• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I have yet to see an A90 on the roads, but I did see this JZA70 with 1J
iwvh1Lu.jpg
Damn thats clean af

Sleepyhead86

Oct 27, 2017
Just had a local car photographer do a photo shoot with my car, and I was blown away by the results. I learned I suck at photography, and a pro can just flat out find the right angles.

2GvbC5b.jpg

jRi3HH2.jpg

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's my fathers weekend toy, but he has been DDing it a bit while the weather is nice.
The annoying thing is that the car brings a lot of unwanted attention - last week some guy followed my dad to work lol. The other day some guy in a Tesla Model 3 pulled up and floored it - I legitimately thought the guy was gonna wreck as there was so much tire squeal. I thought the guy completely lost traction lol.

Yes, bright colored sports cars always bring attention but that's the nature of the game. You're dad fully expected it haha.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
learning angles (and other aspects of photo composition) is not that hard. Shoot a bunch of toys and action figures to practice, even your phone will do!

Sleepyhead86

Oct 27, 2017
Super clean! Car looks wicked. Gonna need to make this my pc wallpaper.
Thanks! Really Impressed with the shots I got.

Holy shit those are amazing shots. Helps that your car looks awesome!
The pictures make it look so much better, seriously thinking about getting a print to hang on the wall. When I got the download link I was blown away.

learning angles (and other aspects of photo composition) is not that hard. Shoot a bunch of toys and action figures to practice, even your phone will do!
I actually pulled out my old Nikon D3300 and I'm going to start to put some effort into learning.

Tanooki

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
There is literally no reason for me to own a truck, but I'm about to pull the trigger on a Rubicon Gladiator. but I literally just got out of my negative equity on a my current vehicle, and would want to keep it alongside the Gladiator. I see so many people stomping on it, but I can't help but a drool a little every time I see one. (which hasn't been very often yet)

Briareos

Oct 28, 2017
Maine
There is literally no reason for me to own a truck, but I'm about to pull the trigger on a Rubicon Gladiator. but I literally just got out of my negative equity on a my current vehicle, and would want to keep it alongside the Gladiator. I see so many people stomping on it, but I can't help but a drool a little every time I see one. (which hasn't been very often yet)
Have you been inside one? I test drove them maybe ten years ago, so my info is outdated, but I was surprised at how cheap and plasticky a Jeep interior was constructed. Was expecting something a bit tougher given the brand reputation. I had last driven an 1980s Jeep and probably had canonized my memory of them along these lines:

196044_Interior_Web.jpg.png

Interiors of Minis turned me off in a similar way. This all probably explains my Land Rover Defender fetish.

Tanooki

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Have you been inside one? I test drove them maybe ten years ago, so my info is outdated, but I was surprised at how cheap and plasticky a Jeep interior was constructed. Was expecting something a bit tougher given the brand reputation. I had last driven an 1980s Jeep and probably had canonized my memory of them along these lines:
I have! Jeeps have been on my radar for a while, and a good buddy of mine just got a (base) 2019 Wrangler. Definitely get what you mean about the plastic look - and it isn't limited to the interior either, I find some of the exterior trimming to have a slightly off-putting cheap texture to it, too. That being said, I've kind of just come to terms with that being a part of the Jeep Chaaarm. Another major snag for me is that I find it rather uncomfortable to drive manual in Jeeps (Wrangler/Gladiator) and the clutch is not very responsive. I've never owned a Chrysler, but I've been told that's common for them.

Ugh. Like I said, there isn't really any practical reason for me to buy a truck, or even a Jeep at this point in my life. It's just something I really want to see in my parking lot, lol.

Side note: Mini interior is waaaaay worse.

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
2020 Toyota Supra Super GT GT500. Nissan and Toyota shakedown at Suzuka, Honda isn't because NSX shown was show car without engine
70496477_959053794430243_1277737965807730688_n.png

70364004_959053764430246_4174374415443689472_n.png

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
my local mazda dealer has a 30AE ND.... it looks so good wtf

Someone in my neighborhood has it. It looks good in Orange, but it looks good from afar in Orange. I don't know if it will continue to look good every day in my driveway or if I would look good in it, if that makes any sense.

The Ceramic metallic is the best looking color on the ND i think, followed closely by the Soul Red and Machine Grey (with cherry top if soft top). I got Soul Red / black interior because University of Georgia GO DAWGS but if it weren't for that, i'd have gone with the Ceramic.

Anyways you should totally do it if you want to get rid of the rx-7. "get rid of the RX-7" hurts me to type and I don't even own it, but i'm sure throwing tons of money at it to keep it on the road is probably annoying as fuck.

Envelope

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Someone in my neighborhood has it. It looks good in Orange, but it looks good from afar in Orange. I don't know if it will continue to look good every day in my driveway or if I would look good in it, if that makes any sense.

The Ceramic metallic is the best looking color on the ND i think, followed closely by the Soul Red and Machine Grey (with cherry top if soft top). I got Soul Red / black interior because University of Georgia GO DAWGS but if it weren't for that, i'd have gone with the Ceramic.

