• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Envelope

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Haha I wish, I would have love to help you out, it was nicely dressed too. My guess is the car is worth 22,000. So you aren't too far off, any room for negotiating? Also I highly, highly ask that you make sure to test drive it. Check for low idling at a light or stop sign after the car is warm. Especially when the turn signal is engaged and you are at a complete stop. Then check the idle.
Yeah 2300 + tax/fees would basically be ~25000 here which is what I told them I was shooting for OTD, but literally the first thing the salesperson told me when I sat down was "we don't have any room to go lower on price" and by the end of the visit the biggest concession they made was 100$ off and fixing the curbed wheels - fwiw it's a CPO premium as opposed to base. I actually got to test drive two of them, first one had short block replaced at 22k miles so that was gonna be a no from me so they pulled out this one with ~6k fewer miles and premium trim instead for me. Both are freshly off-lease cars. Idle was perfectly steady on both drives even stopped with blinkers on, although the second one the clutch seemed just a little rougher than the first car I drove.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah 2300 + tax/fees would basically be ~25000 here which is what I told them I was shooting for OTD, but literally the first thing the salesperson told me when I sat down was "we don't have any room to go lower on price" and by the end of the visit the biggest concession they made was 100$ off and fixing the curbed wheels - fwiw it's a CPO premium as opposed to base. I actually got to test drive two of them, first one had short block replaced at 22k miles so that was gonna be a no from me so they pulled out this one with ~6k fewer miles and premium trim instead for me. Idle was perfectly steady on both drives even stopped with blinkers on, although the second one the clutch seemed just a little rougher than the first car I drove.

If you have your heart set on it, then go for it, but deals are to be had. There should be plenty of WRX's out there by now at a decent price, with reasonable mileage. I just feel they are asking too much. Also I like the 2018+ front end re-design.

Envelope

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you have your heart set on it, then go for it, but deals are to be had. There should be plenty of WRX's out there by now at a decent price, with reasonable mileage. I just feel they are asking too much.
It doesn't have to be *this* particular WRX, but this dealership is <5 min from my house so super convenient to check there first, and after driving them I'm pretty sure I want a WRX to replace my currently daily - fun sedan with just the right amount of power and AWD checks all the boxes I'm looking at within my budget. These are decently popular in my area so I can probably find something a bit cheaper - idk how much value to place on the ones i drove being CPO versus not getting that kind of protection if I buy from someone else.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
It doesn't have to be *this* particular WRX, but this dealership is <5 min from my house so super convenient to check there first, and after driving them I'm pretty sure I want a WRX to replace my currently daily - fun sedan with just the right amount of power and AWD checks all the boxes I'm looking at within my budget. These are decently popular in my area so I can probably find something a bit cheaper - idk how much value to place on the ones i drove being CPO versus not getting that kind of protection if I buy from someone else.
For sure I understand this.

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just gonna post 2 Wekfest pics
H1dJ2w7.jpg

nXYgQc0.jpg

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I hate this time of year. I have 6 weeks more of break before my fall school semester, so plenty of time to maybe make some of my cars run again. Problem is its so god damn hot outside. It basically gets too hot to do any work by 8 AM.

And while I do have an engine to put together, which I could do in the small free garage space I have, the pump on my swamp cooler is broken so no way to cool the garage down.

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
C8 Reveal at 8pm tonight. Interested in seeing how or if it even affects the used c7 market. Prices are already really good, I'm just wondering how much lower they could go.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017

looks a bit weird to me, like hodge podge c7 and nsx. hopefully it'll grow on me

rumored 70k? shut up and take my money!
Man, that's exceptionally ugly. Way too much going on, and if it wasn't for the headlights and that large side intake, it might've been otherwise inoffensive. That said, I think it's really becoming apparent that automakers are struggling with finding new ways to design side intakes that look unique but are still functional - something that the new NSX also struggled with. This ain't it, for me.

At least it's finally mid-engine as it was originally destined to be?

The whole thing just looks like Mansory went to town on a F430, TBH.

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Really impressed, for the first time I would consider a Corvette. Im pretty confident the regular buyer base has their feathers ruffled though lol

That insane center console! Never seen anything like it...haha
It gave me Porsche CGT vibes at first even though it's def very different. I kinda like it

h1nch

Dec 12, 2017
I absolutely LOVE the exterior. I think Chevrolet knocked it out of the park with this one, and I've never been a GM or Ford (or an American car) person. I thought the C7 was decent looking, but this to me looks much better.

