• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Envelope

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are tirerack's winter tire/wheel packages reasonable? Looking ahead since winter is coming and a steely/blizzak package is about 900 for my car but I don't have much to compare it to at this point.

Creatchee

Oct 26, 2017
Sarasota, Florida
0-B14-C57-F-A229-4-A1-F-9-D54-FB6-F12-F61-EC3.jpg

Just joined AudiEra. Got a great deal on a CPO 2018 A5 Coupe with only 1900 miles. Her name is Lily and I love her.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
0-B14-C57-F-A229-4-A1-F-9-D54-FB6-F12-F61-EC3.jpg

Just joined AudiEra. Got a great deal on a CPO 2018 A5 Coupe with only 1900 miles. Her name is Lily and I love her.

Damn, that's basically new. To be on the safe side, I'd check your service history to make sure the car hasn't been sat at a dealership getting repairs for much of its life, or that the mileage hasn't been clocked back at all. But either way, lovely car. My cousin has one enjoys his.

Creatchee

Oct 26, 2017
Sarasota, Florida
1900 or 19000? The former is basically like new haha. Congrats either way. How much did you pay?
1,900 (one thousand nine hundred). Premium Plus, B&O stereo, A-line package, cargo nets etc

Dealer wanted 39K before taxes fees and such. Got it down to 37K out the door after taxes fees etc. Probably still could have gotten lower, but I'm happy with everything and I really needed to get out of my other car.

Damn, that's basically new. To be on the safe side, I'd check your service history to make sure the car hasn't been sat at a dealership getting repairs for much of its life, or that the mileage hasn't been clocked back at all. But either way, lovely car. My cousin has one enjoys his.

Yeah I'm definitely going to look again at Carfax and service history just to be sure. Fingers crossed because it runs beautifully. It was supposedly somebody's who lived here in Florida part time, so they hardly used it.

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1,900 (one thousand nine hundred). Premium Plus, B&O stereo, A-line package, cargo nets etc

Dealer wanted 39K before taxes fees and such. Got it down to 37K out the door after taxes fees etc. Probably still could have gotten lower, but I'm happy with everything and I really needed to get out of my other car.

Yeah I'm definitely going to look again at Carfax and service history just to be sure. Fingers crossed because it runs beautifully. It was supposedly somebody's who lived here in Florida part time, so they hardly used it.

Awesome deal, man! Take some more pics. Did it also come with an extended warranty?

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
I'm probably gonna get a paint repair job for the door scratch. I'm anticipating 2k or more. I'm just going to towel wash the thing myself to compensate for the next 10 years

Creatchee

Oct 26, 2017
Sarasota, Florida
Awesome deal, man! Take some more pics. Did it also come with an extended warranty?

I'll grab some more later on today. I had sprung about 2 Grand extra for the extended warranty, which effectively have me two extra years.

Oct 25, 2017
Man.. every place is totally sold out of preorders for 2020 Corvettes. My lease ends toward the end of 2020 so may just get a 2021 and get a deposit in now for that.

Oct 25, 2017
C8 Corvette has been preordered! Sent the deposit today. They said by Spring/Summer but I really don't want it then. I actually want it around October lol...

Long wait ahead!

I live in Orange County Cali and there are two dealers here who sell at MSRP but they are already sold out of their 2020 allocations. One was taking preorders for 2021. The other wasn't because they over pre-ordered 2020s.

I decided to go with a dealership in NH which is the second highest volume dealership in the US and they are receiving 10x the amount the two in Orange County are so they still had some. They are a MSRP dealer with no dealer fees as well. Going to lease through them. $800 for delivery is what they quoted me.

2020s are pretty much sold out in the whole entire US except a handful of dealers that are either upcharging by a ton or these super high volume ones that haven't gone through their allocation yet.

75375633_10157267370580399_5064435580708847616_o.jpg

72573495_10157267370605399_470022692385325056_o.jpg

75369171_10157267370630399_1280981903066791936_o.jpg

Antagon

Nov 4, 2017
So, looking for a new car (The Netherlands) since a second kid is on the way and our Clio station is too small to fit a child seat comfortably behind the drivers seat. I want something relatively new, efficient and affordable.

A Seat Leon ST (1.0 TSI engine, no FR let alone cupra budget here) seems pretty much perfect to me. Any tips for other cars I should check out? An Octavia Combi is another obvious choice, but otherwise I'm getting a bit lost in all the options.

nib95

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
C8 Corvette has been preordered! Sent the deposit today. They said by Spring/Summer but I really don't want it then. I actually want it around October lol...

Long wait ahead!

I live in Orange County Cali and there are two dealers here who sell at MSRP but they are already sold out of their 2020 allocations. One was taking preorders for 2021. The other wasn't because they over pre-ordered 2020s.

I decided to go with a dealership in NH which is the second highest volume dealership in the US and they are receiving 10x the amount the two in Orange County are so they still had some. They are a MSRP dealer with no dealer fees as well. Going to lease through them. $800 for delivery is what they quoted me.

2020s are pretty much sold out in the whole entire US except a handful of dealers that are either upcharging by a ton or these super high volume ones that haven't gone through their allocation yet.

75375633_10157267370580399_5064435580708847616_o.jpg

72573495_10157267370605399_470022692385325056_o.jpg

75369171_10157267370630399_1280981903066791936_o.jpg

Looks incredible. Grats man.

One thing, the first image shows the black wheels with silver outer lining, whilst the third pic shows full silver wheels. I'd personally go with the black wheels that have the silver outer rim, since I think they really suit the black accents all around the car, and just look more aggressive.

I might pick one up in future myself (UK), but most probably second hand so I don't eat the brunt of the depreciation, but that's if they even depreciate much, which they may not given how sought after they are.

h1nch

Dec 12, 2017
I really want a C8. I called a local dealer shortly after the reveal to get my name on the list, but those dickbags never called me back. I didn't bother following up because I decided I would wait and see what problems show up in these first year models. Also I can't decide which color I want so I need to see them in person. Hopefully I can drive one before making a decision on a 2021 or used 2020.

Oct 25, 2017
Looks incredible. Grats man.

One thing, the first image shows the black wheels with silver outer lining, whilst the third pic shows full silver wheels. I'd personally go with the black wheels that have the silver outer rim, since I think they really suit the black accents all around the car, and just look more aggressive.

I might pick one up in future myself (UK), but most probably second hand so I don't eat the brunt of the depreciation, but that's if they even depreciate much, which they may not given how sought after they are.
I think that is just GMs sites lighting on these images in the customizer. They are all the black wheels.

I really want a C8. I called a local dealer shortly after the reveal to get my name on the list, but those dickbags never called me back. I didn't bother following up because I decided I would wait and see what problems show up in these first year models. Also I can't decide which color I want so I need to see them in person. Hopefully I can drive one before making a decision on a 2021 or used 2020.
Some dealerships are taking 2021 deposits now. 2020s are essentially sold out except the super high volume ones which still have some allocation.
2020 used ones will go for stupid sticker prices as many dealers are already trying to bullshit their way and charge more than MSRP by a ton with markups.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing is sacred anymore.

Ford is not making cars anymore and using the Mustang brand on SUVs.
Ferrari (and every other seasoned exotic manufacturer) is making an SUV.
BMWs continue to gain weight.
Audi has 5+ different SUVs.
FIAT is for the most part exiting the small car segment.
Toyota worked on the Supra for over a decade and pumped out that ugly AF design.
Small EV startups have been almost completely replaced with executive or SUV startups.

On the flipside.. uhh.. I guess Lotus is prospering?

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Toyota worked on the Supra for over a decade and pumped out that ugly AF design.
Small EV startups have been almost completely replaced with executive or SUV startups.

BMW is still quite fantastic for enthusiasts and they continually have been. Have you driven the M2 Competition? Fantastic sports car. The M340i is insane as well.

BMW has something for everyone.

Oct 25, 2017
I used to drive a Lotus Evora. I miss it every freaking day. This C8 will be fun.. but I highly considered getting a Lotus Evora GT over the C8.

I still have time to waffle back and forth. I just think the extra features I have in my existing car (safety/tech) will make it hard for me to go back to something like an Evora which most def has some of them but not nearly anywhere as what more standard cars have now these days.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017

dont forget the rumored evo 11 crossover

opticalmace

Oct 27, 2017
I'm also in the market for a Miata. Would prefer a 2019 but what do you think of this deal...

2018 RF GT with optional grand sport package up here in Canada (brembos/bbs/nappa leather). Has 5000km, CPO. They're asking $34k CAD (or about $26.5k USD) before taxes. On the high end of my budget but would consider it.

To get a 2019 with the specs I want (not as high end), it would be about... $39k CAD maybe, which is definitely over budget.

Not sure if I should just grab the 2018, or maybe wait till next year and get a 2019?

nib95

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Finally finished my several month-long bout of test driving numerous different vehicles, got a great deal and have decided on a purchase.

Already sold the Jag XFS (it sold privately within just 3 days). Will update soon, including possibly posting brief impressions of numerous different vehicles I tested inc the Audi S4, S5, BMW M3, 540i, 340i, Mercedes C63, C43, E43 etc. Pretty interesting and fun comparing and contrasting them against one another.