• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

House_Of_Lightning

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Just ask. Likely it will be a better rate.
I think Im gonna see if Bank of America can give us a good rate. Our past cars were financed through them (via the dealer) and we have had an account.

I did it through my credit union and it was significantly lower. Dealer was somewhere at 6% and I got it for 1.9% through my CU

Always always always go through a credit union.
Oh damn, that's a really good rate. Right now all I am seeing is 3.25-4% at best.

House_Of_Lightning

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
From Reddit: Looks like they're replacing the V badge with something else for higher performance models.

CT5-V - 355hp/400lb

C43 - 390hp/394lb

M340 - 382hp/369lb

S4 - 349hp/369lb

CT4-V - 320hp/369lb

A35 - 302hp/295lb

M240 - 335hp/369lb

S3 - 288hp/280lb

Oh damn, that's a really good rate. Right now all I am seeing is 3.25-4% at best.

I'd even go see what military credit unions are available. Often times with a one time donation to the union you get military pricing on auto loans which can be 3% or lower IME.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm gearing up for a new car at the end of next year/ early 2021 and I'm already indecisive. Lol. I really want a Type R but the Golf R with its awd is also in that range. Or i could go cheaper and buy another GTI, currently own a mk6. As much as I enjoy driving stick, I'd probably end up getting the VDubs with DSG. The thing is since I work at a Dealership and the owner also owns a VW dealer and im really good friends with his son, i Can get a sweet deal on either the GTI or Golf R. Lol.

Between those I'd probably go with the Golf R. I don't really enjoy FWD cars, not sure where you live but here we get a lot of rain, sometimes snow and ice in the winter. Back when I had a somewhat-powerful FWD car it was awful in bad weather. I shopped those same cars you're looking at, also the WRX STI, ended up with a Focus RS, which of course is no longer in production... I wish there was more competition in the segment. Subaru needs a new platform and a major revamp of the STI. And I miss the Evo.

BubbaKrumpz

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yay Area
I live in the Bay Area so weather isn't really an issue and i run summer tires year round. Ehh, I used to have my car pushing around 270hp at the wheel and it was fine and these newer fwd hatches handle well for the most part.

House_Of_Lightning

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So I'm gearing up for a new car at the end of next year/ early 2021 and I'm already indecisive. Lol. I really want a Type R but the Golf R with its awd is also in that range. Or i could go cheaper and buy another GTI, currently own a mk6. As much as I enjoy driving stick, I'd probably end up getting the VDubs with DSG. The thing is since I work at a Dealership and the owner also owns a VW dealer and im really good friends with his son, i Can get a sweet deal on either the GTI or Golf R. Lol.

What's your budget? I hear that there are some ridiculous incentives on the new GLI.

Irnbru

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Zc0GZ6u_d.jpg

Just out clammin'. Washington backroads are the best folks.

Irnbru

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Also, rando question, is it a thing to roll with your front radiator exposed now? I've seen a couple older STIs and older Supra
around here driving like that and was unsure it's thats a thing now?

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I use Finish Spray Exterior (Fse) from a german brand called Koch chemie. It is slightly acidic QD which removes even dried water spots in a spray on/wipe off manner. It's great for household chores, too.
No Idea if it is available in your area, though.

Edit: Another Idea would be to use a a dedicated paint precleaner after a thorough wash such as Prima Amigo or Lime Prime, but that would be way more effort.
white vinegar mixed with distilled water.
ty gentlemen. will look into these both today.

ascii42

Oct 25, 2017
From Reddit: Looks like they're replacing the V badge with something else for higher performance models.

CT5-V - 355hp/400lb

C43 - 390hp/394lb

M340 - 382hp/369lb

S4 - 349hp/369lb

CT4-V - 320hp/369lb

A35 - 302hp/295lb

M240 - 335hp/369lb

S3 - 288hp/280lb

I'd even go see what military credit unions are available. Often times with a one time donation to the union you get military pricing on auto loans which can be 3% or lower IME.
That seems weird, given they already had introduced V-Sport as a thing, and even the CTS V-Sport actually had more power than these, at 420hp . This whole renaming thing is a mess. Spend 3 generations building up the CTS and CTS-V name to abandon it.

With that said, I'm sure they will be good cars.

Last edited:

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
So my G37 was having issues starting last week. Replaced battery and it's as good as new. Until today. Whole car is dead. No lights or electronics what so ever .

Alternator issue?

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Well, it happened.

gkH4p0B_d.jpg

IW1biJg_d.jpg

Signed a lease for this 2018 M240i

I'm a little crazy, I live in NorCal and this was in Santa Ana. I woke up, rented a Corolla, and drove down at 7am.

Got to SoCal, did the deed, and then left to drive back. So over 13 hours of driving in one day, but man...it's worth it. When driving back up, if you've ever made the drive from northern California to SoCal or vice versa, you've probably driven on the 152 Pacheco Pass. I happened to be on that road at midnight when it was empty...I drove like a bad man, and it felt amazing in this car. This is the most powerful car I've ever owned and driven for an extended period of time. It's pure bliss!
Really wish they had made more 1M series. By the 240i is a great car. Congrats

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
nice, i like the sound of the mazda exhaust but i know the 124 is even better, and that's BEFORE the optional exhaust. Is it like, fuck-you loud?

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
Can't wait to hear more about the Mazda CX-30! Hope it hits the states later this year or early next year. Should be fun to drive as it is lighter than my CX-5 with the new activ-X engine.

Cappa

Oct 25, 2017
Need your guys opinion... which of these two colors do you like better? Keep in mind it would be for RLine edition I cant find anything on the TCross PAle copper RLine edition videos and stuff which I think makes a decent difference on the look of the car (Its the two choices Im deciding between for my new VW T Cross)

Pale Copper

3dafaeb5035273b84991fa0f8705ab62d77a4031-vw-t-cross-10-tsi-style-2019vw-t-cross-style-heck-muro-beach1552390407.jpeg

or
Silver Reflex

volkswagen_t-cross_1_0_tsi_115_r-line_manual_25492521.jpg

Heres my opinion, Positives:I think the Pale Copper looks great, its different and not many people will have it. Silver Reflex, also looks great on the car. Itll have good hypothetical resell value because its a neutral color lots of people like.

Negatives:Pale Copper might be a color I might get tired after awhile(not a given, but a possibility) the resell value may not be great because of the niche color? Silver Reflex, its boring and neutral and besides White and Black, its probably going to be the most seen color.

Gifted

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Need your guys opinion... which of these two colors do you like better? Keep in mind it would be for RLine edition I cant find anything on the TCross PAle copper RLine edition videos and stuff which I think makes a decent difference on the look of the car (Its the two choices Im deciding between for my new VW T Cross)

Pale Copper

3dafaeb5035273b84991fa0f8705ab62d77a4031-vw-t-cross-10-tsi-style-2019vw-t-cross-style-heck-muro-beach1552390407.jpeg

or
Silver Reflex

Heres my opinion, Positives:I think the Pale Copper looks great, its different and not many people will have it. Silver Reflex, also looks great on the car. Itll have good hypothetical resell value because its a neutral color lots of people like.

Negatives:Pale Copper might be a color I might get tired after awhile(not a given, but a possibility) the resell value may not be great because of the niche color? Silver Reflex, its boring and neutral and besides White and Black, its probably going to be the most seen color.

I feel like every VW is silver. They both look good, but that Pale Copper looks nice, and it's a bit more unique. If you're planning on keeping it go with the copper. Honestly neither is a bad choice though.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ

Pale Copper

or
Silver Reflex

The Pale Copper is better IMO, but I also think that the light silver color is the most boring color that cars come in.