As for the interior...well at least they appear to be using higher quality materials.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any Honda owners here ever have issues with the TPMS? I keep getting TPMS warnings in my Civic Type R. I'll check the pressure, it's fine, recalibrate, and then it comes back the next day. It's annoying.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
Any Honda owners here ever have issues with the TPMS? I keep getting TPMS warnings in my Civic Type R. I'll check the pressure, it's fine, recalibrate, and then it comes back the next day. It's annoying.

TPMS systems are notorious for setting off when there's a wide swing in temps during the day. Maybe that's why.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Man, I'm not a Corvette guy, and I'm not entirely sold on the design of the C8, but that price is bonkers for the performance you're getting. I'm actually seriously tempted. Wonder what the UK price will be?

Really like how it looks with the optional higher spoiler. Basically looks like a super car.

Last edited:

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I'm not a Corvette guy, and I'm not entirely sold on the design of the C8, but that price is bonkers for the performance you're getting. I'm actually seriously tempted. Wonder what the UK price will be?

Really like how it looks with the optional higher spoiler. Basically looks like a super car.

i cant wait to see driver impressions. i cant swing 60-70k, but curious how the used market will look in 5 years

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
i cant wait to see driver impressions. i cant swing 60-70k, but curious how the used market will look in 5 years

Yea, I'd be interested to see how the used market plays out too. Also, just reading or listening to the designers etc talk, really feels like they've put a crap load of thought and R&D into it. It's not just another Corvette, it's a complete re-working and re-invisaging, and the mid engine and more forward driving position supposedly adds a lot to the precision of the driving experience.

I could only find one video of the exhaust properly, and it also sounds great.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Yea, I'd be interested to see how the used market plays out too. Also, just reading or listening to the designers etc talk, really feels like they've put a crap load of thought and R&D into it. It's not just another Corvette, it's a complete re-working and re-invisaging, and the mid engine and more forward driving position supposedly adds a lot to the precision of the driving experience.

I could only find one video of the exhaust properly, and it also sounds great.

god damn

i got a feeling this is going to run circles around similar cars in its pricing and even take on some of the heavy hitters ala the gtr. cant wait to see some real hands on and get some hot lap footage.

Arebours

Oct 27, 2017
Is installing a new audio reciever into an old car something you easily can DIY or should I get a professional to do it?

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Went to test drive the new BMW Z4 yesterday and it was a really nice drive, and I honestly came so close to buying it. I'd pay £4k up front and only be paying about a tenner more than I pay for my Audi TT.

One of the big things holding me back is £3-4k negative equity on my Audi if I trade it in, but the BMW garage did bring up a possibility I hadnt considered before, Voluntary Termination. By my calculations I've paid over 50% of the total finance including the balloon payment so I would be able to. My biggest worry though is how that might impact my credit file. Everything I look up online says that finance companies will mark the agreement with a VT market rather than settled, and whilst that SHOULDN'T cause any issues with future finance, it's not a guarantee and there's always the possibility of it being flagged up. So I'm strongly leaning towards just waiting for another year until the finance is over so I can hand the Audi back worry free.

The other drawback is that it is a petrol rather than Diesel engine, which is a concern on a 150 mile round trip to work, but when I was driving the Z4 it seemed to be getting about 45-50mpg at 70mph which is only about 5 less than my current Diesel engine.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
Went to test drive the new BMW Z4 yesterday and it was a really nice drive, and I honestly came so close to buying it. I'd pay £4k up front and only be paying about a tenner more than I pay for my Audi TT.

One of the big things holding me back is £3-4k negative equity on my Audi if I trade it in, but the BMW garage did bring up a possibility I hadnt considered before, Voluntary Termination. By my calculations I've paid over 50% of the total finance including the balloon payment so I would be able to. My biggest worry though is how that might impact my credit file. Everything I look up online says that finance companies will mark the agreement with a VT market rather than settled, and whilst that SHOULDN'T cause any issues with future finance, it's not a guarantee and there's always the possibility of it being flagged up. So I'm strongly leaning towards just waiting for another year until the finance is over so I can hand the Audi back worry free.

The other drawback is that it is a petrol rather than Diesel engine, which is a concern on a 150 mile round trip to work, but when I was driving the Z4 it seemed to be getting about 45-50mpg at 70mph which is only about 5 less than my current Diesel engine.

Were you testing the M40i? Or the turbo 4?

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
The M20i.

With my commute, even though it's only 3 days a week, the M40i running costs would be crippling.

Ah, makes sense. I have an M240i and indeed that thing drinks fuel like no other. I commute about 100 miles on my round trip to work 2-3 times a week and I'll need to fill up on the 3rd day.

