• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Jormungand ep.3-4
Oh my, Koko is one twisted chick and damn luck as well. The show continues to plug along with gunfight after gunfight, which I can't complain about bevause they are all, far-fetched & brutal, but pretty fun at the same time.
as I said it's an action show.
and yeah koko is twisted, and a bit lucky, but mostly she just keeps really good company :P

Technically they're genderless.

they would still be censored in EU if they looked like they were romantically involved just like certain other genderless gems have had to deal with :P

If it quacks like a duck... but alright.
then it is likely Dee Bradley Baker providing the voice if it was created in english :P

kickz

Nov 3, 2017
Inuyashiki ep 6

WTF.... WTF!!!

Damn this ep was insane, kept me captivated the whole way.

This was like a love letter to all internet trolls

tumblr_ozjeu3FHLr1uku9tco5_500.gif

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad there was nothing warranting essay-length posts in these three because I'm pretty sure I overdid it several times over in that thread about character design.

King's Game 07
The gang stops by the town from Mayoiga to give us a more beautiful love story than Romeo & Juliet. The stupid was a bit too low this week but my god does it look like it's ready to go back through the roof again soon. That ending just... yup.

I wonder if the just-out-of-frame taxi driver who they regaled with their insane excerpts from the world's worst horror phone novel is gonna have to drive the poor dude back now? Did they ask him to wait? Is he gonna have to call another cab?

Magus' Bride 06
I don't think any of the issues I complained about before have gone away and they probably never will, but it takes a perfect storm for them to hurt a plot as badly as they did last week, so this was something of an outward return to form. I'm glad that we're ready to start digging into what makes Elias tick, but I really wish they'd cool their fixation on stating stuff in rote that could be conveyed more creatively. Even if the actual technical storytelling here is a bit rough, what it's trying to do and where it's trying to go are more than enough to keep it worth watching week to week for me, though I'm sure it'll pull a rant out of me again eventually (sorry in advance).

WUG 06
This is physically painful to watch, not because it's bad at the source, but because my god it's starting to get depressing watching a production fall apart like this. If they're already at the point where they had to replace a solid fifth of an episode with reused footage and slow zooms on filtered photographs, I'm really not sure one week off is gonna help them catch up meaningfully. Yikes.

Last edited:

MartyPCSR

Oct 25, 2017
Made In Abyss
I dont know what the general impression of this show was but legitimately one of my favorite shows Ive ever seen. Chilling and heartwrenching.

Thoraxes

Oct 25, 2017
Gehenna
Maybe i'm LTTP, but gee this came outta nowhere and it's coming pretty soon (December 26th). Definitely will be picking up day 1.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Uh oh. He comes back already? I hate that clown bastard already...

True, he talented crew of shooters definitely has her back.
the clown bastard is easy to hate, but at the same time you will most likely grow to love him as well.
he is great, and there is a scene coming up that makes it hard to believe that the dub was actually aired on toonami lol.

and yeah, most of the stuff Koko does can be explained by the fact that she has absolute faith in her company. Despite the preview song about how she is loco, she in general isn't exceptionally crazy, just confident things will go her way.

for those who want to hear the scene in english
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThufIpXK-aA

Corn you likely shouldn't watch it yet :P

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
King's Game 7
Of course that's the reason why Natsuko knows what's up with the King's Game. At least we got another slew of really dumb scenes, including the one girl who killed her entire family, but couldn't put down a hilariously drawn dog. I mean, I wouldn't kill a dog either, but that thing was an abomination.

Inuyashiki 6
So it really was an issue with the old dude not knowing about technology as to why he sucked so hard at using his new robot body. Seriously, I would would totally still watch a show that is just Inuyashiki do stuff. Make that a show. Please. Someone.

Also, the second half of the episode went full pants-on-head stupid with the internet trolls bit. Fuck internet trolls, but that whole sequence was god-awful. Actually, everything surrounding Shishigami is pretty damn stupid.
Maybe i'm LTTP, but gee this came outta nowhere and it's coming pretty soon (December 26th). Definitely will be picking up day 1.

Was Kiznaiver worth watching? I stopped around the half way point, around the manga episode.

Last edited:

Deleted member 28564

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Uh oh. He comes back already? I hate that clown bastard already...
He slips in every now and again. That, along with the fact that he's an unapologetic nutcase, makes for some really funny scenes. It does still make me uncomfortable when he's in an overly close proximity to characters I'd like to live long happy (but not too happy) lives.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
With a preview like that, and knowing nothing about the series you'd think it was a yuri anime. Imagine my disappointment.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
I finally started Food Wars yesterday, it has been on my to-watch list for too long, but I'm happy to finally get into it.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Black Clover 1-7
Since this anime was being pushed a lot prerelease i decided to watch it and see what everybodys hating on.
And holy shit is it deserved.
Was their objective to make a shounen with all the tropes with the added spice of having the worst voiced acted character ever?.
In all the only thing i've taken from watching this is that I'M GOING TO BECOME THE WIZARD KIIIIING!
Black Clover is impossibly bad. It's like it was created by a generic shonen battle manga machine.

MH MD

Oct 25, 2017
Was Kiznaiver worth watching? I stopped around the half way point, around the manga episode.
It's very good, i think it picks up where you left and there are some very strong episodes waiting for you

Although i think the very ending is underwhelming to me but still i highly recommend it

Caligula TV anime announced.
https://news.ponycanyon.co.jp/2017/11/22231

Is the game ever released in west anyway.
It was, impressions were....not very good

Line X

Oct 26, 2017
Slowly catching up, but damn I really love MMO Junkie. Need more 30 year old heroines, hahaha

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
The Girls Last Tour Episode 7:

Well then, this was just a straight up slice of life episode about baking and also wondering around drab pipes for half the episode.

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
Diary of an MMO Junkie Episode 7:

Well, this episode does reaffirm that this series is at its most interesting when the MMO filter is used and that includes Himewari. Unfortunately it feels like we are spinning our wheels just waiting for the whole Liar Revealed set up to play out in earnest. Also, the series is starting to explore Sakurai as a character and it is nice to see his wants and dreams he is such a charisma black hole that couldn't pay me to care about it.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Girls Last Tour 7

Themes this time are getting lost and cooking. More of a laid back episode this time despite the threat of getting loss in a maze of pipes. What a show. At least they learned something useful today. Though it does make me wonder what sort of nutrition they're getting from those rations.

Oct 25, 2017
MMO Junkie 7

I'm convinced now that this show is ripe for a great live action adaptation whether it be a jdrama or some netflix project. Even though the coincidences are stacking up it manages to be way less contrived than typical dramas, but whether that's because the bar is so low or that I've seen internet relationships play out like this is up in the air. Where things go when the other shoe drops though will probably make or break this show. I'm intrigued and excited but being 7 episodes in and not able to confidently endorse the show has me anxious too.

Qurupeke

Oct 25, 2017
The Night is Short, Walk On Girl
I can't believe it, but this actually may top Tatami Galaxy for me. The style is very similar, there are also certain similar themes, but I think it reaches new heights. Unlike Tatami Galaxy, there's not one protagonist but two, and their stories intertwine with each other, along with several other ones. It's a constantly evolving story that, honestly, managed to capture me more and more as it unraveled, as it felt like having all the advantages of the "episodic" Tatami Galaxy, and none of its weaknesses. A crazy ride through four different stories, that were actually one big story. I was really disappointed when the movie seemed to reach its conclusion, as everything was very, very fun. The characters, the story, the imagery, the animation, everything was excellent.

The scene with the musical was probably my favourite, reminded me a lot of Tatami Galaxy's finale, where it's one crazy and surreal thing after another. Loved the humor in it and its conclusion was unbelievably good. The girl's horrendous acting and Don's persona, clashed really well with the more down to earth love story of the red-haired girl. Of course, I loved the climax of the movie too, it was quite breathtaking and oozed out Yuasa's style.

Fantastic movie. It's basically a love letter to anyone that liked Tatami Galaxy. Definitely my AOTY. Yuasa is still the best.

bulbasort

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I heard that Haikyuu had a dub made of the first season made (I have mutual friends with some of the VAs), is it going to become available on Hulu/Crunchyroll/anywhere?

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I heard that Haikyuu had a dub made of the first season made (I have mutual friends with some of the VAs), is it going to become available on Hulu/Crunchyroll/anywhere?
it's on hidive i believe (or will be, as that is where sentai dubs go), getting released like an episode a week or something if I recall right.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I saw that, but they require a subscription to watch the dubs, which sucks.
I mean it's what $5 a month?
$5 is a fair price to watch a season of a show I think (as long as you wait for it to all be out :P)

but yeah crunchy won't get the dub. It's partnered with funimation and thus barely hosts any dubs.
hulu has a small chance but I imagine it stays exclusive to hidive.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
so black clover is obviously a better show than mob psycho, or my hero academia as it's coming to toonami apparently :P

Status
Not open for further replies.