Envelope

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pardon the dust, but I finally got this roadworthy again - and amazingly everything worked the way it was supposed on the first test drive.

unf1yUX.jpg

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017

Pale Copper
or
Silver Reflex

Copper 100% - too many silver cars. Also, how much will silver help with resale? I though it only made a difference in exotics
Pardon the dust, but I finally got this roadworthy again - and amazingly everything worked the way it was supposed on the first test drive.
Oh damn that's really clean

Cappa

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you everyone for the opinions. In going regret NOT going pale copper with the rline package so I went ahead and ordered it :)

Now hopefully it doesn't take more than 3.months to be built

Dragon's Game

Alt account
Banned
Apr 1, 2019
What is the reason why the Mclaren F1 is generally considered "The greatest car ever made"

was it really impactful to the car community when it came out

here is what the wiki says

In 1994, the British car magazine Autocar stated in a road test regarding the F1, "The McLaren F1 is the finest driving machine yet built for the public road." They further stated, "The F1 will be remembered as one of the great events in the history of the car, and it may possibly be the fastest production road car the world will ever see."[5] In 2005, Channel4 placed the car at number one on their list of the 100 greatest cars, calling it "the greatest automotive achievement of all time". In popular culture, the McLaren F1 has earned its spot as 'The greatest automobile ever created' and 'The Most Excellent Sports Car Of All Time' amongst a wide variety of car enthusiasts and lovers.[6] Notable past and present McLaren F1 owners include Elon Musk,[7] Jay Leno,[8] George Harrison,[9] and the Sultan of Brunei.[10] In the April 2017 issue of Top Gear Magazine, the McLaren F1 was listed as one of the fastest naturally aspirated cars currently available in the world, and in the same league as the more modern vehicles such as the Ferrari Enzo and Aston Martin One-77 despite being produced and engineered 10 years prior the Ferrari Enzo and 17 years prior the Aston Martin One-77.[11]

Screenshot-2016-03-24-12.48.38.png

its legacy is greater than the Bugatti Veyron? how?

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
What is the reason why the Mclaren F1 is generally considered "The greatest car ever made"

was it really impactful to the car community when it came out

here is what the wiki says

In 1994, the British car magazine Autocar stated in a road test regarding the F1, "The McLaren F1 is the finest driving machine yet built for the public road." They further stated, "The F1 will be remembered as one of the great events in the history of the car, and it may possibly be the fastest production road car the world will ever see."[5] In 2005, Channel4 placed the car at number one on their list of the 100 greatest cars, calling it "the greatest automotive achievement of all time". In popular culture, the McLaren F1 has earned its spot as 'The greatest automobile ever created' and 'The Most Excellent Sports Car Of All Time' amongst a wide variety of car enthusiasts and lovers.[6] Notable past and present McLaren F1 owners include Elon Musk,[7] Jay Leno,[8] George Harrison,[9] and the Sultan of Brunei.[10] In the April 2017 issue of Top Gear Magazine, the McLaren F1 was listed as one of the fastest naturally aspirated cars currently available in the world, and in the same league as the more modern vehicles such as the Ferrari Enzo and Aston Martin One-77 despite being produced and engineered 10 years prior the Ferrari Enzo and 17 years prior the Aston Martin One-77.[11]

Screenshot-2016-03-24-12.48.38.png

its legacy is greater than the Bugatti Veyron? how?
I don't think it's the unanimous greatest car ever made (a loaded title subject to so many different interpretations, even if critics and fans alike fawn over it to this day, even myself), but so much of it is the true engineering achievement of it all in a road car. You had a bit of that next-level engineering on cars like the 959 and others that preceded it, but the F1 took it to a whole other level, and pushed every car that came after it to that level of scrutiny and into competition for the arms race of top speed. The Veyron is undoubtedly an engineering masterpiece, but it's a follower, and forever will be. When you put the F1 in the context of the cars that were out around or before the time it came out, it stood alone, and noticeably so for years to come. It was impressive in itself and by relation to other vehicles.

The seating position, the engine bay lined with gold, the mythos/dominance/degree to which it shattered the top speed record like no other car has, Gordon Murray's vision etc. Everything just came together in the perfect blend of exoticness and no-expenses-spared-to-go-fast that is basically like heroin for car people. And at that time, car people of all ages. For youth, it was the poster-on-the-wall car while adults could marvel at its engineering.

It isn't my favourite car of all time (dat LM is up there though..), and I think there's good arguments for a ton of other cars (Type 2, Beetle, Model T, etc.), but I damn well won't argue with someone who says it is. It's a valid answer amongst a select group of other valid answers.