In any case the new Z4 is quite the looker ! Can't go wrong.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Ah, makes sense. I have an M240i and indeed that thing drinks fuel like no other. I commute about 100 miles on my round trip to work 2-3 times a week and I'll need to fill up on the 3rd day.

In any case the new Z4 is quite the looker ! Can't go wrong.
Oh it definitely looks incredible inside and out, and I was looking at the M-Sport version in the exclusive Misano Blue.

Last edited:

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017

Saw a Z4 in a rather impressive blue the other day. Was gorgeous as hell.

Oh it definitely looks incredible inside and out, and I was looking at the M-Sport version in the exclusive Misano Blue.
Just looked it up this was the color

Feels like the new Corvette kinda makes the Supra dead on arrival too, you know?
Hopefully lol. Would be nice to see that car discounted on dealerships instead of jacked up $50k over MSRP...

h1nch

Dec 12, 2017
Not ashamed to say that I will be getting the new Corvette. It is fucking sexy.

Same. I contacted a local dealer to get on the wait list. Never thought a GM car would win me over this fast. Obviously I still need to read driving impressions and pricing details, but I can't remember the last time I was this excited for a new car.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
That's exactly the color I saw. You should get it...haha

I love cars with interesting colors. Silver, black and white are wayyyyy overdone
I probably will, but next year. I'd rather wait a year than have even the tiniest of risk to my credit report.

In the UK just a missed credit card or mobile phone payment can prevent you from getting a mortgage for 6 years.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
c8whitegyjkh.png

Subject to changing my mind another dozen times. Waiting for the full list of colors and some accurate photos of the yellow and blue shades.

Arebours

Oct 27, 2017
Depends. If the new receiver comes with a plug that plugs directly into your car it should be easy. Though You still probably have to take some interior pieces out.
is there a reliable way to find out if a receiver will plug right in? The car is a year 2000 Honda Torneo SiR(which I got just the other day).

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
is there a reliable way to find out if a receiver will plug right in? The car is a year 2000 Honda Torneo SiR(which I got just the other day).

There's probably one available for almost every car. Just check amazon and make sure its the right one. Also, I don't know if you have some tools, but you'll need it. You're going to have to remove the big plastic piece, which surrounds the stereo and gauges.

Arebours

Oct 27, 2017
There's probably one available for almost every car. Just check amazon and make sure its the right one. Also, I don't know if you have some tools, but you'll need it. You're going to have to remove the big plastic piece, which surrounds the stereo and gauges.
Something like this kit?

there's also cd switcher box inside the middle console, I suppose I have to remove that as well?

edit:
so after thinking about it I'm considering replacing the 2 din navi screen with some android auto compatible thing instead of just a simple stereo.. if I can find one, which doesn't seem very hopeful because despite the fact that almost all devices I see recommended are made by japanese companies there's like zero of them available here in Japan.

Last edited:

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Something like this kit?

there's also cd switcher box inside the middle console, I suppose I have to remove that as well?

edit:
so after thinking about it I'm considering replacing the 2 din navi screen with some android auto compatible thing instead of just a simple stereo.. if I can find one, which doesn't seem very hopeful because despite the fact that almost all devices I see recommended are made by japanese companies there's like zero of them available here in Japan.

If you're lucky you might be able to find a plug where you don't have to do any soldering. Of course its not really a guarantee. But yeah, something like in that amazon link. The important thing is that its for your specific car.

Arebours

Oct 27, 2017
If you're lucky you might be able to find a plug where you don't have to do any soldering. Of course its not really a guarantee. But yeah, something like in that amazon link. The important thing is that its for your specific car.
after doing some research it unfortunately looks like I will have to table the head unit upgrade, for now at least. The car came equipped with some special sauce Bose sound system(that actually sounds pretty good) and it turns out they use their own interfaces, wires, wattage and so on which basically makes it impossible to just swap out the stereo. From what I gather you either need to be an electrical engineer or swap out the whole audio system, speakers and wires included to make an upgrade.

I'm exploring a few other possibilities though. From what I understand it should be possible to connect some kind of aftermarket bluetooth audio dongle to the cd changer port and get sound from my smartphone that way. That kind of device doesn't seem to be available here so I would have to import from overseas.
That makes me wonder though - shouldn't it then also be possible to swap the broken navi screen for a digital receiver(with screen and android auto) and feed that sound into the old stereo through the same port? It's all very confusing to me, especially since I know next to nothing about these things.

for now I'm using a crappy fm transmitter. not liking that audio at all.

gotta say the Torneo is a pretty fun car to drive though.

Last edited: