a fan of both BMW and Toyota, I'm totally fine with the collaboration and couldn't care less about the things some purists are complaining about, except for the lack of manual, which is easily the worst thing about the car. BMW makes awesome inline-six engines, so I'm glad they partnered up. The exterior styling is growing on me. I think it looks much better in these videos than the press photos Toyota put out. I love that the interior is very clearly using BMW parts, and they even shamelessly rebranded iDrive instead of using Toyota Entune (which sucks)

I have to see/drive one in person, but the car has my attention.

GamePnoy74

Oct 27, 2017

As someone who is a fan of both BMW and Toyota, I'm totally fine with the collaboration and couldn't care less about the things some purists are complaining about, except for the lack of manual, which is easily the worst thing about the car. BMW makes awesome inline-six engines, so I'm glad they partnered up. The exterior styling is growing on me. I think it looks much better in these videos than the press photos Toyota put out. I love that the interior is very clearly using BMW parts, and they even shamelessly rebranded iDrive instead of using Toyota Entune (which sucks)

I get what Toyota has to do in order to make a sports car nowadays, I don't think it's a bad thing too.

This is coming from a person who had a Lexus IS300 with a 2JZ that was used in the Mk.4 NA Supra and nowadays a BMW F22 M240i with the B58 that's in the Mk.5.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017

I still think everything outside of the rear end is ugly as sin. It's like the Sagaris' ugly little brother.

Toyota mentioning at the press launch that the nonfunctional vents are intended to be modded to be functional if someone swaps a more powerful motor in has to be one of the strangest explanations for any aspect of a car ever. Especially considering the intakes behind the doors likely will require body modification anyways if they're to be used for cooling brakes. The idea of building a car to be easily modified is great in theory and thoughtful of Toyota, but results in some really strange decisions/implementations in the process.

Envelope

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
if the rumors about toyota's third sports car being a successor to the MR2, I'm very interested in seeing how that turns out.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Anything ever happen with your Evo problem?

finally got this resolved. the high flow cat failed and the mesh material was clogging the exhaust flow. my tuner retuned it and it feels better than ever!

EDIT: oh, and while the car was up on the lift I saw how my recently installed amp under the drivers seat was done. theres several fairly massive and pointy screws protruding through the bottom of the car, one literally scrapped against a brake line :/

Last edited:

Briareos

Oct 28, 2017
Maine
the high flow cat failed and the mesh material was clogging the exhaust flow.

EDIT: oh, and while the car was up on the lift I saw how my recently installed amp under the drivers seat was done. theres several fairly massive and pointy screws protruding through the bottom of the car, one literally scrapped against a brake line :/

As a very boring person who likes to keep things stock and perfect, this gives me the heebie jeebies, hehe.

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
As much as I love stance cars and stuff. This is taking it too far
Honestly thats just stupid, I appreciate stance too - but idk if you can even call this stance. The visibility must be such trash from not only being lowered, but that massive engine block.

It doesn't have a license plate tho, so Im guessing its just for show?

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly thats just stupid, I appreciate stance too - but idk if you can even call this stance. The visibility must be such trash from not only being lowered, but that massive engine block.

It doesn't have a license plate tho, so Im guessing its just for show?
I wanna to say yes it's probably just for show. I don't know much about it besides the pictures.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I still don't understand who this car is for. It doesn't have a manual, and in that range enthusiasts are going to expect a manual? Not even a DCT in this thing, but a slushbox... Toyota really missed the mark here. And the interior is straight BMW, which I'm not a huge fan of either. But at least it's a dedicated sports car platform, hopefully future model years give better transmission options and higher-spec, more hardcore trim levels.

Deleted member 907

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still don't understand who this car is for. It doesn't have a manual, and in that range enthusiasts are going to expect a manual? Not even a DCT in this thing, but a slushbox... Toyota really missed the mark here. And the interior is straight BMW, which I'm not a huge fan of either. But at least it's a dedicated sports car platform, hopefully future model years give better transmission options and higher-spec, more hardcore trim levels.
It's for people like me that want to front.

h1nch

Dec 12, 2017

The general consensus seems to be that the car drives great and is lots of fun on the track without being too harsh as a cruiser. The lack of a manual is a bummer but the ZF 8 speed it has is widely considered the best automatic in the biz (I'm pretty sure I read that the next gen M3/M4 are switching to the ZF-8 over the DCT that current gen Ms are using)

I'll wait a few years to see whether Toyota was able to address some of the reliability concerns during their design process, and I'm holding out hope that they offer a manual in future model years. It's very obvious that they plan to offer souped up versions of the Supra in the future. Regardless, I honestly hope this car does well as I think its existence is a net positive for Toyota. I really want to see one in person and get behind the wheel.

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I really want to see one in person and get behind the wheel.
Yeah Im with you, I personally may not desire to buy it - though I definitely want others to buy it so Toyota can be convinced the market exists and take more risks. Also I just wanna see the insane mods the community will do to it lol

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
lets not be mad about any non-luxo sport coupe we get shall we? we are lucky to get any at all in this age of SUVs and crossovers

Deleted member 4346

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's for people like me that want to front.

LOL if that's true wouldn't you want the Z4 for the badge?

Regardless, I honestly hope this car does well as I think its existence is a net positive for Toyota. I really want to see one in person and get behind the wheel.

lets not be mad about any non-luxo sport coupe we get shall we? we are lucky to get any at all in this age of SUVs and crossovers

Yeah, I guess at this point, the very existence of a new sports car platform is a win for us. And don't even get me started about SUVs and crossovers. That's why America can't get sports wagons or hatches. I got a family, I'd be all over say, an Audi or Subaru sports wagon! People just don't care about cars at all. Plus the margins on trucks are crazy high. Everything is either a truck, an SUV, or a damn crossover.

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I actually think the bimmer badge life is odd because I feel like most people have negative feelings about people who drive bimmers.

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also I finally figured out how to completely lower the power seats on my Jeep wk2 gc. Its a completely different ride feel lol. Feels a lot more like my old tiguan now which I like. Felt like a complete dumbass when I got the buttons to go way down low. Before it was like what the hell if I was like 3 inches taller this thing would even work lol.

BubbaKrumpz

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yay Area
So I'm gearing up for a new car at the end of next year/ early 2021 and I'm already indecisive. Lol. I really want a Type R but the Golf R with its awd is also in that range. Or i could go cheaper and buy another GTI, currently own a mk6. As much as I enjoy driving stick, I'd probably end up getting the VDubs with DSG. The thing is since I work at a Dealership and the owner also owns a VW dealer and im really good friends with his son, i Can get a sweet deal on either the GTI or Golf R. Lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
any tips for removing hard water spots? dealing with some sprinkler minerals that won't come off with a normal wash. there are lots of chemicals and such, but I'd like to know if anyone has something they'd personally recommend.

OnkelC

Oct 27, 2017
any tips for removing hard water spots? dealing with some sprinkler minerals that won't come off with a normal wash. there are lots of chemicals and such, but I'd like to know if anyone has something they'd personally recommend.
I use Finish Spray Exterior (Fse) from a german brand called Koch chemie. It is slightly acidic QD which removes even dried water spots in a spray on/wipe off manner. It's great for household chores, too.
No Idea if it is available in your area, though.

Edit: Another Idea would be to use a a dedicated paint precleaner after a thorough wash such as Prima Amigo or Lime Prime, but that would be way more effort.

Last edited:

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Anyone finance the car through your own bank instead of the dealer? Did you guys get a good rate in comparison? My dad has never done that before, but he is contemplating it on his next car.