Anyways you should totally do it if you want to get rid of the rx-7. "get rid of the RX-7" hurts me to type and I don't even own it, but i'm sure throwing tons of money at it to keep it on the road is probably annoying as fuck.
yeah i still love driving it but between only really being able to drive it for 4-5 months a year, the rotary tax that comes with every repair, maintenance, part replacement, etc, and the realization I had more fun actively building the car up to its current level than just owning it in its current state I think I'm about ready to let it go - the freedom that comes with having something easy and cheap to drive/maintain while still keeping the fun that comes with driving sounds much more appealing and a miata ticks all those boxes.

Envelope

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How does this rust look? Should I rule out buying this?
Excuse the bad pictures, I was under a truck.
6dTgKFn.jpg

PQH1XHF.jpg

6FsBqGC.jpg
got any more details? Price/vehicle/purpose? That looks like average 10yo car rust for my area so by itself not necessarily a deal breaker but if it's being offered as a clean car with a higher price not worth

Skai

Oct 27, 2017
Went to check out the Civic Type R (they sold it) but man I really do love the look of it, especially in the Sonic gray pearl. I know it's a bit boy racer, but I love the styling.

Does anyone have one here? I think there's one use that does?

I'm actually thinking of picking up a 2020 to go along with the 2020 Ford Raptor I have on order. I would really love a 'fun' car to go along with a fun truck. I really do miss driving manual.

Briareos

Oct 28, 2017
Maine
Thread got me going down another RDR rabbit hole at 6am this morning sitting in my hotel. Good times. Buddy had a gen 3 prelude in high school. MEMORIES.

Oct 25, 2017
Went to check out the Civic Type R (they sold it) but man I really do love the look of it, especially in the Sonic gray pearl. I know it's a bit boy racer, but I love the styling.

Does anyone have one here? I think there's one use that does?
I own a 2018 Si and I've been around the Type-R a lot as I know someone who has one.
It's really a fantastic car, my favorite thing by far is just the transmission, rowing through the gears on that car is addictive. I found myself always looking for an opportunity to downshift even if it was totally unnecessary lmao.

I'm glad that they added sonic grey to the 2019 model year because I loooove that color even though a lot of people seem to hate it lmao, I'm also one of the weirdos that loves the over the top styling.

It's a cool car and if it's still in production in 3 years I will probably pick one up.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to Japan next month and am fully indulging in car weeb shit. Mazda plant tour, driving tour in Hakone in a FD, Tokyo Motor Show, Toyota Mega Web. Never driven RHD so I'm a bit nervous about that admittedly but the tour is guided.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I'm going to Japan next month and am fully indulging in car weeb shit. Mazda plant tour, driving tour in Hakone in a FD, Tokyo Motor Show, Toyota Mega Web. Never driven RHD so I'm a bit nervous about that admittedly but the tour is guided.

For me switching was pretty easy. Though I've driven RHD cars before, just not on the other side of the street. You just have to be thinking about it and it won't be a problem.

Also, the Mazda plant tour is pretty neat. I went in 2012 for a school trip, and I'm pretty sure I was the only one that was excited for it since no one else really cared about cars. They didn't let me take pictures in the actual assembly building or around the campus, just in the museum area.

Here's my pictures if you're interested. I'm sure it will be different when you go due to it being 7 years later. I mean, when I went they were still making the RX-8.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
For me switching was pretty easy. Though I've driven RHD cars before, just not on the other side of the street. You just have to be thinking about it and it won't be a problem.

Also, the Mazda plant tour is pretty neat. I went in 2012 for a school trip, and I'm pretty sure I was the only one that was excited for it since no one else really cared about cars. They didn't let me take pictures in the actual assembly building or around the campus, just in the museum area.

Here's my pictures if you're interested. I'm sure it will be different when you go due to it being 7 years later. I mean, when I went they were still making the RX-8.

These pics have me even more excited :D

Definitely will need to keep my brain on when in the tour lol.

Gonna check out Daikoku/Tatsumi PA and maybe some shops as well?

Honestly probably just Spoon Type One in terms of tourism. I already feel like I'm doing a lot and don't want to test my wife's patience on what's supposed to e our honeymoon lol.

There is an Upgarage north of Tokyo that has a Blitz supercharger that will fit on the engine in my EP3 but it's designed for a Stepwagon that has way more hood clearance. It's really tempting because of how much cheaper it is compared to superchargers commonly sold for the platform (like...six times as cheap) but there is so little documentation online for it. It took hours just to find an installation manual.

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
ah okay that makes sense. I'm not if it's true or not, but I hear there's a lot of car gathering around Daikoku Futo/Tatsumi/Umihotaro during Friday and weekends.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nice! Daily driver or?

Yeah, I bought it to daily drive, it makes the commute more fun. It's a 2010 Carrera S with only 24k miles. Manual transmission.

Passed a mechanical inspection with flying colors. No over revs, no body work, completely stock. Brand new PS4S tires.

It's so. good. to drive. The steering, shifter, and brakes are *chef's kiss*

I searched all over the country for a clean 997.2 C2S manual and got lucky that a perfect one was only an hour away.

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
So Mazda announced their touring car program with the mazda3 and I love the look of it. Only article I can find on it is on Jalopnik here
image0.jpg

image0.jpg

artsi

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
Any idea what this could be? 1.6 TDI Passat has this strange knocking / ticking sound when cold.
Warm engine sounds all good.

EGR cooler (with valve) has been changed and one diesel injector also.

Appears at 0:07

TheOne

Alt Account
Banned
May 25, 2019
Hello all! I currently have a 2016 ND Miata, which I bought new in April of 2017. I'll finish my payment soon. It's the car I daily drive everyday during the summer, but I'll soon have to transfert to my other car for daily driving during the winter. The other car is nothing special. It's an old Lexus. One of the reason I bought it is that since the ND is rather noisy, I wanted the complete opposite my second car. Something very calm and stressless. Anyway, I'm starting to eyeball my future purchase. I'm planning to start shopping as soon as I'm done paying for the ND, which at that point I also intend to sell the old Lexus. From what I gathered, my current choices would stop on 2 cars, 2 cars that really are one and the same, but not really. lol

I'm talking about the Stinger GT GT2 and the G70 Sport. Me and my girlfriend currently do not have any kid, so the additional space of the Stinger GT wouldn't be of much utility. On the other hand, the fast back hatch on the Stinger GT appears to be very useful. It definitely offers more space than the G70. That said, the G70 seems to offer a more premium interior, slightly better performance / handling. I really enjoy the look of both cars. On one hand, I prefer the front of the Stinger GT, but on the other hand I really do prefer the back of the G70. It's really a toss up for me. I plan to purchase anyone of them used. On one hand, the Stinger GT, where I live, is a bit more cheaper in the used market. On the other hand, the 5 years free maintenance of the G70 really is something I'd like to have.

I'm really torn between these two. I've tested much more recent Lexus while servicing my old one, and while I enjoyed them, they cost more to buy but also to maintain and truth be told, I feel like Toyota needs to add a bit more pep on their is350 / gs350.

I'm seeking comfort first and foremost then great acceleration/handling and finally great technology. My understanding is that both of them are neck and neck on any of these categories.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
Hello all! I currently have a 2016 ND Miata, which I bought new in April of 2017. I'll finish my payment soon. It's the car I daily drive everyday during the summer, but I'll soon have to transfert to my other car for daily driving during the winter. The other car is nothing special. It's an old Lexus. One of the reason I bought it is that since the ND is rather noisy, I wanted the complete opposite my second car. Something very calm and stressless. Anyway, I'm starting to eyeball my future purchase. I'm planning to start shopping as soon as I'm done paying for the ND, which at that point I also intend to sell the old Lexus. From what I gathered, my current choices would stop on 2 cars, 2 cars that really are one and the same, but not really. lol

I'm talking about the Stinger GT GT2 and the G70 Sport. Me and my girlfriend currently do not have any kid, so the additional space of the Stinger GT wouldn't be of much utility. On the other hand, the fast back hatch on the Stinger GT appears to be very useful. It definitely offers more space than the G70. That said, the G70 seems to offer a more premium interior, slightly better performance / handling. I really enjoy the look of both cars. On one hand, I prefer the front of the Stinger GT, but on the other hand I really do prefer the back of the G70. It's really a toss up for me. I plan to purchase anyone of them used. On one hand, the Stinger GT, where I live, is a bit more cheaper in the used market. On the other hand, the 5 years free maintenance of the G70 really is something I'd like to have.

I'm really torn between these two. I've tested much more recent Lexus while servicing my old one, and while I enjoyed them, they cost more to buy but also to maintain and truth be told, I feel like Toyota needs to add a bit more pep on their is350 / gs350.

I'm seeking comfort first and foremost then great acceleration/handling and finally great technology. My understanding is that both of them are neck and neck on any of these categories.

Id go with the G70.

BubbaKrumpz

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yay Area
G70. I've read in the forums and other places that the Stinger is a nightmare to maintain. This was a while ago though and then again, auto forums tend to blow shit out of proportion. The Golf forums would have me thinking my car is going to explode at any second.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The new UK road tax brackets have made leasing far more expensive, to the point where it isn't really worth it any more.

Under the new system, even for an entry luxury or performance vehicle, or a decent 4x4 for example, you could be paying a tax of £800-£2000+ the first year of ownership, and then £465+ per year for the next 4 years after that.

That's a bit silly. The road tax in the second year onwards is almost the same as my actual annual insurance, and the first year's is far more.

To put it in context, pre 2017 the equivalent road tax would have been just £140-£200 per year total. As an example, my Jag XFS bought pre March 2017 would have cost £800 in road tax over 5 years, post 2017 however it would cost over £3000. Spread that over a shorter term lease and it makes a fairly notable difference to monthly premiums.

For these reasons I'm staying clear of new vehicle leases again. Prices across the board seem to have risen fairly substantially with like for like models compared to what they were just a few years ago.

In any case, I put in an offer on a car that I'm super interested in. Despite my best efforts at negotiating, I doubt they'll come down to what I'm asking, but here's hoping.

Last edited: