• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheOne

Alt Account
Banned
May 25, 2019
G70. I've read in the forums and other places that the Stinger is a nightmare to maintain. This was a while ago though and then again, auto forums tend to blow shit out of proportion. The Golf forums would have me thinking my car is going to explode at any second.

Well aren't they sharing the same platform? Same transmission, same inner body, same engine, etc. From what I've read, they are both pretty reliable cars, just that the G70 comes with the standard Genesis valet service + 5 years free maintenance while the Stinger GT has your general KIA experience. My girlfriend has a Soul. I don't really like her car, but I can't really complain against her dealer since they seem pretty fair, from the experience I've gathered. At first I thought they were trying to screw us when they told us her fuse box was broken and needed to be replaced. I refused the reparation, went to my go to mechanic, and yeah they told us the exact same thing. Similar scenarios, albeit with a different broken item, happened 2 more times so far, so at this point I'm inclined to trust them when something goes wrong on her car.

At this point I guess this could make for a compelling argument in favor of the G70. Let's say I buy the car somewhere in 2020. I purchase a 2019 model. Depending of exactly when did the previous owner purchase the car, I could still have around 3-4 years of free maintenance on it, which would be awesome. But I assume that by then, the 2018 Stinger GT could cost as much as $10K less. I basically need to calculate how much would I save in maintnance versus the straight price cut. I really like both cars lol

Briareos

Oct 28, 2017
Maine
Got to take a gorgeous autumn peak season ride in the back of a Model A today.

IMG_8389.png

View from the back:

IMG_8393.png

Was part of a larger classic car ride they do every weekend:

IMG_8394.png

IMG_8395.png

IMG_8396.png

IMG_8397.png

IMG_8398.png

Love the hand-pumped canister:

IMG_8399.png

As a PG Wodehouse fan, this MG destroyed me. So beautiful.

IMG_8400.png

IMG_8401.png

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
When i watch clips of Jay Leno's Garagre, his cars all have something hooked up to the battery during storage, what is it?

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Went to check out the Civic Type R (they sold it) but man I really do love the look of it, especially in the Sonic gray pearl. I know it's a bit boy racer, but I love the styling.

Does anyone have one here? I think there's one use that does?

I'm actually thinking of picking up a 2020 to go along with the 2020 Ford Raptor I have on order. I would really love a 'fun' car to go along with a fun truck. I really do miss driving manual.

I missed this post. I have a 2019 Civic Type R, in black. I came from a 2018 Focus RS to this car due to gas mileage (moved, so I have a commute). Have had it for about four months now. FWD is not ideal for a performance car. The CTR is not more fun than the RS. It's fast but it's not super fun and exciting. Also, the reviews claim that torque steer is eliminated but that's not entirely accurate. The steering assist is great for launches but you can still get torque steer if the car is upset exiting corners by, say, a bump. Also, being front wheel drive means that, even on a dry road with warm tires, you break loose in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gears. It's not fun to lose traction in a FWD car, lol.

Not to sound down on the car, it's a fantastic daily driver, very spacious yet light, comfortable/practical interior, better ride position than the CTR/STI/RS/Golf R, and the stock tune is excellent. It pulls to redline without any of the nonsense that you get in the stock RS or STI tunes. The Type R is easy to drive fast, handling is sorted-out. I even like the looks, in black or the gray only, though.

I think the Raptor is going to be my next ride. You'll have to let us know how it works out for you.

Skai

Oct 27, 2017
I missed this post. I have a 2019 Civic Type R, in black. I came from a 2018 Focus RS to this car due to gas mileage (moved, so I have a commute). Have had it for about four months now. FWD is not ideal for a performance car. The CTR is not more fun than the RS. It's fast but it's not super fun and exciting. Also, the reviews claim that torque steer is eliminated but that's not entirely accurate. The steering assist is great for launches but you can still get torque steer if the car is upset exiting corners by, say, a bump. Also, being front wheel drive means that, even on a dry road with warm tires, you break loose in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gears. It's not fun to lose traction in a FWD car, lol.

Not to sound down on the car, it's a fantastic daily driver, very spacious yet light, comfortable/practical interior, better ride position than the CTR/STI/RS/Golf R, and the stock tune is excellent. It pulls to redline without any of the nonsense that you get in the stock RS or STI tunes. The Type R is easy to drive fast, handling is sorted-out. I even like the looks, in black or the gray only, though.

I think the Raptor is going to be my next ride. You'll have to let us know how it works out for you.

Thanks,

I actually cancelled my Raptor preorder and I'm going to wait until next summer and look for a 2018/2019 Porsche GT3 6spd Manual in Chalk, Miami Blue or Guards Red.

I want to payoff more of my AMG C63S Coupe and use that a decent downpayment then maybe out some more money down outta pocket.

opticalmace

Oct 27, 2017
Drove a 2019 BRZ today (6 speed with the performance pack). Was a fun little drive, though I took it pretty easy (traffic). It surprised me how sharp the steering is, which was nice. A bit noisier than I expected, also with some squeaks and creaks. Suspension a bit stiff but probably not too bad.

Didn't have a chance to really wind it out but the power seemed OK/adequate. Also I found the seat a bit narrow at first, but when driving I didn't seem to mind it.

Looking to drive an MX-5 soft top and RF next for comparison's sake!

edit: I did like the BRZ, and will consider it. I think the MX-5 will probably turn me though...

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
The MX-5 will drive better than the BRZ, but you need to not just drive it in traffic. You need to get it out someplace where you can wind it up a bit.

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017

I love my RS. I look forward to driving the car every damn day. I'm glad I don't care about gas mileage, though. :) hah

My average MPG is 21.2mpg. My best mpg is 25.2 last weekend on a highway trip to NYC.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I love my RS. I look forward to driving the car every damn day. I'm glad I don't care about gas mileage, though. :) hah

My average MPG is 21.2mpg. My best mpg is 25.2 last weekend on a highway trip to NYC.

How is your best mpg so low? Shouldn't motorway mpg be closer to 36? Unless you're constantly flooring it on the motorway too lol.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
Well I found a nice scratch on my paint. How much does it cost to spot repair something like this? Do they need to repaint the entire panel?

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
How is your best mpg so low? Shouldn't motorway mpg be closer to 36? Unless you're constantly flooring it on the motorway too lol.

The 2.3L is thirsty! The car computer showed 27.8mpg, btw. I calculated it for real after a fill-up. That trip did include a little bit of NYC driving, too.

opticalmace

Oct 27, 2017
Checked out a 2018 MX-5 RF GT today. We had a bit of a quick drive, though it was very rainy (and traffic, of course).

Impressions:
- very pretty, nice interior too
- couldn't get very comfortable. either the seat position was awkward, or my head was grazing the roof.
- gear shifter wasn't as smooth as I expected, but it doesn't have many kms on it yet
- very tight cabin. even though I don't need to carry anything, I sort of missed the size of the BRZ I drove.

Power was nice, and the steering was very quick. It was funny seeing the front end lift a bit when getting on the throttle.

Naturally I wasn't able to do much spirited driving with it in the city, but overall I was actually put off a bit (mostly by the ergonomic stuff). I think I might prefer the BRZ...

But I need to drive the soft top MX-5 next.

img_20191020_1511312jkit.jpg

BubbaKrumpz

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yay Area
Checked out a 2018 MX-5 RF GT today. We had a bit of a quick drive, though it was very rainy (and traffic, of course).

Impressions:
- very pretty, nice interior too
- couldn't get very comfortable. either the seat position was awkward, or my head was grazing the roof.
- gear shifter wasn't as smooth as I expected, but it doesn't have many kms on it yet
- very tight cabin. even though I don't need to carry anything, I sort of missed the size of the BRZ I drove.

Power was nice, and the steering was very quick. It was funny seeing the front end lift a bit when getting on the throttle.

Naturally I wasn't able to do much spirited driving with it in the city, but overall I was actually put off a bit (mostly by the ergonomic stuff). I think I might prefer the BRZ...

But I need to drive the soft top MX-5 next.

img_20191020_1511312jkit.jpg
I'm thinking about going easy on my wallet and getting a Miata instead. Drove both and I would definitely go RF than soft top just based on looks but I'm probably going to end up getting a soft top club. I'm 5'8" and being a big dude i felt a bit cramped but nothing too bad that i wouldn't be able to deal with on a daily basis. It would pair nice with my GTI. I definitely plan on keeping it for a long time so I'm open to throwing a supercharger in it down the road.

I'd go for the ND2 but used models are pretty cheap.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I miss my RS. It was a cool car. I would be willing to look at the next gen RS if we get it here in the States. I just hope it doesn't get any heavier, lol.

nib95

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Are Alfa Romeo's actually as unreliable as they have a reputation for being? Interested in the Giulia Quadrifoglio, but I'm scared about potential reliability and repair bills.

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
there is a next gen RS?

It sounds like Europe will get a next generation RS. But Ford has no plans to bring the mk4 Focus to the US, let alone the RS. :(

The new generations of Focus ST and Fiesta ST sound like awesome cars. If only Ford would get its head out of its own...

I went to RS Adrenaline Academy earlier this year in Salt Lake City and got to explore the limits of the RS on the track. Also got to try out drift mode in a wet parking lot with the drift stick e-brake mod, and on an autocross course. I'm a bit biased, but jeez the car is so damn capable and fun and forgiving. It almost made me want to get back into autocrossing. Almost.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
It sounds like Europe will get a next generation RS. But Ford has no plans to bring the mk4 Focus to the US, let alone the RS. :(

The new generations of Focus ST and Fiesta ST sound like awesome cars. If only Ford would get its head out of its own...

I went to RS Adrenaline Academy earlier this year in Salt Lake City and got to explore the limits of the RS on the track. Also got to try out drift mode in a wet parking lot with the drift stick e-brake mod, and on an autocross course. I'm a bit biased, but jeez the car is so damn capable and fun and forgiving. It almost made me want to get back into autocrossing. Almost.

I'll have to look into these. Wonder if they'll become the next wrc platform. Also curious if Subaru (and maybe mitsu) returning to wrc will see new cars too, that hopefully come stateside

opticalmace

Oct 27, 2017
Saga continues. Drove a 2017 mid-level MX-5 soft top today. The weather was nice and there were a few corners. Really enjoyed it, but found it way too noisy at highway speeds (RF is a lot quieter). It was incredibly easy to drive.

The 2018 RF I looked at is a really good deal, but I haven't driven a 2019 yet with the revised engine (+26hp!) and bits and bobs (telescoping steering wheel, backup camera). Might try to hold out until I can get a good deal on a 2019 instead. Guy said the 2020 models should start showing up in a few months...

Either that or just get a 2014-2016 FRS and save a lot of money.

WpkSB8N.jpg

2LkmX7V.jpg

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of Maaaaazda, Im going to be trading in my '18 Cvic hatch sport for the '19 Mazda 3 hatch manual. I have never really considered being a Mazda owner (big fan of RX-7), but the redesign blew me away. If it hadnt looked so good, I would be happy keeping the civic.

opticalmace

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of Maaaaazda, Im going to be trading in my '18 Cvic hatch sport for the '19 Mazda 3 hatch manual. I have never really considered being a Mazda owner (big fan of RX-7), but the redesign blew me away. If it hadnt looked so good, I would be happy keeping the civic.
Nice. Is the mazda 3 more fun to drive? I've heard good things about both of them, but haven't driven either.

Envelope

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i'm very happy with my '18 mazda 3 stick, definitely feels more alive and less of a driving appliance compared to civic/corollas even though it's still a commuter car at the end of the day. haven't driven the new gen mazda 3 yets so I can't compare it to that unfortunately. I still wanna check out those new miatas tho...

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
Nice. Is the mazda 3 more fun to drive? I've heard good things about both of them, but haven't driven either.

Theres a bunch of differences, but Ill keep it short. If you want roomy and sporty, go with the civic. If you want upscale and asthetics, go with the Mazda. Both have the full safety suite of driver's aid. I also decided that the turbo wasnt the way to go for long term. The tried and true NA engine in the Mazda gives me peace of mind.

Dr. Sanchez

Nov 15, 2017
anyone drive a 9th gen accord coupe v6? Going to test drive one this Saturday. Looking for a comfortable, fun car to drive as a daily.

Mr_Mondee

Nov 23, 2017
After a number of issues with my 2019 Fiesta ST and Ford UK being absolutely useless, I decided to pack it in and get a more family oriented car.

I test drove the new A4, Mazda 3, Hyundai I30 N and the Giulia Veloce.

The Giulia won me over during the test drive and the excellent customer service I received plus 5/3/5 offer just made it easier. I am now a proud owner of a 2019 Giulia Veloce and couldn't be happier.

nib95

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
After a number of issues with my 2019 Fiesta ST and Ford UK being absolutely useless, I decided to pack it in and get a more family oriented car.

I test drove the new A4, Mazda 3, Hyundai I30 N and the Giulia Veloce.

The Giulia won me over during the test drive and the excellent customer service I received plus 5/3/5 offer just made it easier. I am now a proud owner of a 2019 Giulia Veloce and couldn't be happier.

Post some pics!

nib95

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The weather has been pretty shit so i haven't taken any decent pictures. Only pictures i have is these 2 that i took quickly when i picked the car up.
B9ce8hy.jpg

yH9d72s.jpg

Love the look of these Alfas. Was close to getting a Quadrifoglio myself, but alas it was a tad outside my budget.

Let us know how you get on with reliability etc. Might still go for a Quadrifoglio next time but would like to hear more from Alfa owners about long term viability.

Mr_Mondee

Nov 23, 2017
Love the look of these Alfas. Was close to getting a Quadrifoglio myself, but alas it was a tad outside my budget.

Let us know how you get on with reliability etc. Might still go for a Quadrifoglio next time but would like to hear more from Alfa owners about long term viability.
Will do, however Alfa are so confident, they give you 5 Year Warranty, 3 Year Servicing and 5 year Road Side Assistance for free.

Skai

Oct 27, 2017
My dad has a Stelvio and besides the battery dying it hasn't any problems and it's been almost 2 years.

I'm hoping the refresh Giulia's and Stelvio get an updated infotainment system. The current one is crap and so convoluted to use, they should just take the Uconnect from other FCA cars and tool it to Alfa's liking.

Dr. Sanchez

Nov 15, 2017
J7sN1se.jpg

Well I found one in great condition. Searching for an accord this well maintained was hard to do, as every time there was one available with low miles, someone else would buy within 3 days of it's listing. Anyway, very happy with my purchase and a step up from my 2010 Sentra.

Chan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are Alfa Romeo's actually as unreliable as they have a reputation for being? Interested in the Giulia Quadrifoglio, but I'm scared about potential reliability and repair bills.
Before I purchased my 19 Mazda3 Hatch FWD MT, I was looking at the Giulia and had my heart set on one. From everything I've read the reliability reports have been shit. C&D put 40k miles and most the time the car was in the shop, so I said to myself I could live with one if on a lease so I don't have to deal with the shit residuals and if something does go wrong I won't have to deal with it long term wise. Then my local Alfa dealer bellys up and shuts down, I'm in SoCal which is like the 5th largest auto market in the world, a premium dealer shouldn't be closing its doors. That's what ended my infatuation with Alfa Romeo, will they even be around tomorrow to support the cars? I'm taking a job where I have to be oncall and respond within 30 minutes, need a reliable car to make sure I'm able to get to my job and save a life.

I absolutely love my 19 hatch, only thing I truly wish Mazda did differently was put the turbo from the 6 into this thing but the zoom zoom days of Mazda is over now. For the most part the torsen beam in the back isn't noticeable until you start pushing things, but daily driving this car is comparable or exceeds entry level luxury cars, my friend thought the car cost $40k when he got into it. The 2020 models are starting to roll out (no changes from the 19) and I'm weary of the Skyactiv-X engine that hasn't been released here yet in NA yet.

I do plan on putting lowering my car and adding stiffer sway bars, but I really need to get rid of all the disgusting piano black interior with some vinyl wrap.

Briareos

Oct 28, 2017
Maine
Well I found one in great condition. Searching for an accord this well maintained was hard to do, as every time there was one available with low miles, someone else would buy within 3 days of it's listing. Anyway, very happy with my purchase and a step up from my 2010 Sentra.
Nice, hope it works out well. I've always been impressed at the quiet sophistication and reliability of the Accords.

Buddy rented an RF out in NoCal recently, gave it a glowing review. Sort of tempted to buy one for touring with the wife. Don't really have any place to put it though, especially with needing to have a third car for my daughter soon. Ah well.

Chan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nice, hope it works out well. I've always been impressed at the quiet sophistication and reliability of the Accords.

Buddy rented an RF out in NoCal recently, gave it a glowing review. Sort of tempted to buy one for touring with the wife. Don't really have any place to put it though, especially with needing to have a third car for my daughter soon. Ah well.

Yeah I loved everything about the Miata until I had to accept I couldn't fit my golf clubs into it.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I loved everything about the Miata until I had to accept I couldn't fit my golf clubs into it.

That's what I have my g37 for.

I love my ND Miata. I've enjoyed it far more than my 240sx, my g35, and my current g37. Not being able to carry my golf bag is a very minor annoyance.